• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cursed

• sivispacem

• HaRdSTyLe_83

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got the cable management done on my setup, and a few other bits and bobs. Getting there.            

Iconic Formula 1 livery. JPS.               Matching custom keyboard       Still moving things around.  

Nice set up, man! I only saw that video where your PC was being put together. That desk is very cool by the way.  icon14.gif

I also used to have my 360 hooked up to my monitor (thank goodness for HDMI inputs), but since I got the new Slim one with integrated WiFi, I could finally put it downstairs in the living room where it belongs.

I had a good time putting it together. I enlisted the help of a good friend of mine to make sure I put it all together right. Fun stuff. If you like the desk its actually pretty cheap. It was an Office Max special. lol. Thanks though. I've been enjoying it. I finally have space to spread things out.

I have been putting off buying a slim. The only reason I was going to get one was for the 250GB HDD. I ended up just getting a replacement HDD for my elite though. Took care of that. As long as it keeps on keepin' on I don't think I'll move on to the new unit. I really do want to hook it up to a TV though. I love my monitor and its great for PC gaming. For the Xbox I need a big ass screen where I can sit on the other side of the room and still feel like I'm right in front of it. lol.

PresidentKiller

I had a good time putting it together. I enlisted the help of a good friend of mine to make sure I put it all together right. Fun stuff. If you like the desk its actually pretty cheap. It was an Office Max special. lol. Thanks though. I've been enjoying it. I finally have space to spread things out.

I have been putting off buying a slim. The only reason I was going to get one was for the 250GB HDD. I ended up just getting a replacement HDD for my elite though. Took care of that. As long as it keeps on keepin' on I don't think I'll move on to the new unit. I really do want to hook it up to a TV though. I love my monitor and its great for PC gaming. For the Xbox I need a big ass screen where I can sit on the other side of the room and still feel like I'm right in front of it. lol.

It's a nice desk, but I doubt it's cheap over here, lol

I didn't want to get the Slim either. I was pretty happy with the Elite, but then I saw the Kinect and, well... a brand new Slim with a 250 GB HDD integrated WiFi and the Kinect was just too cool to ignore. tounge.gif I got it and gave my old one to my nephew and nieces.

EDIT: Just so I don't de-rail the topic. A very bad pic of myself using my PC: tounge.gif

user posted image

Edited by PresidentKiller

I finally built my Gaming PC and was successful!

user posted image

Here's a picture inside of my case, I know the cable management is horrible but I don't care for now, I just want to play games for a while and not have to deal with the mess. I'll fix it another time and make it nice and neat.

user posted image

I also cleaned up the wires on the ground. It looks a little neat.

user posted image

I posted my iPad a while ago as its kinda become my main personal computer, with my Windows PC reserved for gaming and larger projects. Anyway, here's a desktop shot, freshly jailbroken.

user posted image

I posted my iPad a while ago as its kinda become my main personal computer, with my Windows PC reserved for gaming and larger projects. Anyway, here's a desktop shot, freshly jailbroken.

user posted image

iPad 2 can be jailbroken?

leik oh em jeez!

Hate to break up all of the iPad discussion, but I just got my secondary system up and running:

user posted image

Specs:

XFX 780i SLI

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.33Ghz

Zalman 9500 AM2 Edition

2Gb OCZ DDR2 800Mhz SLI-Ready Edition

ATI FireGL V5600 (Need to get two 8800GTXs up in this bitch.)

Matrox Millennium G200 MMS (Quad monitor beast)

Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black

sh*tty 450w PSU

Edited by leik oh em jeez!

-

Edited by Marwin
  • 2 weeks later...

One thing I will say for Apple is their sh*t looks pretty clean. You are obviously a fan. tounge.gif

I probably should have gone the wireless route being I have a glass desk and all. Oh well...

user posted image

This is what my desk at home was like before I got my 2233rz a few weeks ago.. My room is terrible, but s'not bad. Should take a photo of the new set-up.

I can't get a photo of ym actual desktop atm, but here is a screeshot.

I am in love with the photo i have as wallpaper, i wish it had more pixels so i could blow it up and frame it.

user posted image

leik oh em jeez!

Painted the inside of my Smilodon black today.

user posted image

Need a new PSU. Or just that 6-pin adapter to hurry up and ship so I can at least use my XFX 8800GT in this system.

Looks good. I like the green and black combo.

I just installed a new WD RE4 1TB drive today. I was running out of disk space for my legally obtained movies. Probably should have taken some pictures while I had the case apart...

I guess I'll take the side panel off again.

user posted image

user posted image

Didn't really trick it out. Its pretty basic, bar the sh*tloads of fans I stuck in it. It runs pretty quiet though. The flash on my camera really shows me how badly I need to hit the case with some compressed air again. Needs to be dusted, heh.

leik oh em jeez!

Yeah, this was kind of a "specialty" build. Wanted EVERYTHING to be black and green. So far it's turned out okay, but it'll look a lot better when I get a nice modular PSU, some big GPUs and sleeve all the cables. Thinking about doing individual sleeving. Black, with every fourth wire green or something like that.

Also, all that room and so little hardware?

Perhaps it's just me, but god I hate the look of Gigabyte's motherboards.

Got myself a new case today. The Cooler Master CM 690 Advanced. Was gonna post some pictures, but I'll wait and post some once I my Corsair H60 next week.

user posted image

Here's mine, pretty basic. I might post a pic of my PC's interior when its new components arrive.

Talking about new components, I bought this PSU:

user posted image

But my case doesn't have an opening above it. So I'm wondering if is it okay or even possible to put the PSU upside down so its fan faces the computer components instead of the case. Or there isn't a problem in it facing the case?

@What!?: I absolutely loved that case and its PSU position. wow.gif

leik oh em jeez!

Perhaps it's just me, but god I hate the look of Gigabyte's motherboards.

I'll have to agree with you there. Not a fan of that sky blue theme. I like a standard green motherboard, or some sort of black and green or black and red theme.

But my case doesn't have an opening above it. So I'm wondering if is it okay or even possible to put the PSU upside down so its fan faces the computer components instead of the case. Or there isn't a problem in it facing the case?

Looks like the fan was designed to face downwards anyways. I ran my 1200w in my HP case for at least a year with the fan sucking hot air away from the components. You should be fine like that.

If you look closely at the PSU, you can see a screw hole in one corner is off centered. The way the PSU is meant to be installed into the case will correspond with the hole positioning. So basically, you're case will decide for you which way it is to be mounted. tounge.gif

If you look closely at the PSU, you can see a screw hole in one corner is off centered. The way the PSU is meant to be installed into the case will correspond with the hole positioning. So basically, you're case will decide for you which way it is to be mounted. tounge.gif

Oh yeah. I just noticed that too. tounge.gif

So it will be facing downwards, that's make me a lot more comfortable about its temperature. Thanks guys. smile.gif

leik oh em jeez!

I also feel it necessary to mention that I got my quad socket motherboard working. Turned out it didn't like the 1200w power supply.

user posted image

user posted image

Need to flash the BIOS before I do anything with it. Major IRQ conflicts with only one GPU installed. But that's a common problem for the original BIOS.

Yeah, this was kind of a "specialty" build. Wanted EVERYTHING to be black and green. So far it's turned out okay, but it'll look a lot better when I get a nice modular PSU, some big GPUs and sleeve all the cables. Thinking about doing individual sleeving. Black, with every fourth wire green or something like that.

Also, all that room and so little hardware?

For a modular PSU I really like my Silverstone.

As for all the extra space... Right now I have all the hardware I need. The case is going to last me past this system. I want to eventually move on to water cooling. I have ample space for a reservoir, as well as, lines, pump, and a radiator, when I choose to go that route. I also plan on installing more HDD's and another GTX 570 (or two) to run in SLI.

As for the color scheme of the Mobo, I could care less what it is, honestly. I like Gigabyte because I know they use quality capacitors that aren't going to blow up after a couple years. Durability and useability are far more valuable assets then worrying whether or not my Mobo clashes with the color of my RAM/case/whatever. tounge.gif

That said, I like everything as black as possible. So if the color were to change to something darker I wouldn't complain.

leik oh em jeez!

XFX was also a good name back when they were making motherboards. I believe they were they only ones offering a double lifetime warranty standard. So this system is of decent quality (Or will be when finished) with it's XFX mobo and GPU, OCZ RAM, and EVGA GPUs when I upgrade. Was also considering a Corsair Power Supply.

XFX was also a good name back when they were making motherboards. I believe they were they only ones offering a double lifetime warranty standard. So this system is of decent quality (Or will be when finished) with it's XFX mobo and GPU, OCZ RAM, and EVGA GPUs when I upgrade. Was also considering a Corsair Power Supply.

I have been out of the enthusiast market for a while. I had a job that didn't allow me any real time for it. I haven't personally known anyone who has used an XFX product so I haven't heard much about them. I was looking at Asus and Evga before I settled on Gigabyte. A lot of these companies produce a product that seems to be fairly on par with their competitors, but I really get concerned with the components they use to build their products. Especially since I see so many boards from just a couple years ago come across my buddies workbench. If it isn't the capacitor plague its bad solder. Or something that blew up as a result of one or the other failing. Electronic components seem to suck fairly hard now days. Speaking of bad capacitors, I'm fairly certain I didn't go with a modular Corsair PSU for just that reason. The Silverstone uses the better caps. At least from what I have seen.