• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cursed

• sivispacem

• HaRdSTyLe_83

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got the cable management done on my setup, and a few other bits and bobs. Getting there.            

Iconic Formula 1 livery. JPS.               Matching custom keyboard       Still moving things around.  

3 hours ago, K^2 said:

There are some aftermarket water blocks for Aorus, so I might be able to replace integrated block/pump with an aftermarket block and bring it all into a single loop.

I'm pretty sure the AIO-equipped Aorus is the same as the stand-alone water-blocked one in terms of board layout, so you could use either the Aorus block or EK or similar that's designed for the Aorus.

LittleBlueTroll

I bought the Corsair 750D case for my first build, and I loved it so much I used it again for my second. 

When putting together the specs for my second build, I saw online that corsair done a 750D airflow edition, which I never saw/wasn't available when I bought the standard 750D. The case is the same, it just has a grilled front panel as opposed to the flat sheet of metal on the standard. After looking on Scan, it turns out you can simply buy the "airflow front panel" and attach it, so that's exactly what I did. 

I've never had a problem with temperatures inside this case, but more airflow certainly isn't a bad thing.

I even like how it looks. 

thumbnailImage1.jpg

That's how it starts. My current build started out as, "Oh, I can see the fans through the front grill, but they aren't RGB. I bet I can find some nice RGB fans to put in." And now I'm trying to decide what color I like for 16mm rigid tube fittings.

• Like 4

For anyone who has a tabletop receiver/interface/DAC/etc and wants extra desk space. Here is how to mount nearly anything under your desk for the price of a cup or two of coffee. I bent my bracket slightly taller than my interface, because I wanted an airgap for cooling. Probably unnecessary, but the bend height is up to you anyway.

Qb1B2Fo.jpg

9mxTksb.jpg

zLH6lnM.jpg

Mounted

7siOJY7.jpg

Now I can put other junk on my desk where this thing used to be.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

since I'm Rockstar Games fan, this is my desktop:

fabCnmu.png

LittleBlueTroll

@uNi that's really nice mate 👾

Seriously envious of that desk. I might actually upgrade this year to a longer and deeper desk, could definitely fit one in with minimal effort.

Love the feature wall too. Another thing I wish I did when I decorated this room is having a feature wall where my desk is facing. 

Got my eye on the Linnmon table top 200x60, reviews are mixed saying it's not very sturdy, though. Either way i'm wanting to pair it with the Alex drawers.

Thing is they've been discontinued right before i wanted to do this room out and painted lool. The new range is gonna drop around April, so fingers crossed.

Edited by DEADWOODZ
5 hours ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Got my eye on the Linnmon table top 200x60, reviews are mixed saying it's not very sturdy, though. Either way i'm wanting to pair it with the Alex drawers.

Thing is they've been discontinued right before i wanted to do this room out and painted lool. The new range is gonna drop around April, so fingers crossed.

I use those for my desks and they are holding up just fine.  Have all but the longest one. Just put the 150CM together today with legs on one side and a Micke drawer on the other. It is the same size as Alex but fewer drawers. Comes with wheels but leaving them off puts it at the perfect height.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:38 AM, uNi said:

Eslw1rhW4AIVCMm?format=jpg&name=large

I liked your PC, but i got questions for that

Does that run on 4K Graphics?

What is its installed RAM?

Does your PC's GPU is GeForce?

GPU replacement, take two... this time it's the RX570 4GB from Aorus. The MSI RX470 Gaming X definitely had a better cooler, but this card at least fits in my case, unlike the MSI which was too wide. And now I have mobo and GPU from matching manufacturers, so that's something I guess. 😛

hA3KhEn.jpg

iJW7oHc.jpg

• Like 3
4 hours ago, uNi said:

Yes.

32GB.

wow

---

I'll start with the specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3710  @ 1.60 GHz  1.60GHz

Installed RAM: 4.00 GB (3.86 GB Usable)

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics

Installed DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Refresh Rate: 60Hz

I know my PC is very poor, but PC games still works fine even my computer is the worst

24 minutes ago, sivispacem said:

That's the thickest AIO I've ever seen.

Yeah, that's the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 with a 38mm radiator, which I believe is thicker than in most AiO on the market. I'm not sure on how much that helps, but this AiO was quite cheap compared to competition (I've paid 339PLN = ~€75) and had good reviews, so that's that. I'm happy with it overall, it does the job (not that I'm really pushing it to the limits with a stock R5-3600XT). The only gripe is that at specific RPM (slightly higher than idle) it makes a weird (and quite subtle) sound, a bit as if something was resonating. This might not be the fault of the AiO itself but maybe improper installation, but doesn't bother me enoguh to check right now. 😛

Edited by yoječ
  • Like 1

Possibly; it could look big because it's a small ITX case as well. To be honest I like that it looks chunky, I think it adds to the aesthetic if nothing else. 😛

Edited by yoječ
LittleBlueTroll

Love the white on black! 

Did you have to buy the white caps separately or did they come with your (Corsair) keyboard as default? 

I bought the white caps ages after I got my K70. The white pops so nicely. 

They did do a special edition all white K70, but I can't make up my mind if I like all white products, I prefer some kind of contrast or an accent. 

I bought them a while back, they do reflect pretty nice off the G513 carbon.

I did have a K70 lux before i spilt coke on it lol, so i went for a Logitech setup.

At one point i was actually looking at the Corsair k70 mk.2 SE (the white one) a bit ago. I dunno, might have to purchase it at some point when i get this desk in.

Edited by DEADWOODZ
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm getting a new PC soon, but I'm going to buy a laptop that has high PC specs

32Dr1VG.png

The cat knows that blocking my top airflow will get him treat. His previous attempt to get my attempt was to pee on an electric ciruit board. It ended up getting electrocuted in the genitalia. 😁

• Like 2
GTA3Rockstar
19 hours ago, Jimmy said:

It ended up getting electrocuted in the genitalia. 😁

He's got enough balls to last him awhile lol

I finally moved over to the "new" case. Wish it was slightly wider so the side panel wouldn't bulge as much, not really anywhere to put the cables out of sight. Also it's already managed to get a deep scratch on the side panel.

Specs:

Spoiler

The major components

• Ryzen 3700X
  • EVGA 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
  • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
  • G.Skill Trident Z F4-3600C16-8GTZR
  • Super Flower Leadex Titanium 750w

The storage

• Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512gb (Swapping it out to my sister's pc so she actually has a boot drive because she can't afford one)
  • SK Hynix Gold P31 500gb (To replace the previous boot drive)
  • WD Black SN750 1tb (Game storage overflow/Frequently played games)
  • Crucial MX500 2tb (New game storage drive)
  • Some WD Black 2tb hard drive (General storage, potentially games that don't really need a fast drive, makes a concerning sound when it spins down that is apparently normal for a black drive.
  • Some WD Blue 3tb hard drive (Previous game storage from before I had a larger ssd, will slowly migrate things over to the MX500)

The fans and other sh*t like that

• 2x Silverstone Air Penetrator AP182 (Came with case, connected to stock fan controller)
  • 1x Noiseblocker E-Loop ARGB and 1x E-Loop black with Phanteks Halos (The argb fan does colours a little too pale and the blues are too aqua, may swap to the black one)
  • Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 (Makes taking the gpu out evil)
  • Asus wifi card I can't remember the model name of
  • Cablemod cable extensions because I couldn't find custom cables for this psu
  • Simplecom 5.25 drawer (Not installed yet)

1zCIAtP.jpg

yBZI18d.jpg

PU9Vezu.jpg941tWRV.jpg

Inside

Spoiler

L8yi6gD.jpg

1woFGAi.jpg8KG6pk5.jpgcefX2gJ.jpg4ui70zk.jpg

the front fan cables are pain, no idea how I'm gonna hide them whenever I use that radiator.

gwzEy7Z.jpg

NTrl0c7.jpg

Case comes with this gpu bracket that I literally can't use as well as a cpu tower bracket that I removed so I could run cables to that MX500

6LIBVIS.jpgE3eRerB.jpg

VPWTjVR.jpg

It's got some quirks, like this noise the power led makes

I really want to get a piece of glass or something cut for the side panel, the acrylic is horrible to look after.

Desktop keeps changing it's theme back to the default accent and light mode every now and again, as well as the desktop icons reverting, can't even change the My Computer one without a shortcut anymore...

tA1DnZg.png

The black fan with the halo ended up looking like this

20210311_204933.png

Edited by owl-man
Fan

Added the Phanteks Neon RGB strip across the top of the case. Also bought those Phanteks RGB fan frames, though i can't get one of the frames to fit on the top fan 😑

ICarP7.jpg

This tkl is by far the best keyboard i've had, QX2 brown switches feel really nice. The oled screen doesn't really add too much, you can monitor pc temps and create gifs in Photoshop or w/e, then import within the Steelseries software, that's about it. This will definitely be my main for a while.

Now i've just got to get a decent sturdy desk in.

ICajl5.jpg

ICag4b.jpg

Edited by DEADWOODZ
  • Like 1