• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cursed

• sivispacem

• HaRdSTyLe_83

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got the cable management done on my setup, and a few other bits and bobs. Getting there.            

Iconic Formula 1 livery. JPS.               Matching custom keyboard       Still moving things around.  

17 hours ago, Mexicola9302 said:

[Unfortunate Photograph]

You owe it to yourself to take a better picture for us! The harsh lighting and glare really ruins things in my opinion.

Definitely don't use a flash or other bright source of light with the glass panel between the camera and interior. 🙂

IMG-20201019-152533.jpg

> Intel i7 6900K at 4.3GHz/1.285v

> MSI X99A MPower

> 32GB GSkill Trident Z RGB running at 3000MHz CL14

> EVGA RTX 2080 XC at 2065MHz core/+750MHz memory

> Samsung 970 Evo 500gb

> 2x Samsung 860 Evo 1TB

> Corsair AX750 Gold

> Gigabyte WiFi 6 card

> Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL

Loop consists of:

> Custom distribution plate

> XSPC D5 PWM pump

> HardwareLabs GTX 360 bottom

> HardwareLabs GTS 360 top

> Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro CPU block

> Watercool Heatkiller IV RGB GPU block

> 6x custom painted Noctua NF-P12 Redux

> EK-ZMT black tubing in 10/16

> Barrow fittings

23 hours ago, KDA said:

Retro-ish.

Looks gucci, the screen reminds me a bit of my white LG microwave. What do those knobs (at least they look like knobs) do? Adjust brightness?

Edited by GhettoJesus
On 11/7/2020 at 11:29 AM, Dryspace said:

You owe it to yourself to take a better picture for us! The harsh lighting and glare really ruins things in my opinion.

Definitely don't use a flash or other bright source of light with the glass panel between the camera and interior. 🙂

jHboXfYg.jpg

The display of the watercooler is reflecting weirdly, but else it's a better pic i guess.

Edited by Mexicola9302
  • Like 3

Finally built my new build to replace my old 4670k build:

Bxu4uPW.jpg

Nothing flash looks wise as I don't particularly care about that my self, it is nice and quiet during games though which is the main thing I wanted other than performance of course.

AMD 5800x w/ Noctua NH-u12s

MSI B550 Tomahawk

Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb @ 3600

Fractal Meshify C

Plus my old 1070 GTX that I will replace when GPU prices and stock are more sensible in the UK lol.

• Like 4

So I spent the last week or so working on my setup.

I wanted to add a bit of contrast as I had used all black... well, everything, since I started my setup a few years ago.

So I wanted to add some white into the mix. We will get to that.

First things first, cable management. This is something I always attempted to do, so luckily, I wasn't In a bad state when starting this. I bought some PVC trunking, and some adhesive cable clips to route cables under the desk. This was just to eradicate as many cables as humanly possible. I done a decent enough job, everything was hidden well. I added x2 trunking lengths above the skirting board, and you can see an additional x3 on the far right to cover all the PC wires. I couldn't cover the ones directly behind the PC itself, as I needed some slack, so I used a velcro cable tie to bound them all together, and placed them as far behind the PC as possible:

2a01.jpeg 

I also drilled x2 holes in the desk for the keyboard, mouse and mousepad. I aimed the hole a bit closer to the front of the desk, so I could push them all back slightly and cover the holes. Again, I needed some slack from the mouse cable, so I have to leave a bit out:

3ef2.jpg

Now it came to colour manage ( to a degree) I wanted white and black. I bought the white keycaps for the K70, the M65 Elite In white, Corsair Virtuoso headset again in white, and a Robot White Xbox One X/S controller to keep it all looking similar. I also painted the front lip (and sides) of the desk. Was originally all black, but I painted just them sections to give it more contrast and fit the theme. I'm debating painting the lip below that on the drawer unit too:

3.jpeg

Heres a few random photos from side on, and standing further back. If you look to the right on the wall on this first photo, you will see some 3m velcro tabs I used for some old cable management. They are stuck so much stronger than i anticipated, so pulling them off is taking the paint with it. I currently have no grey paint left, so I'll have to get some mixed before they're removed. Also, It annoys me so bad that the RGB on my GPU doesn't match the light colours, however Dragon Centre is sh*t, and It keeps failing to start. 

4.jpeg

7.jpeg

5.jpeg

I also tried to cable manage the TV and Xbox, however I'm debating changing the TV area all together, so I just bound the cables with a few velcro cable ties and left it at this:

6.jpeg

Next on my list is a new build. I have all my parts planned out, just need to get the ball rolling now. I'm actually going to swap out some components on my list for the new rig, to ensure the white and black theme continues. 👍🏻

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to building my new PC... my old GTX660 will have to do for now, hopefully I'll be able to buy RTX3050Ti on release.

NDdrH4V.jpg

WrY8Ybv.jpg

Mandatory RGB setup below...

FByI8RZ.jpg

I'll have to tidy up these cables dangling all around, but at least I was able to get rid of my work laptop on the desk - I've switched to working on my new PC. Feels so much better now not having to switch between my PC and laptop all the time.

LlnBVDO.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I know how to get on the line. I just haven't done it here.

p35YTR3.jpg%5D

gfCE0tu.jpg%5D

Edited by E•MO•TION
When did posting pictures on this site get so f*cking infuriating?

Do you all manage to keep your desks as clean as when you take a photo of them? Because I clean my area for photos, but 30 minutes later, real life makes it a mess.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, KDA said:

Do you all manage to keep your desks as clean as when you take a photo of them? Because I clean my area for photos, but 30 minutes later, real life makes it a mess.

Oh god no, especially not working from home. Currently my keyboard is propped up on my monitor stand so I can fit my laptop and dock in a usable place, I've got three empty glasses or mugs and a pile of face masks on my desk plus other random detritus.

I've bought an arm and mounts to wall-mount my monitor and speakers plus a hideously expensive DisplayPort KVM that will let me do 1440p144 and supports proper EDID and passthrough so I can actually share my display and peripherals properly. Hoping that will sort things out.

• Like 1
LittleBlueTroll
On 1/7/2021 at 9:44 PM, KDA said:

I actually do, I can't stand mess around my setup. 

So my new pc parts finally arrived: 

IMG4425.jpeg

There are a few bits not in the photo, as I reused them, like my M.2 and case fans. Finished the build off yesterday, haven't taken a decent photo yet as I want to revisit some cable management. It isn't bad by a long shot, I just want to route some different, especially towards the bottom. 

So here is a generic OTT RGB photo:

IMG4451.jpeg

On 1/14/2020 at 8:44 AM, Straypuft said:

Just installed a Ryzen 3900x and compatible motherboard:

TTMucCU.jpg

Hairs. That is a cool case

On 1/8/2021 at 2:25 AM, sivispacem said:

Oh god no, especially not working from home. Currently my keyboard is propped up on my monitor stand so I can fit my laptop and dock in a usable place, I've got three empty glasses or mugs and a pile of face masks on my desk plus other random detritus.

I've bought an arm and mounts to wall-mount my monitor and speakers plus a hideously expensive DisplayPort KVM that will let me do 1440p144 and supports proper EDID and passthrough so I can actually share my display and peripherals properly. Hoping that will sort things out.

Can it be worse than mine?

3pNJAwu.jpg

If you think this looks bad, my other desks vary from just as bad, to even worse. 😄

• Like 3
On 1/10/2021 at 5:08 AM, KDA said:

Can it be worse than mine?

He is human! 😆

Just built this over the weekend. My first ever build.  I didn't want any lights on it but did not pay any attention to the details when I grabbed the fans. 

138373467_191974412610515_37822812541299

138890317_191974332610523_88014661168306

138432606_191974519277171_89801060193809

Corsair 4000D Airflow 

Corsair AF120 x5

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra

Intel i7-9700K

Nvidia RTX 2070 Super

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black

Corsair RM850x

Corsair Vengeance LPX  DDR4  16GB  3000 MHz  C15

Western Digital   SN750  SSD    1TB and 500MB

Kioxia SSD 1TB

Western Digital   HDD   2TB

Started off buying a prebuilt from DELL at the end of 19. While it performed nicely, it was poorly designed and had almost zero air flow. Not to mention the terrible 460w proprietary PSU.

So I bought some parts and stripped the CPU/GPU/1TB SSD/ from it and built something that will stay cool and is actually upgradeable. Just waiting until I can easily get my hands on a new GPU.

Edited by dieseltech20
LittleBlueTroll

So, to shorten a long and boring story, when I installed my CPU cooler, the mini USB cable needed to edit the RGB was missing, I searched at the of the build and couldn't find it anywhere, convinced I just didn't have one. Today I found it in my old motherboard box. No idea on earth why I put it there, but it finally meant I could edit the standard RGB lighting, and change it all to pink and blue like I used to have:

IMG4557.jpeg

The photo doesn't really capture the lighting well, but the Corsair logo on the pump has a pink outside ring with a blue logo, looks really clean. 

I also made a setup change, I wanted to replace the 2 monitor setup. Mainly because they were 60hz HDMI only, no bells and whistles, but also because even having a monitor at a slight angle was killing my neck. I wanted one monitor, smack bang in the middle of my desk. 

I went for the Acer Predator XB273GX (240hz, IPS Panel, G-sync, HDR) so plenty of upgrades over my older monitors. It's also one of the very best purchases I ever made. Everything is butter smooth and clear, it's incredible. I was debating getting it installed on a monitor arm, but having done some thinking it would make cable management almost impossible with only one monitor to achieve that floating look. So I kept the stand it came with. While I'm not a fan of it visually, I prefer the floating look, however it has excellent height adjustment, swivel, tilt all that jazz, so really useful. 

IMG4563.jpeg

And finally, I bought a mini fridge, that I placed next to my TV stand so its right next to me when I'm at my desk. Now I can "crack a cold one with the boys" while playing some Warzone (literally the only game my friends play) without even leaving the man cave:

IMG4564.jpeg

IMG4448.jpeg

I don't have anything else planned now. So for a while, mission accomplished. 

Edited by LittleBlueTroll
2 hours ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

So, to shorten a long and boring story, when I installed my CPU cooler, the mini USB cable needed to edit the RGB was missing, I searched at the of the build and couldn't find it anywhere, convinced I just didn't have one. Today I found it in my old motherboard box. No idea on earth why I put it there, but it finally meant I could edit the standard RGB lighting, and change it all to pink and blue like I used to have:

Which Corsair fans are those you use for the rear? I've been meaning to pick some up for a while now but i might just consider picking up the Phantek Halos LUX RGB fan frames, they look pretty nice to put on my stock nzxt fans.

I'll most likely wait for further more adjustments to the pc until i get this new desk in and the room all done out, painted all that.

Edited by DEADWOODZ
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Which Corsair fans are those you use for the rear? 

They look like LL120s

• Like 2
LittleBlueTroll

16 hours ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Which Corsair fans are those you use for the rear?

6 hours ago, sivispacem said:

They look like LL120s

They are indeed! Although the top 2 fans are whichever model came with the H100i, I actually don't know what they are. 

So for the last 2 days, I couldn't enable an XMP profile. Every time I did my PC would only post in safe mode. Flicking through the motherboard booklet last night, and I saw the recommended DIMM slots for 2 sticks were the complete opposite of where my RAM was seated. So this morning I moved them to the opposite slots, and bingo. Worked like a charm. I actually never knew that made a difference, as I've always had 4 sticks in the past.

I want 4 again, purely for the aesthetic in all honesty, but I'll put that on ice for now. 

WIP, so pardon the wire mess and unicorn vomit color scheme.

DTXszef.jpg

Soft tubing is temporary, until I decide the GPU situation. It's a 2080Ti, so given current GPU market, buying a new card would be financially irresponsible, but back when I bought it, I didn't think I'd go for a custom cooling loop, so it has an integrated cooler. There are some aftermarket water blocks for Aorus, so I might be able to replace integrated block/pump with an aftermarket block and bring it all into a single loop.

In either case, the goal is to replace soft tubing with rigid. Either PETG or borosilicate.

• Like 2