Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,906 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Moonshield

The Official Metal Topic

fuko

Why do Americans love heavy metal so much? Or more on average than the rest of the world anyway?

is this some sort of joke

Moonshield

Nah, it's just some daft jagoff.

sivispacem

Anyone heard the newer Darkthrone stuff?

I've gotta say that I was never a huge fan on the earlier lo-fi TRVE KVLT stuff, which isn't surprising seen as I love the more progressive, crusty, industrial and artistic black metal bands (Enslaved, Borknagar, Vintersorg, Anaal Nathrakh, Frost, Fukpig, Nachtmystium, <CODE>, Moonsorrow, Havoc Unit, Plutonium, The Axis of Perdition, December Wolves, Mezzerschmitt, Keep of Kalessin, Ihsahn, Nokturnal Mortum, Skyforger, Primordial, Cruachan, Forefather, ect), but quite enjoyed their crust punk period (from The Cult Is Alive up to Circle the Wagons). However I find the new album really, really engrossing.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've raved about them before, but Vektor are f*cking awesome

Kirsty

Holy crap, haven't listened to Darkthrone in a long time and that certainly is different. Under a Funeral Moon is still one of my fave albums that I still have in CD format with those smooth black covers, kind of went off them after FOAD.

Moonshield

Darkthrone's f*cking awesome no matter which way you cut it. Their newer stuff is way crusty, but Fenriz just owns it so much that it works.

Speaking of black metal, it's been pretty much on for me 24/7 thanks to the weather. Any fans of Fauna?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dq8tyOE3OQ

fuko

theocean_poster_us2014_snakes_dates.jpg

btbam-deafheaven-intronaut-thekindred.jp

Animals-As-Leaders-Tour-750x278.png

march looking pretty good for tours

one of them is 40 minutes away and one is 2.5 hours away but id like to go to all of them if i can

Moonshield

Nice lineups there. I haven't heard the new The Ocean yet, but they're generally pretty solid. The Atlas Moth's singer is a f*cking twat though, plus they're bland as sh*t.

That BTBAM show should be good, though I've never been too into them. Deafheaven and Intronaut are solid as f*ck. I'll be seeing Deafheaven here next month.

I really don't care for Animals as Leaders, so I can't really comment on that show.

fuko

Definitely check out pelagial, i think its some of their best work. It's got a pretty cool concept behind it too if you hadn't already heard about that:

Pelagial is the sixth studio album by German metal band The Ocean. It is a concept album with the track titles referencing, in descending fashion, the oceanic depth zones. Musically, the concept is explored by sequencing the music such that it is increasingly dark and claustrophobic in emulation of the diminishing light and increasing pressure that comes with oceanic descent. The album was initially conceived as an instrumental release, although vocals were subsequently added; the band has made both versions available.

ive never heard the atlas moth before but thats unfortunate, although i wasnt exactly going for them so im not too worried about it.

Abel.

Anyone heard the newer Darkthrone stuff?

I've gotta say that I was never a huge fan on the earlier lo-fi TRVE KVLT stuff, which isn't surprising seen as I love the more progressive, crusty, industrial and artistic black metal bands (Enslaved, Borknagar, Vintersorg, Anaal Nathrakh, Frost, Fukpig, Nachtmystium, <CODE>, Moonsorrow, Havoc Unit, Plutonium, The Axis of Perdition, December Wolves, Mezzerschmitt, Keep of Kalessin, Ihsahn, Nokturnal Mortum, Skyforger, Primordial, Cruachan, Forefather, ect), but quite enjoyed their crust punk period (from The Cult Is Alive up to Circle the Wagons). However I find the new album really, really engrossing.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've raved about them before, but Vektor are f*cking awesome

Love Vektor. Heard Tetra-structural Minds on your recommendation and it absolutely owned.

Will listen to some more of the stuff you posted, thanks mate.

sivispacem

Of the two albums, Black Future is probably my favourite of the two, lots of first wave black metal influence. And everyone loves 10 minute technical thrash tracks about being lost in space.

FarSideOfSaturn

Bathory were the first metal band I remember hearing, thirteen years later and they're still my favourite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4APyw5f-mog

sivispacem

I love Bathory, but not the albums one might expect- Nordland I and II.

sivispacem

BrownMattHall

Animals-As-Leaders-Tour-750x278.png

this tour looks absolutely amazing

but yeah i just stumbled upon the music section of the forum, this place is great!

Groovy

New Indian album absolutely kills.

fuko

went to a battlecross show yesterday

it was cool

Ex Hellraiser

Would anyone be kind enough to recommend me some good metalcore stuff, preferably a little more on the melodic side but I am open to anything.

Edited by Ex Hellraiser

BrownMattHall

Would anyone be kind enough to recommend me some good metalcore stuff, preferably a little more on the melodic side but I am open to anything.

www.youtube.com/embed/0tjdgBk3yJ0?rel=0

Edited by BrownMattHall

Mr. House

I don't suppose anyone is interested in the upcoming Cynic album?

I didn't like the first track that was revealed last month, but this sounds really great.

sivispacem

Carbon Based Anatomy was amazing, can't wait for the new album.

Moonshield

New Indian album absolutely kills.

It's heavy as f*ck.

As for Cynic, I was never huge into them - the first release was pretty good, but the one from a few years back I couldn't get into, and the new song they released last month was laughably bad. The song up above in Nale's post isn't bad, but it's really just not my thing.

Ex Hellraiser

amazed-meme.gif

moar pls

EDIT: I just watched their video for "Call to the Warrior" and saw the Rock Hall and the "FREE" Stamp and was like ERMAHGERG THER FRERM CLEVELAND!!! Never actually heard any good music from Cleveland (apart from Filter or Chimaira), and now I have. Thank you sir, you have given my life new meaning.

Edited by Ex Hellraiser

BrownMattHall

amazed-meme.gif

moar pls

EDIT: I just watched their video for "Call to the Warrior" and saw the Rock Hall and the "FREE" Stamp and was like ERMAHGERG THER FRERM CLEVELAND!!! Never actually heard any good music from Cleveland (apart from Filter or Chimaira), and now I have. Thank you sir, you have given my life new meaning.

not a problem at all! i actually opened for them last year and was pleasantly surprised at how good they were. they were on killswitch's headliner that was supposed to be with AILD last year too so im happy to see them starting to get recognition

sivispacem

Metalcore you say?

Only two metalcore bands I really enjoy are Burst and Beecher.

Ex Hellraiser

Metalcore you say?

Only two metalcore bands I really enjoy are Burst and Beecher.

D'aw, c'mon! That's all? I know they are mainstream bands, but I don't see how you could not enjoy some A7X or AILD?

Even the original A7X was amazing (although a little less refined):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjhqJQ-tra4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqx6Wl3ZmgI

Moonshield

Nope.

sivispacem

Blacklisted are pretty decent too

Oh and Training for Utopia I suppose

D'aw, c'mon! That's all? I know they are mainstream bands, but I don't see how you could not enjoy some A7X or AILD?

I don't enjoy them, no. I don't go as far as some people to actively dislike them, but they're mediocre, depressingly unoriginal, deeply clichéd and whoever did the production on the first two albums deserves shooting.

Donnell Cameron and Tim Heidecker, that explains a lot.