Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,822 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

GT-1

Random Questions

Girish

Whats the deal with presing shift+2 and instead of having " you get @, and vice versa, ive always been somewhat baffled by this.  suicidal.gif

For Vista, goto Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Keyboards and Languages > Change Keyboards > Set default input language to US English.

If I'm not wrong, in XP, it should be; Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages > Details.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r

Thanks blush.gif

cold fusion 33

Thanks for all the help Warlord, I got a new TV (Not because of this problem) and it still had the same problem, but I used your advice and now it's working beautifully smile.gif.

Thanks again man, your help is always invaluable smile.gif. I'd put you on my respect list, if you weren't already on there tounge.gif.

CF33

anus

Hehe no problem mate. Always happy to help smile.gif.

cold fusion 33

Ok, another question from me tounge.gif.

What's the next step up from the processor I currently have? I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ in a Bio Star MCP6P M2+ (AM2+ MoBo).

Im not looking for anything too expensive, or anything with a massively high clock rate, because this is already at 2.6Ghz, anything more than 3.0 would probably be overdoing it. Im not looking for going way out there and going quad core, I just want the next step-up from this processor. What I am going to do, if there is a processor out there for me, is simply take this processor out, sell it on eBay, and then spend that money, and however much more on the new CPU. So really, all I want is a CPU with a little but more power tounge.gif.

CF33

anus

Whats your budget?

cold fusion 33

Well, depending on how much the 5000+ would sell on eBay, I might be able to go for maybe £30 more (And the money I'd get from the 5000+). Seeing as it would probably not be possible to get another CPU with that budget, I'm still intrigued to know what is the next processor up the list to this one smile.gif.

CF33

copperwire93

Edit: Just figure it out icon14.gif

Edited by copperwire93

anus
Well, depending on how much the 5000+ would sell on eBay, I might be able to go for maybe £30 more (And the money I'd get from the 5000+). Seeing as it would probably not be possible to get another CPU with that budget, I'm still intrigued to know what is the next processor up the list to this one smile.gif.

CF33

Well, the direct next step up would be the X2 5200+, but I REALLY don't think it's worth "upgrading" to a processor like that as you'll see little to no performance increase. Best to go for Phenom II itself or save up and go Intel.

If you do decide to sell the CPU, remember to ask here before buying wink.gif.

cold fusion 33

I shall, I shall smile.gif. Yeah, I was looking at 5200's but I was already thinking to myself that really, no noticable performance would be seen tounge.gif. A Phenom would really be a good upgrade I think, but that might be stretching the bank somewhat tounge.gif. And going intel, much as I'd love to as I have been an intel fan since day one of computers (God that P4 was great!), would mean going for a new Mobo... I'll just have to see how everything goes smile.gif.

Thanks for the help mate, I will be sure to ask again in the future when I next need help with anything smile.gif.

CF33

anus

No problem man wink.gif.

gta_player5

I've had a problem with my FF3 recently. It isn't recording any browsing history. Typically if you visit a site it will show up in the address bar at a later date if you go back, but that's not happening. I go to check my browser history and it's empty; I didn't clear out the history. I'm asking if you know what caused this and what I'll have to do in order to correct this issue. Will I have to uninstall FF3 and reinstall?

cold fusion 33

Hmm, if you go to:

Tools > Options > Privacy, and see if clear private data when I close FireFox is enabled. If it is enabled, disable it. In the privacy settings, also check that browsing history is recorded. That is what may be causing your problems smile.gif.

Hope this helps,

CF33

Rambo_Augusta

Hi i recently made my own computer but my ram is not running at its proper speed(1066MHz) but instead running at 800MHz my motherboard(GA-EP45-UD3L) supports 1066MHz any help would be appreciated.

Garfield 2

Does anyone know any european Build Your Cheap PC sites? like ankermann-pc or dell.ie etc

Wolf68k
Hi i recently made my own computer but my ram is not running at its proper speed(1066MHz) but instead running at 800MHz my motherboard(GA-EP45-UD3L) supports 1066MHz any help would be appreciated.

Go into the BIOS and make sure it's set to auto detect

Also be sure to read the mobo manual, there maybe a jumper that needs to re/moved that might be effect the FSB speed.

M. H. Hunter III

Right im running FF V3.0.6.

My question is this here.

1. How do i disable the damned 'awesome bar'

and just make it the standard url bar?

Dunno why but that feature i dislike confused.gif

anus

Go into the BIOS and manually set the RAM to run at 1066MHz.

@Garfield 2, CyberPowerPC UK since you're living in the UK.

Garfield 2

Go into the BIOS and manually set the RAM to run at 1066MHz.

@Garfield 2, CyberPowerPC UK since you're living in the UK.

Site is down, I don't live in UK but this is not a problem since I have a lot of friends in UK ;]

Wolf68k
Right im running FF V3.0.6.

My question is this here.

1. How do i disable the damned 'awesome bar'

and just make it the standard url bar?

Dunno why but that feature i dislike confused.gif

In a new tab/window go to the address bar and type about:config

In the filter use one (or both) of the following

browser.urlbar.matchOnlyTyped - options: false (default) or true (only looks at the url not the page titles)

browser.urlbar.maxRichResults - options: any number you want, default is 12; this limits the number of results that show up

The first requires FF to be restarted, the second doesn't.

TheSamurai Hobo
Clear your internet cache and try again.

You could also try resetting your router/modem and see if it helps.

Have you tried using a different browser? Try Opera and see if its the same in that.

Tried that, no go.

~

Resetting the router doesn't work.

~

I tried IE and it is working..

(edit again)

I think I'll just download and use Opera for YouTube (f*cking FF3 whatsthat.gif )

(final edit) I might even make the switch to Opera.. I like it. Especially since I can see embedded youtube vids

Bump.

Happening again.

Cleared cache/cookies

Help?

*Google Chrome, Opera, FF3, IE7 all can not load youtube

_F_

Hey, i got this problem with LimeWire, i bet its been asked many times but i couldnt find any proper answer...

But the thing is, it doesn't connect the network... The bars in the left corner are mostly all red, only the first one is green, but i cant download or do anything...

It used to work normal, but after some time i have no clue what happened, it doesn't work anymore...

Maybe someone can help me?

Girish

Hey, i got this problem with LimeWire, i bet its been asked many times but i couldnt find any proper answer...

But the thing is, it doesn't connect the network... The bars in the left corner are mostly all red, only the first one is green, but i cant download or do anything...

It used to work normal, but after some time i have no clue what happened, it doesn't work anymore...

Maybe someone can help me?

You do know that the use of LimeWire is illegal, right? It just falls under the category of p2p networks that promote warez which is against the forum rules. Sorry dude, but we cannot help you on this.

Edit: Alright, scratch that. It's fine if you aren't downloading anything illegal.

To help you out, try reinstalling it. Make sure you have the latest version. I have also heard something about McAfee blocking it; not sure though.

Edited by girishb

cold fusion 33

Yes you can, Lime Wire may be a P2P program, but it's not illegal. It's only illegal if you download copyrighted material, and since he hasn't mentioned that yet (Because he's obviously downloading legal files), we can still discuss it.

SWEETSAPRIK

Have you tried using a different browser? Try Opera and see if its the same in that.

Tried that, no go.

~

~

(edit again)

I think I'll just download and use Opera for YouTube (f*cking FF3 whatsthat.gif )

(final edit) I might even make the switch to Opera.. I like it. Especially since I can see embedded youtube vids

Bump.

Happening again.

Cleared cache/cookies

Help?

What OS are you on?

If it's XP:

Click Start > Run

Then type "cmd /k ipconfig /flushdns"

If it's Vista:

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories

Then right click "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as administrator"

In the window that pops up type "ipconfig /flushdns"

If it's successful you should see "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache"

Then try google/youtube again.

Also, try this link http://209.85.133.99/

Does that take you to google, or is it blocked as well?

How about this one for youtube?

http://208.65.153.253/

@other topic

You can discuss limewire (even though it's sh*t), there's a damn pinned topic on this. If nobody else has brought up illegal downloads, you shouldn't either. That said, since I don't use that garbage I can't help with it.

_F_

Edit: Alright, scratch that. It's fine if you aren't downloading anything illegal.

To help you out, try reinstalling it. Make sure you have the latest version. I have also heard something about McAfee blocking it; not sure though.

Well ok i installed the latest version of LimeWire now, but still the same thing happening...

Girish

Well ok i installed the latest version of LimeWire now, but still the same thing happening...

There are 5 bars at the bottom left corner. At least 2 of them should be green. If only the first is green, it means 'Starting Connection' and you aren't connected yet. If it doesn't move ahead of this, then maybe something is blocking it. Add LimeWire to the exceptions list of your anti-virus and make sure that your firewall isn't blocking it.

_F_

Well now there is 0 bars green, and i think i alreadu have limewire in exceptions...

EDIT: Oh damn thanks, it started working now, i have no clue why it did, but its just weird that it didnt work about 5 months and now it started to work...

Edited by _F_

TheSamurai Hobo

Tried that, no go.

~

~

(edit again)

Bump.

Happening again.

Cleared cache/cookies

Help?

What OS are you on?

If it's XP:

Click Start > Run

Then type "cmd /k ipconfig /flushdns"

If it's Vista:

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories

Then right click "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as administrator"

In the window that pops up type "ipconfig /flushdns"

If it's successful you should see "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache"

Then try google/youtube again.

Also, try this link http://209.85.133.99/

Does that take you to google, or is it blocked as well?

How about this one for youtube?

http://208.65.153.253/

@other topic

You can discuss limewire (even though it's sh*t), there's a damn pinned topic on this. If nobody else has brought up illegal downloads, you shouldn't either. That said, since I don't use that garbage I can't help with it.

The flushing DNS did not work, but the IPs do icon14.gif

Btw, yes I'm on XP

matthew1g

Is there anyway to remove the Windows explorer task group as shown and get them to show as single tasks on the bar?