Picture Post & Commentary

GT-1

Sonic, is this one of your own or a conversion?

Update Time...

Seats, steering wheel, shifter, dash and doors... done. done. done.

user posted image

To the texturing cave! ph34r.gif

It's one of my own, I am still working on it. I still need to make an interior.

W.I.P. Texture

user posted image

user posted image

The texture is still being worked on.

Edited by Sonic011

W.I.P. Texture

user posted image

user posted image

Nice textures icon14.gif

W.I.P. Texture

user posted image

user posted image

Nice textures icon14.gif

Thanks!

thats a very nice countach.

typical though , always wanted one , never found a good one then two come along at the same time dozingoff.gif

Why is it every time I have a car to post, the topic is at the bottom of the page..? Why don't one of you quote this biggrin.gif

Anyways, first car on the new computer:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image <-- Wrong thumbnail..

I dont think I have to explain what movie this is from. I did NOT make this from scratch. It is made from NFS carbons 69 charger model that I've had sitting around for a year or so. I made a new front, wheels, engine, interior, and textures. I didn't have any pics of the car on my comp, so I loaded FnF on the comp and took about 3 dozen pics of the car in the movie. Some parts arent correct to a real charger, many trim peices and parts are missing/changed/painted on the movie car. Also the blower is wrong on the movie car that was wrecked. It is a fake blower and is missing fuel lines and has a few other giveaways, and I modeled my blower after the movie car's blower. So it's not accurate to real life, but is to the car.

Many of the textures come from the movie too. ALL the engine tex are from the movie, bumpers, lights, some other randon stuff, and I actually used the underside(visable for a split second during the final wreck) from the real car to tex the bottom of this one. I was gonna add some 3d parts to the bottom, but it was getting late and didnt do it. I know the rear turn signals arent there, Zmod crashed and I lost those and didnt remake them.

I wanted to do something quick and easy to get accustomed to the new comp to prevent doing something wrong or screwing up my serious projects, and have found many little problems that make some things signifigantly harder. I'm pretty sure I'll just have to abondon Zmod 1 altogether from them if I cant get em fixed.. Zmod 2 runs like a champ though..

This will not be for ingame use at all, ever, since it's roots are from EA. I probally will end up using the engine on something else though. It's 13000 somethin for the model and 1876 per wheel.

All that blabbing for a simple model...

Edit: I noticed that all my textures are dark on the new computer, I turned up my moniter settings, but I wonder if you guys dont see alot of my texture work, and I need to make them brighter. Can you guys see the tred pattern on the Sidewinder or the headliner on the Impala for example?

user posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Burner

Can you guys see the tred pattern on the Sidewinder or the headliner on the Impala for example?

Love this inlove.gif. You work damn fast, mate biggrin.gif.

Gorgeous Charger, would so love to see it ingame smile.gif.

Can you guys see the tred pattern on the Sidewinder or the headliner on the Impala for example?

I can see it without problems.

Why is it every time I have a car to post, the topic is at the bottom of the page..? Why don't one of you quote this biggrin.gif

I dont think I have to explain what movie this is from. I did NOT make this from scratch. It is made from NFS carbons 69 charger model that I've had sitting around for a year or so. I made a new front, wheels, engine, interior, and textures. I didn't have any pics of the car on my comp, so I loaded FnF on the comp and took about 3 dozen pics of the car in the movie. Some parts arent correct to a real charger, many trim peices and parts are missing/changed/painted on the movie car. Also the blower is wrong on the movie car that was wrecked. It is a fake blower and is missing fuel lines and has a few other giveaways, and I modeled my blower after the movie car's blower. So it's not accurate to real life, but is to the car.

Many of the textures come from the movie too. ALL the engine tex are from the movie, bumpers, lights, some other randon stuff, and I actually used the underside(visable for a split second during the final wreck) from the real car to tex the bottom of this one. I was gonna add some 3d parts to the bottom, but it was getting late and didnt do it. I know the rear turn signals arent there, Zmod crashed and I lost those and didnt remake them.

I wanted to do something quick and easy to get accustomed to the new comp to prevent doing something wrong or screwing up my serious projects, and have found many little problems that make some things signifigantly harder. I'm pretty sure I'll just have to abondon Zmod 1 altogether from them if I cant get em fixed.. Zmod 2 runs like a champ though..

This will not be for ingame use at all, ever, since it's roots are from EA. I probally will end up using the engine on something else though. It's 13000 somethin for the model and 1876 per wheel.

All that blabbing for a simple model...

Edit: I noticed that all my textures are dark on the new computer, I turned up my moniter settings, but I wonder if you guys dont see alot of my texture work, and I need to make them brighter. Can you guys see the tred pattern on the Sidewinder or the headliner on the Impala for example?

One day you should make a f*ckin video of how you model this good, i envy ur skillz lol

The Charger is from NFS Carbon, like he said, and then he chopped the mesh to convert it to the 1970 Charger from the movie. Like anyone reads things when you post pictures..... mercie_blink.gif

Yeah, I noticed how dark and contrasty everything is, I cant see the tread at all. Go into your videocard settings and adjust the brightness/contrast.

The Charger is from NFS Carbon, like he said, and then he chopped the mesh to convert it to the 1970 Charger from the movie. Like anyone reads things when you post pictures..... mercie_blink.gif

Yes, it may be half convert, but that doesn't mean you are not allowed to comment on it, does it?

That's what this topic for - showing ant commenting stuff.

Drunk Russian 9

One of my first attempts at modding . . .

user posted image

The hood seems dark but i aligned the vertices correctly. I dont know what to do.

EDIT: And yes, I know it has been done before.

That's called normals (shadows). To correct them either:

A. The quick way, mouse over the part, hold CTRL to lock the selection, go to the top menu bar "Edit>Surface>Normal Tuner"

It'll pop up a box, drag the Current to 0%, Calculation to 100%, and leave Projection as it is.

B. The longer way, better for final touches, imo. Select mesh in Vertice Mode. Select ALL vertices, then press SPACE BAR, or click the "SELECTED MODE" button at the bottom.

At the right tool bar Go to "Surface>Normals" Then click "Calculate" then press smooth about 5 times. The more vertices and the slower your computer, the longer it'll take. I'd suggest click it once at a time until you see the Normal "sticks" (the green lines popping out at all the selected vertices) stop moving. Eventually after clicking "Smooth" they'll stop moving and that's about as smooth as they'll get.

Oh, and to keep the textures loaded on the model, you need all of the textures from the cars .txd file in the same folder as the .dff you're importing from, and too keep them loaded make sure you save that .z3d in that folder as well. Also, the cars use a universal texture file, the vehicles.txd. You'll need to grab a bunch (I usually just copy them all into each car mod folder), if not all of the textures from that .txd with the others as well.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

UPDATE TIME! I added some wheels, these are not going to be the final wheels, I just like how they look at the moment.

user posted image

Drunk Russian 9

Thanks pico . . . btw i was using Zmodleler2 but I figured it out. About the texture, I got all of them in my folder but they still wont show. Any advice?

Thanks pico . . . btw i was using Zmodleler2 but I figured it out. About the texture, I got all of them in my folder but they still wont show. Any advice?

Download the Zmtutor off zmodeler2.com, it has a section about UV mapping.

Azo, what I meant was that he stated that the Charger will Never be available for game use. Yeah, its a shame.

Anyways, Texture update so far:

user posted image

Tell me what you think of the tire, bumper, and exhaust so far.

Note: Ah yes, the tread was going the wrong direction. Thanks Danny

Im using Corvette tires. http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/r...ance/553_02.jpg

Edited by JasonThummel

Flip the tire texture,it'll look sportier!

Good job on every thing else.

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

man burner you kick but nice models everyone

p.s does anyone know how to add sa style reflections on 3ds max 2008 you know the second uv map? could you like pm me if you know how

@ Burner : I know there's a good scratchmade 1968 charger out there somewhere, but can't seem to find it anymore. I do have the car in my collection, so I can send you the creator's mail adress if you want to make one which doesn't give copyright trouble. But IMO your car is modified to such an extent that the EA roots just aren't visible anymore.

EDIT : and it simply looks too good to not make it into the game. wink.gif

EDIT 2 : Found the other one. Apparently there are 1969 and 1970 versions of it too. link

Edited by Supra4

Yeah, I noticed how dark and contrasty everything is, I cant see the tread at all. Go into your videocard settings and adjust the brightness/contrast.

umm durr i read

Should have worked just as I said, I was describing how to do it with Zm2, it's what I use myself.

Glad you got that.

You need them in the folder BEFORE you import the .dff file originally. Instead of applying them to all the materials what you can do is this:

-Delete all the parts besides the hood (I'm assuming that's the only part you've modded so far. If it's any other parts, don't delete those either)

-Rename the parts to something other than what they already are. Anything besides other parts names

-save as a new .z3d file

-import the car in a new blank .z3d file. It should have all the textures loaded.

-Go to File>Merge and merge the .z3d file you made previously with all the modded body parts.

-These should pop in, and you just need to reapply their correct matching materials.

It'd be much much quicker than re-applying all the textures, at least if you understand what you're doing there. If not, then you need to go through each material one by one, and add in the texture images, on some you'll need to put in the UV maps as well. That all can be a bit complicated, so I'd suggest looking into the ZM2 tutorials as to how to do it.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Azo, what I meant was that he stated that the Charger will Never be available for game use.  Yeah, its a shame.

I said I would love to see it ingame. That makes a difference for the whole meaning of a sentence.

Nice car you got there smile.gif.

One hint,PLEASE,don't make the hood scoop that big,it makes the car look cheesy,make it a bit more refined and classy. something like a Classic Mustang's scoop.

Also,have you been thinkin' of a name?

What about Steed or Rammer or Carolina?

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

Is this better?

user posted image

I have a brand name already for my cars, and that is Tempest RS. And the name Carolina does suit the car. colgate.gif We'll see

Is this better?

user posted image

I have a brand name already for my cars, and that is Tempest RS.  And the name Carolina does suit the car.  colgate.gif We'll see

HELL,YEAH,NIGGA'!

Actually,I was thinking for it to look like something like this, or this.

user posted image