Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

      1. Events
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Crokey

Grumpy Old Forumers

Recommended Posts

darthYENIK

I’ve been here for over 17 years.  The last time I played GTAO someone half that age called me a cocksucker.

  • Like 4
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baserape

Traded in 10 or so Xbox 360 games at CEX.  Three of them being GTA IV, GTA V and RDR.  All games in mint condition.

 

£12.60

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WapitiWarrior1899

I have now a sever fobia of having a stroke,,, well basicly health anxiety, like scared of cancer, diabetes and heart attack too, but mostly scared of having stroke. Why? I dont know, iv never had a stroke and im young and healthy.

I watched youtube video like year/years ago about teen age girl that had a stroke after doing back flip and i have read about other young healthy people having stroke too just because they twisted their neck too hard or wrong way,,,, so yeah its prob been in my mind since that and this fobia got trickered after having panic attack. f*ck my life. I quess im going crazy now........

edit: forgot to mention i allready went to hospital last year in a f*cking ambulance because i thought i was having stroke and went through many tests..

I was feeling numb in right side of my face and body. I though im going to die but it was probably just panic attack and being tired after painting door with my RIGHT arm earlier that day..

Embarrassing.

Also had horrible nightmare last night about having stroke.

Edited by WapitiWarrior1899

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J-Scott-D
On 2/24/2020 at 4:36 PM, WapitiWarrior1899 said:

I have now a sever fobia of having a stroke,,, well basicly health anxiety, like scared of cancer, diabetes and heart attack too, but mostly scared of having stroke. Why? I dont know, iv never had a stroke and im young and healthy.

I watched youtube video like year/years ago about teen age girl that had a stroke after doing back flip and i have read about other young healthy people having stroke too just because they twisted their neck too hard or wrong way,,,, so yeah its prob been in my mind since that and this fobia got trickered after having panic attack. f*ck my life. I quess im going crazy now........

edit: forgot to mention i allready went to hospital last year in a f*cking ambulance because i thought i was having stroke and went through many tests..

I was feeling numb in right side of my face and body. I though im going to die but it was probably just panic attack and being tired after painting door with my RIGHT arm earlier that day..

Embarrassing.

Also had horrible nightmare last night about having stroke.

Damn, sounds like you have way too much stress. :(

 

Back in 2005, I had the symptoms of a stroke. Loss of balance, I could barely write, I couldn't type on a keyboard, couldn't safely drive. I ended up putting my Bullitt GT in a ditch at 40-45 MPH and gave up/went to a doctor.

 

He put me in a hospital for a week and they did test after test after test on me. Wiped out my life savings at the time (which wasn't much) and after being out of work for two months, my balance came back all on its own and life went back to normal.

 

I was in my mid 30's during that time. I way WAY too stressed/way too wound up over the little things. I was drinking 7-8 soft drinks a day, and there was no way that was helping me.

 

I lost my girlfriend while this was going on and I wondered later if she didn't try to kill me with anti-freeze. I saw an episode of Forensic Files where someone who had been killed with anti-freeze had the same symptoms I had. But who knows. I don't remember an opportunity for her to try it, but then again, I think I've lost a lot of memories. But that's another story.

 

The doctors never came up with a diagnosis. Not surprised, though. I have cut down on soft drinks and I'm down to 2 a day, max. I also changed my attitude. I realized that I can't save the world and the company that I still work for will not go out of business if I slow my ass down, which I have, lol.

 

This rambling probably isn't helping you, but it does remind me about my past and how I was convinced that I wouldn't live to see my 30th birthday. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WapitiWarrior1899
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, J-Scott-D said:

Damn, sounds like you have way too much stress. :(

 

Back in 2005, I had the symptoms of a stroke. Loss of balance, I could barely write, I couldn't type on a keyboard, couldn't safely drive. I ended up putting my Bullitt GT in a ditch at 40-45 MPH and gave up/went to a doctor.

 

He put me in a hospital for a week and they did test after test after test on me. Wiped out my life savings at the time (which wasn't much) and after being out of work for two months, my balance came back all on its own and life went back to normal.

 

I was in my mid 30's during that time. I way WAY too stressed/way too wound up over the little things. I was drinking 7-8 soft drinks a day, and there was no way that was helping me.

 

I lost my girlfriend while this was going on and I wondered later if she didn't try to kill me with anti-freeze. I saw an episode of Forensic Files where someone who had been killed with anti-freeze had the same symptoms I had. But who knows. I don't remember an opportunity for her to try it, but then again, I think I've lost a lot of memories. But that's another story.

 

The doctors never came up with a diagnosis. Not surprised, though. I have cut down on soft drinks and I'm down to 2 a day, max. I also changed my attitude. I realized that I can't save the world and the company that I still work for will not go out of business if I slow my ass down, which I have, lol.

 

This rambling probably isn't helping you, but it does remind me about my past and how I was convinced that I wouldn't live to see my 30th birthday. 

Yeah I know, ive been stressing way too much about many things for years and also ive had sleeping problems/insomnia most of my life (allthough ive been falling in to sleep really well lately since last week every night for some reason. Havent sleeped this well in ages).

 

Im actually having panic attack/anxiety right now. I was sitting front of laptop kind of like sittin top of my leg/or legs crossed long time and when i straightent my legs I had weird sensation in back of my neck,, and ofcourse my health anxious mind thought it was blood clot that shot from my leg to my head when i straightent my legs. Yeah ridiculous i know, but prob possible. I dont know, im not doctor and being health anxious its better not to google about it because it just makes imagination run more.

Probably was just muscle in back of my neck/head twitching and my imagination started flying. But again,,,,,: what if? My right side of body and face and right eye feels kind of numb. Maybe its just adrenaline and this panic and imagination, also my right side of neck and right shoulder has been hurting from lifting weights so maybe i just feel numb because of that.. But again my mind asks: what if?

This feeling sucks and being randomly full of adrenaline is just weird deadly shaky feeling.

 

My panic attacks might run in my family too though, since my mother and older sister also have had panick attacks in this same age mid twenties.

It all started last spring. Maybe and hopefully they go away as in most cases. 

But, i dont know... for some reason im just sure that im going to have stroke any day, maybe now. My mind is racing......

I wish i never heard about those stories of young people having strokes.... Probably wouldnt even think or know about it now.

 

 

Edited by WapitiWarrior1899

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mister Pink

What's up with the current trend of people saying stuff like "it's been a minute.." or, "I haven't seen you in a minute.." when they mean "It's a long time since.." or  "I haven't seen you in a long time."  It makes zero sense. I get idioms will be idioms but do we really need adopt new, really stupid ones? A minute being an absolute measure of time to the effect of 60's and you want to use that measurement to convey a long time. I don't see it as some nod to irony because it lacks subtext. It's just awful misuse of the English language in my books. 

 

Now, try this one. And it's not too far-fetched. I haven't heard it, but I bet someone used it. They said something like.. "It's been literally a minute since I've seen you."  I wouldn't put it past some dense half-wit to say something like that. Of course literally in this morons context means "very much so" and not actually 'literally.'

 

This is another one that pisses me off. Why have the bastardized "literally?." It was a great word when you wanted to convey something that was absolute and that whatever claim you were making, wasn't exaggeration for the sake of exaggeration and that it was literally true. "Literally" has now become the opposite of what the word was intended to be used for. It's just used to exaggerate/to exclaim or to emphasize a point. 

 

I get that meanings and language change. Doesn't mean I have to like it. And it's just strange how quickly the language can change now and certain words just lose their meaning. And I'm like.. "hey, I needed that word. That was pretty handy."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cameron Star

Was walking down the street today on a very narrow sidewalk in my town when there was two people up ahead talking with a very narrow gap between them. They saw me coming but didn't move so I decided to just bump past them since walking into traffic is not an alternative I want to try and one of them had the cheek to say "Watch where you're going." Like, wow.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mister Pink
18 hours ago, Cameron Star said:

Was walking down the street today on a very narrow sidewalk in my town when there was two people up ahead talking with a very narrow gap between them. They saw me coming but didn't move so I decided to just bump past them since walking into traffic is not an alternative I want to try and one of them had the cheek to say "Watch where you're going." Like, wow.

This boils my blood and actually happens a lot.  How hard is it to go single-file?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ned Bingham
On 2/24/2020 at 3:04 PM, Baserape said:

Traded in 10 or so Xbox 360 games at CEX.  Three of them being GTA IV, GTA V and RDR.  All games in mint condition.

I hope the £12.60 was enough to cover your bus fare there and back.

  • Like 2
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mister Pink
On 2/24/2020 at 3:04 PM, Baserape said:

Traded in 10 or so Xbox 360 games at CEX.  Three of them being GTA IV, GTA V and RDR.  All games in mint condition.

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

£12.60

 

 

 

I feel for you, I really do. And I've been there. Sold games I once cherished and paid top dollar for, only for some re-seller offering pittance. 

 

However, those games are 12, 7 and 10 years old. They're best sellers too, so they're not rare or anything. At that stage you ask yourself, are these games of more value to me than £12.60? If so, you know your answer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baserape
14 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

I feel for you, I really do. And I've been there. Sold games I once cherished and paid top dollar for, only for some re-seller offering pittance. 

 

However, those games are 12, 7 and 10 years old. They're best sellers too, so they're not rare or anything. At that stage you ask yourself, are these games of more value to me than £12.60? If so, you know your answer. 

Great games.  I've got GTAV and GTA IV digital.  The games I sold cost me nothing.  I used to buy joblots, sell the hardware to get my money back and keep the games.   I was surprised the 3 games mentioned are not worth £12.60 by themselves.   Trade in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spectre07

I wasted time trying to remove some logos with nail polish remover I bought from Walmart then I bought another from HEB and in seconds all was done and very clean... what the f*ck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LadyofSky

I will be here 7 years this November and I feel f*cking old. I've been through so many in just 7 years that I'm a complete different person now than I was back then. 

 

I did stupid stuff, I did good stuff, but above all, I feel old! Its crazy to think I was still struggling to figure out who I was as a person, struggling to find my place in life, struggling with depression, dealing with it the wrong way, still living with my parents. 

 

And I know 7 years isn't really that huge for some of you here, marking at 17 years and such, but I've never been on a community this long (they usually die off). 

 

I'm turning 26 in a couple of months, I'm about to live together with my boyfriend at the end of this year, and Im looking at getting a certificate for security next year. 

 

f*ck. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M22
On 3/3/2020 at 7:55 AM, Cameron Star said:

Was walking down the street today on a very narrow sidewalk in my town when there was two people up ahead talking with a very narrow gap between them. They saw me coming but didn't move so I decided to just bump past them since walking into traffic is not an alternative I want to try and one of them had the cheek to say "Watch where you're going." Like, wow.

With most people, I will wait until they reach me and not move.
Unless there is some purpose to why you need to take up the whole sidewalk, or you're elderly; I'm not moving.
So far, it has worked for most people; a death stare usually helps.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cameron Star
2 hours ago, M22 said:

With most people, I will wait until they reach me and not move.
Unless there is some purpose to why you need to take up the whole sidewalk, or you're elderly; I'm not moving.
So far, it has worked for most people; a death stare usually helps.

I'm not good at playing chicken (though I wish I did have more confidence to do that), but they weren't moving anyway and there was nowhere else for me to go so it was on them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

Welp I’m officially under quarantine as someone who was at the doctors office at the same time I was has tested positive for CV-19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baserape
6 hours ago, ṼirulenⱦEqừinox said:

Welp I’m officially under quarantine as someone who was at the doctors office at the same time I was has tested positive for CV-19

 

RIP

 

Some motherfluffer has bought all of my favourite noodles (only one shop stocks them here) so I have to buy something else until they get more stock.   Which could be a long time as they are imported from China!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cameron Star

People are buying out all the toilet paper and it's getting ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
2 hours ago, Cameron Star said:

People are buying out all the toilet paper and it's getting ridiculous.

I know my local Target shelves are empty and warehouse stores are ration of one pack of TP and 2 24 packs of water per customer but oddly enough the tower of 1 ply was left untouched but who wants to wipe with sandpaper and the funny thing is though people are treating this like the flu except having the runs isn’t even a symptom of CV-19 like you might get with the flu while atypical symptoms are runny nose, sore throat, cough, fever and possible difficulty breathing.

 

I have no need for water as we have a well nor for TP as we have a Bidet Attachment with it we’ve gone from using 1 1/2 packs a month to using less than a pack a month now as you only really need the TP to do a security wipe and dry off.

 

These morons spending hundreds on TP could’ve just bought the bidet attachment for $50 and used the money on things you actually need if you got sick like your medical bills

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottiedog123

@OscarMikeDetroit

 

Shame about the appreciation thread..

Yet lots of dumb mufkers can make all sorts of threads about all sorts of bollocks!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OscarMikeDetroit
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Scottiedog123 said:

@OscarMikeDetroit

 

Shame about the appreciation thread..

Yet lots of dumb mufkers can make all sorts of threads about all sorts of bollocks!

 

Posts like this are okay to post, ^^^

 

 

 

I guess they couldnt tell if i was being an asshat or genuine guy? I was offended to be honest... One for the accusation and one for the thread being locked, whatever I suppose.. 

 

@Scottiedog123 I politely asked for a copy of the rules stating where it says any info on how my post disobeyed the rules.. So we will seeeee.....

Edited by OscarMikeDetroit
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
make total destroy
On 3/1/2020 at 6:23 PM, Mister Pink said:

What's up with the current trend of people saying stuff like "it's been a minute.." or, "I haven't seen you in a minute.." when they mean "It's a long time since.." or  "I haven't seen you in a long time."  It makes zero sense. I get idioms will be idioms but do we really need adopt new, really stupid ones? A minute being an absolute measure of time to the effect of 60's and you want to use that measurement to convey a long time. I don't see it as some nod to irony because it lacks subtext. It's just awful misuse of the English language in my books. 

 

Now, try this one. And it's not too far-fetched. I haven't heard it, but I bet someone used it. They said something like.. "It's been literally a minute since I've seen you."  I wouldn't put it past some dense half-wit to say something like that. Of course literally in this morons context means "very much so" and not actually 'literally.'

 

This is another one that pisses me off. Why have the bastardized "literally?." It was a great word when you wanted to convey something that was absolute and that whatever claim you were making, wasn't exaggeration for the sake of exaggeration and that it was literally true. "Literally" has now become the opposite of what the word was intended to be used for. It's just used to exaggerate/to exclaim or to emphasize a point. 

 

I get that meanings and language change. Doesn't mean I have to like it. And it's just strange how quickly the language can change now and certain words just lose their meaning. And I'm like.. "hey, I needed that word. That was pretty handy."

it's been a minute since i've seen someone use 'literally' correctly. like, literally.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottiedog123
32 minutes ago, OscarMikeDetroit said:
39 minutes ago, Scottiedog123 said:

 

Posts like this are okay to post, ^^^

 

This is hilarious.. 😂😂😂😂

 

They powers that be should really look at how some of them behave.. I've had to do it.

 

Man in the mirror time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OscarMikeDetroit
26 minutes ago, Scottiedog123 said:

 

This is hilarious.. 😂😂😂😂

 

They powers that be should really look at how some of them behave.. I've had to do it.

 

Man in the mirror time.

Locked.jpg

3g89gq.jpg 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters

I mean if you’re so pissy about publicly not being able to give “props” then it makes me question whether or not your respect for them is genuine or just to keep up appearances/kiss ass

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottiedog123
Posted (edited)

No.. it's a genuine sentiment, and that's why it hurts.

 

Yeah we can all thank people individual and privately, but it's not just about that.. it's about also letting others know that there are good guys out there for the sake of the community and not everyone is sarcastic, impatient, or full on assholes.

Edited by Scottiedog123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trip
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OscarMikeDetroit said:

[...]

Best not to share private messages.  Honest.

 

Also folks;  it really is best to not have dedicated threads that talk about specific members.  Regardless of the sentiment.

 

If you want to appreciate specific members you can always support them come the annual awards.

Edited by trip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OscarMikeDetroit
1 hour ago, trip said:

Best not to share private messages.  Honest.

 

Also folks;  it really is best to not have dedicated threads that talk about specific members.  Regardless of the sentiment.

 

If you want to appreciate specific members you can always support them come the annual awards.

ok, so just to clear things up, there are no rules on anything I did so therefore I didn't break any rules?

 

and your statement/response back to me has not been professional more or less you sound like the type who likes to abuse his own power where he can.. The fact of the matter is all you can say is why your right.

 

Bottom line is what you say goes and no one can do anything about it because you have the word "staff" on your profile so it gives you the right to cause grief whether people agree to it or not? I just don't think it fair..

 

And why cant I share messages? Isn't it offending you that I posted your half ass "because I said so' statement for other people to see?

 

3 hours ago, universetwisters said:

I mean if you’re so pissy about publicly not being able to give “props” then it makes me question whether or not your respect for them is genuine or just to keep up appearances/kiss ass

 

Its not about being able to or not being able to, its I legitimately didn't do anything wrong for him to one accuse me of doing an "asshat" thing or breaking any rules... 

 

And no I am not "pissy" which isn't even a word by the way, I am in fact a little Grumpy, hence why I am posting in the grumpy section.. Unless this is frowned upon as well?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
21 minutes ago, OscarMikeDetroit said:

 

 

Its not about being able to or not being able to, its I legitimately didn't do anything wrong for him to one accuse me of doing an "asshat" thing or breaking any rules... 

 

And no I am not "pissy" which isn't even a word by the way, I am in fact a little Grumpy, hence why I am posting in the grumpy section.. Unless this is frowned upon as well?

 

 

 

 

Nah you can be grumpy all you like I’m just pointing out the fact that if you don’t think your affection can be viewed by all it might not be true affection, rather “hey guys look at how much I love these guys I’m so nice to them aren’t I?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OscarMikeDetroit
8 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

 

Nah you can be grumpy all you like I’m just pointing out the fact that if you don’t think your affection can be viewed by all it might not be true affection, rather “hey guys look at how much I love these guys I’m so nice to them aren’t I?”

Nah they are nice to me and everyone new or old should reach out to these guys if they need help doing something and they do a lot for others but has anyone of them took the time to say thank you? Also, there not just random dudes, there my friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.