1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Crokey

Grumpy Old Forumers

sreyazsec

I just got schooled.

Sad+Vlad+Hair+Of+Bear.jpg

AiraCobra

a Drone I had in my list to buy on Amazon is no longer for sale, eBay has a bunch of them but they're asking for $40 more than what Amazon was asking.

AiraCobra

Are people really so f*cking stupid that they shell out money to companies claiming to protect them from the "dark web?" I have never, in my entire life, seen such a f*cking bold faced scam.

People also shell out big money for wallets and purses that claim to have RFID protection when it's simply not needed but the media is full of fear mongering telling people that thieves can steal their credit card information by simply walking past them instead of actually taking time to see how these chips in our cards actually work.

The new credit/debit cards that have the chips in them aren't sending your personal infomation though the air like these RFID protection companies are trying to say they are, These cards have no batteries in them which is required for any device to send our a signal and without a battery a signal can't be sent.

So in order for a thief to steal your credit card information they would physically need to steal your card, swipe it and put it back without you knowing it which is unlikly

Panashe M. Sinclaire
Posted (edited)

So 50+ school shootings later, and now, all of a sudden, they want to add security and buzzer doors? Why didn't they do this after that Adam Lanza nut shot up all those kids that year? What? Because nobody f*cking cares? Aw man, that's f*cked up.

Yeah, I don't care. But it's pretty awesome how NOW President Cantaloupe wants to assault rifle this, that, ramble....

People don't want to do anything until it hits close to home. Take it how you want, see it how you want. I have no empathy, I don't live in Florida, and I don't care. Just sick of turning on the news to see more bullsh*t.

I'm moving on.

Edited by Lucius M. Galloway

trip
Posted (edited)

I honestly feel bad for you folks in school.

The main reason I have no kids is because I always felt that my child could never have as fun, carefree, and kidlike a childhood as I had. I had a blast. Running around in the 70's...dancing and having a good time in the 80s.

When I was a young adult I started to notice young kids being too concerned about things that young kids shouldn't be concerned about. Instead of focusing on having mindless fun they were coming home from kindergarten and being serious about how their parents were "killing the planet" because they didn't recycle(enough).

I didn't grow up in fancy happy land, but my entire school life we didn't even have bullies. We sure didn't have any shootings. We didn't have 'active shooter' drills. We didn't care about anything.

You young folk now seem to stress. And it seems warranted.

E:

Honest...the world makes me grumpy for the upcoming generation(s).

Edited by trip

AiraCobra

My school was the same way, We never had bullies everybody got along and even the "jocks" were nice to the "nerds" during my whole 12 years at my school district we only had ONE issue and it was between an ex boyfriend of a girl and her new boyfriend the ex slammed the new boyfriend head into a locker but that was the worse we had.

I lived in a safe community and I still live in a safe one now crime is low and we don't have to worry about our kids riding their bikes 5 blocks away to visit a friend or to the local gas station for a candy bar but as trip said I feel bad for my daughters and their generation and the generations to come and it all started with Columbine.

Even though School Shootings Isn't a New Thing they got back all the way to the 18th century but Columbine put it into the spotlight and from there on with all the media coverage and the cultlike following of those shooters they've become idols to those who have a grudge against their fellow classmates for whatever reason and feel the need to bring a gun to what should only mount to a fist fight.

I was gone of those parents who though, Nah it won't happen to my girls they don't have any problems at her school, no problem kids or anything and than it turned out to be one of those kids nobody suspected who targeted her school.

Speaking of School Shootings, I don't think this made it into national news but last week my daughter school was almost hit with a school shooting but the shooter changed his mind at the last minute and killed himself inside the bathroom instead.

Today the Police Chief came out and said the boy had a 22. Long Rifle with 80 rounds of ammunition and he planned on going on a rampage until he was out of bullet or he was killed whichever came first but luckily he changed his mind at the last minute after a student saw him with a gun and he went to tell a staff member but before they got to the bathroom he killed himself

https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/local/death-of-13-year-old-who-shot-himself-at-jackson-middle-school-ruled-a-suicide

http://www.indeonline.com/news/20180301/update-jackson-middle-school-shooting-ruled-suicide

46b07993146e3fc303524fba539d6451.png

B7R

^ Should've gone back to my High School back in the day. Fights and bashing were a weekly if not weekly then monthly thing at my High School. Cops were never called and the school would suspend both people regardless or who started it or who defended themselves.

High schools in my district are f*cked when it comes to bullying, so many times a lot of people get picked on and when they defend themselves the school punishes them too. It's like they want the victim to end up in Hospital because their so scared of someone sticking up for themselves. Now I've just thought of something in the last couple of seconds, these High school administrators are the same kind of people who would see a fight on the street between a villain and a victim and do nothing to break it up, either they'd walk off or be a bystander. If you can't help then don't be a bystander but call the police or get some help for the poor bugger for f*ck sake.

As for the gun-laws and why shootings here aren't as frequent as they are over in the US Of A, even our most crappiest Prime Minister smart fully outlawed guns many many years ago AFAIK. I'm not going to say tho that just because guns are outlawed here doesn't magically stop people from getting their hands on one. But it makes it hella a lot difficult for one to obtain it legally and chances are if someone sees you with one the cops already know about it but just haven't gotten around to catching up with you yet.

My starter school is located in a rough neighbourhood and the Druggie part of the suburb is only a few blocks away from the school. Had guns not been outlawed I believe a shooting would've definitely happened here a long time ago.

a little Off topic but the same starter school use to have a forest next to it and there was plans one time to open a pub right next door to the school. Thankfully that didn't go ahead and clean housing units were built there instead.

ten-a-penny

I dunno, I would 100% disagree that "whites" are the worst... in fact, statements like that just widen the divide.

For the record though, I'm talking about Supremacists themselves. Obviously every race (or, to be exact, community) has its sh*tty apples that makes everyone hate them. But if you're gonna compare them together, Whites were the worst. They started a World War dammit!

Luckily though these wannabe-tough heels are fading away and smarter ones are emerging. This goes for every Bigot, not just Supremacists. The sooner hatred and bigotry dies, the better this world will be.

AiraCobra

To be fair though, Hitler was more of less a White Supremacist really he was the one who believed that Blonde Hair, Blue Eyed whites were superior to any other whites, If you had brown hair and green eyes you were below him so to say that Whites as a race started World War II that would be a misguided theory.

Luckily though these wannabe-tough heels are fading away and smarter ones are emerging. This goes for every Bigot, not just Supremacists. The sooner hatred and bigotry dies, the better this world will be.

Sadly this isn't true at least in the U.S because there are new bigots and white supremacists born every day in the U.S and around the world really.

Hate, Racism & Bigotry is something that is taught to children and it stays with them as they grow up and have kids of their own who then pass their views and ideology to their kids and so on and so forth so unless we can round up all the kids being raised by those kind of people and try and teach them blacks, asians and latinos are all people with hearts than the hate will live on until the world ends

ARTHUR.

Sadly this isn't true at least in the U.S because there are new bigots and white supremacists born every day in the U.S and around the world really.

They're not born, they're moulded. All you need to do is cut them off at the supply.

Hmmm nice bike
Posted (edited)

They're not born, they're moulded. All you need to do is cut them off at the supply.

I kind of feel this way, too. I don't think people are born racist, but I do think that they can easily become racist young enough if their parents are massive racists or, like with anything, if they're exposed to any sort of propaganda. Not everybody who has racist parents becomes racist themselves I'm sure, but it doesn't help with most, and it's why I feel like it's unfortunately just gonna be an endless cycle at this point :/ Edited by Hmmm nice bike

AiraCobra

So did both of you simply not read the part where I said...

Hate, Racism & Bigotry is something that is taught to children and it stays with them as they grow up

and what I mean is by Born Racist is they are born to parents who are bigots with bigotry ideology

AKalashnikov

I honestly feel bad for you folks in school.

The main reason I have no kids is because I always felt that my child could never have as fun, carefree, and kidlike a childhood as I had. I had a blast. Running around in the 70's...dancing and having a good time in the 80s.

When I was a young adult I started to notice young kids being too concerned about things that young kids shouldn't be concerned about. Instead of focusing on having mindless fun they were coming home from kindergarten and being serious about how their parents were "killing the planet" because they didn't recycle(enough).

I didn't grow up in fancy happy land, but my entire school life we didn't even have bullies. We sure didn't have any shootings. We didn't have 'active shooter' drills. We didn't care about anything.

You young folk now seem to stress. And it seems warranted.

E:

Honest...the world makes me grumpy for the upcoming generation(s).

Same goes. I got the 9/11 drill, though. That was about it. It's a different world now, for sure. I'm very close with my old man who has the same attitude as you.

Panashe M. Sinclaire
Posted (edited)

So Microsoft has somehow found a way to f*ck up something that was originally working fine. They've spammed not only me, but everyone else that visits one drive on mobile with the "we have an app for this" message, every time you click on an image. Apps are f*cking cancer. They're either ad infested, taking away features and adding sh*ttier ones, or trying to make you pay to upgrade or whatever the bullsh*t these days. So the button to download images today was not working at all, it just left me with an infinite click fest until I decided to give up, and download them by computer. My total of pictures came to be 95 MB, sh*t I was going to upload to the forum. So it downloads as a zip, and from what I've experienced from zips, they're completely f*cking useless, other than being ghost space. So google tells me the only way I can move all this sh*t is by a link to google drive. I get the link, it gets the zip, and says they don't support the file.

So I'm forced to upload these f*cking things one by one, five by five, whatever, at snails pace, and we're talking over 30 images too. Like....for their technology to come so far, it's so f*cking stupid that there's still no select all feature ( at least not visible). It's stupid how people still f*ck up the little things. Imgur forced the app on to people, pinterest did ( only app worth downloading), quora did, and now one drive? I don't care that much for a storage place to where I want it the app my phone. I'm not even mad that I spent an entire day making outfits and snapping pictures, and now I can't even download them after uploading them. I'm not mad at all. I'm just disappointed, not even sure at who, or for what, just overwhelmed with this feeling of f*cking nothingness.

Edited by Lucius M. Galloway

AiraCobra
Posted (edited)

I don't know what OneDrive app you're using but the one I use doesn't give me any app recommendations the only thing they did was ask me if I wanted to upgrade to premium I selected Stay Basic and I wasn't prompted about it again.

Proof I can upload more than one picture at a non-snail pace and not prompted to download anything during upload or when I click on a picture

Sounds like you have a trojan or something on your phone messing with your apps this happens when you're not careful on the browser and clicking random sh*t and also installing non-protected third party apps

imgur & Quora didn't force anything on me, I still use the Imgur website to upload my pictures and use Chrome on my phone to browse Quora.

With Imgur you simply need to click the X and you can upload all the pictures you want simple as that

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

Slamman
Posted (edited)

I skipped the third Acknowledge this Warning B-4 U can post. I know I personally stepped on too many toes.

I didn't expect to do any more specific GTA foruming, I was DAMN grumpy about that, since I took issue with the issues that were not fair, I feel.

I'm not back to harp on water well under the bridge. So, my posted gripe is MTV, Viacom, VH aka Video Hits for elders.... Adult Contemporary Classic Rock or yes, 80s music videos you're hearing er, seeing still today.

Getting into more the Music section realm, I wanted to point out YouTube is almost a defacto alternative to lack of USA musical media outlets, and on there, and XM Sat radio, long time NYC DJ Eddie Trunk took a call to reiterate his knowledge about Viacom's controlling interesting saying NO to That Metal Show being carried on and renewed as soon as it started to take off, like it hadn't been an obvious hit for some time. According to Eddie Trunk, Viacom opted to pay nothing or next to that for any original programming, OR New videos apparently.

I'm still MAD as HELL about that, more so than the failing of my fledgling GTA outlet GTAChronicles we ran with Trip Mill's help since day one, 2012 or 2011 thereabouts, so long ago it seems now

Lost financial backing during the horrible 10 year recession... Lots of competing members who propagated in-fighting rather then talk serious gaming issues.

Need to edit that sig, Auto restored by staff, I'm hardly the Marvel Universe fan.... but I still wish Kevin Smith well health going forward

Edited by Slamman

Mr. Scratch

It's all water under the fridge, bud. Good to have you back.

sreyazsec

You don't have to be 'taught' to become a racist, that's not the only reason.

Circumstances come into play, if you have continuous awful experiences with one race throughout your entire life, you may unintentionally develop an issue with those people without even realising it.

I guess if you realise you've done that, you can either make a choice to change your views and accept sh*t happens OR you can just carry on despising a whole race on the actions of a few.

I don't think people take that into consideration.

AlienTwo

You don't have to be 'taught' to become a racist, that's not the only reason.

Circumstances come into play, if you have continuous awful experiences with one race throughout your entire life, you may unintentionally develop an issue with those people without even realising it.

I guess if you realise you've done that, you can either make a choice to change your views and accept sh*t happens OR you can just carry on despising a whole race on the actions of a few.

I don't think people take that into consideration.

2 things, 1 your avatar keeps getting more and more difficult to look at

and 2, it actually takes a LOT of work to not harbor deep-seated prejudices about a type of people you don't often encounter, and even more if you keep running into the stereotypes when you do encounter them. It's just our biological humanity asserting itself, unfortunately.

Voodoo

I'm not back to harp on water well under the bridge.

Welcome back, buddy :^:

Slamman

Well, was expecting some 'reach out' on my 50th. Over the Hill old man that I am now. I repeatedly posted long ago, near on ten years prior.. I believe, I've seen the complete dawn of Video Gaming and Home Computers, and I still try and stay on top of the Intel and AMD advances... I figure at some point I'll be affording them, though many argue Ryzen is an affordable PC build nowadays.

Nice to see AMD step back into challenging Intel.

As far as grumpy things, lost all my keys when the snow started about a month back, hasn't stopped falling since, give or take. Winter Storm Warning even today into tomorrow!

Blaze

THE MAN THE MYTH THE LEGEND

Purevil

What's wrong with cats? They sh*t everywhere and kill the local wildlife for kicks. I found a dead pigeon and two rabbits killed last week, murdered by domestic(?) pets.

It's time owners took responsibility for their pets. If a dog entered a field full of livestock the land owner has every right to blast it to the dog cage in the sky. I believe home owners should be given the same rights.

mr quick

Cats just don't give a f*ck, guy

Neptune Homme

I have four cats and I eat everything they kill. It's just good home economics.

sreyazsec
Posted (edited)

What's wrong with cats? They sh*t everywhere and kill the local wildlife for kicks. I found a dead pigeon and two rabbits killed last week, murdered by domestic(?) pets.

It's time owners took responsibility for their pets. If a dog entered a field full of livestock the land owner has every right to blast it to the dog cage in the sky. I believe home owners should be given the same rights.

Pigeons can be killed by a large number of different creatures (do you get equally as mad if a fox has killed one, or a bloody car? Did you examine the corpse to determine the culprit?) and if you're telling me these rabbits are pets themselves, then where the f*ck did THEIR owner leave them? They must've been left unprotected if a single cat found them and killed them.

If the cat isn't coming into your house and attacking your sleeping pets and children, get the f*ck over it.

Edited by ceszayers

trip
Posted (edited)

Yeah! I'm with you ces...or whatever they call you.

Cats killing rabbits is kind of uncommon. That's more a dog thing.

E:

For the record...f*ck all of you who don't take proper care of your pets. Be responsible for your cats. Be responsible for your dogs. :)

Edited by trip

AlienTwo

Pigeons and rabbits are def endangered...

Blaze

dogs > cats

sreyazsec

me > you