Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,792 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Crokey

Grumpy Old Forumers

Raavi

Tell me, would you be happy living in a world where everyone thought like that?

There would be no room in the world for any beauty any more. No more artists, no more magicians, no more musicians, nothing. It would just be a dull, routine existence with complete predictability and monotony.

I'd rather die tbh.

Being a rational individual who bases their views in fact rather than goes off what they "feel" things to be like, doesn't preclude them for also liking music and art though.

Besides, It's not really a concern to me personally how anyone "thinks", as long as our national and international policy decisions are grounded in fact, reason and science - I'm good.

∴

I know this is the grumpy topic, and occasionally we might make each other grumpy, but the simple method here is just ignore anyone you don't want to talk to. The only reason you'll ever be engaged back is by replying, so if you just go about your business moaning about the usual things like the weather, politics and the amount of chicken nuggets you get in a standard box things will feel easier. This is supposed to be a topic to get things off your chest, not make passive aggressive retorts that give new meaning to "getting the last word in".

We have a Debates & Discussion forum for the more hardcore opinion flinging. If you're got the chops and you want to put your money where your mouth is, feel free to go there and lay out your well-thought-opinion table. Otherwise, keep petty squabbles to yourself or at worst, sort it out over PM. I'm not talking to anybody in particular, but things have been getting increasingly hostile between people and there's no need.

anus

Tell me, would you be happy living in a world where everyone thought like that?

There would be no room in the world for any beauty any more. No more artists, no more magicians, no more musicians, nothing. It would just be a dull, routine existence with complete predictability and monotony.

I'd rather die tbh.

Being a rational individual who bases their views in fact rather than goes off what they "feel" things to be like, doesn't preclude them for also liking music and art though.

Besides, It's not really a concern to me personally how anyone "thinks", as long as our national and international policy decisions are grounded in fact, reason and science - I'm good.

I get what you're saying, but I feel like you get where I'm coming from too. S'all good.

sivispacem

There would be no room in the world for any beauty any more.

Much like everything else you seem to post on this forum, total drivel. Embracing logic, reason and empirical evidence when it comes to discussions of political, economic and social policy doesn't magically make you a troglodyte. Nice ad hominem, though.

No more artists

*Looks at all the original artworks on the walls of his house*

no more magicians

*Remembers that, give or take a couple of hours I was watching a very impressive illusionist exactly a week ago*

no more musicians

*checks how active I am in the music subforum*

It would just be a dull, routine existence with complete predictability and monotony.

The only thing "dull" and "monotonous" is the endless procession of ignorant bollocks you insist on vomiting across the forum.

anus

Funny thing is, your response illustrates my point perfectly. The thing is, you're just you. I don't personally dislike you or anything, it's just that you don't see (or care) how you may be viewed in the eyes of people who don't function on a purely rational level like yourself.

S'all good though man, you do you.

Blaze

make total destroy

there's no magicians under communism

DOUGL4S1

I don't personally dislike you or anything, it's just that you don't see (or care) how you may be viewed in the eyes of people who don't function on a purely rational level like yourself.

Even tho you said you'd avoid people like sivis IRL.

Edited by DOUGL4S1

anus

I don't personally dislike you or anything, it's just that you don't see (or care) how you may be viewed in the eyes of people who don't function on a purely rational level like yourself.

Even tho you said you'd avoid people like sivis IRL.

I avoid them not because they're bad people, but because we don't jive and experience has taught me that trying to build a relationship is just going a be a waste of time for both people because we're just very different people. I don't think anyone who disagrees with me or has a different view is a bad person.

Edited by anubis.

ten-a-penny

Christ, The True Arena from Kirby: Super Star Ultra is F*CKING HARD on the phone.

The past month or so I saw a Facebook post of a good Emulator for Smart Phones. Used it, then remembered Kirby: Super Star Ultra (a game that I was addicted to a decade ago). Downloaded it, had a good run (after getting familiar with the game, obv a DS game won't be the same on a sh*t phone). Unlocked the final "game", The True Arena. You get to fight 10 enemies, but you barely have any sort of health powerup - only 5 sh*tty tomatoes. Had a decent run - didn't get hit until the 5th level. As soon as I reached the Final Four, all Hell broke loose. I can't pass the 8th round for the life of me.

Man, this game is HARD. I won't be able to pass this game unless I get it on the Nintendo DS again. Ugh.

Anti-Complaint: Now Masked DeDeDe's OST is stuck in my head. Not sure if I should be happy or not, whatever.

Anti-Complain MK I: I actually got a medal after begging like a bitch?! YESSSS!

make total destroy

i wanna relapse so hard right now lol

Mr. Scratch

I'd ban all of you on the spot tbh.

anus

Any of you dudes here black?

I'm getting really tired of cops deciding to suddenly 'hover' around me whenever I go somewhere, especially at night. I'm not even black (but am hella dark skinned) and apparently white cops here in Melbourne think that non-white = criminal. f*cking sucks man. I've seen black dudes literally followed and 'watched' from a distance and they're just f*ckING WAITING FOR THE BUS.

Was heading home from work a little while ago and had these cops in a patrol car slow down and stare at me for a while and follow me up until I stopped and asked them what's up. Dude goes 'you heading home or?'. WHAT THE f*ck DOES IT MATTER TO YOU WHERE THE f*ck I'M HEADING MOTHERf*ckER. I just finished a f*cking 7 hour shift on a Saturday night, got drenched numerous times in the INSANE rain going on in Melbourne atm, spent TWO HOURS TRAVELLING HOME because the trains are all f*cked and you're tryna f*ck with me while you're nice and cosy in your patrol car? Hell there wasn't even anyone around me.. I'M JUST WALKING HOME and I was like one house from mine when they decided to BE GOOD POLICE AND QUESTION A 'SUSPECT'.

Before that I was at a train station and these 'train station cops' (kinda like mall cops) follow this black dude from the station all the way to the bus stops. Watch him from a distance until the dude literally just went as far away as possible. Then they f*cking stare at me up until I get into the bus and take a seat.

Seriously, f*ck THE POLICE. I feel your pain black dudes. I really do. Most of 'em are f*cking pussies if you take the guns and authority away from them.

Edited by anubis.

Not A Nice Person

Ssh some people in this forum might get you in trouble for crying about it.

anus

Good thing I listened to my man Chris Rock and didn't do this

Once a Jolly Swagman

Adores Trump but hates racial profiling, the irony.

Lucius M. Galloway

Remember back when you paid $60 for a full game? Remember how the rest of the story wasn't locked behind a paywall, or 10/29 outfits were only available by buying the DLC, or the $100 overpriced deluxe version of the game exclusively at some store that'll be obsolete in the next 10 years? Remember when everything in game was actually free, and you didn't have to pay to win?

Oh you don't? That's because we're now in 2030, and every game developer is a greedy sack of sh*t that needs to be scalped. Excuse my anger, when I was a kid, my step dad bought me Destroy All Humans, $60 f*cking dollars, every weapon in the game was accessible and free, the entire story was there, the world was finished, no icons were hidden for the sake of you spending virtual money that can only be bought to reveal what shouldn't have been hidden in the first place.

If someone from the future would have told me in 2006 that videogames were going to be the new mobile gaming, I would have told them to go jump on to a bed of Legos. This sh*t right here bro, is sad. And I was looking forward to playing games with my son or daughter one day, but that sh*t will be ruined when they ask me if they can buy the $9.99 pack of reskinned Mario Karts. On the real though, videogames is the only place the world's hell bent and bat sh*t crazy hasn't invaded. I don't have to worry about if my character feels like a helicopter today, and then a bicycle the next day. I don't have to worry about imaginary sh*t, and force fed propaganda.

No, the only thing I have to worry about is the last free thing that is losing its value as we speak. In a world where it cost money to do everything but breathe, these f*cking capitalists have decided that videogames are just a cash grab. They've always been a cash grab, but way before 2012, the developers cared about what the f*ck they created, if they didn't, it would instantly become a mobile game with micro transactions everywhere. When you're indie and you're looking for extra support, that's all good, you're honest about your efforts, and you're depending on your fans.

When you're triple A and the only thing that matters to you is big f*cking bucks, you can go find the nearest window to jump out of. The f*ck has happened to the industry? And don't even get me started on you spineless f*cktard pussies, "you don't have to buy it," "don't buy it then, problem solved" you can't even call yourself a gamer, so miss me with that sh*t. You're just another sucker ass buster like the rest of these ducks. People who actually condone it from triple A....really want to see more of it in the future and these assholes will not stop. Which kills me because Ubisoft makes the best time period games, but they can not for the life of them, do so without digging into the consumer's pockets anymore.

I just...I'm just a boy that loves videogames, grew up on videogames, and to see the fate of them getting worse and not better is going to turn thus pastime into a past life

Edited by Lucius M. Galloway

trip

Holy f*ck it's cold outside. I need this winter to end and we are pretty much only half way into it.

2 days ago it was warm... Like really warm to the point where in was able to take advantage and do a rare winter cleaning of the pond filter.

That was 2 days ago. I had no problems having my hands in water or anything.

I just took this.

Star-Lord

@trip - you ain't kidding. Worst winter in a long time. Brutal.

As cold as it is, add a cronic toothache to that and you can imagine the pain n suffering I'm going through. Don't wish it on anyone.

ten-a-penny

Power Outage. A-FCKING-GAIN. When will this sh*t ends?

And OF COURSE, when there's a blackout, the 'net will be slower. Ugh.

Lucius M. Galloway

Got a problem with streaming. Long story short, my sister has gotten Netflix, and the cable bill for my moms is getting higher and higher. No telling what sh*t Pai's idiot decision is going to do now. So I did not renew my gold membership, but I still use the internet to download mods on Fallout 4. Now that the premium channels have been gotten rid of, there is literally no point in having cable anyway, so my sister is trying to steer my mom towards streaming, and me too. I am the only one concerned with slow ass doo doo internet, they aren't. So when they wonder why sh*t isn't working, and keeps buffering and freezing, I'm the only one with the answer but they don't want to listen.

I am not a streamer, I f*cking hate it. I don't stream music, I don't stream movies, I don't stream TV shows. That means I need separate WiFi if I plan to play online once again. Netflix is ruining that.

Edited by Lucius M. Galloway

Not A Nice Person

When someone indirects you but you don't care at all. :p

AiraCobra

I'm getting beyond the point where I can nearly walk the pain is so bad, I've been to the ED three times in the last week and they are t even trying to figure out why.

Just gave me a,shot of pain meds and said 7adios and see your doctor.

I have and she keeps sending me downstairs to the ED, I've been. Here since 4 30pm it's now 12 30am

Canofceleri

There's blood in my stool and my breath smells like shredded pig ass.

Star-Lord

^ I had blood in my stool before and it turned out that it was constipation. The pig breath...hell you got me there.

FukNRekd

My dogs breath always smells like ass and dead things.

Of course he's always licking his ass and as a labradork he LOVES to have dead things in his mouth.

By the way, any of you freaks that lets your dog lick you (especially the mouth-lickers) you are, for all intents and purposes, rubbing and/or tounging your dog's ass/weiner.

Yuk.

Edited by FukNRekd

DOUGL4S1

My dogs breath always smells like ass and dead things.

AiraCobra

Some have it worse than others. Being in So Cal this usually isn't an issue for me. But that almost changed today.

My day was just about ruined because of the cold.... yup, that's right, the honey for my tea was too thick and wouldn't pour. Had to set it in the sun for 15 minutes to thin it. My tea almost got cold waiting.

Whew! That was close. Crisis averted.

I hope the rest of you are as fortunate as me.

Yet here in Ohio, I have a foot and half of snow in my front yard with another foot or so coming this weekend, Schools remained open and the world didn't end

Also putting the honey in the microwave for 15 seconds will warm it up enough to use

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

Mr. Scratch

Gastroenteritis sucks.