Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,897 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Crokey

Grumpy Old Forumers

ten-a-penny

Now for an actual complaint:

The V section is killing me when it comes to discussing cars. It seems every 12 year old (obviously there's a lot of them) thinks that if a car doesn't perform well in one of those stupid ass GTA Online races, then it sucks and is a bad car. That kind of idiotic metality is what led to that game have dull driving mechanics in the first place.

I'd rather Handling + Design > Speed anyday all day. Why do you think I have the nemesis? ;)

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

I was at a pawn shop and they had a Taurus PT25 with the magazine in it backwards. That really bugged me.

Flachbau

I feel like some people in this section have become as stupid as the ones in the V/Online section.

gtamann123

They know what they were in for when they applied for the job. If not then they're idiots. Working at a fast food restaurant shouldn't be the type of job that puts food on the table. And judging by the poor, sh*tty service they've given me, they deserve the low pay. I couldn't see them getting paid any higher.

Uhm, why the f*ck not?

"People who work in McDonalds are not allowed to survive lol"

^That's what you sound like.

It's simple economics. Workers who provide minimal value to their employers receive minimal amounts of compensation. In this case minimum wage or a couple cents above in order to keep them happy. Labor at McDonald's/Burger King/Taco Bell etc. isn't particularly skilled and anyone and everyone can do it after only a few hours of training so therefore there isn't a demand for this type of labor. Whereas on the other hand Doctor's, Skilled Engineers, Skilled Business people, Skillful traders and bankers etc. Are highly paid because their labor not only provides a good return for their employer but also requires years of training and acquired skill in most cases. If the McDonald's employees decided to walk out to demand higher wages then the manager could just drive down to the nearest Home Depot and find his new workforce all lined up out front eager to work. And the simple fact I stated above that the vast majority of fast food establishments or Franchisee owned and barely scrap by with minimal amounts of profit each quarter so paying each worker substantially more would put virtually the entire industry out of business leaving the employees pretty much SOL and Wal-Mart flooded with job applications. Change within the system is impossible not simply because the rich are greedy but because the economics aren't there

And that's the way it will be until you and your buddies round up the fighting force and start the communist revolution and free the proletariat of their chains. When is that going to start again? I seemed to have missed the memo that detailed the start date.

Edited by gtamann123

lil weasel

I went to the interview on Monday and the guy said the hiring manager who has to do all of the paperwork and make sure I check out with the background check and other paperwork is out of town on vacation and won't be back until Saturday at the earliest meaning

My sonny jim, that is "HR speak" meaning, "You look like a trouble maker so instead of saying you don't get the job, I am going to put you off until I'm safe."

gtamann123

I went to the interview on Monday and the guy said the hiring manager who has to do all of the paperwork and make sure I check out with the background check and other paperwork is out of town on vacation and won't be back until Saturday at the earliest meaning

My sonny jim, that is "HR speak" meaning, "You look like a trouble maker so instead of saying you don't get the job, I am going to put you off until I'm safe."

Possibly. If that's the case then f*ck em :p

Pyrrhic

In November, NOFX are coming to Australia and playing three gigs at two different venues in Melbourne, my nearest city.

Someone decided to make all three concerts over 18 events.

So f*cking pissed off. I don't know wether to be super f*cking mad or super f*cking sad. Worst thing is by the time of the concerts I will actually be 17.

kill myself

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

Invest in a fake ID.

ten-a-penny

Apparently school here will start at 31 August.

This didn't happen even at Gaddafi's time. School always started around late September or at the beginning of October. never at August.

Though one thing came to mind when I heard about it yesterday......

"RUBBERBAND DERBIES!!!!"

RedDagger

I feel like some people in this section have become as stupid as the ones in the V/Online section.

Looking at the last page of a topic and seeing that most, if not all, of the posts are tripe.

As in, when people make bad posts at least they put effort into them. But these...

ten-a-penny

GTAF related:

Wny almost nobody follows the rules at least a little? In the past double posting can get you temp. banned, led-by's actually lock bumped threads (Unless you posted something contributing for the thread) and flame wars, at least in the GTA:SA second hardly ever happen. Right after GTAV's release as if you took this forum and placed another that has 0 moderation in its place. Just seriously. Allot of threads in the GTA:O section gets bumped on a regular basis and nobody care, you can quadruple post with 0 problems, flame wars are like saying "Hello/Welcome/Goodbye/etc".

non-GTAF related:

The f*cking shootouts are everywhere. Seriously if all this happens around the airport, and we can hear it even though our house is far away from the troubled areas, how would it like for those who live nearby? In the morning around 09:00 there was huge explosions that made me think the gas tanks were exploded but I already mentioned that before. Good job f*cking destroying our country c*ntwad, f*cking sh*t-eating, dick-sucking f*cktards. Real done. Thank you idiots.

 dice

Report the troublesome posts and you'll make GTAF a better place

ten-a-penny

Report the troublesome posts and you'll make GTAF a better place

Good luck with that when 80-90% of posts are like that.

Andreaz1

Complaining about it is the only way you can make sure nothing gets done about it. The mods can't do anything about it unless they see it in the first place and if what you are saying is true then locking would seem like a no-brainer.

ten-a-penny

Slightly off-topic, but am I imagining or the badges/awards pop-ups are different? I just hovered over your award under your profile and a different pop-up appeared instead of the normal one that used to in the past.

Dottie

I got 1 week banned on Real racing 3. It may or may not have something to do with me having $200 mil and 200 k in gold coins :). Back to the quintuple posting, it's kind of annoying if the poster doesn't request for the extras to get deleted. I've accidentally double posted (mobile device), but I request for the extra to get deleted

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Rotten Tomatoes is a piece of sh*t. I'm watching Sharknado right now, terrible, and this is what Rotten Tomatoes gave it - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sharknado_2013/

But when a quality movie comes out these dumb f*cks give it a 57% or a 33% or something overly harsh.

Mr. House

They know what they were in for when they applied for the job. If not then they're idiots. Working at a fast food restaurant shouldn't be the type of job that puts food on the table. And judging by the poor, sh*tty service they've given me, they deserve the low pay. I couldn't see them getting paid any higher.

Uhm, why the f*ck not?

It's simple economics. Workers who provide minimal value to their employers receive minimal amounts of compensation. In this case minimum wage or a couple cents above in order to keep them happy. Labor at McDonald's/Burger King/Taco Bell etc. isn't particularly skilled and anyone and everyone can do it after only a few hours of training so therefore there isn't a demand for this type of labor. Whereas on the other hand Doctor's, Skilled Engineers, Skilled Business people, Skillful traders and bankers etc. Are highly paid because their labor not only provides a good return for their employer but also requires years of training and acquired skill in most cases. If the McDonald's employees decided to walk out to demand higher wages then the manager could just drive down to the nearest Home Depot and find his new workforce all lined up out front eager to work. And the simple fact I stated above that the vast majority of fast food establishments or Franchisee owned and barely scrap by with minimal amounts of profit each quarter so paying each worker substantially more would put virtually the entire industry out of business leaving the employees pretty much SOL and Wal-Mart flooded with job applications. Change within the system is impossible not simply because the rich are greedy but because the economics aren't there

And that's the way it will be until you and your buddies round up the fighting force and start the communist revolution and free the proletariat of their chains. When is that going to start again? I seemed to have missed the memo that detailed the start date.

Really, please stop acting like you know what you're talking about. Especially with the condescending attitude. You've shown a severe inability to grasp simple concepts and while I'm thrilled for you that you've managed to copy a high school level explanation of economics, you seriously have no right to talk down to anyone. Even chunkyman showed a higher level of understanding than you do.

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

It would be nice if Lowe's would expand the size of their parking spaces. Every time I go there, I can barely squeeze into a spot because the asshole next to me can't park his truck correctly. There is enough room in each space for a truck to fit in, but you have to remember that Lowe's primary customer base is inbred rednecks who drive and park like assholes.

universetwisters

It would be nice if Lowe's would expand the size of their parking spaces. Every time I go there, I can barely squeeze into a spot because the asshole next to me can't park his truck correctly. There is enough room in each space for a truck to fit in, but you have to remember that Lowe's primary customer base is inbred rednecks who drive and park like assholes.

I'm a Home Depot shopper so eat it.

But really though, my dad would take me to Home Depot all the time because he had to go there all the time for his job, what with him being a carpenter and all. Anyway, he would always park in the far end of the parking lot because you'd never have to deal with other people parking. Is it far out? Sure. Do we live in an age where shopping carts exist that are retrieved on a daily basis and where a walk across a parking lot would do us some good? Yes.

lil weasel

Working at a fast food restaurant shouldn't be the type of job that puts food on the table. And judging by the poor, service they've given me, they deserve the low pay. I couldn't see them getting paid any higher.

Reads to me like you are one of those uppity customers who radiates a superior existence as you demean the servants. Which is then reflected by those people back at you in poor service.

I remember a "business" woman demeaning the clerks at a video store because her unreasonable demands for service were out of the hands of the clarks, her parting remark was, "I don't have anymore time to waste on you, I Have a real job to get back to!"

Edited by lil weasel

gtamann123

Uhm, why the f*ck not?

Really, please stop acting like you know what you're talking about. Especially with the condescending attitude. You've shown a severe inability to grasp simple concepts and while I'm thrilled for you that you've managed to copy a high school level explanation of economics, you seriously have no right to talk down to anyone. Even chunkyman showed a higher level of understanding than you do.

You don't appear to grasp anything either. All of your arguments on how unregulated communism could feasibly work are simple jabs at me "u think peeps wuld hoard end tablz so ur dum and ur wurdz mean nutin" I have yet to hear any real feasible argument from you,SPND,Melchior or anyone else on how global Anarchist Communism could feasibly work. If you would simply take the time to write a detailed response or direct me to a resource that would actually provide an explanation in realistic terms and not unrealistic fantasy terms then maybe I will grasp a greater understanding. You never actually bring up any points or make any arguments. You just make personal jabs at people. Or say "You need to do some reading on the subject" and then post a link to Wikipedia which isn't the same as making any kind of argument or making a point.

The reason no one takes Communist ideas seriously is because no one seems to be able to provide any realistic proposals or ideas and instead just make appeals to emotion and unrealistic fantasy.

Or if you could just explain to me how paying a 16 year old who flips burgers at BK part time after school the same wage as a skilled construction worker makes any sense. Or how paying fast food workers $15/hr is at all economically feasible. Or explain how I "Have no idea what I'm talking about" That would be great.

Edited by gtamann123

GunWrath

Man, if burger flippers made the same wage as I do in the construction field, I'd become a Canadian.

Edited by GunWrath

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Working at a fast food restaurant shouldn't be the type of job that puts food on the table. And judging by the poor, service they've given me, they deserve the low pay. I couldn't see them getting paid any higher.

Reads to me like you are one of those uppity customers who radiates a superior existence as you demean the servants.

Reads to me like you don't even know what you're talking about. But then again you're lil weasel so that's no surprise. :pp

Ai®a©ob®a

You're a complete moron even for a kid your still a moron...

Do you know how many people who work in Fast Food places work there to feed, clothes their familes and pay the bills simply because nobody else is hiring or for whatever reason?

Right now your mommy and daddy put the food on the table but one day you are going to be on your own and when you are i hope you feel as desperate as these people do to have to decided to work at a fast food place.

Do you think it's their first choice? Of course not but whatever puts money in their pocket to feed their kids that's what any good parent would do.

Hell i have two collage degrees, It's not beneath me if i had to i would work at McDonald to make sure my girls didn't go hungry whatever i had to do i would do even if they meant stealing bread but working at McDonald wouldn't pay me much but it would pay me enough.

GunWrath

Hell i have two collage degrees, It's not beneath me if i had to i would work at McDonald to make sure my girls didn't go hungry whatever i had to do i would do even if they meant stealing bread but working at McDonald wouldn't pay me much but it would pay me enough.

two what?

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

Hell i have two collage degrees

Did you go to Devry?

gtamann123

It frustrates me I don't have any television service because I would really like to watch the Little League World Series. I guess I could watch it online and possibly stream it through ESPN but I really hate watching sh*t on my computer because I don't have speakers.

Gnocchi Flip Flops
Hell i have two collage degrees

I'd like you know where you went to college. :sigh:

GunWrath

University of San Andreas from the looks of it.