3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Crokey

Grumpy Old Forumers

RoadRunner71

It gets me on my f*cking nerves the amount of idiots who upload covers to youtube and name them after the original (usually from songs that are rare to find). I don't want to hear your stinky cover, I want to hear the original, you worthless idiot.

It also f*cking piss me off how youtube deletes and mutes most of Bob Dylan's songs...

Forty

It gets me on my f*cking nerves the amount of idiots who upload covers to youtube and name them after the original (usually from songs that are rare to find). I don't want to hear your stinky cover, I want to hear the original, you worthless idiot.

I can't stand this. They probably do it to get clicks, but I make sure to thumbs down any bullsh*t like that. Label your sh*t accurately.

iiGh0STt

My computer keeps beeping.

how do I move this pointer?

Audiophile

Prayer circle for me.

I have followed up with someone responsible for intakes at a legal clinic regarding a field placement opportunity.

Waiting for a response now if there's a position opening up in May for me. Last spoke to her in January and she said to contact her by mid-April to see if she will indeed have an opening for me in May. I hope it's not too early to get back to her now but I have 7 weeks left to find a placement.

Srs prayer circles my way, guys.

Dat feel when sent this formal email, spent so long editing it and then forgot to attach my goddamn updated resume so had to email her again minutes later just to say I apologize since I forgot to attach the resume and it is now attached.

0/10 would not hire.

Edited by Audiophile

universetwisters

It also f*cking piss me off how youtube deletes and mutes most of Bob Dylan's songs...

It's even worse when you try to look up Supertramp songs.

Shah Sam

I'm not a special member anymore. I feel worthless.

universetwisters

I agree. I now feel icky and yucky alongside the "normies".

RoadRunner71

Now you are a normal member again, we, the peasants, hate you. You are a product of the devil. You are no longer welcome. You should leave and find some Egyptian-born Spanish dude with Scottish accent who will teach you use the power you don't know you have until only one remain.

universetwisters

So my mom's drinking again and she's yelling at her boyfriend and from my room, I can hear them yelling about "police" and "coming" and "over here".

If my mom gets arrested again, I'm going to take her truck, drive through the front doors of Walmart, and see how long I can go before her truck gives out. I will then light myself on fire and sing "Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty until I burn to a crisp.

Frank Brown

So my mom's drinking again and she's yelling at her boyfriend and from my room, I can hear them yelling about "police" and "coming" and "over here".

If my mom gets arrested again, I'm going to take her truck, drive through the front doors of Walmart, and see how long I can go before her truck gives out. I will then light myself on fire and sing "Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty until I burn to a crisp.

Upload it to YouTube, please. You can't let a good opportunity like that go to waste.

universetwisters

Upload it to YouTube, please. You can't let a good opportunity like that go to waste.

When the cops show up?

I don't see why I can't. Hell, may as well monetize it, get some extra spending money for my 18th birthday, which I'm sure as balls won't be inviting her to. So basically, it's just me and my cat celebrating my birthday. Maybe I can try to invite whoever's delivering the Chinese food to party with me, but it won't be much of a party. We'll just be looking at my trains while we drink soda pop and listen to some Joni Mitchell on my record player.

trip

@UT - 50 bonus points for the Joni Mitchell reference.

Good luck and all.

universetwisters

@UT - 50 bonus points for the Joni Mitchell reference.

Good luck and all.

I guess you can say before the night is out, somebody's gonna be getting back to the garden.

universetwisters

Welp, my mom just left and didn't tell me where she was going.

c*nt.

trip

'least it wasn't jail.

Enjoy the quiet time.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I hate it when one day its 80 degrees and the next day its 35.

blitz

My laptop is full of files and sh*t I never use, but I can't bring myself to delete them. I upgraded my memory space twice, and I just keep hoarding files.

f*ck it, I think I'm gonna delete everything except for a few programs I use all the time.

I cucked Alex Jones

I will let you on a little hint the pros use: System 32 is completely unnecessary, and takes up too much disk space. Deleting it will only increase your computer's speed.

Forty

I live in central Texas. This is my life every day.

I just saw a topic about shaving and it made me a bit grumpy because i'm unfortunately stuck with a bad case of baby face with the exception of a few very short hairs on my lip. How am I to achieve my life-long dream of becoming a wise man now? Everyone knows that all of a wise mans knowledge resides in his beard. :cry:

MarshalMoo

Beards make you evil, too, though. So you'd be an evil wise man.

evil-beard.jpg

Kalvin

Everyone knows that all of a wise mans knowledge resides in his beard. :cry:

Also a fist.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I'm in San Antonio, haha. Are you in Austin?

lil weasel

cfl-no-300x293.jpg

So, we have been forced to either under power our lamps or use these ‘New’ CFL things. Which contain mercury and require ‘special’ cleaning if broken.

Which might cause cancer.

They cost around 10 times that of the previous bulbs.

I was forced to buy one for my 3-way lamp. It is one-half inch too tall to fit the harp. That means an additional expense to replace the harp. (7$US).

Regardless of what the claim of ‘better’ brightness, it isn’t.

Now, to the real problem. My house is X10 remote controlled. I replaced two lamps in a hard to reach ceiling fixture with two of these CFL. When the switch is Off, they faintly glow and flicker. When I turn them On. Nothing. I check and find out that the CFL requires special switches. But, these special switches require that the house be rewired to a new speciification. Total cost 20,000$US. All that to repace 40¢ lamps with 4$US CFLs. Even without the upgraded service I’ll be dead before any real savings show on the books.

Another thing I found was the basis of the long life of these bulbs is Three hours or less use per day. The incandescent lamps as I use them are on Eight to Twelve and need to be replaced (at the least) every four or five years .

The CFL are packaged in a ‘neat’ way. When you open the box you are greeted with the top of the curly lamp. BUT, there is a fine print warning on the box to Not Touch this glass or the lamp will fail. You have to open the bottom of the box to rip away the cardboard to get at the Ceramic middle of the lamp for safe handling. This also makes a game of screwing it into the fixture.

CFL_art-11.jpg

cleanup.png

Normal use of Incandesent lamps may be ‘improper’ use for CFL. Vibrations, inverted use of grill cfl lamps may cause overheating, which could lead to fires:

Forty

I'm in San Antonio, haha. Are you in Austin?

I'm sorry to hear that. San Antonio is awful.

Yeah, I live in south Austin.

Panz

I love Apple products, but I hate their flimsy f*cking Macbook chargers. Mine frayed and died over the weekend, leaving me without a laptop to use because no stores seem to carry Apple products, so I had to order one online. And why the f*ck does a power adaptor cost $70-80? I found one on eBay for $50, thank god, but c'mon Apple. You greedy bastards.

universetwisters

I love Apple products, but I hate their flimsy f*cking Macbook chargers. Mine frayed and died over the weekend, leaving me without a laptop to use because no stores seem to carry Apple products, so I had to order one online. And why the f*ck does a power adaptor cost $70-80? I found one on eBay for $50, thank god, but c'mon Apple. You greedy bastards.

I find it funny how Apple was totally against that business principle back in 1984, when that commercial came out.

Frank Brown

I'm a bit speechless. I just saw a CNN 'debate' about how a mall banning hoodies with their hoods up has an underlying racial element and I just have to say...

What the f*ck?

How is banning something that can conceal your person, in a shopping mall which likely has a lot of shoplifters (like every other god damned store) a subtle racist attack? I wear a hoodie, most of the people I used to go to High School with wore hoodies, regardless of race. I just... what?

ten-a-penny

^

what about this?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/2014/01/16/17/42/kanye-west-gets-his-own-religion?mch=mobilenh&mchpost=pos2

the f*ck!? seriously what happened to the human race to become THIS stupid? :facedesk:

our teacher just said it. in the past, we humans had insane, intelligent brains. nowadays? f*ck it our brains are just thinking about either sex or sex.

f*ck it I'm not human anymore.

I<3GTAV

I'm mad at myself for not getting into sports as a little kid. I went outside a lot when I was younger, but it was only to walk around the town hanging out with friends. Better late than never, I guess.