1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Crokey

Grumpy Old Forumers

Gnocchi Flip Flops

My current pet peeve.Let's play "spot the error":

I do not have a problem with Atheist's as there

Gah!

Haha I should have put a comma before the as.

sivispacem

Okay, let's play spot the two errors! ;)

Shah Sam

My current pet peeve.

Let's play "spot the error":

Gah!

It should be "atheists".

Do I get to be mod now?

The Odyssey

I've officially had it with the V section. Too many f*cking spoiled brats who type without thinking and can't accept anyone elses opinion. I'm staying away from that place for a while.

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

I've officially had it with the V section. Too many f*cking spoiled brats who type without thinking and can't accept anyone elses opinion. I'm staying away from that place for a while.

You just now figured that out?

The Odyssey

You just now figured that out?

I tried to tolerate them for a while and argue against their points fairly but I've just given up, they're so god damn idiotic.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Okay, let's play spot the two errors! ;)

I have no idea why I capitalized the A in atheists and yeah the apostrophe was not needed. Happy now?

Frank Brown

My current pet peeve.

Let's play "spot the error":

Gah!

It should be "atheists".

Do I get to be mod now?

If anything, I should be the next moderator. I've corrected sivispacem twice.

TWICE.

That's Guinness World Record material, folks.

Having to edit this made this lose its effectiveness.

Edited by Vlynor

Mr. House

I do not have a problem with Atheist's as there are a lot of them on this forum. But it is incredibly annoying when one tries to shove it in your face and wants everybody to believe that god does not exist. That happens too much on this forum and honestly it needs to stop.

stay away from deviantART. trust me.

why I hate Atheists? because that almost all the Atheists I met are like....if you're a believer, they're dead.

at least Atheists here are nice and don't call you crazy and brainwashed for believing. there? you're a f*cking brainless asshat just for having a different belief.

f*ck dA's Atheists.*

*not all Atheists are like this. I do have Atheist friends here and there. not saying that Atheists suck in any way. also I don't want another religious war here.

Can someone tell me what on earth this says?

Audiophile

"I am going to go ahead and make generalizations/offend people but please don't get offended, I totally have friends who are like that so I'm not being a dick. Please don't argue."

Ok.

As for my rant, the damn weather. So tired of the snow, the cold. Just when you think it might get a little better, boom....mother nature sh*ts snow all over the ground.

Forty

I think atheism is f*cking retarded.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't personally believe in God or in any higher power that exists outside the realm of science. By definition I would be considered 'atheist'.

Having said that, I reiterate- atheism is f*cking retarded. I feel that it's a living, breathing hypocrisy. Ask any atheist if they're in favor of organized religion and they'll scoff and spew at the very notion. But when you think about it, atheism is, by its very definition, an organization. It even has a book. Doesn't that go against the entire point? How about you just say you don't believe in god, or that you aren't in favor of religion? Attaching a label to it and establishing guidelines as to what defines 'atheism' makes it organized in spite of itself.

People love attaching labels to each other, to everything. They want a word or set of words that sum up a person in small, digestible bites. All that lends itself to is stereotyping, profiling, and general ass-hattery. Do away with the terminology and be honest with yourself about your beliefs without oversimplifying it into a word. It short changes the discussion.

Edited by Forty

gtamann123

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't personally believe in God or in any higher power that exists outside the realm of science. By definition I would be considered 'atheist'.

Having said that, I reiterate- atheism is f*cking retarded. I feel that it's a living, breathing hypocrisy. Ask any atheist if they're in favor of organized religion and they'll scoff and spew at the very notion. But when you think about it, atheism is, by its very definition, an organization. It even has a book. Doesn't that go against the entire point? How about you just say you don't believe in god, or that you aren't in favor of religion? Attaching a label to it and establishing guidelines as to what defines 'atheism' makes it organized in spite of itself.

People love attaching labels to each other, to everything. They want a word or set of words that sum up a person in small, digestible bites. All that lends itself to is stereotyping, profiling, and general ass-hattery. Do away with the terminology and be honest with yourself about your beliefs without oversimplifying it into a word. It short changes the discussion.

I agree completely. I could be considered Atheist because I dont believe in god but im not very passionate about it and dont set out to try to argue with believers or prove them wrong. I just dont care. And if someone ever asks me what my religious beliefs are i say "none" because religion is just something that has no meaning to me really and has no importance in my life. Its like asking me who I like better. Manchester City or Manchester United. I have no opinion because I dont know anything/dont care about British soccer.

sivispacem

Atheism isn't a critique of organised religion. You don't need to be atheist to do that. It's simply the absence of belief in God.

RedDagger

Don't confuse /r/atheism neckbeard carl sagan-worshippers with run of the mill people who just don't believe in God.

Most atheists don't scoff at religion, they're not part of the organisation like that of /r/atheism, they don't care about literature on the subject or go out of their way to say religion is literally Hitler; what you're describing are a vocal minority of completely pants-on-head retarded people. They don't care that they're atheist, it's just the word to describe their belief in God.

na89340qv0n34b09q340

@forty That's called antireligion, or maybe antitheism (I thought it was only the latter, but I learned a new word today.) Atheism isn't necessarily a rejection of a god either. Atheism without rejection of the existence of a god is called implicit atheism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antitheism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antireligion

arsenal_fan

I suppose some atheists feel they are a minoirty (for example, the U.S.A) and feel they have to be vocal to battle against religious fanatics, who are quite vocal themselves, so fighting fire with fire. Both can be annoying and just as overbearing as the other.

I'm an atheist (or non belivier) myself and have no problem with religon as long as it does not effect my life, so they can teach whatever they want at churches and their schools and practise it at home. But they should not be allowed to effect other peoples lives as not everyone follows their values, like in goverment on issues such as euthanasia, gay marriage, abortion and so on.

I suppose that is why atheists are consisdered so vocal as they would be pissed off with being told what they can and can't do by people who believe in something they hate. Some atheists hate religon full stop, even if it wasn't organised and just for personal and spiritual purposes.

EphemeralStar

It's snowing again! But I have to head to work.. automatic grumpiness. And my body is so sore from working out the past two days, BUT THAT'S GOOD! Just not good when you have to work.. I'm also so pissed off that my iphone jack is screwed up and more than half the time my music won't work or any sound for that matter. :*(

RoadRunner71

Two weeks since I got my updated PC and it's having issues again, yay!

universetwisters

I'm also so pissed off that my iphone jack is screwed up and more than half the time my music won't work or any sound for that matter. :*(

I've had that problem a few times before, except it was with the headphones, rather than the jack itself.

It was funny looking back on it, though. Having to turn the wire near the audio jack a certain way at just the right angle just to get music to play, it was like trying to fiddle with one of those old TV antennas.

trip

It's snowing again!

Don't even get me started.

We are getting a possible 12 inches tomorrow - my work offices have already called "snow day" for tomorrow.

I can't f*cking take it!!!! I can't take any more f*cking snow!!!

This is the most brutal and relentless winter I have ever lived though.

THE GHETTO JEZUS

It's snowing again!

We are getting a possible 12 inches tomorrow - my work offices have already called "snow day" for tomorrow.

But here, snow is the last thing that comes to our mind in winter. Like it rarely snows here and just even a cm can screw up everything, since we are never prepared for snow.

RoadRunner71

It's snowing again!

I wish we had snow here instead of rain and rain and so on everyday...

universetwisters

It's snowing again!

I wish we had snow here instead of rain and rain and so on everyday...

Is it the cold, freezing kind of rain? Or is it the heavy, humid rain?

EphemeralStar

The snow turned to rain here! >.< And yeah I used to think maybe it was my headphones but sadly it's my iphone jack and I have no idea how to fix it.

universetwisters

The snow turned to rain here! >.< And yeah I used to think maybe it was my headphones but sadly it's my iphone jack and I have no idea how to fix it.

I'd take it to one of those kiosks you see at the mall that sell iphone covers and stuff and ask them if they know how to fix it. Whatever you do, DON'T go to an Apple store. They'll charge you an arm & leg for something with a solution that might be as simple as digging around there with a ballpoint pen.

Not saying that's the solution though, but you gotta be careful with the "geniuses" at the genius bar.

36Chambers

Junior year of high school has got me by the balls.

Ermac

It's raining ice outside.

In Virginia Beach.

This winter weather can go f*ck itself.

universetwisters

In Virginia Beach.

Which part of Virginia is Virginia Beach in? I used to live in Alexandria and I remember it getting fairly cold.

RoadRunner71

In Virginia Beach.

Which part of Virginia is Virginia Beach in? I used to live in Alexandria and I remember it getting fairly cold.

Near Norfolk, next to the sea, if I'm not mistaken.

universetwisters

In Virginia Beach.

Near Norfolk, next to the sea, if I'm not mistaken.

The sea air and wind currents might have something to do with that. I'm not sure though, but I remember I lived about 10 minutes from the Potomac River and it still got real cold real quick.