• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Narcis_speed6

• Tommy-Vercetti19

• Whiskey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Done I guess?

Hey guys, been a while! Been so busy this summer I've rarely had time to sit down.   Here's a few pieces I've done the past while.       Some Photomanipulations.    

Life size iPhone 4. Made from scratch in PS... The metalic frame around it should be thinner, i know

Really nice, man. What effects did you use for the orange effect?

Find a render that you'd like to use.

What do you mean with finding a render? I think you're looking for a different term. tounge.gif

A render is a figure with the background cut out or simply .PNG. You need it for the clipping mask.

Link. icon14.gif

No, that is simply to remove the background. A render is basically to generate an image out of a model. tounge2.gif

Well - I'm not that bright. orly.gif

@Whiskey: You can more or less get the same effect when it's on color dodge... it's just a tad brighter. icon14.gif

@kmlwin.1996: Yup, that work's. That's the laziest way to make to knock out the black around the smoke like I did, haha. lol.gif

@ManDog: That look's much better with eye's.

Just got blazed and started on an image ill hopefully see through to the end. Its some sort of superhero with an Abraham Lincoln get up (monocle + cigarette added for badassery), I have just completed the first detailed outline.

user posted image

also drew this dragon earlier when taking a break from the guy

user posted image

I'm quite aware that there is a requests section on the forum, but since it's such an easy request, I thought I'd just ask for it to be done in here, instead of wasting a topic on one image.

I'm wondering if someone could possibly do me a spinning Leeds United Badge, for an avatar?

Here is the link for the image search - just pick the one that you think would work best please.

Basically, it's what Seddo has, but I want mine to be the LU badge. smile.gif

I'm quite aware that there is a requests section on the forum, but since it's such an easy request, I thought I'd just ask for it to be done in here, instead of wasting a topic on one image.

I'm wondering if someone could possibly do me a spinning Leeds United Badge, for an avatar?

Here is the link for the image search - just pick the one that you think would work best please.

You need a 3d program such as Cinema 4D or Xara 3D, I'd recommend xara as the method is simpler.

This tut might help.

Edit: Whoops, saw what you meant. Sorry. blush.gif

Edited by blitz

You need a 3d program such as Cinema 4D or Xara 3D, I'd recommend xara as the method is simpler.

This tut might help.

Ha, I'm actually requesting this to be done for me, as I don't have any software that can do that, nor am I able to access my own computer at this point in time. smile.gif

Well, I guess this fits in this topic. I colored a black and white photo of a South Carolina State Highway patrol car from the 50's. I think it came out alright. All the colors are accurate.

user posted image

Edited by opnoright

user posted image

http://i.imgur.com/vGXsE.gif

user posted image

http://i.imgur.com/7ugkF.gif

user posted image

This probably would have been better off in the Requests section. I've seen topics made there for much less than this.

http://i.imgur.com/bszTN.gif

This probably would have been better off in the Requests section. I've seen topics made there for much less than this.

I know, but just felt stupid to make a topic for a simple request. confused.gif

Massive respect though, cheers matey.

A pretty sh*tty turn out but it was the first time I tried to achieve the effect. It's quite easy and only take's roughly fifteen minute's to do.

Stop bringing yourself down dude. I think that looks great!

@Method: right as Mockage said, don't bring yourself down. Your work is really good, you have some very decent skills that most of the people that are starting doesn't have.

As a criticism for your last work, I would bring a bit of color to his face and would add some flames in his shoulder (where the orange part is). But in overall, it's looking good.

But I see that you added some smoke effects, and that's something that counts a lot. Details. wink.gif

Practice makes perfect.

@ManDog: it's looking neat, dude. I really want to see how it will turn out.

@DeeperRed: the first one is not the best, but the dragon is looking cool. Work a little bit on the colors and it will surely turn out even better.

@opnoright: it's perfect, dude. I'd say that you just desaturated the second image if you didn't had told that you colored the first one. cool.gif

Thank's guy's.

I took your advice and tried to focus on more detail's and I came up with this:

user posted image

Not much but it seem's to come out better than the last as you can see it seem's as if the flame's are actually there and are being reflected. icon14.gif

Also made a Black Ops II signature using flame's (as suggested) for what it's worth. tounge.gif

user posted image

Method, looks nice and very battlefieldery (Very aware thats not a word).

A more detailed, clean version version of My Hobo vigilante (No longer a superhero) still got some details to put in then its on to the long inking stage and then colouring which I still have to learn.

user posted image

Edited by DeeperRed
Thank's guy's.

I took your advice and tried to focus on more detail's and I came up with this:

user posted image

Not to come across as too picky, but if the flames fill the full visor, then surely there should be more reflection on the body itself? I know it sounds pathetic, and it really does look good...

^^ True.

To lee: Type 150 px (height) in the image size window. Then you'll get the biggest size for a signature based on your picture's original size.

Just made for avatars.

user posted image

user posted image

To lee: Type 150 px (height) in the image size window. Then you'll get the biggest size for a signature based on your picture's original size.

Okay, thanks smile.gif

Okay, thanks smile.gif

I re-sized it lee. Hope you like this.

user posted image

[img=http://i.imgur.com/mq2IT.jpg]

user posted image

Just tried from the lighting video. It is usable as signature. wink.gif

Edited by kmlwin.1996

i should have been posting my stuff here, oh man i'm all over forums.

user posted image

if you want to use it for your graphics or whatever, feel free.

Edited by CurtisWS

I know I could just browse through all of the sites and whatnot, but meh...wondering what you lot would personally recommend as some of the best tutorials out there. I'm looking for tutorials that help teach you how to do various things in PS, and incorporate them all into one, if you get me. I know it's all down to what you personally want as the outcome to your image, but I'm always stuck for ideas on what to do for various effects and that, so wouldn't mind some recommendations.

PSDTuts. They have loads of great tutorials which are arranged into categories under the tutorials menu, covering everything from Illustration to Text Effects, they also have a whole series of tuts aimed purely at beginners. Some are for premuim members which let you download the source files, but the majority are public and very easy to follow. Helped me alot when I was starting.

Abduzeedo also has great tuts, but their insipration section is great for when you're ready to try stuff on your own.

I had to jump in the Battlefield 3  bandwagon.

lol.gif That's really good, Narcis. icon14.gif You put more effort into your's as I was just trying to get the effect across. tounge.gif

@Whiskey, it's alway's nice to make custom background's encase you'd like to do a theme (i.e. a Halo background would have gone better with my image), but here you go. smile.gif

edit: It's not completely blank as I just used the render to cover the vehicle's... blush.gif Sorry, haha.

Edited by Method