• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Narcis_speed6

• Tommy-Vercetti19

• Whiskey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Done I guess?

Hey guys, been a while! Been so busy this summer I've rarely had time to sit down.   Here's a few pieces I've done the past while.       Some Photomanipulations.    

Life size iPhone 4. Made from scratch in PS... The metalic frame around it should be thinner, i know

Tommy-Vercetti19

Yeah i took your advice earlier and started working in 300dpi, i read somewhere that the higher the ppi the smaller the document will be when it's being printed.

After that Tron image I did last week, and the recommendations I got after posting it, I decided it was time to learn what the hell this Pen tool was. Using this helpful tutorial that The-King showed me, I've produced my first piece using the tool, and I must say the results are a lot cleaner than my previous method with the lasso and other assorted tools.

user posted image

Click for bigger.

Edited by Robinski
Tommy-Vercetti19

Robinski: Great Work man! Really good for a beginner to the pen tool, Hayley Williams i presume? tounge.gif The shading's looking really good. Kudos man. smile.gif

Thanks, I'm not too satisfied with how the face came out now that I'm looking at it again. It could've either done with one less layer of detail or a few more. The hair definitely could have done with a few more layers, but that's largely a style issue. I'm pretty pleased with the shirt came out though. I can see myself doing a lot more of this stuff in the future. Hopefully I'll be able to produce stuff like this, seeing which prompted me to use Hayley Williams as the subject.

Tommy-Vercetti19

Bump.

Had some bad block recently so i thought i'd try something really new.

Just want your opinions before i stick it on dA. i'm really proud of this one. Put some new techniques to practice and i'm really happy with the outcome.

user posted image

Edited by Tommy-Vercetti19

Looks pretty good to me man. I like the contrast between the clean, smooth lines (of the white lines and the flames/lines around the hands) and the rough background. The glows on the hands and clothes help with a nice middle ground too. Seems you did the reflection really well too. Pretty slick looking work to me.

I've continued to play about with the pen tool and vectors. It's become my new time killer instead of Oblivion these past few days. Whacked this up in a few hours total.

Plain:

user posted image

W/ Background:

user posted image

I could never get the level of shadow quite to my liking, but this is the closest I got. Much more detail than I used in that previous Hayley Williams pic.

EDIT: Oh and thanks for that site TV. Most of the stuff it covered I already knew, but the idea of posterising or applying a cutout filter to the original image never occurred to me. That really helped in picking out areas for shading borders.

Edited by Robinski
Tommy-Vercetti19

Thanks man, really through everything i knew into it. Testament to my current skill level. tounge.gif I had to make it small because the stocks i used were really small.

Looking good man, very detailed. Really like the lips and the legs. You could maybe use some hair brushes to make the hair look more real and for the lighting effects in general, if you go to Filter - Render - Lighting effects you can create some dramatic lighting.

Graham: Straight off to dA. Did you follow any tutorials for it?

Robinski: I think there should be a stronger shadow near the eyes because atm it looks a bit too flat. Otherwise it's great!

Edited by The Guru
Awesome work Tommy and Robinski icon14.gif
Tommy-Vercetti19

Guru: Thanks man, nah just used my head, no tutorials. tounge.gif

Robinski: Looking really well, lots of depth was added with the light. Good work. icon14.gif

Narcis: Thanks man!

The only problem with that piece that's anything major Tommy is the reflection on the floor. It's vertically squished, while normally a reflection equally reflects the size and shape of the subject you've reshaped it in an awkward attempt at perspective, when all it really did was make the piece look that much less cohesive and real.

Otherwise it's good.

Tommy-Vercetti19

Which is why i always save the PSD. tounge.gif

Re-edited. Reflection fixed, colours are stronger and you can see the flames a bit more. But i couldn't get the lighting on the bottom the exact same. Tell me what you think. smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Pick the best one and i'll stick it on dA. smile.gif

Thanks man, really through everything i knew into it.

And it shows...

There's a lot going on here, literally. The picture is too busy to really see anything. The filters and effects and smoke and backgrounds and reflections and splotches and textures and... you see where I'm going here.

"Less is more." -Mies van der Rohe

Edited by geomy
Tommy-Vercetti19

Took on your criticism geomy, i really couldn't make it any more bare. Removed everything apart from a few clouds and the background, reflection and subject.

user posted image

Tommy-Vercetti19

It looks really jagged on the splats, maybe apply some blur or try a different splatter set? Also i find the text very hard to read, maybe space it out a bit. But i actually really like that first bit of type on the top there, looks really nice.

After that Tron image I did last week, and the recommendations I got after posting it, I decided it was time to learn what the hell this Pen tool was. Using this helpful tutorial that The-King showed me, I've produced my first piece using the tool, and I must say the results are a lot cleaner than my previous method with the lasso and other assorted tools.

user posted image

Click for bigger.

It's pretty good for two reasons tounge.gif

Well, that's not bad, but I want you to know, that you don't have to make a bunch of effects to make the thing look good, here's a beetle I made, and it's very simple, but still looks good, doesn't it?

user posted image

Well, that's not bad, but I want you to know, that you don't have to make a bunch of effects to make the thing look good, here's a beetle I made, and it's very simple, but still looks good, doesn't it?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc93ywdu...cnthno1_500.png

Then What DO You Need To Do To Make It Look Good nervous.gif ,?

The Beetle Is Just Superb, wow.gif

EDIT: Heres A Progress From Me For Today, smile.gif

AND i dIdn't Use Any Complicated Effects Just Very Simple Gradient Ones Only, wink.gif

user posted image

Edited by m.luqman
Tommy-Vercetti19

Like txd said, you can't just rely on layer styles. Txd done his by using the brush tool and painting it, maybe the pen tool too. Then you could use the Dodge & Burn tools to create light and shade.

txd: Your sig is awesome!

Like txd said, you can't just rely on layer styles. Txd done his by using the brush tool and painting it, maybe the pen tool too. Then you could use the Dodge & Burn tools to create light and shade.

txd: Your sig is awesome!

What Do You Mean By "Painting It" ?