• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Narcis_speed6

• Tommy-Vercetti19

• Whiskey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Done I guess?

Hey guys, been a while! Been so busy this summer I've rarely had time to sit down.   Here's a few pieces I've done the past while.       Some Photomanipulations.    

Life size iPhone 4. Made from scratch in PS... The metalic frame around it should be thinner, i know

About the avatar, I figured someone might say something like that. I looked at Moon's and thought I would like to do something like that, but I tried not to in anyway copy. I could pretty much say for certain that if you looked up close at the two they would be almost totally different.

You need to do one of you rocking the ginger fro.

The house is great, though the point where the roof runs through the chimney looks a tad strange to me, maybe just continue the brickwork all the way up.

And either the guy's way too small or the door's too big.

Nothing to big to fix, I'm liking it.

Theres a couple of pointers, firstly, its quite square and sharp, I'm assuming you used the pen tool, so you need to curve the paths to make it look a bit better.

Also add some shading onto, not a lot, just a touch to accent it.

Perhaps make the gun white, as the iPod's in the adverts are.Then the writing should be white too if it's meant to look like the iPod logo, but thats no big deal, just me being pedantic.

I made this one two or three years ago, it should give you an idea of what I mean.

user posted image

Edited by PCJ.
Also, check out my current avatar. Another go at making some 2D stuff.

Hmm.. a little too 2G-esque for my liking.

Pixel art is not actually getting old, it's just a person's take on it, finding your own fresh new style, of which I've know many people who've got their own and thus looking totally awesome.

The house anyway, shows you've improved a nice bit. Keep at it.

About the avatar, I figured someone might say something like that. I looked at Moon's and thought I would like to do something like that, but I tried not to in anyway copy. I could pretty much say for certain that if you looked up close at the two they would be almost totally different.

Heh, the 2G avatars. Back in the day when Vegas and I made them, there were probably about 20 different people on the forums wearing them. We were going to make a comic with them, but like everything 2G, it was cursed from the start.

I'm not really in the mood to give a critique on anything, but it's easy to see from your house that you're improving. Good luck on your next piece.

Remember This.
Also, check out my current avatar. Another go at making some 2D stuff.

Hmm.. a little too 2G-esque for my liking.

Pixel art is not actually getting old, it's just a person's take on it, finding your own fresh new style, of which I've know many people who've got their own and thus looking totally awesome.

The house anyway, shows you've improved a nice bit. Keep at it.

Heh, the 2G avatars. Back in the day when Vegas and I made them, there were probably about 20 different people on the forums wearing them. We were going to make a comic with them, but like everything 2G, it was cursed from the start.

I'm not really in the mood to give a critique on anything, but it's easy to see from your house that you're improving. Good luck on your next piece.

Thanks man. I was wondering though, what is up with 2G? I mean, there was the city, which kinda died, and then the forums, which now aren't there. I registered at the new one but I just got a message saying my account would be reviewed or something, and a week later still nothing has happened...

Is the forum still under construction?

By the way, I checked out your devART gallery, I stumbled across it totally by accident when I was looking at Chibi's. I recognised him as the guy who is the example in most of the GFX rules! Your city piece is incredible, I know that I for one wouldn't be able to work that small, my pieces seem to be getting on a larger scale each time I do them to allow for more detail. The boat in particular is incredibly well done.

I'd like to see something done by you 2G folks though, All you guys need is some luck and then your away!

Heh, my DeviantArt isn't really that up-to-date. I don't think I've signed on once in the past 3 years.

To be honest, I don't really like any of that stuff on my old page. Maybe the boat, it's still kind of up to my standards. turn.gif

Here's one I did a few days ago, another abstract one.

Will You Drink my Chemical?

user posted image

Click the deviantart logo in my sig to see it full size, 1440x900.

Heh, my DeviantArt isn't really that up-to-date. I don't think I've signed on once in the past 3 years.

I've noticed a lot of it has been deleted.. loads of old art has been. It's been ages since I alst checked out for page.. You must be well over 100+ weeks.

Some real nice work there, Picolini.

Remember This.

To be honest, I don't really like any of that stuff on my old page. Maybe the boat, it's still kind of up to my standards. turn.gif

For christs sake man update your account! tounge.gif

I've seen your hurricane devastated house, and if all of your pieces nowadays are like that boat or better I want to see them, and I'm sure I ain't the only one!

Meh, I don't really like DeviantArt anymore. Not only that, even if I wanted to update my account I'd still have to actually finish a piece for a change, and I'm getting too bored of pixel art to keep myself entertained.

Yeah Venom, last time I checked it was 144 weeks or so.

Meh, I don't really like DeviantArt anymore. Not only that, even if I wanted to update my account I'd still have to actually finish a piece for a change, and I'm getting too bored of pixel art to keep myself entertained.

That, and deviantArt have basically killed Pixel Art.

Remember This.

Care to expand?

I'm not trying to sound argumentative or anything, I just want to know what you mean.

Care to expand?

I'm not trying to sound argumentative or anything, I just want to know what you mean.

Just take a look at what is being posted over there nowadays. More than a half of the pixel art gallery is not even pixel.

About 90% of the stuff on DeviantART has nothing to do with art at all. Most of that sh*t over there is some stupid anthropomorphic/homoerotic fanart drawn by sexually-confused teenagers (I'm not being homophobic or anything, it's just that flamboyant stuff that drives me nuts).

Remember This.

Care to expand?

Just take a look at what is being posted over there nowadays. More than a half of the pixel art gallery is not even pixel.

About 90% of the stuff on DeviantART has nothing to do with art at all. Most of that sh*t over there is some stupid anthropomorphic/homoerotic fanart drawn by sexually-confused teenagers (I'm not being homophobic or anything, it's just that flamboyant stuff that drives me nuts).

Yeah, you've got a point. I mean, I usually flick through the isometric scenes gallery and around 1 piece in every 7 actually fits the basic criteria of being isometric pixel art. sad.gif

I need a new place to go and get my comments from. Thats why I tried joining 2G's new board, but it doesn't seem to be working. Ah well, I'll stick with DevART 'til I find something better.

Pity about all the emo's...

Care to expand?

aye~

know what you mean, yaoi and anthros...

it's an instant hit!

there are some really good ART hidden in there tho~

just takes some looking/sloshing around to find em lol

Remember This.

An appeal for help here. I'm getting stuck on the scale of my cars in relation to my people in the pixel piece I'm doing at the moment. I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, maybe a website or something that could help me out seeing the size of an average human compared to an average car.

Sorry I'm being vague, I'm just a bit stuck. tounge.gif

Remember This.

Forget the above post, Google always helps. One other thing I couldn't do was pixel foliage, so here for you GFXers, I present...

*drumroll*

A tree.

user posted image

Heh, yeah. Don't worry, soon enough it will be part of something bigger, but for now I was just wondering, what do you guys think? I had a fair few attempts at different styles, I reckon this one has come out the best. I'm quite proud of the shading on it actually, but I would like to know what you guys think.

I think you did a pretty good job with the shading, but I don't quite like the colouring, looks a little too much saturated to me (unless you were going for a more cartoonish look, in which case I guess it's alright). smile.gif

Here's some ink practice I did today:

user posted image

Remember This.
I think you did a pretty good job with the shading, but I don't quite like the colouring, looks a little too much saturated to me (unless you were going for a more cartoonish look, in which case I guess it's alright). smile.gif

Here's some ink practice I did today:

[sEXFUL ART]

Yeah, it was more of a cartoonish look I was trying to go for, or certainly not realism anyway!

As for the ink work... Nice!

I'm pretty much love it all, the lighter, the broken bulb, the burnt effect on the card in particular, and especially the hand. One thing you might want to look out for is the perspective on the bottom of the light bulb screw, it seems a bit off. Apart from that, icon14.gif

As for the ink work... Nice!

I'm pretty much love it all, the lighter, the broken bulb, the burnt effect on the card in particular, and especially the hand. One thing you might want to look out for is the perspective on the bottom of the light bulb screw, it seems a bit off. Apart from that,  icon14.gif

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! smile.gif

Yeah, I see that problem with the light-bulb now, didn't notice it on paper. It's not much of a hassle anyway. icon14.gif

Some of you might remember the flash duck I did.

I have started to experiment with incorporating flash with after effects, especially the 3d layers element.

Don't mind the horrible compression/bad lighting/duck winking instead of blinking etc/it's 2:30 in the morning so shush!

Uh, two quick sketches of the webcomic I'm working on.

user posted image

user posted image

I know they're sh*tty, but they're just quick sketches. I'm saving up for a tablet, so I should be able to do a proper, clean webcomic in illustrator/photoshop.

Remember This.

Picolini, Nice animation, and something new too!

Moon, I like the sideburns on those guys. Oh and check out the topic on tablets too, it might help you choose.

Mullen, A wolf in sheeps clothing! I like it. I think you have yourself a permanent fan here, I haven't seen one piece by you I haven't liked yet.

Picolini, Nice animation, and something new too!

Moon, I like the sideburns on those guys. Oh and check out the topic on tablets too, it might help you choose.

Mullen, A wolf in sheeps clothing! I like it. I think you have yourself a permanent fan here, I haven't seen one piece by you I haven't liked yet.

Lol, wasn't my animation tounge2.gif

Moonshield, your sketches remind me a lot of Quentin Blake, a pretty famous illustrator who did all the cartoons in most of Roald Dahl's books. Your sketches are more realistic, while his have cluttered appearance and are a bit off proportions. icon14.gif

Heres a face I drew today with my new graphics tablet. I just got it Thursday, so I'm really new with it... getting used to it though.

About 2-3 hours.

user posted image