3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL|WIP] Export Lights, Particles for SA

DexX

what if its a omunilight sae file? how do i install it?

All .sae files install exactly the same way, regardless of their contents.

Lurking..

Hey, it work perfect, but I have a littler problem, I can just add this style of light to my model

user posted image

I have tried a lot of ways, but I cant change the style of light, it will show up the same or nothing show up. How can I change the light like this

user posted image

with the first one(The bike from BOGT) u added the lil ovni infront(the headlight) or all that white stripe of Neon?

if you want the neon style, then just place hell out alot of em and link em to the mesh, now if you already know adding neon and u dont know how to change da color, change the ovni color just like normal way and it will appear like that in-game

Good luck wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I can make objects with 2dfx light. I modified dice1.dff and dice02.dff of gta_int.img and made a redlight and a blue neon tube.

user posted image user posted image

But i have problems to add a light to the ottos autohaus

The game crashes when I add a light to the building (IDE: 9953, ottos_AUTOS_sfe, ottos_sfw, 100, 0)

It crashed also when I add a light to the accessory (IDE: 10249, ottos_bits, ottos2_sfw, 50, 4)

But it worked to add a light to the spiral stairway (IDE: 10008, fer_cars2_sfe, fishwarf, 25, 0)

What can be the reason for the crash by adding light to ottos_AUTOS_sfe or ottos_bits?

To much textures maybe?

Imma try what you and then im going to report what happend, but remember this, this building has an interior, for sure has a Cull Zone, now the cull zone have an option to dont let any 2DFX happen inside, maybe this interior has this option but there are ones like CJ house, that allow 2DFX happen inside, so thats my first though about the problem.

My second theory is that, R* made so much bullsh*t in SA, maybe the .DFF structure has already a 2DFX and you cant add it couse you are deleting the last one

Edited by vans123

Imma try what you and then im going to report what happend, but remember this, this building has an interior, for sure has a Cull Zone, now the cull zone have an option to dont let any 2DFX happen inside, maybe this interior has this option but there are ones like CJ house, that allow 2DFX happen inside, so thats my first though about the problem.

My second theory is that, R* made so much bullsh*t in SA, maybe the .DFF structure has already a 2DFX and you cant add it couse you are deleting the last one

Importing 1893, shoplight1, temp_shop, 50, 0 of gta_int.img 3dmax and you see that the omnidummys are still inthere

Ottos file don't have any, there are just windows as seperately objects

meanwhile I'm shure that R* made seperately light objects, look through the interiors with MEd and you find accessory groupes

and very often just lamp groupes

Cull Zone? Ottos autohaus isn't a real interior and i can add lights there via the stairway objects.

what's about your NYS map? did you install lights? big lihtning billboards?allways seperately ?

In my IV to SA map, i always attach ovnis to the main root object

Examples:

Manhattan Downtown Overfly-Added it to the underlights(The underlights meshes are attached to the main mesh that is the overfly just putted em in the position and linked)

I would have to say sometimes i need so much of them that i attach all of em but talking about maybe 40 ovnis 35 of them appear and 5 are not there, what i do it to create a second 2DFX section and add the data of those 5 missing ovnis and ready wink.gif

But yeah never had problems, but check this, sometimes i add them to a mesh, but happends that the mesh is so highpoly that in-game the ovnis dont appear at the first time, you have to get away till the building disappears and the LOD loads and then get back and see if it appeared, much times happends in areas where i used much shadow meshes, highpoly meshes and spawned effects all at the same time, for sure happening "maybe" couse SA as a complete map, the engine has a lot to load

Hi! I want to create lights for my model.

Please, explain me every part, and it will be

even more better if is detail exlpained. smile.gif

Sorry for my English, friends!

btw.. I tryed to add omni, like the dummy for particles, and I exported the .sae file.

And I opened RWA and nothing - I didn't know what to do.. xD what to add, in which section.. confused.gif

Again, sorry for my English.

collapse child options, then open the geometry, then extension and then create there a new section of 2DFX, import the section data and you are ready to go

Thank you very much! Btw.. how to change the color? smile.gif

And for what is [0x12] Light, is this the same?

I want to know the radiosity, the lights.. for now I can only add white lights..

I want reflections, mirrors (oops, this I think can be done with cull) .. lights,lights,lights biggrin.gif

1-Radiosity is a way to prelight, so it wont be made by this way, you need Max, a nice processor to be fast in rendering(couse always i do awsome prelight with it i end using like 2000 lights and that struggs very hard Processors, thanks to god i have a Quad Core)

2-You need imagination and creativity to do radiosity xD

3-Mirros are done by Cull Zone, i think read Deniska Documentation

4-The color of the light displayed in Max is the color of the Light inside SA, be very carefull in this, the color is not very accurate, if you choose an orange inside the game it will be yellow, and if you choose a kinda Gold color it will be damn orange in-game, dont know why this happends but yeh xD, so choose your color in a very accurate way.

5-[0X12] Light, that section data i never tried it, but well tries never keep you away from imporoving all you will get is a crash if you did something wrong xD

but yeh go try it on wink.gif

Hope this helps.

btw.. I tryed to add omni, like the dummy for particles, and I exported the .sae file.

And I opened RWA and nothing - I didn't know what to do.. xD what to add, in which section..  :

Ok, I show my method

Create and export Light and model with 3dMax7

user posted image

create an omni and link it to the model

I can set the color in the omni creation panel and also later in the omni edit panel

Select the model and link the omni to the model

start DeXx' tool and make shure that the omni is selected when exporting the light as *.sae file

user posted image

select all (model and linked omni(s)) to export the model with light as *.dff

user posted image

RW Analyze

Start RW Analyze tool and open the dff file which was exported with the omnis

user posted image

collapse child options, then open the geometry, then extension and then create there a new section

user posted image

enter this hex value:

0x253F2F8

user posted image

an unknown section appears under extension

add the section data there

user posted image

choose import section data and open the *.sae file

then save the file

user posted image

Ok, i see that i can't add lights to the building and use peripheral objects,

in my example the stairways for the Otto carstore.

The color setting works good for me but i was not interessted to get an exactly color

My last experience was to choose fully color to prevent a white kernel in the light

user posted image

In DeXx' tool I can only use mlampost and lampost_coast which shows only a sphere light ingame (to be exactly: a 2d-disk)

The neon tubes of PmC was made by Goldkiller, i'm wondering how he did it

I made a blue neon tube with a lot omnis in a row and yes it was nice but could see the single lights. Maybe it needs to play around more time to get the final settings.

All my lights for Ottos building are only shown if I near the omnis, in radius of ca. 25.0 units

Distance is allways set to 200,0

I made other objects to replace models of interior\props.ide

throwable stones, lamps, balls, blocks without texture and a little bit transparent material

they have different Distance, one of it ca. 150.0 units

Edited by ZAZ

Why you post it 2 times?

HHnErXC.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

great script, i added some fun stuff to my dffs.

user posted image

i came across one showstopper (for my needs anyway).

when i rotate the 2dfx dff by >±16.2° on the x or y axis, the 2dfx die off, which makes it useful only for objects which sit more or less flat and upright.

thought i'd post here to see if anyone found a workaround

i came across one showstopper (for my needs anyway).

when i rotate the 2dfx dff by >±16.2° on the x or y axis, the 2dfx die off, which makes it useful only for objects which sit more or less flat and upright.

thought i'd post here to see if anyone found a workaround

Are you rotating the object in max, or are you rotating the coordinates in the ipl file? If it's max, try rotating your object first, then placing the light, and linking it to the parent object last. The lights in sa don't have any rotation info, only position data, so the problem has to be how that position data is calculated or retrieved.

Any progress of this scirpt? Escalator 2dfx creating? 2d text?

No, i stopped working on almost every gta-related project I have about a year ago, and its been even longer than that since i touched this script. It wasn't planned, life keeps getting in the way.

Sorry about the delayed responses, i don't come into this forum much anymore tounge.gif

Lurking..