2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Smallo

Vice City Stories: Secrets and Easter Eggs

pimp_60cent
well MR Zero in the PS2 version u can jump in it and it has a mini crane with the egg being constructed with a #11 smiley there. but i think it wasn't like that in the PSP version.

Yeah, I tried an it's solid. It's only for the PS2.

.:Alex:.

Yeah the sign near the stadium has changed. It now says (I've underlined the changes):

You are standing on USJ 5a, a fine new addition to our great city that we've all grown to love.

Have you found the 11 easter eggs?

Rockstar Leeds would like to thank you for playing the game, and by the way, the christmas party was great

This is the original sign:

You are standing on USJ 5a a fine new addition to our great city that isn't contrived at all.

Have you found the 10 easter eggs?

Rockstar Leeds would like to thank you for playing the game and letting us having a rockin' christmas party

Edited by .:Alex:.

Ubersoldier

Another one!!

If you see around Vice City, there are billboards, or other advertisements that have R*LAX on them.

See the example:

user posted image

It advertises R*LAX. Now look here, a closeup:

user posted image

Notice PTGateaux. This is an obvious reference to the famous outdoor advertising company JCDecaux, founded in France. It was established in the UK in 1983. (I don't know when it was established in the US.)

Gateaux is actually a French word meaning "cake". Probably mocking the French person's name who founded JCDecaux, Jean-Claude Decaux himself. But I dunno what the PT stands for...

I havent noticed it until now. Is it in any other GTAs?

I'm french and when I have seen this sign, it's sounded to me like "Petit Gateau" for "Little Cake".

I already knewed that one, I founder it by myself :-) Rockstarlax

GTA_Loco

Is this old news already or an Easter Egg for that matter, that Rockstar has an office in Vice City in 1984, probably Rockstar North?

user posted image

canine sapien

Don't think any of these have been posted, but I'm going to look daft if they have...

In the Vice Point Mall, in the record shop 'Needle Trax', there's a poster for a band called 'Prix', and the band members slightly resemble the Eurythmics, popular band in the Eighties.

Also, one of the covers of the LPs in the record shop ooks like Phil Collins album 'No Jacket Required'.

There's a shop in the mall called 'T&A', in a logo that looks like the British chain of shops 'C&A'.

Another shop called 'MAN at EASE', read aloud it sounds like 'manatees', that sort of... sea cow.... thing.

Another record shop called 'Vinyl Countdown' - think this shop was in VC too - there's a poster for a band called 'Hasker Can't', a reference to the band Husker Du, an Eighties punk rock band.

Another poster in the record shop advertises the band ''Franklin's Urethra', referencing Arethra Franklin, a soul singer.

There's also a shop called Helmut Schein, which sounds like Helmet Shine. I love Rockstar and their sexual innuendo.

Another shop (...sigh...) called 'Secretions'.

And one more - instead of a .45 Magnum in this game, you get an Equalizer - reference to the cop TV show?

csgrambauer

Yeah the sign near the stadium has changed. It now says (I've underlined the changes):

You are standing on USJ 5a, a fine new addition to our great city that we've all grown to love.

Have you found the 11 easter eggs?

Rockstar Leeds would like to thank you for playing the game, and by the way, the christmas party was great

This is the original sign:

You are standing on USJ 5a a fine new addition to our great city that isn't contrived at all.

Have you found the 10 easter eggs?

Rockstar Leeds would like to thank you for playing the game and letting us having a rockin' christmas party

Hey Alex, I was just wondering if I could add your post (with credit to you of course) to my site for Vice City Stories? Please? I'm after adding finds and easter eggs and glitches, etc., for this game. This is my site's link:

www.freewebs.com/thegrambauer

*crosses fingers*

(I hope you'll say 'yes').

Edited by csgrambauer

Gantons Most Wanted

i know this is shocking but how the hell do you get to that VCN building Easter Egg i look for that hollow wall but have no luck finding a way to it

Durka Durka Mahn

Look in the back seat of any Moonbeam for a really WET surprise..

user posted image

Edited by Durka Durka Mahn

jeremy0073

If you go into the "fashion mode" in the mall you can see clothes from VC Tommy's Shirt (been found), Juan Garcia Cortezes Shirt, and Diaz's Shirt there maybe more

Stefan.

This might be just a coincidence, but Reni's assistant with a gay voice is named Frankie. In the 80's, there was a pop band called 'Frankie Goes to Hollywood', a group whose members are gay.

See the resemblance?

By the way, there is a Frankie song in both Vice City ('Two Tribes Go To War') and Vice City Stories (Relax).

.:Alex:.
Hey Alex, I was just wondering if I could add your post (with credit to you of course) to my site for Vice City Stories? Please? I'm after adding finds and easter eggs and glitches, etc., for this game. This is my site's link:

www.freewebs.com/thegrambauer

*crosses fingers*

(I hope you'll say 'yes').

Yeah, sure. Go ahead icon14.gif

Shambles

OK, right beside where the Malibu club is going to be, there's a golden sign, that says this in handwriting:

"Vankhoff on the beach".

Get it?

Wank off on the beach.

GTA_Loco

The holographic R* logo in the pool is in the game.

You can view it only from this distance;

user posted image

This is the pool on a closer view

user posted image

henza

hello,

has anyone seen the lights that look like a cock (not the feathered kind) on the central part of the east island. I've seen it in psp vice city stories, but can't find it in the ps2 version. anyone got any ideas?

h

Ben Fleming

If you're talking about the white building near the Malibu that lights up at night in the vague shape of a cock, then that was in Vice City too. I'm not sure about in VCS, but in VC water spouted out of the top of the building at around 21:00h.

One thing that I don't think anyone has pointed out is the literal Easter Egg (under construction).

In the same place as the VC Easter Egg (go to the top of the Helipad on the VCN building, jump towards the window on building opposite corner of pad; the window isn't solid) there's an Easter Egg and a small model construction crane. In Vice the egg was whole and said "Happy Easter!" but in VCS it's only partially built and you can see the frame it's built on.

As well as the under-construction E.E., there's also a small sign underneath it with a happy face and "#11."

Edit: Nevermind, it was posted a page back. But I'll still leave my so-very-in-depth-description in this post. XD

jrt

Not sure if this counts as an easter egg, but in VCS, I beat up a guy behind the counter of a shop, and he said "I feel sorry for your mother" Which is a quote from the opening scene of the 90s gangsta movie: Menace 2 Society.

Should have been in San Andreas really, but it wasn't.

pimp_60cent
Not sure if this counts as an easter egg, but in VCS, I beat up a guy behind the counter of a shop, and he said "I feel sorry for your mother" Which is a quote from the opening scene of the 90s gangsta movie: Menace 2 Society.

Should have been in San Andreas really, but it wasn't.

Isn't that what the asian guy says during the liqour store scene?

Roy the Pirate

That Ray the Otter Movie is a reference to Ray Liotta who voiced Tommy back in Vice city

BixDugan

You guys have found tons of stuff! The Easter Egg numbered signs: maybe a description of the location is better than a pic, as their links sometimes stop working.

Someone mentioned a #EE on top of a house on Prawn island. Thats a new one for me, so here is # 10, from memory:

Get in the water, due west from the police station in the center of the east island. EE is on eastern wall in channel.

I forget #s but look at the spot where you recover Mitch Bakers Hog.

The condemned building on east island. The four walled room, visible from above, has a stairway in it.

Western side of Hyman Stadium.

The only EE I can think of not yet listed: the vans with PONS sign. PONS=PWNs?

pimp_60cent

Ok I felt the need of reviving this topic because I found another easter egg. Today in history class we were discussing and reading about the civil war. In the First Battle of Bull Run, General Jackson from the Confederate army (south) saw a flaw in the Union's (north) formation so he screamed "Attack that man he's standing like a stone wall!" or something along those lines tounge.gif. From that battle on he became known as "Stonewall" Jackson, which in VCS the redneck ammunition store is called Stonewall J's, in honor to General Jackson.

dark_azn95
Maybe "Ray the Otter" refers to Conker the Squirrell ("Conker's Bad Fur Day", etc)?

It is talking about Tommy Vercitte's Voice actor Ray Liotta. So Ya that's wat it refers to. Sorry if I was late.

Wonderinguy

After the mission D.I.V.O.R.C.E. you get Trailer Trash clothing in your wardrobe, that clothing is starting clothing in San Andreas.

pimp_60cent
After the mission D.I.V.O.R.C.E. you get Trailer Trash clothing in your wardrobe, that clothing is starting clothing in San Andreas.

Close, the trailer trash out fit has white shoes, while CJ's starting outfit has black shoes.

MrMagic50

Close, the trailer trash out fit has white shoes, while CJ's starting outfit has black shoes.

not if yo change his shoes to white when you unlock binco biggrin.gif

Wonderinguy

Well the shirt and pants are the same.

AndyGanteks

Well the shirt and pants are the same.

Lol,it doesnt matter we can say if shirt and panths are the same that means it is the same as at begining

tacojoe

This might be an Easter Egg.

If you exit the North Point Mall through the multistory car park entrance/exit, you will see cars exploding. Rotate your camera slightly to the right after exiting and wait a few seconds. You should see an explosion.

This might be a glitch or an Easter Egg.

manofpeace

It wasn't on the list, so I'll tell you one.

You can just pull up really fast in the Skimmer and go above the limit for like 3 seconds. But wait, there's a twist! ZOMG, you can pull up until you're upside down and then you can go as high as you want if you're good at controlling a plane like that. It took me a few tries to get it right, but it works. Try it! icon14.gif

I deam it a secret. wink.gif

gta_boy

once when i was in ocean beach there was a guy inside a car and i took him out and and ran him over with his car he died,then i left him there then 10 minuteslater i came back and he was still there.is this a glitch?

Paudge

Here's another:

When you drive up to Cam Jones's Place you will see the LOD from Vice City with the blurred sign....it will then disappear when the buildings TXD loads....this goes to show that a lot of Vice City's txds are recycled!