3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

MyMothersMySister

...::[The Footy Desk]::...

gta_player5

I am a bit disappointed at the play of Arsenal so far this season, but it is a long season, and it looks like the players are starting to gel and play better. Plus they have 1 game in hand, if they win that game it will place them only 2 points back of Man U and Chelsea. This season, I don't see anyone running away with the lead, it looks like it should be a good season, that will come down to the last few games.

saintdave

Arsenal did start very poorly, but since the win against Man Utd they have started to hit their rhythm on the football pitch and were very unlucky against CSKA. Apart from that, they have won every game in all competitions and will have a say in the title.

I know it’s early but I think the title is already a 3-horse race with Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal all able to win it.

Cuse510

As dave said, Arsenal did start slowly, but you have to take into account that this was a very different Arsenal side, even from the one that played in the Champions League final earlier this year. They are missing 3/4ths of their former back line (Cole and Campbell gone and Lauren out with injury). They also lost Robert Pires and Dennis Bergkamp, both of whom had been with the club for years and contributed to the wonderful chemistry of the team. While newer players like Rosicky and Eboue are obviously talented, it's quite understandable that Arsenal had chemistry problems at the beginning of the year. But now that they seem to be forming a new chemistry, they are playing at a high level again, and hopefully they can keep it up for the rest of the season.

Boogie

Yeah does seem a bit unnecessary, after all it’s not like anyone is claiming them for their own use nor doing anything illegal with the material. It's just football fans sharing football clips with each other.

Sadly, it's all about money these days. No al calcio moderno! mad.gif

saintdave

Did you read about the training ground clash of the 2 Sheffield United players? At one point defender Claude Davis came at Ade Akinbiyi with a blade!

Full story here.

Seddo

Yay Liverpool have won two games in a row biggrin.gif and we have 3 more premiership pionts aswell as scoring 7 goals in two games biggrin.gif lets hope we can carry it on.

saintdave

Taken me ages to get here to make a post and judging by the recent activity its clear the forums problems are affecting everyone. That or people are bored of football, which I doubt!

Barca v Chelsea game is on TV now, really can’t be bothered to sit and watch it, though it is on my TV while I play on the computer. Score currently is 1-0 to Barca.

Crokey
Did you read about the training ground clash of the 2 Sheffield United players? At one point defender Claude Davis came at Ade Akinbiyi with a blade!

Full story here.

Well, Sheffield United (The Baldes) kinda fits really

/me beams at beating Middlebrough for the first time in 25 years, woot, woot

Effing Chelsea, wanted Barca to win... on that subject, what damn cheek by Jose Moron-io calling Barcelona 'Divers'... 'Excuse me Mr Officer, this pot just called this kettle black'

monkeyman237

Did you see Lampards goal for Chelsea against Barca? I was amazed when it went in, it looked as if he brought it to far, and somehow he curled in from an almost impossible angle. The other goals were good too.

Chelsea's penalty shouts weren't great though, Lampard looked as if he just stumbled. As for the other one it was hard to say. Great match though.

saintdave

Lampard's goal was a fluke, he was blatantly trying to cross the ball, but Valdes should have done much better with it.

Mourinho's comments didn’t surprise me one bit, not that I agree with them only that he has to ruin the build up to what was going to be another great match between 2 big teams and as per usual the focus has to be with him and his huge ego.

Seddo

Wohoooooo another win for LIverpool 4 wins in 4 games in all competions. Team seems to have some form back and a bit of confidence, nice to see Kuyt get 2 goals and crouch working well with 2 assists, hope we can keep it up and get back near the top of the table.

saintdave

Kuyt is class, I watched him during channel 5 late night showing of Dutch football last season and he always looked good in a average league. Now he is showing he can perform in the best league and is surely the first striker on Liverpool's team sheet.

Interesting results in the Premiership today, Spurs finally beat Chelsea 2-1 and Arsenal lost 1-0 to West Ham. I’ve not seen any highlights yet but I read that Wenger pushed Pardew following Harewood's goal.

Seddo
Kuyt is class, I watched him during channel 5 late night showing of Dutch football last season and he always looked good in a average league. Now he is showing he can perform in the best league and is surely the first striker on Liverpool's team sheet.

Interesting results in the Premiership today, Spurs finally beat Chelsea 2-1 and Arsenal lost 1-0 to West Ham. I’ve not seen any highlights yet but I read that Wenger pushed Pardew following Harewood's goal.

Yes Kuyt is looking good would of thought Bellamy would of done better aswell.

Also two good results for Liverpool with Chelski and arsenal getting beat biggrin.gif

With Wenger pushing Pardrew when he gets interviewed he will probally say he didnt see waht happens like evrything else biggrin.gif He only sees what he wants to see.

saintdave

Yeah it wouldn’t surprise me if Wenger had used that as an excuse but I heard on the radio that both managers will get some sort of punishment. Apparently Wenger thought Pardew was celebrating over the top and directly in front of the Arsenal bench.

Seddo

I would like to be the first one to say LMFAO lol.gif

Seddo laughs his f*cking arse off

Man Utd got beat 1-0 by southend happy.gif

saintdave

That they did and I know they had some big names playing but if they played their best team, 100% they would have destroyed Southend especially after the form they have been in.

No other shock results in the cup or anything that caught the attention, but there are a few more playing tonight that have the potential to cause some upsets.

Seddo

Yeah they had some big players on the pitch aswell and no matter if they were 100% in strengh or not it will still go down in the record books and last forever as a 1-0 defeat.

saintdave

Oh yeah you cant take anything away from Southend's achievement but my point was that at 100% Man Utd would have won, no doubt.

Speaking of strong teams, looks like Chelsea are taking the Carling Cup seriously once again. Their line up for the match versus Villa is -

Cudicini, Geremi, Boulahrouz, Carvalho, Bridge, Makelele, Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Shevchenko and Drogba

Seddo

Shows that they are not happy with just winning the league and want to get doubles, trebles or quadruples (greedy tounge.gif )

also Liverpool have won 5 games in a row WooT plus another clean sheet cool.gifbiggrin.gif

Boogie

Well tonigt's our cup match against Messina. Would have gone there but I have to work tomorrow.

There are seven Primavera players in the squad tonight. Simone Fautario (1987), Daniele Marino (1988), Leonardo Bonucci (1987), Ibrahim Maaroufi (1989), Attila Filkor (1988), Jonathan Ludovic Biabiany (1988) and Goran Slavkowski (1989). Maaroufi and Slavkowski have already made their debuts, but hopefully all the guy's will do good. Plus Toldo is probably the starting keeper tonight. icon14.gif

saintdave

What does primavera mean Mat?

To take a guess and by looking at the year born of the players you listed would I be right in saying youth or reserve team players? Well Inter won the cup last season so will be eager to repeat it again.

Seddo

After Liverpools sh*te performance on Sunday rampage_ani.gif , alls i can say is

cryani.gif

Cuse510

After Liverpools sh*te performance on Sunday  rampage_ani.gif , alls i can say is

cryani.gif

I'm feeling quite the opposite, mate tounge.gif

Obviously Arsenal still have quite a bit of catching up to do, but 3-0 against a stong team like Liverpool is a step in the right direction. I just hope they can find some form of consistency...

saintdave

I see the footy desk is the latest topic on GTAF to suffer deletion of many previous pages, still seeing as the topic started back in 2003 I doubt anyone reads or even cares about the footy news from back then.

On the international front we (England) played a lot better than previous games had suggested and were unlucky to draw a strong Dutch team. The game ended 1-1 but we looked much better and Micah Richards showed real class and will surely be our number 2 (right back) at the 2010 WC.

Seddo

Stupid late piggin equalising goal angry.gif

saintdave

It was a combination of lack of concentration and poor defending. I must say it’s good to see England take friendlies more seriously these days, under Sven they were a joke.

Fans want to see the same commitment in friendlies that you would in WC or EC games.

Seddo

angry.gif Liverpool just cant seem to do anything playing away from home we dominated the game all the way through we had like 70% possesion, we had thousands of chances yet we still cant score. Hopefully this bad run will end soon.

saintdave

Yeah it’s safe to say this poor run of results and inability to score goals has knocked Liverpool out of the title hunt. I'd say even 4th place would be a challenge for them now but anything can change between now and the end of the season.

On a personal level we beat Leeds, quiet easily 3-0. With 2 goals from Rasiak putting him on 10 goals in 17 games. We are 2 points from the play-offs and 9 points behind Cardiff so we could still make it if we keep playing like that.

Boogie

Internazionale v Reggina 1-0

That was one of our toughest games so far. Crespos goal was a real beauty too. So with Palermo losing to Cagliari saturday, we are leading with three points. Roma is only four points behind after butchering Catania 7-0. Also Milanmerda tied with Empoli saturday, which leaves them to place 16. I Love it. biggrin.gif

Seddo

Roma won 7-0 wow.gif Catania must of played totaly sh*te lol.