Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,238 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

MyMothersMySister

...::[The Footy Desk]::...

flicko

Even though I'm far from an Arsenal fan, it was very refreshing to see Eduardo score twice last night. A great way to return and I hope he can get back to his best. Often injuries of this stature seriously damage the way a player recovers and performs when he's over the injury, and can force an early retirement. Let's hope this is not the case as Eduardo is definitely a future prospect. icon14.gif

Hodgey.
Glad that out of all players it was Timmy Cahill that scored. If only he can replicate his form for the national team.

I always forget about Australia's football team, onlt time they ever seem to get a decent mention is when the World Cup comes around. Like last time i saw them Kewell, Viduka, Cahill, Mike (goalkeeper aint going to bother trying to spell his last name) those guys still apart of the squad or not these days?

Waddy

6 years old and already being chased by the big clubs.

Hodgey.

The kid is f*cking good, but there seems to be a kid like this that comes out every 6 months or so, im no doubt that he will be a great player in years to come but its not like hes the first kid to be like this at that age. Wheter he makes it to the pros and is "The Next Cristiano Ronaldo" is to hard to tell at the moment because who knows what will happen to him in the future.

Hodgey.

No worse than when Pepe had a off day against you guys in 2006 (i think). Its alright its only the reserves anyway what do you think hes going to make it in our first squad? Hahaha please, he's english so he aint ever getting in, maybe if he was spanish maybe he would still have a chance.

Waddy

No worse than when Pepe had a off day against you guys in 2006 (i think). Its alright its only the reserves anyway what do you think hes going to make it in our first squad? Hahaha please, he's english so he aint ever getting in, maybe if he was spanish maybe he would still have a chance.

Rafa will bring him in and play him on the right wing.

Seddo

V0oNNt7d1gY

Just seen a bit about him when i got in from work.

Looks like a right ball greedy f*ck. Although he can do the tricks that doesn't mean he'll actually be a good footballer, he needs to be working on his passing, shooting and tackling rather than the fancy stuff and then it depends if he's got the footballing brain to make it in the big time. Besides he wont get away with doing all that when he's older and playing against older players. Definitely one to watch though.

That Setanta link crashes my internet pages and closes them...

Liverpool always seem to have the next big England keeper ever since David James, we've had Tony Warner, Chris Kirkland and Scott Carson and they don't really push on. James only become an England regular when he left Liverpool if i remember correctly.

flicko

Looks like a right ball greedy f*ck. Although he can do the tricks that doesn't mean he'll actually be a good footballer, he needs to be working on his passing, shooting and tackling rather than the fancy stuff and then it depends if he's got the footballing brain to make it in the big time. Besides he wont get away with doing all that when he's older and playing against older players. Definitely one to watch though.

You didn't think that maybe he already has all those attributes? The video only shows his skills, and nothing more. The video won't get a good response if it shows that a six year old boy can pass a ball or tackle. Cristiano Ronaldo is not World renowned for his passing and tackling ability. And with this kids skills, at such a young age, he's definitely got a head start over most in terms of getting to the top. Whether he'll get there is an entirely different story. He's six years old, hardly a time to commit to football, and if he does, the whole media coverage he is receiving and will receive could definitely be all too much. It's happened way too many times in the past. icon13.gif

Seddo

Like i said "Although he can do the tricks that doesn't mean he'll actually be a good footballer."

And i'm not on about learning all these attribute things now, i'm on about when he's older as skills will only get you so far.

flicko

And all I'm saying is, he's got the tricks, and therefore a big head start over others if he wants to make it big, and I'm also saying that he could well flourish in other attributes, though the video didn't show that for obvious reasons (a six year old being able to pass and tackle isn't going to get so much media coverage).

And i'm not on about learning all these attribute things now, i'm on about when he's older as skills will only get you so far.

Yeah, they only got Ronaldo so far. tounge.gif

Stefan.

Haha, good one flicko. tounge.gif

Great goal by Scholes this morning; I woke up the next door neighbours when he scored (it was just after 7:00 a.m.) but still, quite something to watch. Although I've seen better goals, the amount of power put behind the ball was... incredible. nervous.gif

5 points Seddo, 5 points. cool.gif

Hodgey.
5 points Seddo, 5 points. cool.gif

13 games Stefan, 13 games sly.gif

Hell of alot of football left yet, so no point in counting the points gap just yet. Just ask Newcastle they'll tell you.

kietotheworld

Paddy Power today paid out on United winning the Domestic Treble.

Hodgey.

WTF? Far from winning it yet so if they did id be surprised by them doing that at this stage.

kietotheworld

WTF? Far from winning it yet so if they did id be surprised by them doing that at this stage.

Why would I make it up? Go on their website if you don't believe me.

Waddy

Its true.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/M...200902315225830

Kind of a strange one. Wonder what the bet is that they dont?

kietotheworld

Its true.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/M...200902315225830

Kind of a strange one. Wonder what the bet is that they dont?

Still at 3/1 with Paddy Power to win it, would probably be about 1/4 that we don't, but PP don't offer odds on that.

Stefan.

I know Hodgey, don't remind me. moto_whistle.gif

0-0 draw between Shakhtar Donetsk and Tottenham Hotspur in the UEFA Cup from what I've heard. Seemed like a good match, looked a bit cold though.

Chunk

2 - 0 to Shakhtar Donetsk.

Bloody hell, Spurs were going great until 12 minutes before time. We're as good as out.

DuckPond

Im really impressed with Everton this season, with out Striker Crisis, we seem to have found a way to not be defeated. We had no strikers for about 6 weeks, and had to relie on a midfielder named Tm Cahill. He has scored in nearlly all of them. Even out youngsters seem to be scoring(Dan Gosling and Jack Rodwell) We seem to have a new striker now on loan from Man city called Joao. He scored in his Debut.

Just can't wait to Frash Newcastle United.

Der_Don

It's Derby-Time:

Schalke-Dortmund. I'm watching a Setanta Live-Stream.

Come on BvB inlove.gifcolgate.gif

Waddy

Chelsea beat the Villa.

Looks like they got that new manager syndrome.

Chelsea closing in on Liverpool eh?

flicko

Yet another fantastic result for us! Play-off hopefuls watch out, we're closing in fast! icon14.gif

mad.gif

Chunk

Yet another fantastic result for us! Play-off hopefuls watch out, we're closing in fast! icon14.gif

mad.gif

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm... tounge.gif

Edited by Chunk

kietotheworld
Chelsea beat the Villa.

Looks like they got that new manager syndrome.

Chelsea closing in on Liverpool eh?

I wouldn't go that far until Liverpool have actually played their match.

greebo-man

Oh, let me just check the Spurs scor- Oh yes thats right we never play matches at 3pm on a saturday anymore like every other team.

SILLY ME

Chunk

Oh, let me just check the Spurs scor- Oh yes thats right we never play matches at 3pm on a saturday anymore like every other team.

SILLY ME

Nope, instead we get the highly-wanted 8.00pm on Monday night.

Edited by Chunk

Girish

We beat Aston Villa!? mercie_blink.gif

Wow, the sacking of Scolari is working wonders already. sigh.gif

Edit: Err, I mean appointment of Hiddink is working wonders. tounge.gif

Edited by girishb

Seddo

SILLY ME

Welcome to the club.

United just let their first goal in 7 billion minutes, hopefully Blackburn can go a step further and win, but United have been untouchable as Wenger said the other day, can't really see United dropping any points at the moment tounge.gif.