3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

MyMothersMySister

...::[The Footy Desk]::...

Cuse510

Sorry to change the topic, but I just saw a headline on Soccernet.com that could reduce even the strongest of American soccer fans to tears:

Eriksson linked with U.S. coaching vacancy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! nervous.gif

If they give Sven the job, they are just admitting that the USA does not care about soccer...

JoeyLeone25

Sven = Legend (now he's left!!!!)

Premiership Goals - 17th September 2006

Goals from the games Everton vs Wigan, Charlton vs Portsmouth and Sheffield United vs Reading.

Wednesday lost 2-1 to Hull on friday. Hull are gay.

saintdave

Quite a boring day for Premiership football yesterday, the only exciting match for me was the Everton v Wigan game. Doesn’t improve my opinion after Pompey won again and have yet to concede angry.gif

On a personal level I'm delighted with another victory for Saints yesterday, another clean sheet too, all of which has pushed us up to 4th.

JoeyLeone25

Chelsea vs Liverpool - Drogba Goal

Didier Drogba's brilliantly played half-volley goal from the Chelsea vs Liverpool game which ended up being the winner in the end.

Chelsea vs Liverpool - Highlights

Highlights from the Chelsea vs Liverpool game which ended 1-0 to Chelsea, with Didier Drogba scoring a beautiful half-volley on the turn. Video also includes Ballacks sending off.

-----------

Good game in the end, Ballack's sending off slowed Chelsea down and kind of ruined the game, but apart from that it was a very good match or to use an old cliche; 'it was end to end stuff'. Drogba's goal was bleeding beautiful and Liverpool had plenty of chances to draw level or even win the game, but it wasn't there day today.

Cuse510

Cuse510 bursts in singing "One-Nil to the Arsenal!"

Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the game because my foreign sports channel wasn't showing it, but great result (if you're a Gunner fan wink.gif ). Of course Arsenal still have way to go, but this victory is a huge step in the right direction.

JoeyLeone25
Cuse510 bursts in singing "One-Nil to the Arsenal!"

Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the game because my foreign sports channel wasn't showing it, but great result (if you're a Gunner fan wink.gif ). Of course Arsenal still have way to go, but this victory is a huge step in the right direction.

Do you wish to make love to me now or later? biggrin.gif

Manchester United vs Arsenal - Highlights

Highlights from the match between Manchester United and Arsenal. Which saw Arsenal's Gilberto Silva have a penalty saved after only 7 minutes in and Emmanuel Adebayor score the winner on 84 minutes for Arsenal. It ended Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal.

Manchester United vs Arsenal - Adebayor Goal

Emmanuel Adebayor's goal for Arsenal which won them the match against Manchester United.

Arsenal totally ran the game, at one point they had 68% possesion compared to Man Utd's 38% which is MASSIVE! They battled forward well, held strong at the back and most importantly found it quite easy to hold the ball for large periods, on United's turf. Adebayor's goal was beautifully done and Arsenal got there rewards for the possession they had during the game. My only gripe? How can Gallas wear Super Bergkamps numero 10? French scum.

Cuse510

Do you wish to make love to me now or later? biggrin.gif

Anytime you want, mate wink.gif

Wow, what a save from Lehmann on Solksjaer's shot. I'm surprised he could still think straight after taking that rocket in the face earlier tounge.gif

saintdave

Lehmann is a funny one. At one point he'll come dashing from his line and attempt to punch clear a ball he almost inevitably misses and another point he'll pull off world class saves, many of which he did yesterday.

Great goal by Drogba too, he's such an infuriating player. He gets on the fans nerves when he dives about the place, but its moments like that where you can respect what a good player he can be.

JoeyLeone25

Xabi Alonso Wonder Goal

Xabi Alonso's wonder goal vs Newcastle. He scored from inside his own half, around 70yrds from Newcastle's goal.

Liverpool vs Newcastle Goals

Goals from the match between Liverpool and Newcastle which saw Xabi Alonso score a wonder-goal and Kuyt score his first goal for Liverpool.

Check out my YouTube Page - Football Heaven

Xabi Alonso's goal was a beauty...well, Harper slipping made it a beauty... tounge.gif

saintdave

Quite a few upsets in the Carling Cup last night with Man City, Fulham, Boro and Derby out. Third round draw is on Saturday with the big teams from the Premiership entering, I hope we get Pompey wink.gif

JoeyLeone25
Quite a few upsets in the Carling Cup last night with Man City, Fulham, Boro and Derby out. Third round draw is on Saturday with the big teams from the Premiership entering, I hope we get Pompey wink.gif

Aston Villa vs Sc*nthope Goals

Goals from the Carling Cup match between Aston Villa and Sc*nthorpe.

Barnsley vs MK Dons Goals

Highlights and goals from the Carling Cup match between Barnsley and MK Dons.

Chesterfield vs Man City Goals

Highlights and goals from the Carling Cup match between Chesterfield and Manchester City.

Crewe vs Wigan Goals

Highlights and goals from the Carling Cup match between Crewe Alex and Wigan Athletic.

Doncaster vs Derby Goals

Highlights and goals from the Carling Cup match between Doncaster and Derby.

Fulham vs Wycombe Goals

Highlights and goals from the Carling Cup match between Fulham and Wycombe.

Leeds vs Barnet Goals

Highlights and goals from the Carling Cup match between Leeds and Barnet.

Middlesbrough vs Notts County Goal

Highlights and goals from the Carling Cup match between Middlesbrough and Notts County.

Port Vale vs QPR Goals

Highlights and goals from the Carling Cup match between Port Vale and QPR.

---------------------------------------------------

Middsbrough and Southgate must be kicking themselves to say they lost to a team around 70 places below them in the Football League and Man City getting beat even though they had a full strength squad out... lol.gif

saintdave

Joey you left out the biggest win of the 2nd round wow.gif

The quality isn’t as good as those others you have provided but still shows another great win for the Saints!

Millwall 0 Saints 4

Crokey
... and Man City getting beat even though they had a full strength squad out... lol.gif

Bunch of useless tossers, although I'm not miffed at some of the squad or with Pearce, I'm miffed off with those who encouraged, helped and wanted SWP to go to Chelsea, ripped the heart out of the team that did, biggest mistake since we sacked Peter Reid back in the 90's and didn't bother signing Figo because the scout thought 'he's not worth it'. You think a team would've learned from something like that wouldn't you, but not City were f**king dense that way. Not only that we're trying to get back on our feet after the spending spree of Keegan, which in some ways was nessesary for some players to keep us in the Prem but most, pft naw.

saintdave

I saw the clips of the Man City game on ITV last night, Dunne played really poor and was just all over the place making mistakes.

As much as I like Pearce as a manager, he can’t blame himself for the defeat, at the end of the day it’s the people on the pitch that are playing the game.

JoeyLeone25

Premiership Goals - 23rd September 200

Premiership goals from the 23rd September, including; Chelsea vs Fulham, Reading vs Man Utd, Arsenal vs Sheff Utd and Aston Villa vs Charlton.

Liverpool vs Tottenham Goals

Goals from Liverpool vs Spurs (23rd September 2006). Mark Gonzalez scored the first for Liverpool in the 62nd minute, while Kuyt added a second after 72 minutes (his first goal in front of the Kop) and Risse topped off the 3-0 win with a beautiful screamer from 30yrds out.

Newcastle vs Everton Goals

Goals from Newcastle vs Everton including Ameobi's dubious goal that seemed to be offside and Timmy Cahill's header from a beautiful Mikel Arteta cross.

Bad week for Wednesday. Lost again. 2-1 to bleeding Derby. sad.gif

saintdave

Another great win for Saints, came from behind twice to beat Burnley 3-2. Rasiak with 9 goals now in the Championship.

Carling Cup draw (third round) here -

Wycombe v Doncaster

Sheffield United v Birmingham

Leicester v Aston Villa

Watford v Hull

Leeds v Southend

Chesterfield v West Ham

Notts County v Southampton

Newcastle v Portsmouth

Charlton v Bolton

Liverpool v Reading

West Brom v Arsenal

Port Vale v Norwich

Everton v Luton

MK Dons v Tottenham

Crewe v Manchester United

Blackburn v Chelsea

Ties to be played the week commencing 23 October.

Boogie

Yet another dissapointment in Champions League. Zlatan got dismissed, Grosso got dismissed and did any of our players score? No, no they didn't. So after two CL games we have no goals, no points and two players can't play in the next match. icon14.gif

saintdave

It is looking bleak for Inter in the Champions League I must say, but with 4 games to go it is still possible for you to make it.

Nothing major to report on the English front, sure some teams competed last night and Tuesday night but everyone knows how those matches went.

JamesHarris135

im going to kill Kelvin Davies mad.gif

JoeyLeone25

Man Utd vs Benfica

The Louis Saha goal and match winner from this Champions League Group Stage match.

Arsenal vs Porto

Goals from the Champions League game between Arsenal and Hamburg which saw Arsenal come away 2-0 winners with goals from Thierry Henry and Alexander Hleb.

Celtic vs Copenhagen

Nakamura's penalty from Celtic vs Copenhagen which ended up being the winning goal for the home side.

CSKA Moscow vs Hamburg

Goal and highlights from Champions League game between CSKA Moscow and Hamburg.

Spartak Moscow vs Sporting

Goals from Spartak Moscow vs Sporting, including a beautiful goal from the Spartak player Boyarintsev. Also watch out for the Spartak player when Sporting score, he seems to take a little tumble over the advertising boards!

Liverpool vs Galatasaray

All FIVE goals from Liverpool vs Galatasaray in the Champions League including Crouch's brilliant overhead kick, Umit Karan's header's that brought the Turkish side back into the game, Crouch's first and a header from the small yet versatile Garcia. The match finished 3-2 to Liverpool and contained some great, great football.

Barcelona vs Werder Bremen

Highlights from Barcelona vs Werder Bremen. A Carlos Puyol own goal saw Bremen go 1-0, until the young Argentinian star Lionel Messi scored in the 89th minute for Barca, to make the match 1-1.

Chelsea vs Levski Sofia

Highlights from Chelsea vs Levski Sofia which saw Didier Drogba score his first Highlights from Chelsea vs Levski Sofia which saw Didier Drogba score his first Champions League hat-trick for Chelsea and Sofia score there first Champions League goal. The Premiership Champions won the match 3-1.

Valencia vs Roma

Highlights from Valencia vs Roma which saw the Spanish side win 2-1. Miguel Angulo put Valencia 1-0 up, before Totti's penalty leveled the score 1-1 and 30 minutes in David Villa scored the winner for Valencia.

Inter Milan vs Bayern Munich

Highlights from Inter Milan vs Bayern Munich which ended 2-0 to Bayern, but it finished with controversy as Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Fabio Grosso were both sent off for Inter. Pizarro and Podolski scored the goals for Bayern.

Shakhtar Donetsk vs Olympiakos

Highlights from the game between the Ukrainian side Shakhtar and the Greek side Highlights from the game between the Ukrainian side Shakhtar and the Greek side Olympiacos which ended 2-2.

AC Milan vs Lille

Highlights from AC Milan vs Lille in the Champions League.

AEK Athens vs Anderlecht

Highlights from AEK Athens vs Anderlecht in the Champions League which finished 1-1.

Real Madrid vs Dynamo Kiev

Highlights from Real Madrid vs Dynamo Kiev which finished 5-1 to the Spanish side. Van The Man scored two while Guti and Raul also got on the scoresheet.

Steaua Bucuresti vs Lyon

Hightlights from Steaua Bucuresti vs Lyon in the Champions League which ended 3-0 to the French side.

Robin Van Persie Goal

Robin Van Persie's second goal and a brilliant volley against Charlton.

Premiership Goals - 30th September 2006

Goals from the games, including Chelsea vs Aston Villa which saw Deadly Drogba strike again, Charlton vs Arsenal which was worth watching for Van Persie's wonderstrike alone, Sheffield United vs Middlesbrough which saw the Sheffield side take there first win the campaign and Everton vs Man City, which finished all square after a last night Micah Richards header saved Man City a point.

- - - - -

Wednesday were beaten 1-0 yesterday, putting us on the bottom of the league. Woop-de-f*cking-do!

saintdave
im going to kill Kelvin Davies mad.gif

You another Saints fan?

If so you’re welcome to the footy chat. Yeah it was a really stupid error to make, he could and should have just cleared it, even for a throw would have done. Massive game v Cardiff next week.

JoeyLeone25

Scotland vs France

Gary Caldwell's goal which has made him a king in Scotland as he scored the winning goal against 2006 World Cup finalists France in the Euro 2008 qualifiers.

Wales vs Slovakia

All six goals from Wales vs Slovakia which saw Wales go down 5-1 on home turf. Mintal bagged a brace, while Karhan, Vittek and Svento added the other goals. Yet Wales did have something to smile about as Bale (the youngest player ever to play for Wales) scored a beautiful free-kick from around 25 yards out.

Russia vs Israel

Goals from Russia vs Israel in the European Championships qualifying groups. 1-1 was the final score.

Croatia vs Andorra

Goals from Croatia vs Andorra in the European Championships qualifiers. 7-0 to Croatia was the final score.

Czech Republic vs San Marino

Goals from Czech Republic vs San Marino in the European Championship qualifiers. 7-0 to the Czechs was the final score.

Latvia vs Iceland

Goals from Latvia vs Iceland in the European Championship qualifiers. 4-0 to Latvia was the final score.

Bulgaria vs Holland *****

Goals from Bulgaria vs Holland in the European Championship qualifiers. 1-1 was the final score.

Greece vs Norway

Goals from Greece vs Norway in the European Championship qualifiers. 1-0 to Greece was the final score.

Hungary vs Turkey

Goals from Hungary vs Turkey in the European Championship qualifiers. 1-0 to Turkey was the final score.

Finland vs Armenia

Finland vs Armenia in the European Championship qualifiers. 0-0 was the final score.

Kazakhstan vs Poland

Goals from Kazakhstan vs Poland in the European Championship qualifiers. 1-0 to Poland was the final score.

Portugal vs Azerbaijan

Goals from Portugal vs Azerbaijan in the European Championship qualifiers. 3-0 to Portugal was the final score.

England vs Macedonia Highlights - 6 minutes

Highlights from the England vs Macedonia Euro 2008 qualifying match. It finished 0-0 which is a great result for Macedonia away from home, however both sides had chances to win the game, England more so than Macedonia. The away team had an header that just went inches over Robinson's bar, while Peter, Crouch and Wayne Rooney brough great saves from Jane Nikoloski and Steven Gerrard smashed the bar from around 30 yards out.

England played poorly yesterday and Macedonia played well, it was only the last 20/10 minutes which saw England turn it on and attack Macedonia, but it was too late then.

saintdave

Thanks for posting these Joey, I had contemplated doing it myself today due to the lack of activity around here.

England were very poor, it just makes me think if we cant beat Macedonia then what chance do we have at an international trophy. I don’t blame McClaren for the poor draw either as he let them stick with 4-4-2 after toying with using the 3-5-2. Players just seemed out of sorts.

Cuse510

You think England were poor, Dave? Ireland lost 5-2 to Cyprus. Yes, CYPRUS. I know they had injuries to some key guys, but there is no excuse for losing so badly to a team like Cyprus. Truly pathetic. The Irish are already calling for Staunton's head and he's been in charge less than a year...

JoeyLeone25

Australia vs Bahrain

Goals from Australia vs Bahrain which ended 2-0 to the Aussies. Aloisi got the first, while Bresciano scored a beaufifully acrobatic second just minutes later.

Marco Bresciano Goal

Marco Bresciano's excellent volley from the Australia vs Bahrain match.

Brazil vs Ecuador

Goals from the International Friendly between Brazil and Ecuador which ended 2 - 0 to the Brazillians.Borja put the Brazillians ahead with a good header, before Valencia was sent off moments later for elbowing a Brazillian player in the throat. Brazil then turned on the flair with Fred scoring just before half-time due to a defensive lapse and Kaka sealed the victory on 74 minutes sweeping home Ronaldinho's cross.

Few fussball goals for you...

JoeyLeone25

What can thee say? England failed in every department tonight. Rio, Terry and Carragher all as full backs doesn't work, the players on the wings were never utalised, bar Cole and Rooney might have been good at holding the ball up, but he couldn't pass, play or shoot for sh*t and the same goes for Crouch tonight. Macca made a FATAL mistake in changing the tactics as Andy Gray said; "you don't experiment in a qualifying game away from home against your toughest opponents in the group."

Paul Robinson Blooper

Paul Robinson completely misses the ball as it rolls under his foot and into the back of the net.

Croatia vs England

Goals from the Euro 2008 qualifying match between Croatia and England which ended 2-0 to the Croatians. Eduardo scored 15 minutes into the second half with a sweet header, before a Paul Robinson error saw the Croatians go 2-0 up. The Croatians are yet to be beaten on home soil in a competitive international match.

Scotland vs Ukraine

Goals from Scotland vs Ukraine which was played in Kiev and saw the Ukrainians win 2-0. The goals came from Oleksandr Kucher who smashed the ball in after a mix-up in the box and a Andriy Shevchenko penalty sealed the win. Five minutes before the end salt was really rubbed into Scottish wounds as Steven Pressley was sent off for taking Andriy Shevchenko down.

saintdave

3-5-2 just doesn’t suit us, it never has an English national team and as Joey said to experiment with this formation in an important qualifying match was ludicrous.

Not sure how long until our next match now but some major re-thinking needs to be done and if he (McLaren) wants to toy with the formation he should do so in an upcoming friendly.

Crokey
Scotland vs Ukraine

Goals from Scotland vs Ukraine which was played in Kiev and saw the Ukrainians win 2-0. The goals came from Oleksandr Kucher who smashed the ball in after a mix-up in the box and a Andriy Shevchenko penalty sealed the win. Five minutes before the end salt was really rubbed into Scottish wounds as Steven Pressley was sent off for taking Andriy Shevchenko down.

A bit miffed with this one, Scotland weren't bad, they weren't setting the world alight either, but it wasn't helped by the 'Ukrainian' Ref, a shure-fire homer he was.

JoeyLeone25

Wales vs Cyprus

Goals from the game between Wales and Cyprus which ended 3-1 to the Welsh boys. Koumas scored first with a header, before Earnshaw doubled the lead a few minutes later after converting Bellamy's low cross, before Bellamy himself scored a beautiful goal on 72 minutes. However the Cypriots got themselves a consolation goal, and what a goal it was as Okkas chipped the Welsh keeper and placed it nicely into the back of the net.

Ireland vs Czech Republic

Goals from the Republic of Ireland vs Czech Republic game which finished 1-1. Kevin Kilbane knocked in Duff's pass from close range on 62 minutes, yet almost instantly the Czechs replied with Jan Koller shooting hard and low into the bottom corner.

Italy vs Georgie

Goals from Italy vs Georgia which saw the Italians go home with a 3-1 win under there belt. Rossi scored the first, before the Georgians equalised, and it took Italy until the 63rd minute to go back into the lead with a Camoranesi header before Perrota put away a third to seal all three points.

Sweden vs Iceland

Goals from Sweden vs Iceland which finished 2-1 to Sweden.

Liechtenstein vs Denmark

Goals from Liechtenstein vs Denmark which finished 4-0 to Denmark.

Kazakhstan vs Finland

Goals from Kazakhstan vs Finland which finished 2-0 to Finland.

Turkey vs Moldova

Goals from Turkey vs Moldova which finished 5-0 to Turkey.

Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Greece

Goals from Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Greece which finished 4-0 to Greece.

France vs Faroe Islands

Goals from France vs Faroe Islands which ended 5-0 to the French. Saha, Henry, Anelka and a brace from Trezeguet sealed France the victory.

Enjoy lads...

Seddo

What a f*cking sh*ty game, 2 f*cking 0 what a joke.

Macca was all looking rosie with his recent wins but now a 0-0 and a 2-0 the tides have turned.

Why use a tactic that the players very rarely use? notify.gif