1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

hot-devil

Did Vic Vance die in Vice City, Circa. 1986?

In your opinion, who died at the beginning of Vice City?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, who died at the beginning of Vice City?

• Pete Vance
    • Victor Vance
    • Not sure

nickstemoeilijk
That picture of the official Vice City site shouldn't be considered a source. You know why? Even though it's their OFFICIAL website Vance Crime Family didn't exist back then in 2002 when VC came out. Vance Crime Family and the unnamed brothers came in VCS. Yeah he said my "brother" because it was supposed to be one and he was unnamed. In VCS they made Vic as the protagonist and Pete as their third brother. His illness gets solved later on (surely) and Vic gives Pete the position and that police report thinks that guy is Victor as he's the main criminal.

That's a theory to prove Pete is the dead dealer.

That theory PROVES nothing, it only makes assumptions.

The other theory, being the one with the website, looks a lot more plausible.

And yes it's true that Victor is absolutely against crime, drugs and violence. But let's not forget... The man did end up owning a whole crime empire at the end of VCS.

QwertyAAA

The graffiti in GTA IV means nothing. It just means we'll never see them again. However, in their own canon, they might still be alive.

Horatio Humboldt

I think the graffiti was R*s way of confirming that it was Vic who died (They just did it in a very subtle way). All the evidence points to it being Vic... Trust me guys, I wish it wasn't but I think we have to accept it and move on.

[WoW]

i don't ever think there was a third why wouldn't vic or lance mention him

Stefan.
I think the graffiti was R*s way of confirming that it was Vic who died (They just did it in a very subtle way). All the evidence points to it being Vic... Trust me guys, I wish it wasn't but I think we have to accept it and move on.

What do you mean, all of the evidence? The guy that dies in Vice City has a Spanish accent, yet Vic had an American accent. notify.gif

Flesh-n-Bone

Victor in the end tells Lance to get rid of the 20 kg's of cocaine. He says OK, but hides it. Then Victor leaves Vice later on with Lance and Pete. Victor is then aware that Lance still has the coke and wants to get to Vice City again, selling them... He tells him to go and never talk to him with Pete who poses as Vic and the story goes on in the VC intro.

Horatio Humboldt

What do you mean, all of the evidence? The guy that dies in Vice City has a Spanish accent, yet Vic had an American accent.

That's because Vic was only meant to be in the cutscene, it was long before VCS was conceived. He was remodled and fleshed out in VCS to make him cooler as a playable character. It wouldn't have made any difference to the story if Vic had been green in VC. Anyway.... R* are not going to clear up this matter so I guess people have to go with their opinion.

nickstemoeilijk
Victor in the end tells Lance to get rid of the 20 kg's of cocaine. He says OK, but hides it. Then Victor leaves Vice later on with Lance and Pete. Victor is then aware that Lance still has the coke and wants to get to Vice City again, selling them... He tells him to go and never talk to him with Pete who poses as Vic and the story goes on in the VC intro.

But how do you know?

You're just making assumptions right? Because I can't seem to remember anything like that.

Anyway, I think R* really intentionally made it this way so there's an option to choose which of the 2 brothers dies.

Flesh-n-Bone

But how do you know?

You're just making assumptions right? Because I can't seem to remember anything like that.

Anyway, I think R* really intentionally made it this way so there's an option to choose which of the 2 brothers dies.

Yeah, I just said a theory, there's hundredth of them spreading so it's one extra. And if it's up to options then VIC IS ALIVE!

TT1987

I think Vic was meant to be alive with the inclusion of Pete.

Flesh-n-Bone

I think Vic was meant to be alive with the inclusion of Pete.

Yeah. They liked Victor so they made Pete and changed their story which was rather funny. They could just make Pete as the protagonist and all this mystery would go down. If Vic weren't a protagonist half of the people couldn't give a sh*t about him dying.

Paudge

He died! Just accept it! Move on...I have after a brief minute silence!

--Vega--

I'm one of the people that think Vic died, that guy in Vice City resembles Vic too much for it to not be him.

GtaRampager95

Vic Vance Died! It's never a good beginning of a good ending for Vic Vance. Vic In Vice city sounded like he was a Puerto Rican man in Vice city. But as in the beginning of Vice City the deal was ambushed by some Unknown people.

tommy vs. claude

Wouldn't Vic try to get revenge if it was Pete?

TT1987
He died! Just accept it! Move on...I have after a brief minute silence!

Is that a fact?

Stefan.

I'm gonna ask if a mod can make a poll...Vic or Pete Vance.

Good idea?

--Vega--

Exactly. I'm almost 100% sure it was Vic that died.

TT1987

Exactly. I'm almost 100% sure it was Vic that died.

And I'm almost 100% sure it was Pete.

Maxrevv

just imagine if pete died at the early of the game n lance at the end mission..

vic would surely take revenge on tommy vercetti for lance's death and went on to kill..

maybe during their battle,both died... (as depicted in gta 4 where the name of tommy and vic appered as R.I.P and 'We will miss you'..

for me...it makes total sense...that pete and lance died first...

following vic after...

crazymodder

what i imagine about, its Vic who died.

ZOMGACOW

Why would they kill of Vic Vance? It doesn't make sense to kill off a main character...

the_don94
Why would they kill of Vic Vance? It doesn't make sense to kill off a main character...

Uh... I'm not completely sure I understand your post. Victor Vance was supposedly killed in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories is the prequel and tells Vic Vance's story.

jnzooger
I thought I settled this over a year ago sneaky2.gif .  This is found on the original Vice City Website:

Vice City Official Website

user posted image

did anyone even notice this, vance crime family only has two members, this is on the VC website not the VCS website

I realize how old this post is, but since it was bumped back up, I shall say again... Thanks for the credit willy sarcasm.gif

Obviously my opinion is the same as this guy. Another good argument about the accent is, well, maybe it's faked. It doesn't even sound like a real Colombian accent. As for the looks, ever looked at Phil between III and VC, or even VC and VCS?

Flesh-n-Bone

Vance Crime Family didn't even exist at the time they made VC. Also this is a simple police report. Lance returns with his brother, we don't know which, the police think it's Vic so they put in his name but it's obviously not, look at his face on the intro as well as his accent. Tell me when did Vic laugh like a psycho, he didn't laugh when he was 'rich at last' let alone on a deal he obviously didn't want.

jnzooger

If you re-read my post, you will see I answered that already. He could have been putting on an act to hide his identity because he is back in VC where he was told he would be killed if he ever sold drugs again.

But, judging from your previous posts, no amount of arguing will change your mind. dozingoff.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
If you re-read my post, you will see I answered that already. He could have been putting on an act to hide his identity because he is back in VC where he was told he would be killed if he ever sold drugs again.

But, judging from your previous posts, no amount of arguing will change your mind. dozingoff.gif

So what you say is that he told someone to be posing as him in the deal? That's a good thought, could be it.

jnzooger

Nope, I'm saying it is him, but he is posing as a Colombian so that Diaz doesn't know it's him. But he screwed up and got killed. tounge.gif

lolelol

vic vance has died, in some missons near to the misson that you have to kill diaz, lance says about diaz killed his brother (pete wasn't comenteded in this game so it can be vic), in another misson more in the begining lance says about his brother white dead whife (loise), that apear in VCS, but in VC there are no coments about pete maybe he died.

Edited by lolelol

the_don94

Vic and Louise never got married.