1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

hot-devil

Did Vic Vance die in Vice City, Circa. 1986?

In your opinion, who died at the beginning of Vice City?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, who died at the beginning of Vice City?

• Pete Vance
    • Victor Vance
    • Not sure

TheDude5000

Here's some pics:

user posted image

user posted image

nutboy

Actually if you go to wikepedia.com and you search it you will come up with a picture of the man who died in 1986 (VS) tied to victor vance. i think that the guy you played as in VCS is doomed to be killed. I think pete was a cheap reason to get vic to do waht he does for money bored.gif

beast^-^

I'm pretty sure it's Pete who got killed in the beginning of Vice City.

badjab
I'm pretty sure it's Pete who got killed in the beginning of Vice City.

goddammit, why the f*ck do we even bother!?!?! angry.gifsad.gifmad.gif

everytime we put all the proof out there, someone just comes and sh*ts on our heads when they have no proof or good reason to believe what they say, yes vic was the best protagonist imo and no i dont want him to die but i can accept the truth

DarthTemplar
Actually if you go to wikepedia.com and you search it you will come up with a picture of the man who died in 1986 (VS) tied to victor vance. i think that the guy you played as in VCS is doomed to be killed. I think pete was a cheap reason to get vic to do waht he does for money bored.gif

Like I said before he doesn't look anything like Victor vance from VCS. He has HAIR, he is a big fat guy and he looks half italian. It sounds like you just looked at two pictures of them and tried to make the connection

goddammit, why the f*ck do we even bother!?!?! angry.gif sad.gif mad.gif

everytime we put all the proof out there, someone just comes and sh*ts on our heads when they have no proof or good reason to believe what they say, yes vic was the best protagonist imo and no i dont want him to die but i can accept the truth

Whoa calm down. This is mainly an opinion topic. There is proof on both sides of either consequence so why are you flaming him for having an opinion?

badjab
Actually if you go to wikepedia.com and you search it you will come up with a picture of the man who died in 1986 (VS) tied to victor vance. i think that the guy you played as in VCS is doomed to be killed.  I think pete was a cheap reason to get vic to do waht he does for money bored.gif

Like I said before he doesn't look anything like Victor vance from VCS. He has HAIR, he is a big fat guy and he looks half italian. It sounds like you just looked at two pictures of them and tried to make the connection

Whoa calm down. This is mainly an opinion topic. There is proof on both sides of either consequence so why are you flaming him for having an opinion?

i didnt flame him at all, i just expressed my opinion in an aggressive way colgate.gif and it seems painfully obvious that the so called proof claiming that vic didnt die is not at all connected to anything official.

nutboy
Actually if you go to wikepedia.com and you search it you will come up with a picture of the man who died in 1986 (VS) tied to victor vance. i think that the guy you played as in VCS is doomed to be killed.  I think pete was a cheap reason to get vic to do waht he does for money bored.gif

i never had to make the conection my self. i know that the brother from VC looks and sounds different but in the list of character in vc or vcs in wiki you will find a picture of the vance brother and it is tittled VICTOR VANCE. i never had to make any connection and im sure there is more evidence from official media rather than fans and if you think about i dont think they were planning on making vcs when making vc. Mabye they thought the untold story of vic vance would be a good one but they thought he didnt look like protagonist material so they took the hair, size and accent. (even if i havent convined you i hope i have given a strong case). colgate.gif

Cyper

I am sure about that Vic actually died in VC. When Vic took over business around town, starting to deal drugs, Ricardo probably saw him as a threat because Vic was growing so fast. However, he didn't kill him at once since he knew Vic was going to kill the Mendez Brothers in the last mission. When the Mendez brothers were killed Vic and Lance said that they were going to take It cool for a while and they both probably left Vice for a while. When they came back they started to work agian and Vic were gundowned doing the deal - Gundowned by Diaz men. If It wasn't Vic being killed in the first intro in VC, why didn't he appear in VC since he had extremely much control and power? Lance even said that he's brother were killed and his ''white lady'' wich should be Loise.

That's my opinion. I am not saying that It's true, but I believe in It.

k_jap

...but Louise died in VCS, i.e. two years prior to Vic's (possible) death, so whatever "white lady" Lance referred to couldn't have been her. You sure the "white" didn't refer to the color of the coke? The guy who gets shot in the cut scene doesn't look like Vic, that's obvious. Then again he doesn't look like your standard Columbian henchman either, 'spite of the accent. But it's kinda strange they would portray Lance's brother with that accent. That, however, is the only thing that doesn't make sense. They tell us there are two brothers, one who's a pilot and one who's the leader of operations. The only two people who are featured prominently (as pertains our problem) in that cutscene is Lance and the dude with the accent. Later on we learn from Lance himself that his broher got wasted in a drug deal (or at the very least that may be inferred from how Lance puts it forward). That can only mean that it WAS Vic who got shot in the cutscene - sorry. The accent is an obvious f*ckup on the part of R*: There's no reason Lance's bro (even in 1984, even in VC, i.e. before anyone knew anything about the Vic from VCS) would have a "Columbian" accent. But it's just a f*ckup. It's Lance's brother who dies in that cutscene. And that brother is Vic. From what we learn about Pete in VCS he sounds very much like a kid. So I find it very hard to believe he appears on the scene two years later looking like a man in his fourties.

Smiley001
his ''white lady'' wich should be Loise.

Actualy the term "White Lady" means cocaine. Remember?

Lance: I want what you want brother!

Tommy: Oh yeah? And what's that?

Lance: Your green and my dead brother's "white lady" (meaning the cocaine he lost in the deal)

Louise wasn't even thought up yet when they made VC.

badjab
his ''white lady'' wich should be Loise.

Actualy the term "White Lady" means cocaine. Remember?

Lance: I want what you want brother!

Tommy: Oh yeah? And what's that?

Lance: Your green and my dead brother's "white lady" (meaning the cocaine he lost in the deal)

Louise wasn't even thought up yet when they made VC.

exactly!

JediLucas5

Vic dies in "Vice City" in that huge drug bust. Surprisingly, it's all his dumb brothers fault (Lance Vance). Vic wanted nothing to do with the cocaine and was probably just trying to get it off his hands. Ended up getting killed in the fray, making it all his stupid brothers fault. I worshiped Tommy once he took Lance out.

Edited by JediLucas5

Cyper
...but Louise died in VCS, i.e. two years prior to Vic's (possible) death, so whatever "white lady" Lance referred to couldn't have been her. You sure the "white" didn't refer to the color of the coke? The guy who gets shot in the cut scene doesn't look like Vic, that's obvious. Then again he doesn't look like your standard Columbian henchman either, 'spite of the accent. But it's kinda strange they would portray Lance's brother with that accent. That, however, is the only thing that doesn't make sense. They tell us there are two brothers, one who's a pilot and one who's the leader of operations. The only two people who are featured prominently (as pertains our problem) in that cutscene is Lance and the dude with the accent. Later on we learn from Lance himself that his broher got wasted in a drug deal (or at the very least that may be inferred from how Lance puts it forward). That can only mean that it WAS Vic who got shot in the cutscene - sorry. The accent is an obvious f*ckup on the part of R*: There's no reason Lance's bro (even in 1984, even in VC, i.e. before anyone knew anything about the Vic from VCS) would have a "Columbian" accent. But it's just a f*ckup. It's Lance's brother who dies in that cutscene. And that brother is Vic. From what we learn about Pete in VCS he sounds very much like a kid. So I find it very hard to believe he appears on the scene two years later looking like a man in his fourties.

Yeah, she died. Like Smiley001 wrote Lance most have meant the cocain when he said ''white lady''. I think that Rockstar Games just picked the character from the first cutscene in Vice City and gave him the name Victor Vance. That's probably why the accent is wrong. They actually never had a plan of doing Vice City stories when VC was made, I guess. It would have been fun to know who was the voice actor to Vic in VC.

GamerShotgun
Here's some pics:

user posted image

user posted image

His face looks exactly the same as the guy killed in the first cutscene of VC...

As far as i know, that was Victor's original, beta skin so....

k_jap

Yep. R.I.P. Vic Vance, no question about it. The only problem in all of this, is that damn cutscene at the beginning of VC. I know Rockstar had no idea then (well, probably not anyway) that they would make VCS, and thus weren't thinking in terms of a coherent "story-line", but it still puzzles me that they would portray Lance's brother as having a South-American accent. If it weren't for this one detail, it wouldn't be a problem. The fact that Vic looks different in the VC-cutscene from how he appears in Stories is no big deal. People's looks change. And the dude in the cutscene looks enough like Vic to make it stick, so to speak. But that damn accent will always make it possible for die-hards to claim it wasn't him.

I think people need to ask themselves the following two questions: 1) Is it possible to interpret what we know in a manner which allows us to think Vic Vance is not dead? Answer: Sure. It'll always be possible, given the fact R* didn't have VCS in mind when they made that infamous cutscene. 2) Do R* themselves mean to imply to us, the gamers, that Vic Vance died two years after the events in VCS? Answer: Yeah. I most certainly think they do.

Edited by k_jap

DEADP00L
Here's some pics:

user posted image

user posted image

His face looks exactly the same as the guy killed in the first cutscene of VC...

As far as i know, that was Victor's original, beta skin so....

Weren't those pics from a mod and not beta?

Anyway, we don't know if Vic died or not. R* didn't have VCS in their minds while creating VC, so Vic looking and sounding different (if it was him) and 'changing' in VCS is called retconning.

sheek...

My opinion is that it was Vic that was killed simply because its so much emphasis on the brother factor of lance runs the business with vic *****SPOILER*****and at the end of VCS lance states that he got a load in another town, its the same load that the vance boys got robbed for. Vice City portrays the life of a druglord living in the glitz of the 80's, so in saying that its not everyday you come across 20 kilos and sell them a week later, more proof of that is the vance boys never had a supplier they were robbing people for their kicks (kilos) im sure everyone heard this before what comes around goes around. On that note ask yourself what druglord you know that is old saying "im a retired drug dealer" their not any, the ones that aren't locked up are dead. It don't matter what your reason is for selling drugs weather it be mom don't work, pops is a cluck (crack user), or even the terminally ill family member 9 times out of 10 bad things will follow. Watch the movie PAID IN FULL true story

k_jap

"Anyway, we don't know if Vic died or not. R* didn't have VCS in their minds while creating VC, so Vic looking and sounding different (if it was him) and 'changing' in VCS is called retconning."

Well said and all true. We don't know and never will as there is no single, complete and coherent story to back up any side's theories. R* didn't create the cutscene with VCS in mind, period. But do they NOW, after VCS, want us to believe Vic is a goner? Like I said, I think they do. I don't think they have intentionally tried to confuse us either, as some have suggested. As far as R* is concerned, Vic dies at the beginning of Vice City - nothing official leads me to think R* is trying to imply anything but just that. That's my opinion on the matter. And I'm only saying what I believe to be R*'s intention, I'm not saying Vic's death is something you can deduce from any official fact, because you can't. Which leaves the door open for anyone who for their own reasons want to believe he didn't die.

RONIN1191
"Anyway, we don't know if Vic died or not. R* didn't have VCS in their minds while creating VC, so Vic looking and sounding different (if it was him) and 'changing' in VCS is called retconning."

Well said and all true. We don't know and never will as there is no single, complete and coherent story to back up any side's theories. R* didn't create the cutscene with VCS in mind, period. But do they NOW, after VCS, want us to believe Vic is a goner? Like I said, I think they do. I don't think they have intentionally tried to confuse us either, as some have suggested. As far as R* is concerned, Vic dies at the beginning of Vice City - nothing official leads me to think R* is trying to imply anything but just that. That's my opinion on the matter. And I'm only saying what I believe to be R*'s intention, I'm not saying Vic's death is something you can deduce from any official fact, because you can't. Which leaves the door open for anyone who for their own reasons want to believe he didn't die.

I'm in agreement; seeing as VCS ends where VC basically begins, I think its safe to say Vic's a goner. That's not so bad, however- of all of the GTA protagonists, I liked him the least. I guess the 'fake' morality he displays at the very beginning is compromised, at the very beginning, with his first mission.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a great addition to the franchise, if only for the music and the ability to revisit Vice City- and running cartels? That was GREAT! I liked those little side missions- a la Scarface!

k_jap

I'm in agreement; seeing as VCS ends where VC basically begins, I think its safe to say Vic's a goner. That's not so bad, however- of all of the GTA protagonists, I liked him the least. I guess the 'fake' morality he displays at the very beginning is compromised, at the very beginning, with his first mission.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a great addition to the franchise, if only for the music and the ability to revisit Vice City- and running cartels? That was GREAT! I liked those little side missions- a la Scarface!

Yeah, I like to think of the Stories-games as a sort of "intermission" between San Andreas and IV. And as such they couldn't have been much better, if you ask me. Seems some people regard LCS (and VCS thereafter) as full blooded sequels to SA - and of course if that's your expectation you're bound to be disappointed. I agree with you on Vic. Not that I wanted him dead or anything, lol. But I found him a bit bland. And his "guardian of high morals"-act didn't sit well with me. I mean, CJ had morals too, but his whole character was so far-out (just picture him flying around in that jetpack looking for green goo...) that you couldn't really expect him to be a consistent sort of dude. And Claude, Vercetti and Toni were all completely amoral - beyond good and evil, if you like. So - ironically, perhaps - Vic's major flaw was that he was too normal, not cartoonish enough to pull it off. Just a slightly hypocritical, mass-murdering, criminal empire-building citizen (that's unfair, I know, but compared to the others he was). Damn, someone should write a book on the character traits of the major GTA figures, happy.gif .

willy_825
I thought I settled this over a year ago sneaky2.gif . This is found on the original Vice City Website:

Vice City Official Website

user posted image

did anyone even notice this, vance crime family only has two members, this is on the VC website not the VCS website

k_jap

Yeah, that's what I'm saying: Rockstar wants us to count Vic among the dearly departed. But some people just won't let go, lol. Seriously, though: If you for some reason insist that it was Vic and Lance's younger brother Pete who was wasted in the drug deal, that bulletin ain't gonna convince you otherwise. Because it's always possible to say that the VCPD didn't know about Pete, and that Lance used him precisely because of that. Others will say Lance is just bullsh*tting Vercetti when he says his brother got killed. And who can prove them wrong. We can't ask Lance, because he's definitely dead - or is he? Could it be that Lance is in fact...a fictional character? Don't tell anyone I told you.

Edited by k_jap

badjab
I thought I settled this over a year ago sneaky2.gif .  This is found on the original Vice City Website:

Vice City Official Website

user posted image

did anyone even notice this, vance crime family only has two members, this is on the VC website not the VCS website

do you know how many times i posted this before? the never even bothe to look and just come back with "well i dont think vic died"

Roy the Pirate

Let's just say Vic died and Leave it, Unless Rockstar can confirm or deny it. If you love him let it go...

creative madman

this topic makes me want to die...

its Vic, it always has been, always will be

end

RJX74

user posted image

GTA IV Easter eggs

It says RIP Vic, Victor never forget you, well always remember you bro.

He said bro meaning it was either Pete or Lance who wrote it.

However Lance was dead right? So Vic was the Drug dealer

kev the man

yh gr8 point

nickstemoeilijk
user posted image

GTA IV Easter eggs

It says RIP Vic, Victor never forget you, well always remember you bro.

He said bro meaning it was either Pete or Lance who wrote it.

However Lance was dead right? So Vic was the Drug dealer

I don't think that's necessarily true...

It's not like black people only call their biological brothers "bro"?

Flesh-n-Bone

That picture of the official Vice City site shouldn't be considered a source. You know why? Even though it's their OFFICIAL website Vance Crime Family didn't exist back then in 2002 when VC came out. Vance Crime Family and the unnamed brothers came in VCS. Yeah he said my "brother" because it was supposed to be one and he was unnamed. In VCS they made Vic as the protagonist and Pete as their third brother. His illness gets solved later on (surely) and Vic gives Pete the position and that police report thinks that guy is Victor as he's the main criminal.

That's a theory to prove Pete is the dead dealer.