2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

hot-devil

Did Vic Vance die in Vice City, Circa. 1986?

In your opinion, who died at the beginning of Vice City?  

492 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, who died at the beginning of Vice City?

• Pete Vance
    • Victor Vance
    • Not sure

AjdarFan

^I'm sorry if you feel that way, but Rockstar confirmed a while ago (+5 years) that Vic died in the exchange and nothing can change that.The differences between his VC and VCS renditions were necessary to polish him as a playable character, just like Toni in the previous game.Honestly, I don't understand why this thread is still open.

Yeah, I know. That's why i didn't said "I can"

Anyway, i still think it would've make much more sense if they said "We misunderstood, it wasn't Vic." just now. That stupid reckon I said is way better than stupid R* logic.

Edited by Rius

Journey_95

Its 100% Vic and I like that actually. Its a tragic end to his story, despite the events of VCS he still went back into the drug game and paid for it.

It was done better than the Johnny disaster in V where they just humiliated his character.

Jack Lupino

Why do people still complain about vics death?

He is a forgettable protagonist of a very not so well known gta.

Johnnys death in V is more memorable.

ViceBoy69

It was a setup when Tommy rings Sonny to tell him the drugs and cash are gone, Sonny gets mad but if you look the drugs and cash are on the table.

I really dont care who dies but in VCS Vic says he needs money to care for his sick brother now unless that brother made a complete recovery and i doubt it, id say its Vic who dies in VC

Debpiyas

Well in the introductory cutscene of GTA Vice City, Ken says that there are two brothers-----one operates the business and the other does the flying. So it is imperative to think there were only two Vance brothers. The second brother was unknown till Rockstar came out with their plans of VCS. After that they even updated the Vice City website(Crime Board) saying that the second brother was Vic Vance.

Now, when they found themselves in a conflicting situation, they felt the need to introduce a 3rd brother whom Vic refers to in the beginning of VCS. Whatever Rockstar plans and executes, we have to follow it. Who knows Rockstar may even bring out another sequel putting Tenpenny as the hero, then later claiming that he didn't die in "End of the Line" anuj_cop.gif .

So, I personally believe that there were only two Vance brothers ,one died while the other-Lance was killed by Tommy.Introduction of a 3rd brother is Rockstar's bulls*** to cover up the storyline gaps . bored.gif

Peter is really there but it was Victor Vance who died as Rockstar games announced it.

DragonpokeZ

To begin with Victor didn't even exist in GTA VC. It was just "Lance's brother". So technically, Vic didn't die, until Rockstar later retconned the series and left a purposeful loophole as to which brother died, because a mystery like this brings attention to the game. Now, as to whether a person could change that much as 84 Vic and supposed 86 Vic did, I say certainly. I've changed that much in half the time lol. Wouldn't be farfetched at all to think he would pick up the Hispanic accent if he was surrounded by people with that same accent. Perhaps he even had it as a kid before he moved to America, or moved out of his parents' influence, which would require even less time to get him such an accent. Now let's think about something even more major to explain his personality change. Unlike Claude, Tommy and Toni, who were complete psychopaths and "made" criminals, not just in a Mafia sense but generally established as ruthless individuals; and unlike someone like CJ who lives a whole f*cking Hollywood trilogy's worth of action in less than a year but had experienced violence in the form of street gangs before; Vic is suddenly brought into the underworld, made to kill a established criminal kingpin and chased around the city by maniacs shooting him in no time. There's a great possibility that Victor suffered from shellshock and subsequently other mental health issues, like psychosis, depression, or more likely taken to drug abuse as a result of all the heavy sh*t he was suddenly put through. I mean the guy went from a military corporal to flying a f*cking Apache into the city's established kingpin's HQ in what, f*cking months? That's bound to leave psychological scars. Perhaps the fact that he joined the army is a hint at this, as soldiers experience PTSD and shellshock a lot. He could've very well have his psyche shattered to the point that he doesn't care to do a deal and even jokes around with it: "Hey, I flew a f*cking apache into a skyscraper in the middle of VC, who cares about some pure-grade-A Colombian blow?". Of course, Diaz cared, and knowing the maniac that he is he would've set up the deal as soon as he found out about it whether or not he knew the Vance brothers were behind it. The real question here is, would the community accept it that way? Clearly not. So Rockstar introduces us to Pete Vance, another sick brother who the players that don't want to believe Vic Vance died can resort to in order to kill instead. Just like the 3 endings in GTA V, you pick whichever one you want to be true.

Besides, if Vic Vance got shot all he had to do was pay a fee and respawn back at the hospital; and for a measly $2000 extra he could get his guns back too :D

CoolMods
Posted (edited)

It's strange cause, As to VCS ending, Vic & Diaz are really good friends and have no problems, i guess it's Pete Vance plus it's voice is different and he's fatter.

Plus not even the game files give use proof, it's called "csdeal".

Edited by CoolMods

Ash_735

To begin with Victor didn't even exist in GTA VC. It was just "Lance's brother"

pTnUYFT.png

TheOriginalGunslinger
Posted (edited)

It's strange cause, As to VCS ending, Vic & Diaz are really good friends and have no problems, i guess it's Pete Vance plus it's voice is different and he's fatter.

Plus not even the game files give use proof, it's called "csdeal".

Yeah, but the friendly relationship could have changed a lot during those two years from 1984 to 1986. Business deals could have gone the wrong way and Diaz was probably getting sick and tired of it.

Or... What if Diaz's hired hit men only wanted to ice Tommy and his two associates with Vic just being at the wrong place at the wrong time?

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

denis1379
Posted (edited)

Watch all and you will know Why Ricardo want to kill Victor after story

Edited by denis1379