[TUT]Sea/Ocean reflection

Edmachine

This is a step by step tutorial which will help you make views from a birds view into oceans and seas or puddles as reflecting sky, or anything else. At the end you should make this

user posted image

into this

user posted image

STEP ONE:

Open Adobe Photoshop. (I was using Adobe Photoshop CS2, and if you are using an older version, you might not be able to create this effect.)

STEP TWO:

Open or create a new image.

At this point we will split:

If you want to make clouds reflected read what will be below. Those who already know how to make such effect, or aren't interested into making one, please skip till furter notice.

CLOUDS

STEP ONE:

Select the two colors you want the sky and clouds to be. (Doesn't matter which one is the foreground or background color.)

STEP TWO:

Select the gradient tool and draw anything.

STEP THREE:

Select Filter>Render>Clouds as shown below.

user posted image

Now the tracks meet each other again and we move on.

STEP THREE:

Select Filter>Distort>Ocean Ripple as shown below.

user posted image

STEP FOUR:

Adjust the settings at your own free will. I used settings that are shown below.

user posted image

And you are ready.

ADDITIONAL INFO:

I RECOMMEND USING IT ONLY ON CLOUDS! If you want to have the water look a bit deeper in the middle of the picture do the following things.

user posted image

STEP ONE:

Select Filter>Artistic>Plastic Wrap as shown below.

user posted image

STEP TWO:

Adjust the settings as you wish. I used settings shown in the picture below.

user posted image

Now print it and take it to a sunny place, put it near your eyes and imagine that you are near a sea tounge.gif

That is it for now.

If you want to post it in forums or your webpage, or anywhere else you must ask my permission!!!

We will be the arms that lift you up oqKntbC.gifWe will be the hand that strike you down

Thanks! The thing I hated the most making this tutorial, was cutting out the things I need from a 1280x1024 image.

We will be the arms that lift you up oqKntbC.gifWe will be the hand that strike you down

Thanks! I am a bit surprised that you haven't made any tutorials... Atleast non of them in the Archive.

I'm not a tutorials writing type of guy.

Thats a major bummer sad.gif. Well we're always (and I know there tons of people here that would agree) wanting to see some tutorials from you, your are one of the most experienced GFX'ers here, so please don't hesitate to post any, no matter how small wink.gif.

user posted image

The bird is invisible biggrin.gif

• 4 years later...
This is a step by step tutorial which will help you make views from a birds view into oceans and seas or puddles as reflecting sky, or anything else. At the end you should make this

user posted image

into this

user posted image

STEP ONE:

Open Adobe Photoshop. (I was using Adobe Photoshop CS2, and if you are using an older version, you might not be able to create this effect.)

STEP TWO:

Open or create a new image.

At this point we will split:

If you want to make clouds reflected read what will be below. Those who already know how to make such effect, or aren't interested into making one, please skip till furter notice.

CLOUDS

STEP ONE:

Select the two colors you want the sky and clouds to be. (Doesn't matter which one is the foreground or background color.)

STEP TWO:

Select the gradient tool and draw anything.

STEP THREE:

Select Filter>Render>Clouds as shown below.

user posted image

Now the tracks meet each other again and we move on.

STEP THREE:

Select Filter>Distort>Ocean Ripple as shown below.

user posted image

STEP FOUR:

Adjust the settings at your own free will. I used settings that are shown below.

user posted image

And you are ready.

ADDITIONAL INFO:

I RECOMMEND USING IT ONLY ON CLOUDS! If you want to have the water look a bit deeper in the middle of the picture do the following things.

user posted image

STEP ONE:

Select Filter>Artistic>Plastic Wrap as shown below.

user posted image

STEP TWO:

Adjust the settings as you wish. I used settings shown in the picture below.

user posted image

Now print it and take it to a sunny place, put it near your eyes and imagine that you are near a sea tounge.gif

That is it for now.

If you want to post it in forums or your webpage, or anywhere else you must ask my permission!!!

nice work icon14.gifinlove.gif

Narcis_speed6
Are you serious? I mean this is a nice tutorial, but bump it after 5 years?

Drift-Kingz

Yeah and on top of that, you quote the entire first post? What the f*ck is wrong with you?

• 1 month later...
Mr. Kingpin
Yeah and on top of that, you quote the entire first post? What the f*ck is wrong with you?

Hahah funny indian guy...

Drift-Kingz

Hahah funny indian guy...

Indian? bored.gif

If you're trying to be sarcastic, then you fail at it.

Also, you bumped a month old topic, which is completely unnecessary in general.

Good job, moron.