Ideas for the next VCMP release

Hemol

woah, if pawno could work, that would be great. 1 slight thing tho, whats pawno script?? coz i hear it can do this & that, but, wtf is it???

Vercetti Gangsta
woah, if pawno could work, that would be great. 1 slight thing tho, whats pawno script?? coz i hear it can do this & that, but, wtf is it???

SA-MP is running pawn for gamemode interfaces. Perhaps you should try SA-MP?

can;t wait till PAWN comes out, but this is so temprting, I am going to ask you how much % of pawn you completed?

Unfortunately, we'll not reveal anything at the moment. tounge.gif Just be happy about the pawn release and wait to see what the devs will come up with. smile.gif

A /block <number> thing because sometimes theres a flame war going on, or someone going making up all this useless crap, and I don't want to hear other peoplesconvos, I'm meaning I could say be racing with Emopat and then I don't hear where to go be cause of all this stuff that doesn't apply to me.

New account, Joe.

Vercetti Gangsta

I suppose something similiar is possible with Pawn... Not sure.

Edited by Vercetti Gangsta

Looking forward to the next VC-MP smile.gif anyway heres my suggestions and things i want:

• Background texture on chat - This would make chat easier to see
  • Somehow reduce shotty damage - Shottys are annoying with the 1 hit kill sad.gif
  • Maybe a mIRC admin aswell as the PAWNO script - Adds a hell of a lot of scripting potential and satisfies mirc and pawno scripters
  • No silly bugs on release (like the dodgy EXE) tounge.gif

VC-MP is nearly perfect! get over the final few hurdles and you have a pwnage mod that everyone will like! at them moment people play MTA due to its scripting which allows RPG potential. VC-MP needs this too smile.gif

I'll throw more this way when i think of them smile.gif

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Background texture on chat - This would make chat easier to see
  • Somehow reduce shotty damage - Shottys are annoying with the 1 hit kill sad.gif

Regarding the chat, I really like it as it is now. One thing I hated about MTA was the chat background. tounge.gif It took loads of space on the screen.

Regarding the shoot power, I'm pretty sure we would get loads of crititism. Perhaps shooting power could be editable in Pawn? That would do Pawn even more advanced. smile.gif

perhaps a fast deconnect reconnect?

i mean if were in littlewhitey, and want to go to another server to check something, you wouldnt hav to close vc and reload it again you enter, 4 example, reconnect <ip> <port> and you would disconnect from littlewhitey, and go anywhere else

This is some things tat need fixing:

First of all make 2 buttons to go in the car: f and v. F will mean to go in the car as driver and v is to go in the car as (not a driver if there are another person in the car.)

Also if you

Vercetti Gangsta
perhaps a fast deconnect reconnect?

i mean if were in littlewhitey, and want to go to another server to check something, you wouldnt hav to close vc and reload it again you enter, 4 example, reconnect <ip> <port> and you would disconnect from littlewhitey, and go anywhere else

Then you're just plain lazy. tounge.gif I'm pretty sure there's some negative things about doing that. Talking about the coding part. wink.gif

Would be interesting if you could integrate the browser inside Vice City.

First of all make 2 buttons to go in the car: f and v.  F will mean to go in the car as driver and v is to go in the car as (not a driver if there are another person in the car.)

I agree. Enter to go in as driver. G to go in as passenger.

it maybe that im lazy, but still, it would spare a lot of time, integrating the browser? perhaps overwriting the pause menu and being able to check other servers? anyway entering as passenger would be great.

perhaps a config.ini trainer? ok that was badly phrased. what i was thinking was checking the config.ini before connecting, therefore you can learn the positions of ammo armour etc..

Vercetti Gangsta

It takes me around 5 seconds to get out of VC-MP by doing /quit in the chat. And within 5 seconds I'm at the server browser finding new servers. smile.gif

However, the launch time does take a bit of time. But there may be some negative sides of this when coding.

suggest your admin, theres knowone there, shut the server and continue in build mode? or maybe be able to spawn vehicles not in build mode? 4 example:

/admin pass

/spawnv 0 141

this would spawn a landstalker near me biggrin.gif

and being able to spawn yourself in a car

/gotocar 0 1

meaning spawn me into player 1-s car

Vercetti Gangsta
suggest your admin, theres knowone there, shut the server and continue in build mode? or maybe be able to spawn vehicles not in build mode? 4 example:

/admin pass

/spawnv 0 141

this would spawn a landstalker near me biggrin.gif

and being able to spawn yourself in a car

/gotocar 0 1

meaning spawn me into player 1-s car

Perhaps that'll be possible in Pawn...

Vercetti Gangsta
It would be great if 0.4 had votekick. That way people couldn't do whatever they want when admins aren't there.

That should be possible in Pawn.

A stunting mode, where the vehicle used is invulnerable, with a PCJ, Packer etc. spawner. Stuff like that. And a teleporter too. That'd be cool.

Vercetti Gangsta
And a teleporter too. That'd be cool.

That should also be possible in Pawn, lol. It's even been suggested before. Try to see the other pages. smile.gif

I was hoping what you could make the servers more independent because first of all you can't whatsthat.gif run over with a car, but you can use a shotgun ?!! what's not fair. Make the shotgun weaker, so the person won;t just fall on the ground and other person can instantly kill you.

Also hosts overuse their power by cheating with spawning cars, teleporting, adding more health for themselves. and making gameplay unfair...

I think you can control /kill by making sure that the person is in the radius. So if the person pretty close to another. they can't just use /kill. Also may I suggest using other maps like in other multiplayer then you reach certain time limit or score. THe map changes.

Also I think you should make the menu: host options instead of doing those signals / or !

because it will be much easier if host can just easily change the options. Also you can make empty slots so the person can add options before the game.

I think you should disable spawning cars or teleporting during the game! you can only set it before the game. Also I think there should be player option menu too. SO people can easily press t and select who they want to chat or they can select if they want a countdown.

Also I was thinking of racing mod and stunt mod like in MTA v5. so bassically you have 2 minutes to find a car and/or buy weapons and then you will be teleported to any of the stadiums, while joining people wait for another game. People can race and you can't get out of the car. Whoever does 5 laps first without failing will get 1 point and the process can start again. In racing I suggest making cars have lots of armor but if they flip they can be destroyed.

I suggest making villagers more heavier so they couldn't jump, make shotguns so they won't make you fall, make servers independent, disable super host power, and make /kill controlable. ... Also I suggest making a menu like in MTA v.5. Make it more GTA

Registering clans

by having an online database

like:

Rockstar Assasins

rating 10/10

members:15

Names

Phil_cassidy

Richie

Ludoviga

JasonX

etc....

rating indiviuals, identifying by ip.

and have to registar 2 use vcmp, thus on no server, wil yur name be stolen

This can be done through pawn which would similar to having a database as currently some servers in sa-mp have which ask u to register. cool.gif

And Do you think we could change the damage done by pawn if not then vc-mp can have these features which can be changed like someone sets a server than in setting up server he can have few option like defining amount of damage done by a perticuler weapon, set player health(which is possible with pawn). Many of these things could be done by having new commands in pawn. smile.gif

Vercetti Gangsta
I was hoping what you could make the servers more independent because first of all you can't whatsthat.gif run over with a car, but you can use a shotgun ?!! what's not fair. Make the shotgun weaker, so the person won;t just fall on the ground and other person can instantly kill you.

Perhaps it would be possible to make pawn more advanced, in such manners that you're able to edit the strength of weapons.

Also hosts overuse their power by cheating with  spawning cars, teleporting, adding more health for themselves. and making gameplay unfair...

That's nothing we can do about. Find a server with reliable admins.

Also may I suggest using other maps like in other multiplayer then you reach certain time limit or score. THe map changes.

With pawn, you will be able to change gamemodes during gameplay. It will work like SA-MP's pawn.

Also I think you should make the menu: host options instead of doing those signals /  or !

The VC-MP engine was supposed to be done in a way that it edits as little as possible on the actual game engine. On this way, the game will remain smooth/stable and it won't be laggy.

I think you should disable spawning cars or teleporting during the game! you can only set it before the game.

Honestly, how easy do you think it would be to catch cheaters then? As a creator of this, you should always keep in mind to give hosts some extra functions.

If we removed such admin tools, it would be extremely hard to know who's cheating and who's not. In that way, the gameplay would be bad for the players too, as the cheaters would be running around and killing them all.

Also I was thinking of racing mod and stunt mod like in MTA v5. so bassically you have 2 minutes to find a car and/or buy  weapons and then you will be teleported to any of the stadiums, while joining people wait for another game. People can race and  you can't get out of the car. Whoever does 5 laps first without failing will get 1 point and the process can start again.

That should be available in pawn. You just need to be a more experienced coder.

I suggest making villagers more heavier so they couldn't jump, make shotguns so they won't make you fall, make servers independent, disable super host power, and make /kill controlable. ... Also I suggest making a menu like in MTA v.5. Make it more GTA

Wait, wait, wait! Hold on, you are saying "Make it more GTA"? You do know that falling down by Shotgun shots is something from the actual game, and not something that has been coded in the VC-MP source.

VC-MP is as real as it gets. It edits as little on the GTA engine as possible. Therefor, you're pretty wrong in your statement about "Make it more GTA". smile.gif

Make the lobby room thing more tidier and easier too use.

Vercetti Gangsta
Make the lobby room thing more tidier and easier too use.

What "lobby room", if I may ask? dontgetit.gif

I got some suggestions:

Make it so that the enemy gang can't enter the spawning point of your gang. May be done in interior world or something.

Make it so that driveby's dont kill teammates.

Finally a suggestion: Racing. Go to the biker bar in Downtown and find a player. Both must get bikes and stand in the Strting grid. The race goes from Downtown ammunation to the Vercetti docks. The other players are locked in an interior world until the race ends. Then they are taken back to the exterior.

Junkyard Last Stand:

Everyone has a stubby shotgun and 3 lives. The players are on the Junkyard and they cant leave (they get killed) they must kill each other and the last one standing wins a stronger gun (m60) and the other players respawn. If they get killed they lose it and someone else keeps it. First player to win 5 matches win and game restarts.

Mall survival

5 players are randomly picked and taken into the mall. They can't get out (no exit points). The 5 players are unarmed and have 5 minutes to hide. Then the other players are taken into the mall with normal shotguns. They must chase the 5 players and kill them. The 5 players must run for their lives and if they (or him) survives 5 minutes wins and match restarts.

This will be totally ridiculous, but can be possible

A Custom Skins system:

This one will occupy the system of skins that has the game " Live for speed ", if a player use a skin, them everybody have to have this skin in his PC. Difficult to apply in the game, but possible

Beach ball Sync

With the synchronized ball we can create several games in Pawno, this way kill the time

I got some suggestions:

Make it so that the enemy gang can't enter the spawning point of your gang. May be done in interior world or something.

Make it so that driveby's dont kill teammates.

Finally a suggestion: Racing. Go to the biker bar in Downtown and find a player. Both must get bikes and stand in the Strting grid. The race goes from Downtown ammunation to the Vercetti docks. The other players are locked in an interior world until the race ends. Then they are taken back to the exterior.

Junkyard Last Stand:

Everyone has a stubby shotgun and 3 lives. The players are on the Junkyard and they cant leave (they get killed) they must kill each other and the last one standing wins a stronger gun (m60) and the other players respawn. If they get killed they lose it and someone else keeps it. First player to win 5 matches win and game restarts.

Mall survival

5 players are randomly picked and taken into the mall. They can't get out (no exit points). The 5 players are unarmed and have 5 minutes to hide. Then the other players are taken into the mall with normal shotguns. They must chase the 5 players and kill them. The 5 players must run for their lives and if they (or him) survives 5 minutes wins and match restarts.

This is Easy to create in Pawn smile.gif

This will be totally ridiculous, but can be possible

A Custom Skins system:

This one will occupy the system of skins that has the game " Live for speed ", if a player use a skin, them everybody have to have this skin in his PC. Difficult to apply in the game, but possible

Beach ball Sync

With the synchronized ball we can create several games in Pawno, this way kill the time

I dont think this skins thing u said can be possible, to do this server owners can say ppl to use skins made by them to play on their server.

Vercetti Gangsta

Possible, but hard to code. You would need some sort of a system that detects if the server has skin mods on, and another system that downloads them to a specific place and can load from it.

Beach ball Sync

I've thought about this myself, but I do believe this is almost impossible.

It would be awesome though. You could create a soccer mode in the dirt ring. tounge.gif

VG. When he said sync the beach ball, I think he meant put it ingame. I don't think it's posible to sync the beach ball :s

Vercetti Gangsta

It's already ingame. Just not synced properly. smile.gif

It's at one of the Starfish houses. In the pool. If you could sync that completely, you would have a brilliant Pawn mode there. tounge.gif

Edited by Vercetti Gangsta