Ideas for the next VCMP release

Hemol

Vercetti Gangsta
Yeah, it's a nice idea...and i would be able to use my gtavc.exe and no 0.3gtavc.exe or some else! confused.gif

That'll be fixed. inlove.gif

Just be patient, the devs know what they're doing. You wouldn't be able playing it without them being here. turn.gif

We can use sa-mp gamemodes on release of pawno in vc-mp by just editing them, like coords and all, that would make it better than just starting to make script from scratch as at the moment we have many pwn scripts and dont forget admin and anti cheat scripts. tounge.gifsmile.gif

Hi guys. Im here to share my point of view about this question.

I agree when people say that we should use all kind of weapons like m60 m4 etc...but this doesn't mean costant roofkilling or another kind "n00b" strategy to accumulate kills. We should use these weapons just for give back the game more various than the usually 1stub vs 1stub, more funny and to complete our player skills.

Instead coming back to the fateful "fastswitch" my opinion is for restore this kind of game. It gives back the game more funny and various than the jump. I've tried the new 03 relase and i've found it more boring and easier in the 1 vs 1 than the 01d. The tatic is always the same shot-jump a little run and again shot-jump; do that waiting for the exactly time for hit the enemy while in the "Fastswitch" the game was harder than jump. We must run more fast for bewilder the enemy and anticipate his shot. This involve us to find more ways for kill someone making the gameplay more interesting.

P.S: i would say that the "fastswitch" is not a bug as many players has said. It is possible also in the original version of Vicecity single player. Then i think that if Vice city's programmers belive that it is a bug they would have simply fixed it but it isn't so...

I think that is not a coincidence if an half of the all vcmp players are give up. Just take a look in the servers...

So another thing that i'll put in the next relase is "DB autokicker". I'll explain better: some script that give a kick to a player that do more of three consecutive "drivebies". This will give more discipline at the game. And maybe all costant "DB n00bs" will try to learn something about killing. smile.gif

I quote vercetti when he say to develop a script that put into the map a lots of pink markers for teletrasport the players. In fact if someone wanna reach a place he is forced to travel for a long time getting bored...

So these are just a lot of things that i'd change in vc-mp and i hope that someone agree my points.

P.S: Really sorry for the big mistakes. tounge.gif

Edited by [Neo101]

I fully agree with you inlove.gif (- pink markers for teletrasport)

I don't agree with you about "pink markers for teletrasport" - they can be used by n00bs to escape during a duel! turn.gif

Vercetti Gangsta
' date='Dec 3 2006, 14:27'] So another thing that i'll put in the next relase is "DB autokicker". I'll explain better: some script that give a kick to a player that do more of three consecutive "drivebies". This will give more discipline at the game. And maybe all costant "DB n00bs" will try to learn something about killing. smile.gif

I quote vercetti when he say to develop a script that put into the map a lots of pink markers for teletrasport the players. In fact if someone wanna reach a place he is forced to travel for a long time getting bored...

These things are absolutely possible in Pawn/Pawno, which is included in 0.4. You'll just need to be capable of coding in Pawn. smile.gif

Pretty sure we'll have an 'anti driveby' script at Littlewhitey's server. wink.gif

I don't agree with you about "pink markers for teletrasport" - they can be used by n00bs to escape during a duel!

Well, it's possible. But it can be used in many ways, not just for teleportation. It can be used for racing, or something else. All depends on what the server admin would like it to do.

I don't agree with you about "pink markers for teletrasport" - they can be used by n00bs to escape during a duel!

Then just follow him... angry.gif

why are whe not adding some map mods in game for the deul..

whe can set a mini land for to dm but uhm you need to get first the rides to. right?

Vercetti Gangsta

why are whe not adding some map mods in game for the deul..

whe can set a mini land for to dm but uhm you need to get first the rides to. right?

Just explain me how you would add map mods? smile.gif 0.4 has no announcements regarding object placement, does it?And I wouldn't even be hoping to see it in this release. As it would take too much time. It's important first to stabilize pawn, and get a decent release. After that, the devs should consider that kind of stuff.

In my opinion, 0.2 was released too fast, and wasn't stable enough. Too many features were put in at once, and too many bugs to handle. It's important first to stabilize pawn, in my opinion.

Edited by Vercetti Gangsta

Object placement sounds great. That means setups for better stunting and stuff as well?

,Dec 3 2006, 13:27]

So another thing that i'll put in the next relase is "DB autokicker". I'll explain better: some script that give a kick to a player that do more of three consecutive "drivebies". This will give more discipline at the game. And maybe all costant "DB n00bs" will try to learn something about killing. smile.gif

So these are just a lot of things that i'd change in vc-mp and i hope that someone agree my points.

P.S: Really sorry for the big mistakes. tounge.gif

I really like the !dea of DB autokicking and Pink markers.. Well thought Mr. Neo, as well as Vercetti G..

Vercetti Gangsta

Not sure why there's a need for a petition? I'm pretty sure Falcon and the other devs already realized that it's something that should be set back to normal. wink.gif

See:

Ye, maybe, but without 0.1d switch weapons time, so forcing people to jump, you increased use of crounch and fast glitch! dontgetit.gif With glitches (fast glitch particulary) sync is f*cked up the same or more! sad.gif

So, please, come back to 0.1d switch weapons time cryani.gif It was more funny to play...now only jumping like idiots bored.gif

We will consider making it enabled but server owners thats the best i can offer you.

The reason why it was left out:

wow.gif  ye, it's nice  turn.gif

That you said + 0.1d gameplay (i mean switch weapons time  moto_whistle.gif) + pawn script + 0.2 features (waves, city in sky, animations, wheater,...) + 0.3 sync = The best MultyPlayer - Mod for GTA Vice City  biggrin.gif

I hope next version will be so!  ph34r.gif

Thats all possible but people will need to extend the exe to make it play, also the swtich weapon move not sure why so many want it back in reason it was remove is for sync ..... If somebody with a higher ping use's this glitch to fight makes them appear to warp around making it nearly impossible for most players to hit.

Isn't that nearly cheating ???

Next version will have pawn support along with other features and hopefuly not to far away.

So just a short sum up of what's been promised for the next version:

• Pawn scripting language.
  • Reintroduction of ammunations and tool stores.

Things that are probably going to be done in the next version:

• Server browser related bug fixed.
  • 'Fixed exe' removed.
  • General bugs fixed.

If those things above, are going to be added in the next version, it's going to be a brilliant release. However, the main priority should be to stabilize pawn and add functions to it. When that's done, gamemodes are going to be extremely easy to make, but advanced while playing.

To the public: Please let the developers do their work slowly and organized. Begging them to add heaps of features in the next release will make too much pressure and do things unorganized. So, if you give them time, you're guaranteed a good release. smile.gif

So just a short sum up of what's been promised for the next version:

Pawn scripting language.

Reintroduction of ammunations and tool stores.

Really nice! colgate.gif

Server browser related bug fixed.

'Fixed exe' removed.

What ?! mercie_blink.gif Probably ?! nervous.gif I thought they was sure! suicidal.gif

To the public: Please let the developers do their work slowly and organized. Begging them to add heaps of features in the next release will make too much pressure and do things unorganized. So, if you give them time, you're guaranteed a good release. smile.gif

No pressure by us to developers...we just want a good release. Take all the time you need to do good this 0.4 . cool.gif

Anyway, about petition, i am not a creator of it but i agree with creators! I think they want that you all know how many players want 0.1d switch weapons time back...only this! smile.gif

Vercetti Gangsta

Server browser related bug fixed.

'Fixed exe' removed.

What ?! mercie_blink.gif Probably ?! nervous.gif I thought they was sure! suicidal.gif

Please hence the fact that I'm basing my post on what Falcon has said to the public. It hasn't been promised, but it's most likely to be fixed.

Tonynho, can't you do anything better than complain?

About taking ammunation back, I disagree in a certain way, since it can be coded in pawn. But the ammunation system is still good tounge.gif

Tonynho, can't you do anything better than complain?

Sure, i can ignore you! cool.gif

/me starts to ignore Serafim........from now! die.gif

im hoping we could add some new objects, like flags, so we could make a "capture the flag" server but of course bug fixing is the most important.

i also think we should bring back the idea in vcmp 0.1, of the server program be the same as the client. we should be able to chat b4 u start the game.

added charachters, in the nickname aswell.

kk thats it

how about somthing where people in cars who go higher then the highest possible building you can get up to in a car get banned (impossible)

those flying cheaters are bitches

Registering clans

by having an online database

like:

Rockstar Assasins

rating 10/10

members:15

Names

Phil_cassidy

Richie

Ludoviga

JasonX

etc....

rating indiviuals, identifying by ip.

and have to registar 2 use vcmp, thus on no server, wil yur name be stolen

The Bone County Butcher

Thois might sound stupid....

But would it be possible to put on peds and peds driving around etc..to give the place a more living feel to it?

Mandalore - banned

Vercetti Gangsta

That'll be extremely difficult to sync. However, it's possible to have them there, just unsynced.

But as it gives unfair advantages, I won't be allowed to tell you how to enable it. smile.gif

and have to registar 2 use vcmp, thus on no server, wil yur name be stolen

You can do player registrations in pawn. So that your nickname can't be stolen or similiar.

there must be bug fixes, which are left.. and Teleporters... Same weather all across the City...More vehicles...More Ammunations... Selling of Guns and tools...Pay'n Spray... Money Payment....and a lot more which is left and the others have already told rahkstar2.gif

Vercetti Gangsta
Money Payment....

That's possible in pawn. That's why pawn is great. It opens loads of features and you don't even need to wait for the devs to put it in the game engine.

Ammunations and pay'n'sprays are being reintroduced in 0.4 as Falcon said. We're also hoping to see weather reintroduced.