Ideas for the next VCMP release

Hemol

Ideas: smile.gif

I know maybe this is imposible, buth: make GTA VCMP like RPG, wher player need register, need work, was some missions, wher he earn money, buy weaponos, cars, clothes ect. Was a tournaments nasscar or somethink like this, wher player can earn money, buy hauses, garage ect. I think this was be intresting play. Becoze now player do not do anythink else, but only kill.. sad.gif

Sory for my english...

ow yea and fix the pingflux.. and fix the bug .. add teamspeak msg sender when you in team in game.

sow is there more postes? is is the topic full ??

Edited by DMC-Chico

+make a clan like ( need big money, and some players ) for money buy clan hause, weapons and register clan. And clan need do some work to earn money together smile.gif Nice smile.gif

ad a prog just like debug mode when youre opend a server from your ini to build any thing and put roads cars.bikes.planes.heli.motos. and building just like in sa mp but with more scripts..

...make GTA VCMP like RPG, wher player need register, need work, was some missions, wher he earn money, buy weaponos, cars, clothes ect. Was a tournaments nasscar or somethink like this, wher player can earn money, buy hauses, garage ect. I think this was be intresting play. Becoze now player do not do anythink else, but only kill.. sad.gif

wow.gif ye, it's nice turn.gif

That you said + 0.1d gameplay (i mean switch weapons time moto_whistle.gif) + pawn script + 0.2 features (waves, city in sky, animations, wheater,...) + 0.3 sync = The best MultyPlayer - Mod for GTA Vice City biggrin.gif

I hope next version will be so! ph34r.gif

wow.gif  ye, it's nice  turn.gif

That you said + 0.1d gameplay (i mean switch weapons time  moto_whistle.gif) + pawn script + 0.2 features (waves, city in sky, animations, wheater,...) + 0.3 sync = The best MultyPlayer - Mod for GTA Vice City  biggrin.gif

I hope next version will be so!  ph34r.gif

Thats all possible but people will need to extend the exe to make it play, also the swtich weapon move not sure why so many want it back in reason it was remove is for sync ..... If somebody with a higher ping use's this glitch to fight makes them appear to warp around making it nearly impossible for most players to hit.

Isn't that nearly cheating ???

Next version will have pawn support along with other features and hopefuly not to far away.

...also the swtich weapon move not sure why so many want it back in reason it was remove is for sync ..... If somebody with a higher ping use's this glitch to fight makes them appear to warp around making it nearly impossible for most players to hit.

Ye, maybe, but without 0.1d switch weapons time, so forcing people to jump, you increased use of crounch and fast glitch! dontgetit.gif With glitches (fast glitch particulary) sync is f*cked up the same or more! sad.gif

So, please, come back to 0.1d switch weapons time cryani.gif It was more funny to play...now only jumping like idiots bored.gif

Ye, maybe, but without 0.1d switch weapons time, so forcing people to jump, you increased use of crounch and fast glitch! dontgetit.gif With glitches (fast glitch particulary) sync is f*cked up the same or more! sad.gif

So, please, come back to 0.1d switch weapons time cryani.gif It was more funny to play...now only jumping like idiots bored.gif

We will consider making it enabled but server owners thats the best i can offer you.

...also the swtich weapon move not sure why so many want it back in reason it was remove is for sync ..... If somebody with a higher ping use's this glitch to fight makes them appear to warp around making it nearly impossible for most players to hit.

You gotta understand that they would fix it if it was as simple as fix the switching time standing up. Have you ever thought that it could be painful? I dunno if it is, but can be ¬¬

Just as a side note regarding PAWN, it is being coded in such a way that the functions and callbacks are as close to those of SA:MP as possible, meaning that scripts should be convertable with minimal edits wink.gif

You gotta understand that they would fix it if it was as simple as fix the switching time standing up. Have you ever thought that it could be painful? I dunno if it is, but can be ¬¬

I understood that it's hard to fix it in a good way for this i am asking to come back to 0.1d gameplay (switch weapons time) because it was the best to play and to have fun! cool.gif

Maybe, to resolve glitches, you will find another way: for exemple some way to block player after shoting so he cant jump, he cant switch gun and he cant crounch...or another similar way, but sure it will affect the gameplay (like jumping always in 0.3) and people will no like it because it will be stupid and boring! confused.gif

Just think this: How many players there were in VC-MP 0.1d? How many in 0.3? Seeing server browser the result is clear: with this 0.3, VC-MP lost many many many... players; and i think if you continue in this way VC-MP will die soon! sad.gif

So, if next VC-MP version will have to be great, i think you must come back to 0.1d switch weapons time because it was funny and people, in a multyplayer game, search fun! colgate.gif

To end: this is my personal opinion but there are many many players that think like me! So, if you want create a mutlyplayer for players, you have to listen what ppl wants icon14.gif ; if you want create a multyplayer that you think will be fine, continue on your way! icon13.gif

Vercetti Gangsta

The best of vc-mp? You've seen nothing because you keep complaining about the stupid shotguns.

Take it easy, please. smile.gif It might just be that Tonynho is trying to come with suggestions that can improve the software. Perhaps, he's just expressing it in an incorrect way?

Regarding the "fast weapon switching", I have an idea. If we could enable a script that allows the server owner to turn the fast weapon switching on/off, it would be the solution.

However, if we want a successful release, we'll need to listen to the people of course. Hence the fact that they're keeping this mod alive. smile.gif

For the next release, I'd put the following as the main priorities):

1. A stable release, with as minimal bugs as possible. With such a release, you wouldn't need to be updating the software regularly. Like the SA-MP team did.

But we should also have a public beta to avoid unexpected bugs (such as the exe thing) in a release.

2. A better and more informative documentation. Help files are very important for newbies. A lot of people have difficulties just installing a software!
  3. A new and more interactive website.
  4. A new public forum. Taking the step towards a bigger and more powerful community.
I believe that these steps would increase the amount of players. Not only that, it would also increase the user-friendly interface.

When making a software, it's very important that it's user friendly. E.g. Easy to handle, and use.

I believe that's the reason for MTA's successful player base. They've got a lot of players simple because of the fact that their software is incredibly easy to handle.

Anyway, I see that VC-MP is heading into the right direction at the moment. The testing seems to show a promising feature.

Edited by Vercetti Gangsta

The best of vc-mp? You've seen nothing because you keep complaining about the stupid shotguns.

user posted image Ye, i continue to complain because, with this switch weapons time, people is trying to have a better game (than jumping always like idiots) so they all use all glitches!!! bored.gif

Crounch Glitch = It's called fast shooting too because it allows you to shoot faster. In 0.1d, to do it, you had to do crounch and up (up and down...up and down...) and shoot; in 0.3 you just have to crounch and shoot!!! (so it's simple to do and EVERYONE do it!) mercie_blink.gif

Fast Glitch = When you are going to shoot, before that shot go out from weapon, you jump in another place! The shot will appear in your enemy screen but it will NO appear in your own screen!!! With this glitch you will NO lose ammos and your enemy will see you in the place where you was going to shoot...NOT where you are really!!!(sync f*cked up) turn.gif In 0.3, forcing people to jump, this glitch is increased and it can happen for accedent too!!! ph34r.gif

So, if you think that these gliches are better than Switch Glitch, well, continue on this way and you will lose others players! suicidal.gif

And Serafim...ye, maybe i didn't see nothing but everything i said happens in all servers!!! wink.gif

And...ye, i think only about Shotguns (Normal Shotgun, Stubby and Spaz) because they are the main guns of GTA Vice City, everyone use these...and when you join in DM servers you use that too...so anuj_cop.gif

I dont know why it started off with everyone using shotguns can someone explain? Is from back in MTA where the hit count counted best with the shotgun? Or.. is it because it knocks players over and you can hit them easier with the shotguns angle range that it fires out?

I would personally like to see more action without shotguns EG M4's and M60's and other guns. Im guessing thats why there are roofers because you cant use an M4/M60 on the ground before another player warps up towards you and knocks you over with his shotgun and then shoots you on the ground.

I hear about all these clans that are like "Our clan is brilliant our clan is the best" When that clan usually only uses the shotgun! Yes you can use a shotgun but now you have to master the other weapons and features eg shooting down moving targets and driving also tactics. Instead of running up to your enemy and shooting him. With long range guns maybe you can find a vantage point which is fair and safe. Like VG said above about switching on the fast switch by a script or in the server ini. Could this also be done for drivebying? So that it isnt hard coded?

Everyone can use others weapons but everyone understand that in matches where you are near your enemy you can' t use them because you will have a bad game. bored.gif

I think that in matches where you are near your enemy you can use Python, 9mm, Uzi, Mp5 but i think that M60 and M4 must be used from distance (no roofkilling) to surprise your enemy with your strategy...like in other games (CoD, CS, ...)! colgate.gif

PS: i don't talk about Igrams and Tec9 because they are only n00bs weapons! barf8bd.gif

Edited by TonynhO

can you add a health generator in to just like in the mta ini..........

and special scripts with admin lvls just like admin 1,2,3,4.5

and rpg script just like wath falcon did..

can you add a health generator in to just like in the mta ini..........

and special scripts with admin lvls just like admin 1,2,3,4.5

and rpg script just like wath falcon did..

As Falcon already said, PAWN has been introduced into the new version, so all these are possible with that, and aren't really down to the team, unless they are written as standard release scripts.

Vercetti Gangsta

Hanney: I fully agree with everything you said.

Like VG said above about switching on the fast switch by a script or in the server ini.

That would be possible if you enabled something like that in Pawn/Pawno.

DMC-Chico: Pawno unleashes many brilliant features. Gamemodes are going to be a lot better and more complex.

Hopefully, it's going to put an end to the constant Death matching. tounge.gif

Lets see some RPG scripts! smile.gif

As an endnote, I would like to ask the following question: What's wrong with roofkilling?

Discuss...

As an endnote, I would like to ask the following question: What's wrong with roofkilling?

Discuss...

Nothing.smile.gif It would be really nice do some roofkilling match! colgate.gif....but if you take advantage of many people that play down to do roofkilling and increase your kills it's LAMER! sneaky2.gifdie.gif

Anyway, it's a part of GTA Vice City, we have to accept that! rolleyes.gif

Im guessing people complain about roofers is because they tend to go to the roofing hotspot in Downtown where there are people fighting with shotguns without any long range weapons and quite tall roofs to stand on top off and have long range weapons such as M60's. The the Bikers and Cops below they cant get that roofer up there because they dont have any weapon with such a long range unless they have killed someone and recieved a long weapon range.

So they cant kill them if they dont have any weapons that have a long enough range and they get pissed off and end up flaming at them, simply just taking a helicopter or even try to ignore them.

Vercetti Gangsta

I honestly, don't see any problem in roof killing. I think it's great and fun.

However, there's a certain point that annoys me about it. And that's when people only tend to roofkill and nothing else!

They camp there all the time, and don't do anything else. A pretty pathetic but useful way of killing!

Roofkillers are the good from a spawnwar, because they end it tounge.gif. Everybody stop spawn war to take a helicopter to kill him tounge.gif

Perhaps adding some san andreas game elements would help a lot, such as the free-mouse rotating camera.

Currently working on Top Down City Game, a classics top down game similar to GTA1 & GTA2: 

Thread Info: https://gtaforums.com/topic/911312-new-game-top-down-city/

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxGfOh3ld7Xm-ic3KEMB6iA 

Discord: https://discord.gg/UXmDPzS - join #bridge channel 

Perhaps adding some san andreas game elements would help a lot, such as the free-mouse rotating camera.

That would be nice..

Vercetti Gangsta

Yeah, that would be nice! smile.gif

Yea, that would be great, but for vehicles you mean, right? I think that's posible, but change the game engine must be a pain tounge.gif