2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Oh yes,there is a shark in SA

TheTank

Wow, at first i thought it was just the SA shark mod but it doesnt look like it (or maybe it is the mod from another angle, im not sure). Nice find, and dont post it twice next time wink.gif

jqmqKlq.gif

IS A DOLPHIN, DUDE!

Sharks only in Vice City

If it in SA, is old! yawn.gif

And its not a dolphin.... just take a good look!

jqmqKlq.gif

When i seen this topic title i though more bullsh*t biggrin.gif but that is actually a shark, which i have never seen, have you really used a mod or anything.

s0h607k.jpg

Hmmm, I never really took sides on those who said that there no sharks in San Andreas, but only dolphins. I never really went out and looked, to be honest. I have never personally seen any form of shark in the San Andreas waters, though. Might have a little hunt later on if I feel up to it, as I'm playing through the game's storyline at the moment. biggrin.gif

But I think that shark can't hurt or even eat You,because it's only a .txd file,as You can see in that picture

Sorry for bad english colgate.gif

Once upon a time, I saw a shark in SA. I thought nothing of it. I mean, the aquatic life in SA is quite diverse. Then I saw a topic on the subject and people were insisting there was no shark, so I wrote it off as I must've seen a dolphin or something. But there you have it, straight from the game files.

But I think that shark can't hurt or even eat You,because it's only a .txd file,as You can see in that picture

No, actually, there's also a .dff file. smile.gifHere is a better picture, from DFF Viewer.

This really intrigued me. I've spent a lot of time diving, and never saw the beast myself... Say, anyone got ANY suggestions how to increase the odds of meeting it?

I really wonder where the hell is this shark,i have looked almost everywhere,but nothing.

Where the hell could it be?

1. Now it seems real.

2. I've never seen it in game.

3. Is there a way to add it to game...

4. ... and make it attack player instead of escape from him? devil.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
Once upon a time, I saw a shark in SA. I thought nothing of it. I mean, the aquatic life in SA is quite diverse. Then I saw a topic on the subject and people were insisting there was no shark, so I wrote it off as I must've seen a dolphin or something. But there you have it, straight from the game files.

I thought the same thing...I believe I was near the South East end of the Map near the Docks but I seriously wrote it off later as being 4am and to many hours staring at the TV...1st time through the game too...Makes you wonder if we see the dolphins enough to let us psychologically filter out the sharks subconciously....especially because it has been accepted by most that there isn't any in SA....But I dunno. If Demarest says it is in the files I believe it is in the files....However It might be time location of even something else srtange ......Somebody get the water bloody and filled with bodies at the docks and a few other places....If you can draw those sharks with blood it would be cool....People just drowning might not do it....I am just pulling at straws here but for curiousities sake someone had to bring it up.

But does it actually exist in the game? TheTank should've posted a screenie of it in the actual location where it's supposedly found so it's more believable.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
But does it actually exist in the game? TheTank should've posted a screenie of it in the actual location where it's supposedly found so it's more believable.

Well no one has done that yet...and we have no Idea if IR goggles will help either.....but some of us thought that we saw on once and then discounted it as dolphins......Ya know there is an interesting fact about dolphins and sharks.....Dolphins hate sharks and are known to warn and even protect hunmans from them...Nex time a dolphin swims up all close some people should check it out ....as for finding them....the underwater jet pack method would probrably the the best for finding them and then dump the pack on the floor of the ocean if possible on zoom in with the camera...This is assuming you know about how to go to the famous rock just northwest of HankyPanky Point is and the method for getting the jetpack underwater too..

This is assuming you know about how to go to the famous rock just northwest of HankyPanky Point is and the method for getting the jetpack underwater too..

Can you please pinpoint that location on the map?

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

This is assuming you know about how to go to the famous rock just northwest of HankyPanky Point is and the method for getting the jetpack underwater too..

Can you please pinpoint that location on the map?

Ok....when you get to the grassy area by this point go with a jetpack and get off the jetpack close to the endge...then take out a pistol and aim it and keep it aimed ...then walk through the jetpack...now still aiming walk off the edge of the cliff and when you land in the water go underwater kinda under the cleft and look for a large falt rock right up against the landmass but about three Cj heights or so underwater go down to it swimming and just keep trying to get to it almost like you are trying to polish it off or something with your hand ....eventually Cj will stand on it and your air will start to replenish itself and if you did what I suggest with the jetpack you will have the jetpack on.......This isn't my find...but I do use it allot....anyway the rock is a lone rock so if you get the others in that area go east or west to find the lone flat rock....when it is about to work the lighting changes slightly......later

http://www.gtasanandreas.net/sam/index.php...0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

this pin point is pretty exact though.

I for some reason cannot get my image to post so the link will have to be enough.....sorry.

Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Well.. If u wanna see how it looks like just replace dolphin.dff and txd with shark one found inside the gta3.img with renaming the shark.dff into dolphin.dff and also with txd!! sigh.gif It looks cute!!

Of course it won't eat you. The dolphin doesn't eat you, does it? The mod just changes the dolphin into a shark. The behaviour stays the same. To make the shark attack it would require an animation group, bones and scripting. It wouldn't even be worth it in my opinion.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
Well.. If u wanna see how it looks like just replace dolphin.dff and txd with shark one found inside the gta3.img with renaming the shark.dff into dolphin.dff and also with txd!! sigh.gif It looks cute!!

Yes you could but it still doesn't answer where it already is in the game and if the other files for animating it are in too.......then it is hard to know what that bad boy can really do untill we find it......Maybe like in real life dolphins chase it away....But dolphins usually try and kill it too by snouting it in the gills until it dies by suffocation and being better swimmers than sharks.....Get it but a battle would be cool to see betweent them too......I seriously doubt there is one but I have see what I thought where dolphins together before swimming around ...I ignored it after a quick second because I was up to something else..Next time I will check it out if possible.

Yes you could but it still doesn't answer where it already is in the game and if the other files for animating it are in too.......then it is hard to know what that bad boy can really do untill we find it......Maybe like in real life dolphins chase it away....But dolphins usually try and kill it too by snouting it in the gills until it dies by suffocation and being better swimmers than sharks.....Get it but a battle would be cool to see betweent them too......I seriously doubt there is one but I have see what I thought where dolphins together before swimming around ...I ignored it after a quick second because I was up to something else..Next time I will check it out if possible.

First the dolphin does not have an animation file as do all the sea creatures. It happens that the dolphin has no bones and therefore must be controlled by the game (hardcoded) or perhaps paths?!? In short I would say that dolphin vs. shark fights do not occur. Simply because dolphins appear one by one in SA and not in packs like real life. To simulate the fight there would be a need for more complex animations than moving as the fight would have jaw movement etc. etc. My opinion is that R* just added the dolphins to liven up the large body of water in SA.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

First the dolphin does not have an animation file as do all the sea creatures. It happens that the dolphin has no bones and therefore must be controlled by the game (hardcoded) or perhaps paths?!? In short I would say that dolphin vs. shark fights do not occur. Simply because dolphins appear one by one in SA and not in packs like real life. To simulate the fight there would be a need for more complex animations than moving as the fight would have jaw movement etc. etc. My opinion is that R* just added the dolphins to liven up the large body of water in SA.

Thank you /TNT\ for answering the techical end of this about dolphins...anyone else with such data please feel free to chime in too...

Ok....So the question of 5 W's and one Y is still here....Sharks?.....Have we all missed a cheat code perhaps that is like a Jaws cheat or something so everytime you are in the water sharks attack?...That would make me laugh!

And if not then are there conditions that will bring them?....Code readers welcome to answer.

I'm going to check in the place where holygrenadefrenzy posted, but if i find nothing i will not believe this.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

I'm going to check in the place where holygrenadefrenzy posted, but if i find nothing i will not believe this.

For what...I haven't claimed there was a shark there and the only time I suspected there was a shark it GTA SA before this thread was after a late gaming session a in late 2004....This has been open speculation and I am making no unfounded claims. The unlimited air/Walk around underwater/Jetpack glitch or whatever you want to call it is well known....I found it on a Gamespot guide....they have photos of the rock there too....well linked to the page...If you can't find it TommyV15 let me know and I will get you the link to their page and stuff.....They probrably discribe it better than me anyway..

So my "Idea" was that with maybe some Low Light or IR Goggles and a camera going underwater with this method would make the search for such a creature easier than other methods.

I am not entirely sure that there isn't another purpose for the shark files....even last minute cuts in the game.....which would mean that time at 4am was what I had suspected at the time.

Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy

grenade frenzy, i apologize, i didn't know. I wasn't saying that at all.

I checked and checked and checked but guess what? no shark, dolphins. Im startin to think that the shark layer may be a trophy or something, kinda like the deer.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

It is cool TommyV15 did you get the Jetpack Walk Underwater glitch to work for ya?......and let me guess nothing but dolphins and turtles?