3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

VC1976JLN

SUPERMAN SA BETA v1.0 REL

suminmajor

rahkstar2.gif This is a great mod, but I was wondering, does it only have to be on the computer, or can it be done for the PS2 as well?

-/TNT\-
rahkstar2.gif This is a great mod, but I was wondering, does it only have to be on the computer, or can it be done for the PS2 as well?

Sorry, no mods can be used on the PS2 version of the game. sad.gif

suminmajor

sad.gif aw, thanks TNT, how do you get San Andreas for your PC?

suminmajor

also how do you back up the files you edit/replace?

-/TNT\-

First welcome to the forums.

Second don't double post it is illegal tounge.gif . Hit the edit button instead.

San Andreas is usually bought with currency, from the closest computer games shop or an internet site that has the appropriate services (Amazon for instance)

Well, to make backups you just copy the folders that hold the data to a safe place.

suminmajor

accidental post

Edited by suminmajor

suminmajor

Thanks for the welcome, as well as the advice on double posting TNT!!! I figured currency was used to obtain GTA SA, but you answered the question I was asking about how to get it. As far as backing up the files, do you just place them into an empty folder? (Sorry, I am what you call a certified Newbie.)

-/TNT\-
Thanks for the welcome, as well as the advice on double posting TNT!!! I figured currency was used to obtain GTA SA, but you answered the question I was asking about how to get it. As far as backing up the files, do you just place them into an empty folder? (Sorry, I am what you call a certified Newbie.)

I am a newb too.

Well the best thing to do is make a backup of the text, data and model folders (in Rockstar Games/San Andreas). Just copy and put them somewhere safe. The desktop is a good place. The text folder contains all the lines used it the conversation, the data has all the handling, object placements and the model folder has all the cars, map, pedestrians etc.

suminmajor

I am a newb too.

Well the best thing to do is make a backup of the text, data and model folders (in Rockstar Games/San Andreas). Just copy and put them somewhere safe. The desktop is a good place. The text folder contains all the lines used it the conversation, the data has all the handling, object placements and the model folder has all the cars, map, pedestrians etc.

Thanks!!!

Edited by suminmajor

-/TNT\-

No problemo summinmajor. I wish you luck on the forums... icon14.gif

00jrag

Cool mod. The ability to explore GTA san, as Superman is really cool, + Change to Clark Kent is something that all the Superman games have never gotten right. I like the freedom, I've thought about this idea before.

Some ideas:

I messed around with his unarmed combat and set it at 60 damage, so he prety much can destroy anything he wants, I'm tweaking it so it's more fun.

-Add kryptonite?

-For more powers Fire Extinguisher set to FPS mode, and no extinguisher model?

-Heat vision could be done, just make the infra red beam from sniper rifle to damage? Add 1 more beam>?

-Add special superman only rescues and missions, like bus falling off bridge? Etc...

-Add a Daily Planet mbuilding model?

-X-ray vision? to find hidden packages, items?

-Zoom from rifle switch to act as Super Vision?

-Add another animation to make him fly more heroicly, but I can't imagine a more realistice fly animation other than being thrown throug the air, like a sky diver, freefall but with forward propulsion. It's actually more realistic. smile.gif

When he opens car doors make them be ripped off?

Throw people out of cars further?

This could be changed to to a really fun mod. It's good already.

-/TNT\-

Cool mod. The ability to explore GTA san, as Superman is really cool, + Change to Clark Kent is something that all the Superman games have never gotten right. I like the freedom, I've thought about this idea before.

Some ideas:

I messed around with his unarmed combat and set it at 60 damage, so he prety much can destroy anything he wants, I'm tweaking it so it's more fun.

-Add kryptonite?

-For more powers Fire Extinguisher set to FPS mode, and no extinguisher model?

-Heat vision could be done, just make the infra red beam from sniper rifle to damage? Add 1 more beam>?

-Add special superman only rescues and missions, like bus falling off bridge? Etc...

-Add a Daily Planet mbuilding model?

-X-ray vision? to find hidden packages, items?

-Zoom from rifle switch to act as Super Vision?

-Add another animation to make him fly more heroicly, but I can't imagine a more realistice fly animation other than being thrown throug the air, like a sky diver, freefall but with forward propulsion. It's actually more realistic. smile.gif

When he opens car doors make them be ripped off?

Throw people out of cars further?

This could be changed to to a really fun mod. It's good already.

Welcome to the forums.

Man, take it easy. It is just a modification to the game not a tottaly new one. The features you want will take ages to add and the modder doesn't get paid too so it is better to request small things to be done, one at a time, in the form of suggestions and the modder might be willing to add them.

edit: you should also notice that this modder only created the model and textures. The scripting was done by PLPynton, so he is the one you should ask to add those features.

Edited by -/TNT\-

00jrag

Yeah, sorry TNT, your right. It's just such a cool idea! I have a million more ideas.

alien.gif

It's so cool. Like the guy that said he changes in the pay and spray. lol This is the type of game people really want. Don't get me wrong this could not even have been done without the GTA engine.

So PLPynton, and all mod coders designers you guys are the best! Thanks in advance!

The coolest thing is how erie it is when you have hardcore gangsters walking up on you, killers! But your Superman! so they have a surprise coming. lol I love it. It's like it takes on a life of it's own, and what's more perfect than a Superhero coming to a basically warzone, where a Superhero would be needed.

My brother also thought it was really cool, and he's played everything, but he said this just works because the original game designers meant for it to be a serious game, so when you put a Super character in a serious environment, you get a feeling that he needs to be there. How many games have superheroes in them but are too cartoony, all of them.

Hey, has anyone seen a Greatest American hero mod around? In the T.V. shows TGAH all of the show took place in California, this would be perfect for that idea!

Sorry to go on a hyper rant, but this is the best idea I've seen in years! cool.gif

Faster than a speeding locomotive! biggrin.gif

user posted image

Edited by 00jrag

-/TNT\-

NP 00jrag, maybe you should start coding and then we might expect some stuff from you too. It will feel good as hell when you can make whatever you think of come true in the SA game. wink.gif

VC1976JLN

Hey Guys! colgate.gif

The suggestions to the mod are great, but like TNT said it's alot of work!

I was still working on the Phone Booth theory, by finding a phone booth to change back and forth still no luck there yet, but I also have put this MOD on hold, for a little while due to the fact I'm working on The Punisher Currently. Then it's on to Batman Update then possibly back here to Superman! colgate.gif

Great Screen 00jrag! Love to see people injoy this MOD, of course if you've read the beggining of this Post pg (1) then you'll see that I made the Model and textures, (except his cape Picolini) and the main.scm was written originally by Plypton to make all the cool effects. And Groo/Hyperion made it possible to switch back in forth as in a supersuit! So alot of people helped get the mod this far and I personally LOVE all the ideas to make this MOD better, it's just getting the people with the know-how to help get it there! colgate.gif

VC1976JLN

BTW The Greatest American Hero MOD Groo,Pico,NTSROCKS, and Plypton made that it's located here, Ascendence.net you may need to sign up to download but this is another great modding community! colgate.gif

http://www.ascendence.net/index.php?ind=do...y_view&iden=207

And this was the Place I got Idea from to make this Superman Possible! colgate.gif

Edited by VC1976JLN

-/TNT\-

Your work is well appreciated here. The mod if [email protected] awesome!

Please can you write a tutorial on how to rig meshes onto bones?

Dantohr

hi im from german!and my english is bad sry for this!

the mod is great!

i need the version 1.2 but the download link is not working!

can anybody upload the new version?

another question: have anybody a savegame for the superman mod?

yes?then please upload it too!pls!

i have 2 times played the game complete!i dont wnna played a third time!

VC1976JLN

Dantohr,

Sorry don't know whats up with my link here is another place:

Superman Beta v1.2

http://www.ascendence.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=572

(Will add to the GTAGARAGE Very soon too!!

You may need to register to download, but another great site...

Also, You'll have to start a new game when playing with this mod it uses new script files and any time you over write these, you can not use old save files won't work...

Sorry~But hey your the MAN OF STEEL, Who in San Andreas can touch that? You should be able to be in Las Venturas by mid-afternoon...

Also since this mods been release, I have gotten mail from countless internationals, whom don't speak good english or at all! colgate.gif

Have Fun! colgate.gif

~VC1976JLN (or you can EMAIL ME @ [email protected]) colgate.gif

Edited by VC1976JLN

Dantohr

thx but that message i see: Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

can you upload it to rapidshare or something???

or send it to me with icq! 331310840

i am a big superman fan and i need this!that is the best gta mod ever!

and 1 question: by v1.0 my superman have a SM mask!why???

Edited by Dantohr

The time that changes into superman could not see cape, very pitiful.

However still very good MOD, thank author!

biggrin.gif

VC1976JLN

biggrin.gif

You Must PURCHASE Cape at BINCO'S CLOTHING STORE...

Hope This Helps YOU! colgate.gif

~VC1976JLN

biggrin.gif

You Must PURCHASE Cape at BINCO'S CLOTHING STORE...

Hope This Helps YOU! colgate.gif

~VC1976JLN

Thank you.However some troublesome, become a superman and go home to wear cape!

colgate.gif

Very good MOD, the with gratitude shares it!

GamerShotgun

Hey mate, Nice work on this mod, it's very cool! BTW, could i fix up ur Superman TAG a bit? Like spraying colour, and the texture of it?!

If yes, then i'll send u the files on Monday! tounge.gif

VC1976JLN

Hey all,

Thanks for Posts!! colgate.gif

2222223 Thanks for pointing out the belt, love the details myself so I'll have to change it!! wow.gif

MasterK & to all who read this post, any & all help is welcome on this mod, so many people like it and I only want to be sure everyone is happy including with this mods future so I invite all to help out, please just show me work, and post pics here in the forum... so all can see!! And if I like what you do I'll include in the MODS next update and give all credit where it's due... I know lots of people have lots of ideas, and to be perfectly honest, i get over whelmed with it all at times, and I start many other player model projects, So Please. Show ME the work and if I accept it you can be part of the Superman MOD, and IT's TEAM! the TEAM... Doesn't have a name, or members other than myself so please don't be shy come up with our name if you like, we'll see what sticks...

To be on Team you will have to do more than come up with ideas... Modeling, skinning, scripts what ever but that's it. But of course all ideas are welcome and this "Super Team" will try and make it happen...

There I said it let's see where this takes us... colgate.gif

~VC1976JLN

Work supported you forever! Believe this MOD brings the player a lot of happinesses and recollection!

My English isn't good, say some talk incoherently to please to forgive£¡ happy.gif

VC1976JLN

"My English isn't good, say some talk incoherently to please to forgive£¡ "

I forgive, Pardon, excuse whatever you want, just know my Russian is even worst... colgate.gif

fareed

Its a nice mod, i figured out some of his powers but one thing i didnt got is how yo make him fly like it did in super cj mod but in this version i see that he only flies if he jumps off the roof or something higher, i want him to start flying from ground like super cj mod. If its possible then plz tell me the key combination for doing so, ctrl + n (no conversation) doesnt seems to work which was there in super cj mod for launching him in air from ground.

thanks in advance smile.gif

VC1976JLN

I use a controller similar to the playstation 2 and program the buttons to the liking of the ps2 version, so not sure the exact button combo's but if you look them up inside your controller/keyboard options, then you will see exactly what keys but below is the reference guide to those combinations... colgate.gif

Playing as Superman you can change back to Clark Kent or vice versa by pressing Target+LookBehind.

(You will lose your Powers as Clark Kent.)

If you play as Clark Kent and lose health it will be restored, when you change back into Superman.

To Fly: Press Jump+Crouch Superman will elevate and start flying.

You can change the Speed of Flight by:

Pressing ConversationNo Superman will Accelerate.

Pressing ConversationYes Superman will Decelerate.

(Superman has two poses while flying, You can change between them in flight with GroupForward.)

To Run at high speed, While Superman is on the ground: (I have only done this once, I know it works, don't know

exactly what buttons to hit to activate.)

Press ConversationNo to Accelerate

Press ConversationYes to Decelerate.

The Power Meter Controls the Speed of which Superman reacts like fighting, if the power meter is all the way up you

will not see him throw the punch nor, will anyone be affected by it.

Other Powers monocle.gif

Super-Breath by: (It's More Like Mind Control...((I know))...But this is Superman Theme.)

Pressing GroupForward will make Superman lift a car with his breath.

pressing GroupBackward will blow the car in front of him, with total control of the car.

Pressing GroupForward again will release the car.

He can also push the car forward by pressing GroupBackward.

Super-Heat Vision by: (No-Animation of beams comming from his eyes.)

Pressing Target+Ctrl GroupBackward Superman will use his heat vision to make an explosion in front of him.

Pressing Target+Ctrl GroupForward Superman will use the heat vision on his self and burst into flames burning

everything within a range.

*BTW~ to run fast like superman you must be skinny he will not run super fast being buff or fat, it's to do with the animations I believe, however superman will never be fat or skinny by looks I have made him buff by default... but you can tell by the way he moves what weight class he is at... muppetmaster_karma.gif

Hope this helps you!! colgate.gif

~VC1976JLN

fareed

Thanks alot man colgate.gif

To the person who made this mod: if u r releasing next ver of this then can u put the africa pendent from starting and it is only visible when the player becomes superman.

Edited by fareed