Cutscene Viewer SA

Demarest

Small in size, deep in reach. This is a SCM that offers a menu allowing you to playback almost every cutscene in the game. Even has a gallery mode so that you can sit back and play ALL cutscenes from whatever point you choose to the end. You can at any time break out of gallery mode by skipping a cutscene the same way you would normally. Download page here. Promotional pic of the menu system below.

user posted image

Note - Playback of ALL cutscenes takes about 2 hours and 20 minutes. Again, you can break out of gallery mode at any time.

It seems you're having fun with the possibilities SA has to offer when it comes to text drawing. tounge.gif

Great work as always and keep exploring the possibilities and putting your findings to good use!

Well, not much to say, another great mod by Dem. Oh, by the way, you misspelt "Now add main.scm..." to "Not add", so you might want to look into that. wink.gif

Very nice. I suppose that if someone made a cutscene of his own, it would be easy to view it with a slight adjustment to your code? Correct?

@^:

Very likely (especially since this is SA), but AFAIK (more like 'as far as I remember') NOONE has made his own cutscene like those in the beginning of missions with complicated animations and such, because it requires so much work that isn't worth the "upgrade" from using simple normal in-game animations instead. It's definetely possible, though (actually not entirely sure for SA, yet, as the cutscene data isn't in the SCM[dont remember where:p]).

Yeah, to the unsuspecting, the difference between a true cutscene and a sequence of animations might not be very discernable. But if somebody was to make a bona fide cutscene, the way in which they're attenuated in SA is literally load and execute.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that Cutscene Viewer don't have the three middle and the last scene of "Reuniting The Families".

Those aren't cutsences, they're action sequences. Subtle difference in terms of user experience, but behind the scenes, all the difference in the world. See, to make this mod for GTA3 or VC would be next to impossbile without at least 10x the effort. But since SA for the most part automated true cutscenes, making a jump to menu wasn't that hard at all.

I saw this mod on another site, and downloaded it before I even saw this topic, and I have to say, it is really really cool. I love the way the opacity of the text changes when you move up and down, and the code helped fill me in on how you did that, well done once again Demarest icon14.gif.

user posted image

this is amazing! thanks Demarest

Yo man. I edited it and I'm viewing all the cutscenes with Pac instead of CJ. It is so cool. And with the chain you made, even better.

-/TNT\-

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the after 2 years pump, but I need this script , and I can't find it. If someone have a copy of this "Cutscene Viewer SA" please upload it for me and thanks are to you.

Sorry for the after 2 years pump, but I need this script , and I can't find it. If someone have a copy of this "Cutscene Viewer SA" please upload it for me and thanks are to you.

wtf! damn bump! angry.gif

when someone has the mod, he should compile it as a CLEO mod

Heh, Dem-arrest definately couldn't do it anymore, he's in jail for groping 5 year olds tounge.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Nice one. I really want this but, well, links broken.

Funny, I had a dream some time ago about finding a way to view all cutscenes... And in it I found sooo many unused cutscenes. Weird dream... But I guess it was the day I watched San Andreas: The Introduction. Which amazed me so much!

Geeez, bumping is really that big of a thing? This is a good topic anyway, deserves a nice lil bump. (Or a big 2-year one) colgate.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Wait... Links broken!? cry.gif

EDIT: Sorry, I'm tired today... And slow. turn.gifsleepy.gif

Edited by Deji

I need this tool!! The Download links are BROKEN !!!!!!! confused.gifnervous.gifwhatsthat.gif

Just use tomworld's mission select tool. It does the same thing except you cant view end cuts without completing the mission...

If this is doable in CLEO I'll work on making it. Possibly adding it to my CLEO trainer too. biggrin.gif

• 3 years later...

4 year bump? is that a record or what ..

I would like it as well.. also as well as '-/TNT\-' edit, as he had Pac in his cutscenes confused.gif

If using a ped as a player model (like in Ryosuke's Skin mod), it appears in the cutscene in place of CJ

• 5 years later...
On 9/13/2006 at 2:12 AM, CCPD said:

Great mod! A lot of people would find it useful!

yo man wassup how you doing...i just wanna ask can i get that mod if you still have it? thanks man

On 9/13/2006 at 3:12 AM, SteaVor said:

It seems you're having fun with the possibilities SA has to offer when it comes to text drawing. tounge.gif

Great work as always and keep exploring the possibilities and putting your findings to good use!

hey man how are you...can i get that mod...the link is broken actually...thanks man

On 11/19/2008 at 3:11 AM, Deji said:

Just use tomworld's mission select tool. It does the same thing except you cant view end cuts without completing the mission...

If this is doable in CLEO I'll work on making it. Possibly adding it to my CLEO trainer too. biggrin.gif

hey wassup the link is broken...do you have the mod? please send it to [email protected]

thanks man

8 minutes ago, deshaun456 said:

yo man wassup how you doing...i just wanna ask can i get that mod if you still have it? thanks man

hey man how are you...can i get that mod...the link is broken actually...thanks man

Wow a 6 year bump, anyway you could use this to play cutscenes, I'm working on making it more user friendly (it currently only has the internal names for them)

If you can't find the option it's in Misc - Cutscene List

Edited by Zolika1351
  • Like 1

Igor Bogdanoff

Since OP is 10 years inactive and Zolika did mod with similar concept, i think it's time for a LOCK.

rLDswx2.png1626894873381.gifyardies-in-pip-2022.png