4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Bully

Seddo

DEALUX

How did you achieve 100% completion? I'm stuck at 98.xx% right now and can't figure out what I missed with the guide that I found.

• 3 weeks later...
Joshuagray04
On 9/2/2006 at 9:38 PM, Seddo said:

Well rockstar's upcoming game bully, which is basicly going around bullying kids, has been givin a name change. At this moment rockstar hasnt said why the are renaming the title, but its not difficult to guess that withh all the anti-bullying campaigners have been critising it from day one, so could this be a factor.

now the name change, its getting a new name which isnt so fancy and easily to remember its going to be called Canis Canem Edit which is latin for Dog Eat Dog. It has also been said that the game will not be delayed either, so it will still be coming out in October.

user posted image

So what do you guys think of the new name change do you like it or not.

It’s interesting to read what was the birth of canis canem edit (bully) as I read back on these things and find my old forums account shows how much many of us resented the game, it wasn’t until the game was released and I actually realised it was all about stopping bullying. It remains today one of my favourite games 

Pingley

I've recently started replaying Bully again and man do I sometimes forget how amazing is this game, the setting, characters, gameplay, I love it. I doubt we will ever get the sequel, but if we ever will I hope they wont use the modern day era. I love the fact that it isn't really known in what year is the game set in, it kinda feels like modern time era but also like mid 90's. Modern era bully with smart phones, memes, and whatever would just be bland and uninteresting imo.

Edited by Pingley
  • Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...
Carl Theft Auto

This game was my fav rockstar games. I remember placing prefects in the garbage can then running away from the rest.

Spoiler

Never knew Rockstar Had Plans to kill Gary at the end.

• 2 weeks later...
billiejoearmstrong8

The game is so perfect that I honestly don't mind if it doesn't have a sequel. With GTA there's always room for a whole new story/city/style and Red Dead had so much more about the characters and story to expand on with a prequel. But I feel like Bully is a "smaller" game that stands on its own with a unique aesthetic and atmosphere and everything wrapped up nicely at the end. It doesn't really beg for a sequel. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 4
TheShape2020

Does anyone know how to fix the no mission glitch, I'm on xbox and chapter 3 in game after doing the panty raid mission. 

• 2 weeks later...
The Time Ranger
On 5/27/2020 at 8:01 AM, Pingley said:

I've recently started replaying Bully again and man do I sometimes forget how amazing is this game, the setting, characters, gameplay, I love it. I doubt we will ever get the sequel, but if we ever will I hope they wont use the modern day era. I love the fact that it isn't really known in what year is the game set in, it kinda feels like modern time era but also like mid 90's. Modern era bully with smart phones, memes, and whatever would just be bland and uninteresting imo.

I agree, I like the ambiguity regarding what year it's based in, makes it timeless really, like we've got computers but no cell phones, cars look like they're from the 80's and 90's, there's a whole faction based on 60's greaser culture while the jocks remind me of the antagonists of so many 80's teen movies. The nerds with their Grottos and Gremlins game reminds me of playing Yu-Gi-Oh at school in the 2000's. There's aspects that many different age groups can relate to.

• Like 3
KGBeast

I'm glad there's no Bully 2. I don't want nu-Rockstar destroying another franchise. They should leave their classics well alone and focus on squirting out more Online garbage. 

• Like 3
  • KEKW 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Bob Loblaw

Last year, @ApolloThunder posted a few tweets of a ex-rockstar dev talking about animations he worked on. I was browsing his twitter (not sure why) and he posted some more stuff:

Spoiler

There's a few more videos on his feed which I believe are from Bully too, but he didn't specify.

Edited by Ho Diver
  • Like 5
  • 2 months later...
Skooma Addicted Blade

Anybody know if the physical copies of Scholarship Edition (Xbox 360) come with a fold out map? I'm mostly digital these days but I always get R* games on disc like GTA and RDR because of the neat maps.

universetwisters
21 hours ago, Skooma Addicted Blade said:

Anybody know if the physical copies of Scholarship Edition (Xbox 360) come with a fold out map? I'm mostly digital these days but I always get R* games on disc like GTA and RDR because of the neat maps.

I don't remember my copy doing so, just the PS2.

Just recently I started another playthrough of Bully Scholarship Edition and what can I say ... after all those years since its original release way back in October 2006, this game is still something truly special and unique. It is my favorite Rockstar game and that will likely never change!

The atmosphere this game provides with the changing seasons and the school being decorated accordingly (eg. Halloween, Christmas, ...) is just wonderful and unmatched in any game to date! It is by far the most atmospheric, fun and lighthearted game I have ever played. Oh, and the OST is just 😍.

I cannot praise this game enough and at the end of the day (I know I'm changing my mind here!) I'm glad there is no sequel to it because I know Rockstar would not do it justice and destroy it by making it a satire of modern youth with smartphones, etc.!

I have one wish though ... bring this game to the Nintendo Switch, do it Rockstar!

My favorite mission and part of the entire game is Halloween!

... and then there's Christmas of course!

Edited by Emmi
  • Like 2

How I picture a Bully II trailer happening.

giphy.gif

It starts with Arcade fire playing that song that Rockstar acquired the rights to and then it zooms into our teenage protagonist(s) driving a car even though they are underage or don't have a license yet with their friends in the back referencing The Simpsons. Then a montage of them getting in trouble doing a bunch of sh*t at the school.

It's never going to happen but it's nice to dream.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 5
  • KEKW 1
  • 2 months later...
DownInThePMs

This game has better dialogue than all gta games tbh

Edited by DownInThePMs
  • Like 1
Tony33

I had a question about Bully's soundtrack.  I heard the first printings of Bully have a different soundtrack than later ones.  Is this true?  Or maybe a slight difference.  I only ask because there's a seller on Ebay claiming this: Bully 1st Print MP3 Soundtrack Variant (PlayStation 2, PS2 2006) FACTORY SEALED!  Wanted to put the description because I know in the future the link to the actual auction will be gone: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324206906637?ul_noapp=true

Edited by Tony33
Tony33

Just as I thought.  So this seller is probably full of crap, okay.  Well, I still enjoy these forums.  It's where I found a lot of great tips on GTA and Bully.  I wouldn't have otherwise known that 100 flight hours is considered an Ace pilot ranking in Vice City.  I've done everything else in my latest playthrough, so I'm going to fly the Sea Skimmer in that game for about 30 minutes to an hour a day until I reach that goal.  There was also a new video on one of the Bully youtube channels saying Rockstar was planning on Bully 2 again, but cancelled it a 3rd time.  It was from TheNathanNS and I have to agree with him that this could be good news and that a game shouldn't be rushed into release.  So I wouldn't give up hope on a Bully 2 release just yet: 

• Like 1
Taelxd

Is there a total conversion mod that converts the bully from pc to wii?

• 2 weeks later...
Wucas wester

If Bully 2 get released i would really want a juggalo clique instead of f*ckin greasers

• Like 2
1funeral2many

love this game, have very fond memories of playing it on my mom's pc in high school sneaking into the girls dorm late nights to see if the ghost girl rumor was true. wish i still had that save file, beat the story mode but i think i was only 70% completed with the whole thing.

as with others said already, bully is a classic that doesnt need a sequel. what would they even do with it? send jimmy back to bullsworth? have it revolve around a new protagonist? if im not mistaken that was one of the reasons development for bully 2 kept getting canned - they couldn't come up with a good story or idea to continue it.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:58 PM, Lucas wester said:

If Bully 2 get released i would really want a juggalo clique instead of f*ckin greasers

i second this. if they're gonna date the game at least date it in a dope way

Edited by 1funeral2many
  • Like 1
Wucas wester
8 minutes ago, 1funeral2many said:

love this game, have very fond memories of playing it on my mom's pc in high school sneaking into the girls dorm late nights to see if the ghost girl rumor was true. as with others said already, bully is a classic that doesnt need a sequel. what would they even do with it? send jimmy back to bullsworth? have it revolve around a new protagonist? if im not mistaken that was one of the reasons development for bully 2 kept getting canned - they couldn't come up with a good story or idea to continue it.

i second this. if they're gonna date the game at least date it in a dope way

WOOP WOOP

DownInThePMs
On 1/14/2021 at 3:58 PM, Lucas wester said:

not sure if zoomers even know what a juggalo is now

Wucas wester
2 hours ago, DownInThePMs said:

not sure if zoomers even know what a juggalo is now

Is bully even a zoomer game tho lmao

universetwisters
12 hours ago, Lucas wester said:

Is bully even a zoomer game tho lmao

Bully 2 would be tho if it was released anytime soon

1funeral2many

I doubt most millennials or whoever you called Bully’s original audience really understood what a greaser was

universetwisters
2 minutes ago, 1funeral2many said:

I doubt most millennials or whoever you called Bully’s original audience really understood what a greaser was

All we needed to know was that it was a bunch of dudes who looked like fonzie 

• Like 1
1funeral2many
1 minute ago, universetwisters said:

All we needed to know was that it was a bunch of dudes who looked like fonzie 

Yeah but unless you watched happy days reruns on nick at nite back then I doubt most kids back in ‘07 immediately knew what they were

Wucas wester

Im not from the us or the uk but did ppl really know abt greasers? this may be the dumbest question ever or a legitimate one XD

Mr. Galloway

The Outsiders.