SWEGTA
On 10/12/2018 at 11:37 AM, Orfan Loom said:

This page has just followed me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/REALBULLY2

Have you guys seen this before?

What do you think?

Looks weird. 

I guess this all is simply fan-art...?

2fW6kOt.jpg7PfM5AT.jpgD2KvACF.jpgFbnL02K.jpg

P.S. Yeah, man... this page is surely fake...

The one of the left is a thumbnail I made years ago. The rest is all fanart.

Case closed.

HOW'S ANNIE?

If they're only just putting out the casting calls for Bully 2 doesn't that imply it'll still be another few years off? Taking into consideration the typical development life of a Rockstar game. I don't know if they're going to be able to prolong the life of GTA:O or RD:O long enough to see this title without something else first.

And then comes the other big question. Would they actually try to replicate the monetized multiplayer formula they've got going with GTA and RDR with a game like Bully?

Mafia Assassin®
5 hours ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

And then comes the other big question. Would they actually try to replicate the monetized multiplayer formula they've got going with GTA and RDR with a game like Bully?

A game like Bully probably would be harder to monetize than even Red Dead. I don't think that they will try to include a MP mode in every game, there's games which a online mode simply doesn't fit, Bully being one, IMO.

universetwisters
13 hours ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

No.

"Upgrade to a premium locker to store more slingshots and skateboards for 30 schoolbucks etc etc"

I legitimately don't think that's a casting call for Bully 2 though. Rockstar really doesn't do thrillers or dramas, as was listed in the description, and Bully 1 was a lighthearted action game. Looking at the casting list, it's probably for some dumb artsy LIFE IS STRANGE-esque game.

Edited by universetwisters

Emmi

Oh man, after all these rumors and stuff over the last couple years ... if Rockstar's next game is anything else than Bully 2 I'll be greatly disappointed.

We should probably add a poll here: Will BULLY 2 be announced by Rockstar Games in 2019?

I think they really could announce it later in the Summer of 2019 with a slated release for Summer/Fall 2020 ... at the dawn of next-generation hardware arriving.

universetwisters
On 10/20/2018 at 7:13 AM, Emmi said:

We should probably add a poll here: Will BULLY 2 be announced by Rockstar Games in 2019?

I'm voting no already, just because Red Dead Redemption 2 was announced three years after GTA 5

Claude4Catalina

any idea why the Bully/Canis Canem Edit Brady Games PS2 strategy guide is going for crazy money online?  had a clear out and came across my old game guides, Music Magpie brought most for pennies (not too fussed about earning much on them, I had my use) but the only two they wouldn't take were MW2 and the CCE ones.  looked it up and MW2 will make good firewood but the original CCEs are listed at around £50, some triple that!  I'm guessing it's because of the name change and controversy surrounding the game itself but still, stupid money for an obsolete form of strategy guide.

Beato_dim
16 hours ago, Claude4Catalina said:

any idea why the Bully/Canis Canem Edit Brady Games PS2 strategy guide is going for crazy money online?  had a clear out and came across my old game guides, Music Magpie brought most for pennies (not too fussed about earning much on them, I had my use) but the only two they wouldn't take were MW2 and the CCE ones.  looked it up and MW2 will make good firewood but the original CCEs are listed at around £50, some triple that!  I'm guessing it's because of the name change and controversy surrounding the game itself but still, stupid money for an obsolete form of strategy guide.

Maybe it's just rare?

universetwisters

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/24/dan-houser-thankful-not-to-be-releasing-grand-theft-auto-6-right-now

Has anybody else read this article and think that it means that Bully 2 isn't gonna happen? If political situations and sh*t being way too touchy right now is keeping the Housers for not making a GTA 6, I feel like they're even less likely to make a new Bully game when there's a shooting at a school at least four times a month nowadays.

Femme Fatale
6 hours ago, universetwisters said:

Has anybody else read this article and think that it means that Bully 2 isn't gonna happen? If political situations and sh*t being way too touchy right now is keeping the Housers for not making a GTA 6, I feel like they're even less likely to make a new Bully game when there's a shooting at a school at least four times a month nowadays.

Sweetie, we've been through this. Jackie Thompson and pals boycotted Bully saying it's a "Columbine simulator," but they were proven dead wrong when the game turned out to be an innocuous and charming satire. I'm sure the same thing could happen with Bully 2. Also, using video games as a scapegoat for violent teens is soooo 90s and noughties.

Edited by Femme Fatale

universetwisters
4 hours ago, Femme Fatale said:

Sweetie, we've been through this. Jackie Thompson and pals boycotted Bully saying it's a "Columbine simulator," but they were proven dead wrong when the game turned out to be an innocuous and charming satire. I'm sure the same thing could happen with Bully 2. Also, using video games as a scapegoat for violent teens is soooo 90s and noughties.

Okay but look at how many school shootings there were in 2006 (10) to how many there are in 2018 (35 and counting), times have definitely changed, and if Houser is willing to say "we can't make GTA 6 in today's political climate", I can guarantee that the thought of doing a Bully 2 is even more taboo in his head.

Edited by universetwisters

deadasdisco

I still am not convinced at that casting call considering there mocap studio is in NYC. They wouldn't really outsource in the UK imo. 

TheSantader25
6 hours ago, universetwisters said:

Okay but look at how many school shootings there were in 2006 (10) to how many there are in 2018 (35 and counting), times have definitely changed, and if Houser is willing to say "we can't make GTA 6 in today's political climate", I can guarantee that the thought of doing a Bully 2 is even more taboo in his head.

Not willing to make a GTA in the "current political climate" can have many meanings. One could be as you say, Houser turning into a pussy all of a sudden OR it could mean they basically do not like the writing material available to them in the current time.(And I gotta admit it's hard to satire our current political mess , it's worse then any imaginable satire. ) 

Personally I think Houser never seems to deliver what's going on in his head to his audience through words. He always seems misunderstood. (like the whole 100 hour/week crunch bullsh*t we had in the past couple of weeks) Don't take his interviews THAT serious. Especially when he is talking about GTA in an article regarding RDR2. I don't even know how they got him to talk about it. It's probably just a half assed excuse to get rid of the journalists. 

Edited by TheSantader25

universetwisters
7 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Especially when he is talking about GTA in an article regarding RDR2. I don't even know how they got him to talk about it. It's probably just a half assed excuse to get rid of the journalists. 

Then just ignore the question like every businessman does when prompted with an offtopic question and move on with the rest of the RDR2 interview

kiveress

I'm in expectation of next part of Bully 2 concept art, because GTAFanClub promised to post them after RDR 2 release.

Emmi
14 hours ago, kiveress said:

I'm in expectation of next part of Bully 2 concept art, because GTAFanClub promised to post them after RDR 2 release.

Oh, now I'm excited ... of course I'd be even more excited to have this game announced soon! but concept art will do for the moment

lh1
On 10/27/2018 at 2:21 AM, kiveress said:

Did he ?

kiveress

6 hours ago, lh1 said:

Did he ?

Rather yes, than no, but i can't remember did he say
it in our personal conversation, or it was said in some tread.

Femme Fatale

Hmm, Red Dead 2 has a few Bully easter eggs. Could they be teasing a Bully 2?  

Emmi
On 11/4/2018 at 8:22 AM, Femme Fatale said:

I sure hope so!

MatthewIRL
On 11/4/2018 at 2:22 AM, Femme Fatale said:

And those are?

Lock n' Stock
5 hours ago, MatthewIRL said:

And those are?

A bonus revolver you earn after a stranger mission has this embedded in it.

bullys-canis-canem-edit-1541108127.jpg

MatthewIRL
47 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

A bonus revolver you earn after a stranger mission has this embedded in it.

bullys-canis-canem-edit-1541108127.jpg

That's sick!

Emmi

Wow, that's awesome!

Journey_95

Don't forget the trophy when you finish the game: "Endless Summer". Not sure if these references mean that a sequel is in development though

Emmi

A lot points to Bully 2 being Rockstars next game and I can't wait!

Journey_95

Wonder which type of tone they will go for with Bully? A dark tone certainly wouldn't fit but I also doubt that it's as cartoony as the original game.