2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

An attribute of Florida possibly mentioned in VC

I'm guessing the majority of folks here have never been to Florida. I've been several times. One aspect that ALWAYS keeps me on my toes when I'm there, regardless of what city I'm in, is the threat of...

Alligators.

Okay, you can quit laughing now. cryani.gif

With the various waters and swamps, alligators can be nuisance. Given the scenario of Florida, I'm sure the permanent issue was footnoted on one of the radio shows in Vice City. Am I just crazy or is the threat of alligators discussed in GTA: Vice City?

Regardless, here's an idea to apply to the discussion of "What's going to keep Vic from roaming the entire City of Vice?" In VC, it was the mentioning of a hurricane. In all honesty, that's kind of a bland explanation. So here's my idea...

Let's say there's a problem of... roaming alligators all over the City in parts Vic is NOT granted access to. It could provide hilarious VCPR local news segments, reporting that the National Guard has been brought in to restore order on the streets from the natural tyranny of the long jawed reptiles. Until the weekend warriors can rid the streets of Downtown, Little Havana, and Little Haiti; state officials enforce a curfew on all the residents in those respective areas.

It would keep intact Rockstar's humorous approach to the GTA series.

Thoughts?

alligators arent a bad idea, but i dont think that alligators can live outside of water for extended periods of time. im not an animal expert, so dont flame me if im wrong. also, aligators are found mostly in swamps and sometimes rivers or lakes. the waters of vice are the ocean, so i dont think in reality it would work. then again GTA is not reality

You woundnt even see the alligators, i think they would just be mentioned on the radio and used as excuse to why you cant go to other places.

You wouldn't really find alligators in such tropical areas as Ocean Beach.

You're not gonna conventionally find an alligator inhabiting an area composed of salt water.

That's a pretty bad idea. It would look pretty stupid if you saw about 20 little alligators running around trying to attack you.

It would be funny, but not something I would expect R* would do..

It is entirely possible though, for them to model fully animated...animals, seeing as how that article said they improved the animations in general.

My attention does not call for actual, animated alligators to appear on our PSP screens. They are merely talked about, through the means of VC radio, and are stated as the reason as to why we (read: Vic) is not allowed access into certain areas.

My attention does not call for actual, animated alligators to appear on our PSP screens. They are merely talked about, through the means of VC radio, and are stated as the reason as to why we (read: Vic) is not allowed access into certain areas.

But what is going to phyisically stop Vic from accessing those areas? Invisible barriers in the water is not nearly as logical as a blocked off bridge. Without swimming in Vice City that was a effective way of blocking off other areas, I am not sure how it will work this time. Hah this is just like when Vice City was announced, everyone speculating how they will block off the other areas of the game. tounge.gif

if vic can supposedly can swim then they will probably make it like sa with the 4 star wanted level thing. so that way u could gain access to the other island. but within a few minutes u would probably die.

Well there is a picture of a shark in the waters in a screenshot which unfortunatly i can not post in this forum.... however you can see it at any site such as www.gtavice.com or www.planetgrandtheftauto.com. We were talking earlier that mabey those are what keep you from going to the other islands. They could eat you right up! biggrin.gif

I'm guessing the majority of folks here have never been to Florida. I've been several times. One aspect that ALWAYS keeps me on my toes when I'm there, regardless of what city I'm in, is the threat of...

Alligators.

Okay, you can quit laughing now. cryani.gif

With the various waters and swamps, alligators can be nuisance. Given the scenario of Florida, I'm sure the permanent issue was footnoted on one of the radio shows in Vice City. Am I just crazy or is the threat of alligators discussed in GTA: Vice City?

Regardless, here's an idea to apply to the discussion of "What's going to keep Vic from roaming the entire City of Vice?" In VC, it was the mentioning of a hurricane. In all honesty, that's kind of a bland explanation. So here's my idea...

Let's say there's a problem of... roaming alligators all over the City in parts Vic is NOT granted access to. It could provide hilarious VCPR local news segments, reporting that the National Guard has been brought in to restore order on the streets from the natural tyranny of the long jawed reptiles. Until the weekend warriors can rid the streets of Downtown, Little Havana, and Little Haiti; state officials enforce a curfew on all the residents in those respective areas.

It would keep intact Rockstar's humorous approach to the GTA series.

Thoughts?

Actually I have been to Florida numerous times. I have family down there.

Aligators would be cool in VCS, especially if they attacked you while you were swimming and even attack boats.