3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

R*'s big September surprise

We've all seen the information about R* not revealing everything about VCS until September, and that this September release will be a 'surprise'.

But what will it be?

My two theories are that the big surprise is either -

1) Online Multiplayer

or

2)A much larger Vice City.

Number one is feasible. Even if the modes on LCS alone, simply adding an online function would have worked. However, as that was their 'rookie first-gen release' compared to VCS, they may have kept it back, either to get LCS onto shelves quicker or so they have a hand to play with VCS. Also, R* recently bought several online servers, which could be used either for VCS (which may be used as a dry run for online GTA4) or GTAIV. So this seems both perfectly logical and perfectly possible. Also, notice that no mention was made of it in those Gamepro scans, meaning that, if it does exist, it either isn't fully tweaked or R* want their surprise to be a surprise...

Number 2, although not as much of a surprise, as hints of a much, much larger vice were included in the Gamepro, may still be possible. Rockstar may have kept information leaked on just how they have made it larger restricted, and the surprise could logically be a new island (I.E everglades) or a radical redesign of an existing space in the city (I.e the golf club or huge beach)

Of course, the big surprise could be story or character related, but it seems unlikely that R* would reveal a key, shock aspect of the storyline a whole month prior to release.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts. What are your views on this big surprise?

I think both will happen, just the fact that the suprise is the multiplayer and not the bigger city. (Already been revealed partially)

If there is online multiplayer, i'd like to see how they do it.

According to the gta place, it's going to be much bigger, but since this is set before, I imagine there is a place that gets blown to bits....

And you probably get to sink a huge boat, just to explain why there was one in vc....

At the end of the day its really a PSP game, so i wouldnt get to excited about what you will be able to do in the game, or the size.

Why would it be bigger than VC, It is VC.

Im also sure they will think about the cheap console release aswell like LCS, so dont expect to much.

Both are really really good theories. I would most likely hope that both features would be in the game. However I would prefer a MASSIVE online multiplayer.

I don't think they literally mean a bigger VC. I think they were referring to the content. More missions, more vehicles, etc.

I would love it if we had a bigger VC, as in new islands around the city, and a lot of new buildings and attractions on the actual city, or just a lot more interiors. I wouldn't want them re-mapping entire parts of the city.

Though I would not be suprised if they add just an island or three around VC. That would be great.

And they could have it place further away from the city then that barrier in VC is, so they could get away with that particular continuity error.

i think in gta vice city stories there will be a huge map with extra islands and we now VCS is set in 84. so in between the games 84-86 there was a hurricane maybe this was a big huricane that created a little sunami thing thus covering large quantities of land which would of dissapread under all the water by 86 so we dont get to see the land.

At the end of the day its really a PSP game, so i wouldnt get to excited about what you will be able to do in the game, or the size.

Im also sure they will think about the cheap console release aswell like LCS, so dont expect to much.

I bet you're not an owner of a PSP.

I bet you're not an owner of a PSP.

lol, someones jealous that the wont play VCS when it first comes out lol biggrin.giftounge.gifph34r.gif

i think in gta vice city stories there will be a huge map with extra islands and we now VCS is set in 84. so in between the games 84-86 there was a hurricane maybe this was a big huricane that created a little sunami thing thus covering large quantities of land which would of dissapread under all the water by 86 so we dont get to see the land.

That would work really well.

I'm hoping we get good ports of VC Stories for PS2, XBox, and PC. It deserves the same modding attention VC recieved, especially with the new engine.

That would work really well.

I'm hoping we get good ports of VC Stories for PS2, XBox, and PC. It deserves the same modding attention VC recieved, especially with the new engine.

thanks biggrin.gif

and Vice City Stories would be awsome on the PC it could even be better than san andreas, i really hope they bring it out come on R*

2)A much larger Vice City.

its cant be bigger because VCS has to be set back to the same

size as VC or it wouldnt make sense and im doubting online

play aswell confused.gif

Idon't think that it will be the two things you mentioned, I think it will be something that affects all of the players, not just the ones that have access to a wireless modem, personaly I think that it will be a hurricane during the story so that parts of the city a destroyed and otherparts are half built to VC standards or a working Submarine.

They say its larger, although that really can't make any sense. Only the possibility of another island the size of starfish island or so could really be considered. In two years, not much more could have happend.

I mean it´s most likely not the thing R* will reveal, but Do you guy think there´ll be parachutes? Cauz in the Australian Gamepro, they mentioned a mission where you fight on rooftops and enemies parachute down on ya. And so far everything you saw in the game was accesable by the player, most of it.(forget those silly cablecars in SA)

Suction Testicle Man

There is no way in hell it will have online multiplayer. I'm willing to bet large amounts of money on that. As for an actual larger map - I doubt it. PSP owners haven't played Vice City - so why would they put more effort into making it different to the PS2? They're selling out, might as well just let them get on with it until we have a proper game released.

I reckon we'll have a new character and storyline, with the normal map - plus we'll have helicopters and planes because LCS didn't. Nothing special.

As for an actual larger map - I doubt it. PSP owners haven't played Vice City - so why would they put more effort into making it different to the PS2?

But what if they put it on PS2 like LCS? sly.gif

Suction Testicle Man
anuj_cop.gif what do you mean psp owners haven't played vc, I own a psp and have played vc

I meant played VC itself on your actual PSP, Lieutenant Literal.

Brutuz: The game is designed for PSP, end of. They put it on PS2 to scrape that very last bit of money out of die-hard GTA fans - they won't give two sh*tes whether or not they're releasing exactly the same game twice. (As you can probably tell I'm not too impressed by their methods - it's like EA all over again).

They should release LCS on PC and Xbox(I own PS2) but so everyone can play it. Then after its been out for awhile release VCS on PS2, Xbox, and PC on the same day for everyone. Please R* hear our pleas for VCS on console.

Edited by azkickin

yea maybe there was another area that was probably destroyed by a hurricane maybe there was more houses in starfish island or some area nearlittle havanna or little haiti. rahkstar2.gif