3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

The Audio

TheDude5000

With LCS, R* kinda got all cheap. We only had maybe one or two returning voice actors.

I'm happy that they got Frank Vincent back, but I was hoping they'd get Michael Madsen and the others.

That's one of the things that pissed me off about LCS. They really didn't care too much about the audio department. This also shows in the dull soundtrack, full of filler and music I'm sure they didn't have to pay too much for to license. '98 had some great alt rock, some great alt metal. Pearl Jam - Yield is just one of the albums I'm thinking of. Then you have bands like Tool, Pantera, and Slayer making good albums around this time. I was extremely dissapointed when I first read the soundtrack info in the back of the LCS instruction manual.

Then again, they were just testing the waters in LCS. Why have a larger budget for the soundtrack when you don't even know if the game will be successful?

Well, LCS was successful, or as successful as a PSP game could be.

Now they know they will gain some profit with the PSP, so I'm hoping they spend a lot more cash on the audio department.

This is VC, and you can't do VC justice without top-notch voice work from celebs, and a rocking soundtrack.

I'm really hoping they bring back Phillip Michael Thomas to voice Lance. He did a pretty good job in VC, without sounding like Tubbs from Miami Vice too much.

I know you don't need celebs to do voice work, but it's something we have come to expect from R*, and a great addition to the games.

Then there's the soundtrack. VC has probably the best licensed soundtrack in gaming history. This is what they have to live up to. It's a very high standard.

I really hope they don't give us some filler stuff like Head Radio. I want VCPR, Wave 103, and the almighty VRock.

I wanna hear some Motley Crue, some Judas Priest, some Iron Maiden, some Slayer, and some other kick-ass 80's metal. I wanna hear some grooving New Wave tunes like that Sputnik track from VC. I wanna hear some more Public Issues talk shows, with "Maurice Chavez!".

I want a roster of great 80's tracks. Not some original drool made by R*, or some obscure music noone has even heard of before.

I'm sure some people enjoyed that World Music station in LCS, but when it comes to VC, no thanks. Keep that in LCS.

They can afford to give us a great soundtrack, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind releasing it in a box set or on seperate CD's, like VC.

Look at Scarface:TWIY. Already that soundtrack is shaping up to be amazing, looking at the trailer. Tracks such as "Push It To The Limit" and "Kickstart My Heart".

This is one part of VC that must be done right.

I'm looking foward to VC Stories a lot. That preview was amazing, and they seem to be on the right track. Let's hope they get the soundtrack right..

i really hope that they do put alot of effort to the voice acting and audio. Like if they don't get philip michael thomas to play lance again, then that's moe like an impersonater lance. And thy should put a lot of popular 80 songs and bands like michael jackson, phil collins( hey remember that scene in miami vice with in the air tonight?), sting,metallica,IRON MAIDEN,genesis,and don't forget hall and oates. I hope ther are a lot of songs to listen to to give that feel of the eighties because lcs didn't make me feel ike i was in the late 90's. Plus i hope the gameplay kicks ass. rahkstar2.gif

I think you are being too harsh on LCS's soundtrack, if you remember GTA3 was basically the same deal and it worked. I think Rockstar didn't want to change the vibe of Liberty City and thus why we had what some people say the radio stations sucked.

I do however agree with you regarding VCS needing to be similar to Vice City in its musical department with real artists and none of this made-up stuff. 1984 to me was the best year for 80's music and I hope Rockstar go to town with them.

Anyone notice that twice now Liberty City has been used as testing grounds? confused.gif

I'm not complaining, I just think that New York City is better then that... right?

I think you are being too harsh on LCS's soundtrack, if you remember GTA3 was basically the same deal and it worked. I think Rockstar didn't want to change the vibe of Liberty City and thus why we had what some people say the radio stations sucked.

I do however agree with you regarding VCS needing to be similar to Vice City in its musical department with real artists and none of this made-up stuff. 1984 to me was the best year for 80's music and I hope Rockstar go to town with them.

Well GTA 3 had some better music. The Scarface soundtrack for one, I would choose over that sort of disco music in LCS.

And they could have taken advantage of all the great albums that were on the charts in '98, yet they chose to choose music which couldn't have cost to much to have in the game.

Though, as I said before, they were testing the waters with LCS. The game could have flopped, and all that money on the soundtrack would have been a waste.

Oh yeah trust me there were many songs I remember from 98 that I had hoped would be on the soundtrack instead the only song that I really remember was that great Dance Pop Track Sing It Back by Moloko and the other dance track Free by Ultra Nate.

Here's a list of some great tunes from 1984(and before) that I think should be included;

Thriller - Michael Jackson

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper

Legs - ZZ Top

Like A Virgin - Madonna

Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham

Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen

Jump - Van Halen

Pride (In The Name Of Love) - U2

I Just Called To Say I Love You - Stevie Wonder

Against All Odds - Phil Collins

Karma Chameleon - Culture Club

**1999** - Prince

Flashdance (What A Feeling) - Irene Cara

Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners

Sharp Dressed Man - ZZ Top

Let's Dance - David Bowie

Every Breath You Take - The Police

Do You Really Want To Hurt Me - Culture Club

True - Spandau Ballet

Too Shy - Kajagoogoo

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - Eurythmics

Mickey - Toni Basil

Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor

Jack and Diane - John Cougar (Melloncamp)

Tainted Love - Softcell

Get Down On it - Kool & the Gang

Who Can It Be Now - Men at Work

Don't You Want Me - Human League

Centerfold - J. Geils Band

I was very disappointed with the LCS soundtrack, though I really enjoyed the GTAIII one.

A lot of the GTAIII stuff really wasn't my style, but they were fun songs (Boyz 2 Girlz or whatever that band was called tounge.gif ). LCS weren't really. I enjoyed K-Jah and a bit of LCFR, but that's pretty much it.

Going by that article, they have some good tunes lined up for VCS, so I've got my fingers crossed!

i pray for the zztop songs. 2 off the 3 guys went to my highschool. they played at my dads prom too. they were a real contribution to the 80s

Going by that article, they have some good tunes lined up for VCS, so I've got my fingers crossed!

What article?

The Australian GamePro article that was posted a bit ago, but it was removed at Rockstar's request.

Mentioned the soundtrack, I forget the exact words but it sounded optimistic.

The funny thing is, that I listened ZZ Top - Legs when reading the magazine scans, without realizing that the song was very popular in '84. I do hope that this song is going to make it to VCS, among other great songs of course.

all the charcters in the game that will be returning all need to be the voice actor from vice city and not someone else playing the voice roll, i didnt like it when they used different voices in LCS

I believe the music will define Vice City again. Songs I believe should be in the game.

P.s: Note that if Rockstar set the game in 84 it dosnt nescesarrily mean all the songs will be from that year.

Funky Town - Pseudo Echo

Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves

Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division

Take On Me - A-Ha

Love Shack - The B-52's

Girls on Film - Duran Duran

Heart of Glass - Blondie

Walk Like an Egyptian - Bangles

Tainted Love - Soft Cell

Generals and Majors - XTC

Wake Me Up Before you Go Go - Wham

Holiday - Madonna

Boys Dont Cry - The Cure

E=MC2 - Big Audio Dynamite

Relax - Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Money (Thats what I Want) - The Flying Lizards

Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper

Any Way You Want It - Journey

You Make My Dreams - Hall and Oates

and of course the ultimate matching most perfect song for the game would have to be

1984 - DAVID BOWIE

Of course this isnt a list of songs from '84 as i said before but its pretty much a list of great 80's new wave tracks that should be used in the game.