no Michael Madsen?

ToniCipriani4

ToniCipriani4

i really wanted to know if anybody had any info about why Michael Madsen was not the voice of Toni. Madsen is one of my favourite actors and i thought he was brilliant as Toni.

and another thing Madsen did a voice for TRUE CRIME do you think rockstar would drop him for working for a rival company?

its just a thought

Toni's voice in GTA:III was little bit of fatter than in LCS. In 3 years Toni Cipriani gets overweight for gettin 500,000 dollars from Salvatore.

I think he didn't do it because like others, he did not like to be associated with the game after its controversies.

ToniCipriani4

i agree that he may have not wanted to be associated with the game for the controvosy.

But surely anybody that signs up to do a voice for a mafia gang character would probably know there will be some controvosy.

• 16 years later...

16 years later I to get interested in this question lol. Maybe Michael Madsen was not considered necessary (because he is not Italian) or did he personally refuse? But to see a fairly high-profile actor in GTA as a protagonist (like Ray Liotta🌹) would be entertaining.

universetwisters

It wouldn't surprise me if him taking the role of Tanner in Driv3r played a factor in Rockstar not inviting him back

• Like 1

sTgL5iS.png

Kid Named Finger
21 hours ago, universetwisters said:

It wouldn't surprise me if him taking the role of Tanner in Driv3r played a factor in Rockstar not inviting him back

Could 2006 r* be that petty? Div3r has never been serious competition for GTA. I probably wasn't even alive when they last had a hit driver game

Edited by Kid Named Finger

universetwisters
41 minutes ago, Kid Named Finger said:

Could 2006 r* be that petty? Div3r has never been serious competition for GTA. I probably wasn't even alive when they last had a hit driver game

I heard (I don’t remember where tho so take it with a grain of salt) that when THE SIMPSONS GAME was at E3, the bit that parodied GTA was shown off and some rockstar rep came by and told them “hey this is too much like our game yall gotta change something”

Even if it’s not true, their pettiness wouldn’t surprise me tbh  

sTgL5iS.png

AnythingGoner
On 2/6/2023 at 6:50 PM, universetwisters said:

I heard (I don’t remember where tho so take it with a grain of salt) that when THE SIMPSONS GAME was at E3, the bit that parodied GTA was shown off and some Rockstar rep came by and told them “hey this is too much like our game yall gotta change something”

Even if it’s not true, their pettiness wouldn’t surprise me tbh  

Damn. Rockstar was overprotective of their IP more then Nintendo back then. :kekw:

Edited by DubiousThiny
  • KEKW 1

I think it was just due to budget. GTA Advance was the last portable GTA and that didn't turn a profit and since LCS was early in the PSP's life, maybe they thought it wouldn't be worth the risk to hire too many big name actors incase either or both the PSP and / or the game fail financially, and considering how one of those big name actors played the protagonist of this new game, it would be better to hire a smaller actor, while keeping secondary characters with their celebrity voices like Salvatore Leone with Frank Vincent.