2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Will there be a PS2 version of GTAVCS?

Rockstar would be foolish not to take advantage of this market as well. After all, PS2 owning GTA freaks will wanna get as much GTA action as possible while we wait for GTA4.

Anyone heard anything about a PS2 version of the game?

Edited by Rock Howard

There’s nothing on the PS2 version at this point, all Rockstar will be concentrating on is completing the game and getting the marketing ready for the PSP users.

However if it does really well in terms of sale and feedback then it’s more than likely to be ported to PS2. LCS was because it sold well for PSP and Rockstar knew there were plenty of GTA fans without PSP’s. In many peoples eyes Vice City is the best setting for a GTA game and I’d expect sales of VCS to go through the roof.

I’d expect sales of VCS to go through the roof.

Yup, I suspect you will be proven to be dead right there. Hopefully the same thing that happened with LCS will happen with VCS and us PS2 owners will get our version as well. biggrin.gif

tekkenfreek233

Yeah but this tme around, they should at least spruce it up for the PS2 and make it look polished. That's what was disappointing about GTA: LCS PS2. You would expect R* to add a little spice to the PS2 version but whenever you got it, all you got was the "Hello Again" sign changed to "You just can't get enough of this alley, can't you?".

R* should be smart and change up its technique when porting from the PSP to PS2 and make it to where gamers in general want it whether they got the PSP or not...

It was a direct port, that is why it cost £20 or less, it's like saying make the PC version 20x better than the ps2 and xbox versions just because it was released later and then have it half the price as well

I hope it will be released as soon as possible on the ps2. I think LCS on the ps2 took too long to come. I will be buying it even if its a direct port from the psp but i would like to see at least the "climbing walls" feature and way better graphics

I’d expect sales of VCS to go through the roof.

Yup, I suspect you will be proven to be dead right there. Hopefully the same thing that happened with LCS will happen with VCS and us PS2 owners will get our version as well. biggrin.gif

Well the PS2 owners might be bumming

VCS is suppose to be Exclusive.. meaning that it would only come out for the PSP as of what R* said.. even though we cant be sure of them. Honesly... is they were even going to release VCS, it would be a year after the date, and that is when they are releasing Gta 4.. so the chances of it coming out on the PS2 are very slim.. but i could care less

Because i pre ordered mine on the PSP and i dont have to wait a year cool.gif

So all you NON PSP owners..... tounge2.gif

Hope it comes out on Ps2 just Like GTA:LCS did cause I aint keen on buying a PSP (cause the only reason I would buy one is for this game), but GTA:LCS was originally PSP exclusive and then they ended up porting and selling it for half the price of a regular game which was a VERY good decision.

Guess we will just have to wait and see aye...

Dunno if it will come to PS2. Alot of people are talking about there is no point in getting it for PSP because it will just be ported to PS2, but you cant be too sure about it.

I hope it doesn't come out for ps2.

PSP exclusive only!!!

Plus I sold my ps2 a few days ago...

LCS is so much better for the psp.

I can't wait tell VCS comes out!!!

VCS is suppose to be Exclusive.. meaning that it would only come out for the PSP as of what R* said..

Yeah, but didn't they say that about LCS when it first came out as well? biggrin.gif

The only reason I would think there may not be a PS2 version because by the time it comes out on PS2 the PS3 will have been out and usually after that the previous console gets ignored somewhat. Maybe rockstar will do some special double pack for the PS3/PS2 where you get Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories together similar to the GTA3/Vice City Double Pack?

talldarkhandsome

well i for one hope it comes out on the ps2, im not buying a psp for just one game. I don't see why they wouldn't, they will need to keep gta gamers on both psp and ps2 interested, in time for GTA4.

I think people will still get it for the PSP regardless of its possible port to PS2, not only because it will be a great game but I’d expect multiplayer and a new cheat device will be available for it and as we know both were taken out of the PS2 version of LCS.

I think people will still get it for the PSP regardless of its possible port to PS2, not only because it will be a great game but I’d expect multiplayer and a new cheat device will be available for it and as we know both were taken out of the PS2 version of LCS.

we have already been told that there wont be another cheat device for vcs because of the update