1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

few more things about main vcs main man?

a few times on these forums some said that r* never added main characters on the covers, so the vcs main character is not one of those guis (and girls) drawn on the boxart.

well, i might proove you wrong, the first episode starring the main character on the front cover was vice city. tommy is that guy on top of the title, putting he's sun-gasses on, while in front of he's mansion, the one on star island.

san andreas shows carl either on the bike or, more possible, on the botton-right corner, sitting on he's car (first i tought it coud be cesar vial, but the drawing shows a black character, not a hispanic one).

and lcs comes with tony at the bottom-left cornet, holding a gun.

considering that we can, as well, guess wich one of those characters represents who and is any of them the main slicer?

well, even with characters shown, r* doesn't bring them in the front line. tommy stays on top of the box, somehow covered by the title, carl is either amall or bruised by logos, and tony has a problem with the esrb policy. maybe this way r* shows/teaches us that nobody is unforgetable, but only small pieces in a big corrupt system. afterall, you kill tony and sal, you kill avery, wich was a nice guy in vice city, maybe in gta4 you'll be killing carl or any other loved cult-character. r* puts it all behind, i guess, the power belongs to the moment, not the future... err, what was i saying? the cover for vcs.

ok, so, it is obvious to me that rubina won't be the star of the game, or whoever that mustache guy at the middle-left is, at least because is fat, and this is not to tell us that muscle sys will be implemented in vcs, no way. seccond, it is too much in the front.

the image in the helly makes me think of a new targeting sistem while in air, not that restricted one, but the possibility to fire any of your power weapons (snipers, assault, etc). this image might also be releated to the middle-right one, both guys have short mustache, so they are either the same or in the same gang. if they are in the same gand it means no one is the main man, because no other character has the sime look, or these two fine mans look quite the same, only clothes differ. and here we get to the other possibility: the same character, the main, with different clothes. abviously clothing sys will be available, but will it be more sophysticated? anyways, we might have a main character on one of these images (blue suit from raphael's, same type like tommy's first outfit).

top-right biker: lazlow is back! as well the byker gang, wich gives a chance for bmb to be main boss. true, big mich baker was a rebel and a tough guy, as well as the other mains. he is violent enough to contain the needs of a violent storyline, and i say that because i'm sure that he was the one to throw kent paul out trough a window. seccond, mitck is a gamer, we all know that, he loves pin-ball, like i'm sure many of us do and this is also a chanse for the in-game games to make a nice return from top systems to a handheld. oh, and did i said that lazlow is back? aaaham, yeah! the so big biker at top-right corner (wich, btw, is not mitch) tells us that rock culture will play an important role in creating the atmosphere, being for vcs what hip-hop is for san andreas.

passing over the beautifully shaped girlsfor obvious reasons, we finally arrive to the last image, wich reveals us some surprises smile.gif. the zone myght belong to colonel cortez indeed, he is the one that partners the guy-wich-name-i-forgot, that you have to kill as tony. what do we have in the image? i say is colonel cortez scoping woth he's binoculars, he's yet loyal and later unlucky partner aaand... that guy that shoots from the helly in the top-left image. see thr short? good. this might be our character smile.gif! and, speaking of shirt color, note the blue on gonzales (i remembered tounge.gif) and that guy in middle-right? this might be a clue for something wink.gif

now let's imagine a little storyline, shall we? you work for colonel cortez, doing some errands for him, bla bla. sooner or later you get involved in wars or alliances with other gangs, inlcluding bikers, cubans and, represented here bu the guy in blue suit, either forelly's or diaz's men. somehow and for sure, gonzales links to the blue guy's gang in an unpleasent manner, therefore the match of color. remember vice city was giving subtle clues about lances's late backstabbin' while the story was rollin', and san andreas does just the same thing with smoke and ryder. unusual questions and all... this color matching might be a clue in the same category wink.gif

imagine the rest or even more and spot it here biggrin.gif

Jesus Christ. Use Paragraphs. Are you like 10 years old?

The guy right at the top is SONNY FORELLI. Have you ever played Vice City. Oh wait. Your another f*cking 10 year old.

The guy on the BMX on the San Andreas Box is NOT CARL JOHNSON. And the guy on the car is CESAR VIALPANDO. For f*cks sake you are a moron..

And Toni Cipriani is not on the cover of Liberty City Stories.

Get your facts straight you little moronic 10 Year Old.

Edited by gRiM-reapa
GTA3Freak-2001

I got a mirgrain just trying to read your post, anyway you could of just posted in the Boxart topic you know. Even though you are wrong about Tommy, Carl or Toni appearing on any gane boxart.

The guy right at the top is SONNY FORELLI. Have you ever played Vice City. Oh wait. Your another f*cking 10 year old.

The guy on the BMX on the San Andreas Box is NOT CARL JOHNSON. And the guy on the car is CESAR VIALPANDO. For f*cks sake you are a moron..

This post made me laugh(I agree with you, I was laughing with you so to speak, not at you).

The guy on BMX was Mad Dog and the one who's near lowrider is Cezar. The guy at gta lcs botton left corner is Ray, two guys in the middle are Masimo Torini and Kazuki Kasen. The guy with sunglases was Sonny Forelly. Anyway CJ and Mike are the only characters that had Artwork and they never where on box art, so it almost imposible that someone from the box art is the main character.

CJ never had his own artwork.

It would be stupid make an artwork of a character who can change his face, hair, body, clothes... ¬¬

Toni had his artwork in GTA3... So maybe, MAYBE, the character in VCS already had his artwork in VC...

DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr

Yes, he did:

And I'm pretty sure this is Claude, too:

I was going to say that, too, but then I remembered GTA Advance and the artwork of Mike. And come to think of it, I'm pretty sure there were two pieces based on Carl.

I'm going to take that comment back, after finding that Claude is actually on GTA: IIIs boxart. Here's a picture I scanned:

user posted image

I've taken the crosshair off so you can see him more clearly.

Yes, he did:

I was going to say that, too, but then I remembered GTA Advance and the artwork of Mike. And come to think of it, I'm pretty sure there were two pieces based on Carl.

I'm going to take that comment back, after finding that Claude is actually on GTA: IIIs boxart. Here's a picture I scanned:

user posted image

actually those #1 and #2 pictures arent CJ you can tell the first one isnt but the second one maybe him but we are talking about box art here not artwork

I think while you was typing that little pissy fit you Shiat yourself

Dont take your anger out and flame of the forums dickweed

smile.gif

Sure.. he didnt make paragraphs... but at least he typed it all out

But no.. there is no carl johnson in VCS...that is a given

I read like 5 lines, and I can alredy say you are wrong. There was never a main character on the box art at all.

user posted image

Not sure about this one. Although it does look like the GTA3 guy, you can never be 100% sure.

And the two pics of carl I also thoght it was him (more so the first one) but seeing as how you can chang his appearance an whatnot, I now have my doubts.

claude isnt on the gta3 boxart maybe the original PC boxart but not on the ps2 thats sonny on the vice city boxart and that guy on the bike is a proto for the grove street gang members deffinatley not cj and the guy leaning against the car is ceasar and cj was taken out of the art of the drive by art at the bottom of the case and on the lcs boxart the guy you discribed ( the guy with the gun ) is ray...toni is on the right of the gta logo

Yes, he did:

user posted image

Can you proof those are CJ?

Are there any subtitle saying it?

Does R* said it?

CJ can change his look... There's no artwork of CJ... Neither Claude...

DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr

Yes, he did:

user posted image

Can you proof those are CJ?

Are there any subtitle saying it?

Does R* said it?

CJ can change his look... There's no artwork of CJ... Neither Claude...

You can't prove they are not him, either. And I'm siding with ATK here - I now have my doubts.

Close this.