2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Swimming in VCS

This is a very risky question with many drawbacks and conclusions..

I just got done playing VC and i noticed that there is a sea floor and rocks.. ect.. in the ocean, unlike LCS. I also noticed that there wasnt as many walls.. If you dont know what im talking about.. those of you who play LCS or Gta III would know that there isnt many beaches in LCS there is just concrete walls because you cant swim. Would it be possible for R* to make swimming an option in VCS?

What do you guys think about it?

This they could easily add. But they probably won't add it, we probably won't see swimming again in a GTA until GTAIV is released. But we all hope they do this in VCS.

Yeah, I doubt we`ll be able to swim. Hopefully, there will atleast be see-through water like in VC though. Vice City just wouldn`t look the same with the boring water from Liberty City.

Swimming would change VC forever, in a good way. This would make the game sales go up big time.

Too bad rahkstar2.gif most likely won't add it.

I think there is a strong possibilty of them adding it.

I can't see it actually taking that much work.

Even if they just let you swim on the surface and not underwater, that would be fine.

It would be a great addition. But it looks unlikely, unfortunatly, as GTALife said, we proabably wont see swimming until the next fully-blown GTA.

This sucks.. i want swimming soo bad...

Im sick of falling in the water and dieing

And what gets me ticked the most is trying to jump in boats and falling out

I see where your coming from here, i just checked out Vice City, and yeah, there is a sea floor, but do we know if its solid? If it is, swimming seems more likely. smile.gif

I just got done playing VC and i noticed that there is a sea floor and rocks.. ect.. in the ocean, unlike LCS. I also noticed that there wasnt as many walls.. If you dont know what im talking about.. those of you who play LCS or Gta III would know that there isnt many beaches in LCS there is just concrete walls because you cant swim.

that's just because VC is based on Miami with clear blue water and large beaches, and LC is based on New York, which is not aimed at swimming, but much more industrial and such, and where the water is much more polluted.

at that point it doesn't have anything to do with the ability to swim or not.

I hope they put it in of course, I mean, it's Miami.....

if they can, they MUST put it in...

I see where your coming from here, i just checked out Vice City, and yeah, there is a sea floor, but do we know if its solid? If it is, swimming seems more likely. smile.gif

No, i remember useing cheats to reach the seafloor, and it is not solid

A way to test this without cheats is to sink a boat, and watch it fall through the sea floor

The Bone County Butcher

God i hope so, swimming would give us the one great thing that Vice City was missing. The waters of Vice City are absolutly stunning and beautiful, it makes you want to jump in, it lures you....

Hehe, just remembered, if swimming were added to VCS wouldnt it be really creepy? Remember the amount of sharks in the sea muppetmaster_karma.gif , if they could attack you it would be a killer feature to the game and add to the realism.

If there is going to be swiming in VCS, wouldn't that just be a way to get to the other islands before completing the game? Of course, there could always be a wanted level waiting for you if you got across, like in GTA: SA.

If there is going to be swiming in VCS, wouldn't that just be a way to get to the other islands before completing the game? Of course, there could always be a wanted level waiting for you if you got across, like in GTA: SA.

Yeah, the wanted level would be a good cause and it would be the perfect way to keep us off

Plus.. its just dumb to go over to the other island... when it due time you will get over there

Here's a good question, would you be willing to wait an extra month or 2 for them to add swimming? Because you know that would make the release date get pushed back, unless they were already planning it

Here's a good question, would you be willing to wait an extra month or 2 for them to add swimming? Because you know that would make the release date get pushed back, unless they were already planning it

They would have planned it by now moron

They dont just get the idea of swimming 2 months before the release date u noob

you are called newbie and you call someone a noob ...i hope is added with sharks that attack you biggrin.gif

you are called newbie and you call someone a noob ...i hope is added with sharks that attack you biggrin.gif

I hope someone drop kicks you to the sun right after they tear your balls off

biggrin.gif

I don’t think it matters that this isn’t a full blown GTA, I think it boils down to the fact that this game like Liberty City Stories will most probably be built on the Vice City engine, which as we all know does not include swimming. I think some have lost sight that GTA was/is still a great game series without swimming, it’s just San Andreas has spoiled us in a way with all the things we could do in it.

If Rockstar decide to make San Andreas Stories then maybe we would have swimming as the game would have to use the San Andreas engine to keep with the look and feel of its predecessor.

I don't really want swimming to be in the game so I can swim. Swimming is slow and borring.

I want swimming in the game so I don't die if I fall in the water. It's annoying!

That's why I think it would be fine if they just let you swim on the surface. Then if you fall in the water, you don't drown like a muppet.

Only allowing swimming on the surface would be a lot easier to engineer into the game also, because they wouldn't have to mess about too much with making the sea bed solid.

Most of the bits around the edges of the islands are solid anyway, and it wouldn't matter that the deeper sections of sea bed weren't solid.

i think no swimming makes the game a bigger chalenge.I died a lots of time triing to do something in GTA 3 and VC but i returned and i eventualy succedded a but in SAN andreas swimming makes thing easier a little boring and shortens up the blahblahblah... you got the point right

I don't really want swimming to be in the game so I can swim. Swimming is slow and borring.

I want swimming in the game so I don't die if I fall in the water. It's annoying!

That's why I think it would be fine if they just let you swim on the surface. Then if you fall in the water, you don't drown like a muppet.

Only allowing swimming on the surface would be a lot easier to engineer into the game also, because they wouldn't have to mess about too much with making the sea bed solid.

Most of the bits around the edges of the islands are solid anyway, and it wouldn't matter that the deeper sections of sea bed weren't solid.

If they decided not to make a seabed like you described, then they could not have sinking cars and boats because if we stayed in them...

Blue Hell here we come smile.gif

Damn peeps! Pets, I want pets! I want the awesome rush of running away from a pitbull after kicking him! Actually, I want the owner and man's best friend to chase me while I cover my nads in hopes of finding a near by car or running sufficiently enough to where I can shoot them both!

As much as i want swimming, it seems unlikely.

Swimming will probably be introduced in San Andreas Stories(if the game is ever made).

Like someone said, just making swimming on the surface possible, without diving. If your in a car and drive into the water, your health would start to go down since you have no air, and you would eventually die. I would like it to be there, but I doubt it will.