4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Eviscero

Lady in the Water

Eviscero

Hands down this film was attrocious. Insulting. A crock of sh*t. Shyamalan took a big pretentious sloppy sh*t into a crock, stirred it up, and tried to sell it to Disney. Disney told him to rewrite it so that it would be a decent movie - he told them to f*ck off, threw it at WB, and here we are.

Justification be damned, it's like he made up the story as he went along. Which is partly true. Every person defending it against a bad review will drop lines like "it was based on his children's bedtime story...it's about fantasy...you missed the point". No. Anyone with a brain capable of analysis of what it sees can understand that just taking a bedtime story which can be made up on the spot for little kids doesn't necessarily translate to film well. Especially when you do a sh*tass job with things like, oh, character development, story flow, plot in general, suspense of disbelief....

I have mixed feelings on Shyamalan. Sixth Sense was one of the great horror films of our time. Signs is one of the dumbest stories ever. I thought The Village was interesting. You get the picture.

Anyway, again, this is just a bunch of pretentious nonsense. Even if he did have a coherent plot with decent flow that was remotely engaging, he f*cked up again by putting himself in there. Not just a cameo, not even just a supporting actor. He made himself quite literally the most important person in the world. The writer whose writings will change the world. Nobody understands the writings just yet because they're ahead of their time, but one day they'll change the world. What a jackass.

Anyway, yeah, I wanna make like the South Park kids when they went to Mel Gibson to get their money back. He lives up the street from me.

ToyMachine

That movie looked really bad in the previews. I never go see a movie that looks bad in previews although some turn out to be gems. I mean, could you have really expected something else other than boredom before you went to see this movie?

CM Punk

The previews looked like sh*t. I wouldn't bother seeing it either way, because Shyamalan makes sh*t movies. (Signs, The Village, among others)

Tsuroki

Everything went downhill with Shamamalan after Sixth Sense. None of his other movies were even half-decent, and I can't help but notice that the man is completely self-absorbed. His work is like highschool film student garbage with a larger budget. It's not "deep", it's not "artistic". It's crap.

I refuse to watch Lady in the Water. Absolutely refuse.

Brown Streak RR

I agree, the previews for this movie were stupid. I've had no intention of stepping foot inside a cinema with this film rolling. I thought The Village was a better-than-average plot, but every other one of his movies after Sixth have been utter crap. (Unbreakable was decent, Willis/Jackson/Train... but still)

I don't even want to hear what his next project is. suicidal.gif

Bigs

I haven't seen the previews, but I have seen some of the clips they've been showing on late night tv. I actually thought it didn't look that bad. About his other movies, Sixth Sense was great, Signs was mediocre, the Village was very interesting but I thought the ending was witty yet not what I wanted.

Jordan

Jordan's Order of Best to Worst Shyamalan Films (not counting art films)

1. The Sixth Sense

2. Signs

3. Unbreakable

4. Lady in the Water

5. The Village

I thought Lady in the Water had a great story. I enjoyed it.

GTA3Freak-2001

Yeah I saw the trailer and just thought how terrible it looked, after The Village I haven't wanted to touch a Shyamalan film ever again. What a borefest that was, glad it sounds like this one truly is a terrible film.

eyeswideshut

Brother saw it while I was at work. He said he thought it would be a scary movie but it turned out just to be a fairytale. He said it wasn't that bad but he didn't like it. So I didn't want to go see it after that. Too bad for Sham, seemed like a decent movie but eh, guess not.

VELOCI

Well, what the hell do you expect? M. Night makes sh*tty movies and has a sh*tty name.

Bond

Why is it that all his freakin' movies are PG-13? Damn, I've yet to see one of his movies that don't have that rating. I love how they are supossed to be all freaky and sh*t, but COME ON, at least have an R rating. PG-13 just doesn't cut it anymore. rah.gif

Kippers

I thought the Village was a well good film, the ending was predictable, but that's the exact ending in wanted for that film, so i was happy smile.gif

I actually fell asleep the first time i watched the sixth sense, but th second time though it was pretty good. I had no idea it was shamathing that did that. wow.gif

I think i'll avoid this one aswell icon14.gif

Jordan
Brother saw it while I was at work. He said he thought it would be a scary movie but it turned out just to be a fairytale. He said it wasn't that bad but he didn't like it. So I didn't want to go see it after that. Too bad for Sham, seemed like a decent movie but eh, guess not.

In every trailer and TV spot, the words "A BEDTIME STORY" appeared in huge 183pt font, so don't give me that crap about how someone expected it to be something else.

Torcidas

Hmm. I enjoyed The Village. Lady In the Water just doesn't tickle my fancy.

Creating movie topics to diss them ain't a good thing either.

Uno Carb

I laughed a bit a few times while watching the TV spots for it. Especially when's she's like "RUNNNNNNNN" and you see that giant warped wolf, roffle...

RoAcHcliP

Hes got talent, but sometimes he needs to listen to other people. He refused to change his script after disney executives asked for changes. Something i didnt know was that he wrote stuart little!

Forty

Everything Eviscero said is an echo of what my good friend told me when he saw it, and he and I tend to agree about films. I've heard nothing but sh*t about this and I have no interest in watching it.

What the f*ck is Shyamalan thinking?

Eviscero
Hmm. I enjoyed The Village. Lady In the Water just doesn't tickle my fancy.

Creating movie topics to diss them ain't a good thing either.

It's called a review. Making movies that make their reviews look like flames ain't a good thing.

Capricornus

Heh, I told my girlfriend that this movie was going to suck, and yet her sisters convinced her to go with them and see it anyway. She got back, and called the movie all type of bad names lol. I tried to tell her.

Yes this movies got some very bad reviews before it came out. Man all that work directing a sh*tty movie.

I heard that the Directoor got the idea from his daughters who had a dream about this. He was interviewed a bit of VH1.

Philtheonearmedbandit

When you're listing the sh*t he's directed ,one must not forget that he directed Stuart Little as well.

-shaDow

I wanted to like The Village so much because I had liked all his other movies, but it was so bad I was actually angry by the end. The dialogue was just about the worst I've ever heard in a movie.

This one f*cking blew too, I'm not surpised in the least that he's getting crucified by the critics over it.