2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Lance Vance as Main Character!

Ok, me and my friends live for Grand Theft Auto. That's all we basically play and talk about. Just the other day my friend Brent told me that he seen an article on the internet (forgot which site) saying that Lance is going to be the main character for GTA: Vice City Stories. It kinda makes sence. Brent told me that it is going to be set in the year 1979. And it will involve Lance working for Ricardo Diaz. Plus I guess Rockstar felt like they needed another black guy for a main character. Personally, I hope this is not true. I friggen hate Lance! I am not a racist though. I hope it is Phil Cassidy.

No, your friends a liar, people always use the excuse (FOR GOT THE LINK) casue there lying and just want attention.

Philtheonearmedbandit
Thanks guys! I am going to go shoot my lying friend in the face now! Peace and chicken grease, GTA-King

Somewhere in the world Jack Thompson's ears just perked up.

Fake like they said. But, Ricardo Tubbs is his VA, so I would be happy.

Lance's voice actor was Phillip Michael Thomas.

I would like to see Lance in the game if it is set before VC era, because I liked the Lance character, although he stabbed Vercetti in the back in the ending, but still.

Fake like they said. But, Ricardo Tubbs is his VA, so I would be happy.

Lance's voice actor was Phillip Michael Thomas.

I would like to see Lance in the game if it is set before VC era, because I liked the Lance character, although he stabbed Vercetti in the back in the ending, but still.

I know, Ricardo Tubbs is a Philip Michael Thomas' character in Miami Vice. So yeah, I meant Philip.

i would rather see Lance as main character than this fa**ot Phil

but i dont like both of them , Lance is just a dope dealer , he just dont fit as a main character

You complete fu*king dumbass. Like Vercetti never sold coke. The idea of GTA is killing people and making money... Drugs make money. There is a fa**ot around but it isnt Phil Cassidy happy.gif

tekkenfreek233

Actually, I'd like to see Lance as a playable protagonist. It'd be fun.

OFF TOPIC: Hmm...If they make a San Andreas stories, (or at least they use a city from San Andreas) I kind of hope they make Claude (From GTA 3) the main character. I, personally, would like to see what he did before LC.

kent paul would be a good one, better than lance, he is a pussy tho but it could take place after VC and before SA. i just think danny dyer is a class actor and kent paul was a very mysterious character in both games, would be a good idea. We sort of learnt stuff about lance and they could fill in the gaps in the game without it being him as the lead character, there just seems to be more scope to do anything with kent paul cos no one knows about him, surely thats a decision maker when ur rock* cos theres nothing better than the scope to implement everything you want without any comebacks of 'this could never happen cos of...'

if not kent paul i want phil, only with gary busey's voice tho, cos he rules, should make a game about his life thatd probably be more violent and riddled with more sex and drugs than all the gta games put together.

You complete fu*king dumbass. Like Vercetti never sold coke. The idea of GTA is killing people and making money... Drugs make money. There is a fa**ot around but it isnt Phil Cassidy happy.gif

vercetti sells drug but he has the respect , his gang and the power in vice

there is a huge difference between mafia boss and just some drug dealer dealing on street corners ,

lance doesnt have no background , no gang , no respect

but i dont like both of them , Lance is just a dope dealer , he just dont fit as a main character

Erm.. Did you pay attention to ANY of the game? The whole game basically resolves around Vice City and it's drug trade. After all, it's based on Scarface..

Anyway, I doubt he'd be the protragonist of the game.. hopefully, the time period will be after, so he'll be dead. devil.gif

Erm.. Did you pay attention to ANY of the game? The whole game basically resolves around Vice City and it's drug trade. After all, it's based on Scarface..

Anyway, I doubt he'd be the protragonist of the game.. hopefully, the time period will be after, so he'll be dead. devil.gif

i heard a rumor that vice city stories is after gta vice city and that Lance survived and you have to hunt him down

kent paul would be a good one, better than lance, he is a pussy tho but it could take place after VC and before SA.

No, never "Kent" Paul. He is not a guy who could kill a man. He is a wuss, thinks too much of himself. He might hang around big gangsters, but is not that kind of character to run around the city and kill people.

Dodge Boy City
Well I went to EB Games and the person that works there told me that Vice City Stories will be released on July 18, 2006. They even had copies already on the shelf. I promise this is all true.

Seriously?!

I thought it was going to be October, or sometime nearer then?

I don't think the main character will be kent paul he's a talker.

it won't be joey he get other people to do the dirty work for him.

It won't be, Claude, Tommy Vercetti, CJ, Tony Cipriani they've already been main characters.

won't be Salvatore Leone he's to old and get other people to do the dirty work for him

Won't be Diaz Lance, Sonny, Hilary, or any dead characters because rockstar don't kill off main characters

I think we see Ray in GTAVCS if its set after 2001 Also Donald Love because he was in Vice City In 86 and in 2001 he was in Liberty City and disapeared perhaps he returned to Vice City Went because he was in vice city in 86 then in 2001 and disapeared

The main Character could be the old lady who use to own the ice cream factory. Joking! I wouldn't like to guess.

kent paul would be a good one, better than lance, he is a pussy tho but it could take place after VC and before SA.

No, never "Kent" Paul. He is not a guy who could kill a man. He is a wuss, thinks too much of himself. He might hang around big gangsters, but is not that kind of character to run around the city and kill people.

i know kent paul is a pussy, or at least thats how he comes across, i just think theyve got a lot to do with him, he doesnt have to be a pussy, they could change whatever they wanted. Even if he was a wuss the storyline might be him getting pushed until he goes mental and turns into a cockney badass. he'd be good i think especially if there is a gta london

I think Kent Paul was ok even though he was cocky which i thought was funny

Kent Paul will be in GTA London because he was a cockney and were did he get his money from nice clothes, nice birds and He drinks

Edited by Games-master

i think the main character will be Colonel Cortez in the 80's 1982 or 1980.

Lance Vance was a traitor. I don't wanna play as him. The more I think about it, playing as Colonel Cortez would be pretty cool, if the game was set years before VC.

This is the thing though, if Lance hadn’t betrayed Tommy and lived to fight alongside him then people would want to play as him. But because he turned out to be a traitor no one is interested, but why?

Admittedly every main character we have ever played with in GTA could be called a bad guy for all the killing and stealing. But why not be a proper bad guy like Lance? Get to understand why he is a turncoat, why money easily sways him. Again it's all just speculation, the game could be set before VC which could include Lance, or it could be set after and as we know would mean no Lance.

Lance Vance was never in Vice City until after his brother was killed (At the beginning of GTA:VC), so you aren't going to be playing as him. sorry tounge.gif .

Unless it's a prequel like LCS, Lance is definitely not going to be in it since he gets killed by tommy in VC

Tommy's right-hand man

My guess is that vcs will be set before vc like in the late 70's or early 80's because the characters that are on the box art look like characters that are in vc. Like the blonde lady that is standing next to the sports car looks like a younger version of Mrs. Shrub who ofcourse is Congressmen Shrub's wife. Also the guy on the left with the mustache looks just like Umberto Robina, the cuban gang leader and the biker on the top right is NOT "Big" Mitch Baker, he looks like a biker that is on Baker's bike gang also the two guys on the "Little Gupper" boat at the bottom look like Colonel Cortez and his right-hand man Gonzalez. I think you play as Colonel Juan Garcia Cortez........ but hey what do I know it's just my guess.

P.S. I don't think you will play as Lance "Quentin" Vance because rahkstar2.gif would not use a character who betrayed Tommy and then later got killed by Tommy to be a main character, I think playing as Colonel Cortez or Phil Cassady would be pretty cool. Maybe even a younger version of Ricardo Diaz would still be cool.

Edited by Tommy's right-hand man

Ricardo Diaz also got killed and Colonel Cortez is too old ...not only character from VC maybe Luigi Goterelli or salvatore son could be the main characters..only rahkstar2.gif knows right now