Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

Greatest Scenes Ever

larrythek

when scarface snorts the huge mound of cocaine biggrin.gif

and when nosferatu is in the doorway breadfish_by_Moto.gif

fox09

Contact was a great move.

I loved that part when the psycho religious dude explodes the alien space-teleporter-thingy. It was so un-expected, and such a bizarre turn of events. Plus, they did a great job filming it.

Also the, "Why build one, when you can build two for double the price" was great.

scabo19

The "bad guy" speech by tony in SCARFACE

The part where uma kills all those asian dudes in KILL BILL VOL 1

Jedihunter

Godfather II: All flashback scenes.

Aliens(Not an action movie, technicly it is a Science Fiction Horror movie): The scene where they think the aliens are outside of the door with their little "radar" thing, then they notice somehow the Aliens are inside the room.

A Nightmare on Elm Street: All death scenes especially the first one, hell, I'll throw in the Bathtub scene in just for good measure (and near nudity).

Forrest Gump: I like the Vietnam scenes best, hell I don't think there is a single part of that movie I don't like.

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi: Not really a paticular scene, but the last act of the movie, everything is happening at once, the Rebels are on the ground, there is an Airbattle outside of the Death Star II, Luke is facing his father... you get the idea.

The Crow: I can't remember names in movies I've only seen once, but basicly Eric Draven (The Crow) goes after that one guy... I don't know his name, but he was "hitting" his sister, and everyone else in the room gets blown to bits, a few other scenes in that movie are paticularly good aswell.

Kraknor
That scene was good, but when he loses Wilson near the end was better imo. I've never felt saddened by someone losing a piece of sports euqipment in my life.

I'll say. I didn't love the movie that much, but I've always admired the writer/director for being able to create a character out of a volleyball. Not to mention a character that most watching the movie will actually care about, something that most movies can't do with their main character. It really is brilliant.

More on topic;

Last House on the Left, when the parent piece together what happened to their daughter. Then when she bites the guy's wang off, lol.

Monster, when Charlize Theron (can't remember her character's name) get's raped, if you can call it that. I couldn't get that acene out of my mind for the rest of the day.

Snares

The Blues Brothers. The car chase scene in the earlier stages of the film.

Edited by Snares

Xo4

My two that stick in my mind are:

Back to the Future- The Delorean Time Machine test. Its just so welll done especially Doc(Cristopher Lloyd) And Martys(Micheal J. Fox) body movements.

The Crow(the first one)- When He kills T-Bird. Big Boom= Fun. Then he pours gasoline everywhere and he lights it on fire and it Is a crow.

Canuck

Network

user posted image

Howard Beale: Last night, I got up here and asked you people to stand up and fight for your heritage and you did and it was beautiful!

6 millions telegrams were received at the White House!

The Arab takeover of CCA has been stopped!

The people spoke!

The people won!

It was a radiant eruption of democracy.

But, I think that was it, fellas. That sort of thing is not likely to happen again, because at the bottom of all our terrified souls we know that democracy is a dying giant, a sick, sick dying, decaying political concept writhing in its final pain.

I don't mean that the United States is finished as a world power. The United States is the richest, the most powerful, the most advanced country in the world -- light years ahead of any other country.

And I don't mean the communists are going to take over the world, because the communists are deader than we are.

What is finished is the idea that this great country is dedicated to the freedom and flourishing of every individual in it.

It's the individual that's finished.

It's the single, solitary human being that's finished.

It's every single one of you out there that's finished.

Because this is no longer a nation of independent individuals. It's a nation of some two-hundred-odd million transistorized, deodorized, whiter-than-white, steel-belted bodies, totally unnecessary as human beings and as replaceable as piston rods.

Well, the time has come to say, "Is 'de-humanization' such a bad word?" Because good or bad, that's what is so.

The whole world is becoming humanoid -- creatures that look human, but aren't. The whole world, not just us. We're just the most advanced country, so we're getting there first.

The whole world's people are becoming mass-produced, programmed, numbered, insensate things....

jimmy.
Not a movie scene per se, but there was an episode of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air where Will's father comes back. When Will's father leaves him behind, Will and his Uncle Phil have a conversation in which Will Smith does one of the best performances I've seen to date. That is my all time favorite charater interaction scene.

I completely agree. I may not watch many movies, but that is probably the best f*cking scene ever. Will Smith showed that he actually had a lot of acting talent with that.

Retroactive
The entirety of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Amen to that movie

bigbilly123

Anchorman - Where Jack Black kicked the dog off a bridge and said "Thats how I roll!"

Dirty Harry - "Ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?"

Green Street - At the end when the Millwall fan headbutted the West Ham United guy and then got on top and started punching him until he killed him

Alien - The chestburster scene with John Hurt

8 Mile - The final rap battle where Rabbit has the entire 313 gang chanting "f*ck Free world ... 313!"

This is Spinal Tap - "Our amps go to 11!"

Kidulthood - At the end where ( I fogot how to insert spoilers ) . . . . . . . . . Sam hit the main character (fogot his name) with a baseball bat then got hsot himself . . . . . . . . . ( Ok you can read now )

Pulp Fiction - The scene where Butch runs over Marcellies Wallace

Layer cake - (Again the art of using spoilers has slipped my mind) . . . . . At the very end when the main character becomes the mafia boss and names all the people who died in the film then says " i do not want to add my name to that list . . . My name? ( You then realise throughtout the entire film he was refered to as "mate" and "Boy"), if you knew that then you would be as clever as me." ( The penny drops that he has outsmarted and fooled everyone ) As this sinks in his lovers crazed boyfriend then runs at him and shoots him in chest and adds " I'm sorry" and runs away, then everything that he has built up in the film you see quickly fade as he bleeds to death on the steps of his mansion . . . . . (read on!)

Scarface - The chainsaw and shootout scences

Thats all i can think of atm

Mafia Righthand_Man

Big Trouble (I think this is one of the funniest movies I've seen. I just love it. Unfortunately it was doomed at the beginning because it has a scene with a hijacking and a bomb on a plane, and the release was near 9/11. Oh well.) - The whole scene where the mafia hitmen take the shot at Arthur and chaos ensues. You have to see the movie really. It's just hilarious.

And:

Snake:"I got this gun pointed at you, so don't do anything stupid."

Jenny: "How would you even know if I did something stupid."

*Dumbfounded look*

Snake: "I'll just know. Believe me, I can tell the difference."

Full Metal Jacket (Obviously):

Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human, f*cking beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian sh*t. Because I am hard you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on ni**ers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?

Snatch:

Sol: He's a natural, ain't you Tyrone?

Tyrone: 'course I am...

[reverses into parked van]

Vinny: A natural f*cking idiot.

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels:

Eddie: They're armed.

Soap: Armed, armed with what?

Eddie: Err, bad breath, colorful language, feather duster... what do you think they're gonna be armed with? Guns, you tit!

Tom: Rory Breaker?

Barfly Jack: Rory? Yeah I know Rory. He's not to be underestimated, you've got to look past the hair and the cute, cuddly thing - it's all a deceptive facade. A few nights ago Rory's Roger iron's rusted, so he's gone to the local battle-cruiser to catch the end of his footer. Nobody is watching the custard so he turns the channel over. A fat man's north opens and he wanders over and turns the Liza over. 'Now f*ck off and watch it somewhere else.' Rory knows claret is imminent, but he doesn't want to miss the end of the game; so, calm as a coma, he stands and picks up a fire extinguisher and he walks straight past the jam rolls who are ready for action, then he plonks it outside the entrance. He then orders an Aristotle of the most ping pong tiddly in the nuclear sub and switches back to his footer. 'That's f*cking it,' says the guy. 'That's f*cking what' says Rory. Rory gobs out a mouthful of booze covering fatty; he then flicks a flaming match into his bird's nest and the man's lit up like a leaky gas pipe. Rory, unfazed, turned back to his game. His team's won too. Four-nil.

darthYENIK

I'd like to add the scene in fight club when 'jack' beats himself up in his boss' office.

Philtheonearmedbandit

I'm not sure if this counstitutes as an action scene as it wasnt really choreographed much or anything like that. But the scene in They Live when Roddy Piper and Keith Davids just beat the sh*t out of each other for like 20 minutes, I love that scene so much.

Mister Pinkerton

In the Ted Bundy film when he says to his girlfriend that he's like to try another position. He's say says it's just another way to make love. Then all of a sudden you see her tied to the bed, ankles strapped to her wrists!. The he says ok, don't move, don't even breath. And she goes along with it. Heheh. What a sick f*cker!

Or, the Jesus scenes in the Big Labowskie. "8 year olds, dude."

Edited by ThePinkFloydSound

spazmo

The end scene of Scarface with Tony and Sosa - "Say hello, to ma little fren'!".

The end scene of Training Day with Denzel Washington in "The Jungle" with Ethan Hawke and all the essays around him.

Goodfellas - The scene with Joe Pesci and Ray Liotta in the restaurant - "Funny how?!" tounge.gif

Lord of the Rings III - The final battle. So epic!. Gondor vs. Mordor then Riders of Rohan, then Olephants, then Army of the Dead guys

Edited by spazmo