3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

darthYENIK

Superman Returns

Jordan

X2 was the best X-Men in my opinion. It had fun with the characters and what could be cooler than the good guys and bad guys uniting as one set of mutants?

Tetsuo2501

see thats the thing tho, Magneto isn't a bad guy at all, he just believes that being a mutant is part of evolution. Survival of the fitest. Hell if you ever read up on the comic, you know that he eventually joins the x-men as a teacher to the new mutants.

Edited by Tetsuo2501

GTA3Freak-2001

Saw it today and well it was nothing special, I felt it lacked substance in alot of areas. It was alright, much like X-Men 3 was although I'd rate it a bit higher then X3.

Made

It was a pretty good movie, I enjoyed it. Towards the end, I was expecting the kid to do something, but it never happened.

-shaDow

It was good, but the real plot hole in the movie is that Lois' marriage is so unbelievable. Any normal guy would notice and be turned off by the fact that Lois' pussy had been utterly destroyed by Superman's dick of steel/hyperspeed pelvic thrust.

Jordan

It was a pretty good movie, I enjoyed it. Towards the end, I was expecting the kid to do something, but it never happened.

Notice that this was one of few movies where the kid isn't annoying. Props to Bryan Singer.

Capricornus

Ah, Superman Retturns. I have NOT seen this movie yet, and I am still thinking if I should go and see it or not. I might go see it Friday, not to sure.

And Batman is my all time favorite superhero. He is the coolest one, and not to mention that he kicks ass without superpowers. He just relys on his gadgets and fighting skills. I think he is the only DC without superpowers too, not really sure. Batman Begins was a great movie IMO.

Edited by Super_Dante

Goodfella.

One thing I really don't get about Superman is the whole idenity hiding thing.

I mean how f*cking stupid are the supporting characters? Jimmy Olsen for example, his friend looks near identical to Superman, only he has glasses and doesn't have his hair slicked back. All of a sudden Superman returns after a five year absense, low and behold so does Clark Kent! no one even thinks this is the lightest bit fishy.

Really f*cking stupid, that's how stupid they all are.The film aint out here yet, I think I might wait for the dvd though. I'd rather go see Dead Man's Chest.

PsychoFlames
Magneto isn't a bad guy at all, he just believes that being a mutant is part of evolution. Survival of the fitest.

Yeah, and Hitler thought his people were better than the Jews. Survival of the fittest! Genocide isn't so bad when you think about it like that.

noodles

Saw it Friday night as part of a quadruple date and all of us liked it except for the old lady. Spacey did a great job as Luthor. Best performance of the whole cast in my opinion. The only one who turned in anything near a bad performance was Kate Bosworth as Lois, but it wasn't horrible. The plot could have been a bit more compelling. By that I mean Luthor's evil plan could have been better but the execution was pretty god. The only real complaints I can see about this are its length (nearly 3 hours) and comic book purists' annoyances with the film taking certain liberties.

@shadow

Valid point, but a Cyclops is a one eyed monster, so I'm sure he could make due.

Scarface187

Saw it today. I liked it a lot. I love that they kept the original music from the first old movies in it and not to mention the beginning was like the originals too. It was awesome getting to see it in theaters. I loved the performances of Spacey and the guy I forget who is name is who was Superman. They're performances as I was watching kept reminding me of when Gene Hackman and Christopher Reeve played the parts. Great job on their part. Kate Bosworth wasn't bad as Lois but she could of been a bit better. The plot was good I thought, it just could of used more. And I loved to see Superman getting his ass kicked for a change not counting when that one guy punched him at that diner in Superman 2. Any Anti-Superman fans are in for a treat there. tounge.gif

Really good movie but it could of used some other stuff to make it excellent. I think if they ever decide to do a sequel they should bring back general Zod and the other two, but then again they bit the dust in 2 so unless the director acts like the original movies never happened it wouldn't be able to work.

smile.gif

GTA3Freak-2001

I've come to the conclusion that the reason I didn't quite love it was that it was different from the usual Superhero movies of late, it handled things so much differently to what I expected. I still feel that they dragged it on a bit leaving some parts of the plot not played out enough like Lex Luther's evil plot.

Iminicus

I loved it. It really captured how Superman flys, which I loved. I also loved how they updated Neo Flying for this movie. I have absolutely no qualms with this movie. I love Superman.

darthYENIK

Please don't mention the N-word in here. Or the M-word. Those words no longer have any meaning.

jarjar

It's really annoying, my city theater isn't getting Superman Returns, and i was really thinking of seeing it. A bit of a bugger. I'll have to wait until it;s released on DVD i guess. confused.gif

Iminicus
Please don't mention the N-word in here. Or the M-word. Those words no longer have any meaning.

What Neo and Matrix? I agree but you must admit that how Superman fkys is like Neo, only better.

PsychoFlames
Please don't mention the N-word in here.  Or the M-word.  Those words no longer have any meaning.

What Neo and Matrix? I agree but you must admit that how Superman fkys is like Neo, only better.

Superman flies like Neo?

I recall in the second Matrix movie where they refer to Neo as "doing his Superman thing."

Scarface187

f*ck me. Neo has nothing on Superman. I don't know why he was brought up. Superman flies like Superman.

JoeyLeone25

Good film. Not great, but a good watch. Didn't know it was a sequel to the original and at the beginning was a bit lost when he he crashed won to Earth as a child then two minutes later is 20yrs older, but I finally twigged...an hour into the film. tounge.gif Bit boring with only Lex Luther there, been a million times better if there were more 'bad guys' for Superman to defeat in the film, but meh, atleast we got to see him deflect a bullet from his eye.

Striker*

I'm not a huge fan of Superman. For the obvious reasons pointed out before me. But nevertheless, I saw "Superman Returns". It actually wasn't a bad movie. It was WAY too long though. I've always hated Lex Luthor's character in the comics and cartoons but Kevin Spacey made me like him. And Kate Bosworth didn't completely butcher Lois Lane so that's good. Plus she's smokin hot so I wouldn't care anyway. One gripe I do have is that if you see it in IMAX, there's only 4 scenes in 3D

MMFF

The movie was awsome. Everyting about it was great. Except for at one point the had a pretty close up shot on Kate Bosworth's ass. She has no ass at all. Other then that, I loved it. Christopher Reeve would have been proud of the movie.

When they made it look like Superman was dead, the whole room got really quiet. I would have cried If I didn't know that they can't just kill him off.

darthYENIK

The character has usually been portrayed very two dimensional. Now I'm talking about superman, and not clark kent. Clark Kent is a better character than Superman. Superman is supposed to be himself, and then dresses like Clark Kent as a disguise. But when he's Superman, he's usually very unemotional, and flying to the rescue. That's usually what we see of Superman. And it's where all the action happens most of the time. The other time is spent with Clark. And no one wants to see Clark being shy around Lois, or Mr. White. If we wanted to see that we'd read archie.

That's just what I think.