4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
God Slayer

Clerks 2

Skins

I saw this last night, and it was the funniest movie I've seen this summer, and probably the best I've seen also.

The whole theater was cracking up pretty much the whole time.

Porch Monkey 4 Life.

Hobo Rocket

PillowPants: The pussy troll.

weirdal

I'm confused about something here.  According to imdb the sequel is both b&w and color.  The use of black and white for the first one is what made it work so well imo.  I was hoping the sequel would follow suit, but from the previews it looks like a lot of it is in color, and if that's the case then I'm already having my doubts.

Making a movie in color does not make it bad...

It would have been a lot worse if it was all in black and white. In clerks, it made it great, adding to the fact that their lives had no direction. Clerks 2 was different. it focused on Dante starting a new life, and there is not much focus on how boring their day-to-day lives were. Clerks was definatly a lot more low-key than this one.

There are only 2 or 3 minutes of black and white film. the beginning when they see the building on fire and the end, when they return to the store

if you liked clerks, go see this. in fact, even if you didn't like Clerks, go see it. it is the funniest movie I have seen in years.

The only thing I hated was two scenes. the go-kart scene and the dance sequence.

and something off topic: There was a guy 1 seat behind me (maybe 21 years old?) who thought it would be funny to make retarded comments the whole time. durring the previews he called every actress a whore, loud enough for everyone to hear. and it was obvious he had seen it before (likely downloaded it online) because he kept quoting scenes before they happen, as well as saying "this is funny" before things happen. sarcasm.gif

Luckily someone 10 rows back told him to shut the hell up about half way through the movie. that calmed him down a bit. you could tell even his friend was getting annoyed by him.

Edited by weirdal

Forty

This movie was fantastic. I laughed my ass off from start to finish. It isn't as sly and witty as the first film and goes for a more straightforward, offensive, horribly vulgar angle. But it works, and I want to see it again.

Uno Carb

Yeah, this movie was f*cking hilarious. I loved the flashback on the original Clerks at the very end of the flick. This really is a movie worth watching.

darthYENIK

I just found out they filmed this movie 10 minutes south of my house.

Craig Kostelecky

I really did enjoy this movie after my first viewing. But I think it will have the least replay value of all of the Askew movies. The jokes are all very funny the first time you hear them, but I have a feeling they'll get old very quickly.

The ending really saved the movie for me. Not that I thought it was bad until then. It just wasn't my favorite VA movie (that's still Chasing Amy with Jersey Girl being a close second). But until the ending kicked in I thought the movie was very sophmoric and low brow. But at the end I felt it was a very good movie. Kevin Smith is still my favorite storyteller.

Forty

I don't think Jersey Girl qualifies as View Askew. I think it's just a Kevin Smith flick. That's just a guess, though.

darthYENIK

I think it's best if we just forget jersey girl was made.

Kevin Smith-Jay & Silent Bob=failure

Kevin Smith+Jay & Silent Bob=failure (but funny one at that)

CM Punk
Yeah, this movie was f*cking hilarious. I loved the flashback on the original Clerks at the very end of the flick. This really is a movie worth watching.

It wasn't a flashback, it was just them

SPOILER BELOW

---

returning to the store.

darthYENIK

just use this tag...PS it's a spoiler!!!

returning to the store.

Jordan

This movie was the funniest movie I've seen in a long, long time. Too bad it only made 10 million dollars and got 6th on the charts in its first weekend.

Craig Kostelecky

But it only cost $5 million to make. So they doubled their money in just 3 days. I'd say that's good news for all involved.

I'm going to change my stance on the replay value of this movie after rewatching it. I think it'll hold up just fine.

By the way, I heard a few weeks ago that Kevin Smith already recorded a commentary track for the movie with the possible intention of releasing it as an mp3 for an Ipod (or similar device). But I haven't heard anything else since. Did any of you guys hear if that file has been made available anywhere?

darthYENIK

I heard on a radio interveiw with smith that, he did that. But says you should watch the movie once, then go back with the commentary. Then he made several jokes about getting more money out of it. It sounds like a good idea, but I don't know if I'd like going to a movie and watching a commentary. I mean I've watched the clerks X commentary a few times, and it's f*cking hilarious. The go on and on about seeing kevin smith or someone's mom's bush. Anyway, I'd be laughing at sh*t and people would probably freak out about it, and they'd get all pissy. I mean I would hate to have some weirdo laughing at parts that weren't funny, but to him alone.

Hobo Rocket

They said that it is for iPod, and will be available for download on iTunes or the Clerks II website 2 weeks after the film has been out.

Plus, the DVD will be available on December 5th.

CM Punk

5th? Woo, a day before my birthday. tounge.gif

Hah, look what I found while being bored with nothing better to do at 1 AM. http://www.wheelieblog.org/

About the replay value - I've seen it twice in theaters and once outside (lets just leave it at that.) and the replay value is fine.