1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
God Slayer

Clerks 2

God Slayer

user posted image

Our favorite store clerks from those Stoner movies Jay and Silent Bob are back with a part 2. And here is a small review of whats coming inlove.gif

The sequel to the 1994 indy hit picks up 10 years later. We find that Dante (O'Halloran) and Randal (Anderson) have grown up from lazy, twenty-something slobs to… lazy, thirty-something slobs.

Cast: Brian O'Halloran, Rosario Dawson, Jeff Anderson, Jason Mewes, Kevin Smith

Director(s) Kevin Smith

Writer(s) Kevin Smith

Genre(s) Comedies, Friends, Black Comedy

Release Date: July 21, 2006

ToyMachine

That's great, the first one was hilarious. One of my favorite movies actually.

No Escape?

Oh my yes.

I cannot wait to see this.

Scarface187

I only wish it was still at the store and not at a fast food place. Other than that it looks hillarious. Anyone seen that flying car clip thats around youtube?

And crap, did Dante and Randal get fat or is it just me?

-shaDow

There's no way this will be good. Even if you ignore Jersey Girl, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was the one of the biggest wastes of potential I've ever come across. The film had a f*cking primate as a central character and it still didn't get laughs from me.

God Slayer
There's no way this will be good. Even if you ignore Jersey Girl, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was the one of the biggest wastes of potential I've ever come across. The film had a f*cking primate as a central character and it still didn't get laughs from me.

Your dead on the inside man, I'm sorry about saying this. I don't mean to offend you or anything. But, how the f*ck can you not think Jay and Silent bob wasn't funny ? Everyone thought it was funny! Even my dad and he works as a banker! Bankers don't laugh! Sorry dude, but you got some serious f*ckin Issues if you didn't think that one but of that movie was at least a " tee hee ". icon13.gif

-shaDow

Your dead on the inside man, I'm sorry about saying this. I don't mean to offend you or anything. But, how the f*ck can you not think Jay and Silent bob wasn't funny ? Everyone thought it was funny! Even my dad and he works as a banker! Bankers don't laugh! Sorry dude, but you got some serious f*ckin Issues if you didn't think that one but of that movie was at least a " tee hee ". icon13.gif

Hey aren't you the guy who I saw renting Scary Movie 3 at Blockbuster.

The original Clerks is hilarious, but there's no way of getting around the fact that the sucking of this movie will be legendary.

gta_player5

I've seen previews for this movie multiple times, it looks really funny, I would see it but I haven't seen the original Clerks yet blush.gif

No Escape?

The original Clerks is hilarious, but there's no way of getting around the fact that the sucking of this movie will be legendary.

True enough; comedy sequels usually do suck majorly, but there have been a few good ones. I'm thinkin' Clerks 2 may be a good one.

Though, it'll be difficult to top the original, as is the problem with aforementioned sequels.

ISd3d

I'll see it, but it probably won't be good.

Dasutin

Here's a crazy concept: rate the move after you see it.

darthYENIK

I'll see it. It probably will be good.

DouglasFir

I've already seen an early screening of the movie at Kevin Smith's Vulgarthon film festival and I can assure any true fans out there that this sequel really does hold up to the original... heck, IMHO, it's better than the original. This movie has much more heart and hysterical too - plus it has a donkey show and Rosario Dawson jiggling - what more could you ask for!

user posted image

Hobo Rocket

I am DEFINITELY seeing this on opening night. I've been following this movie since they first announced it, and now, it's finally coming out this month, even though it was originally planned to be released August 18th. Plus, Clerks is my all time favorite movie, and Kevin Smith is my favorite director. So I have no doubt in my mind, that Clerks II will be better than Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and of course, Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back......And these are the movies that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. inlove.gif

Forty

I'll go see it, but I'm not going to build it up for myself and try to have high hopes. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than expect something as great as the original.

Andyzoot

That's all well and good that a cool sequel is on it's way but does anybody have an idea of when the film is being released in the UK?

darthYENIK

I hear it'll be out in the UK in august, but that's not a solid release date. To tell the truth, who knows?

Werleman1
Here's a crazy concept: rate the move after you see it.

This guy actrualy makes cents!!!

Clerks 1 was a hit.

Clerks 2 has the potential.

Tetsuo2501

yes, jay and silent bob was horrible..bong sabres...for f*cks sake, Jersey Girl is also piss poor. Clerks 2, Kevin Smith has obviously ran out of ideas, the actors that star in the two main roles havnt been in a "major" picture in over ten years....

GodfatherITB

i wanna see it. im into movies like that.

PsychoFlames
the actors that star in the two main roles havnt been in a "major" picture in over ten years....

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was a "major" movie, and came out in 2001. That was only 5 years ago. Before that, they starred in Dogma. Brian O'Halloran (Dante Hicks) was also in Chasing Amy and Mallrats.

I consider those major movies.

Groovy

Mallrats was a failure of epic proportions.

Kickass movie though.

Hobo Rocket

Mallrats: The little engine that couldn't in the box office, but could in home video sales.

CM Punk
I only wish it was still at the store and not at a fast food place. Other than that it looks hillarious. Anyone seen that flying car clip thats around youtube?

And crap, did Dante and Randal get fat or is it just me?

That isn't from Clerks 2.

weirdal

Our favorite store clerks from those Stoner movies Jay and Silent Bob are back with a part 2. And here is a small review of whats coming  inlove.gif

but Jay and silent Bob aren't clerks, or did i read this wrong?

anyway, the previews make this look like it will suck. however, the few reviews out there make it sound awesome. Either way, I can't wait to see this. I never did like any of Kevin smith's movies quite the same way I liked clerks.

I just hope they don't give Jay and Silent Bob too much time on the screen (they definatly had too much time on the previews)

Edited by weirdal

Tetsuo2501
the actors that star in the two main roles havnt been in a "major" picture in over ten years....

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was a "major" movie, and came out in 2001. That was only 5 years ago. Before that, they starred in Dogma. Brian O'Halloran (Dante Hicks) was also in Chasing Amy and Mallrats.

I consider those major movies.

aww, aren't you a cute Kevin Smith fan boy....

Hobo Rocket

Hell, I'll admit, I'm a HUGE Kevin Smith Fanboy aswell.

Exkabewbikadid

I'm confused about something here. According to imdb the sequel is both b&w and color. The use of black and white for the first one is what made it work so well imo. I was hoping the sequel would follow suit, but from the previews it looks like a lot of it is in color, and if that's the case then I'm already having my doubts.

Regardless, I'll go see it. Even though I don't much care for Kevin Smith in general, Clerks is one of my all time favs.

Hobo Rocket

Has anyone seen this movie yet? I did, and, let me tell you, I now have a new Number 1 favorite movie replacing Clerks 1........This movie, IMO, kicks ass. If you liked the first one (or even if you didn't), go see this movie! You will laugh your ass off!!!!!!