3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

PS2 Cheat Development

I did want to buy a TV Tuner to use with eTV, but I think I wanna get in on this fun...I only have $85, but I think that's enough for a TV Tuner, right? Is there even a $45 TV Tuner?

PeatearGriffin

Can someone please help me, im trying to use the spawn rhino cheat but when i put in the code it actually spawns a rhino! I'm using a gameshark with media player it doesnt really say what version on the disc. But if anybody knows what the problem is please help me out cause i really wanna fly in liberty city. Oh yeah the trashmaster spawns a dodo code doesn't work either, i guess i need a whole new code for it to work on my version of gameshark. I already know that gameshark sucks ass, i've been looking for a codebreaker for like a month but can't find one anywhere.

Edited by PeatearGriffin
Can someone please help me, im trying to use the spawn rhino cheat but when i put in the code it actually spawns a rhino! I'm using a gameshark with media player it doesnt really say what version on the disc. But if anybody knows what the problem is please help me out cause i really wanna fly in liberty city. Oh yeah the trashmaster spawns a dodo code doesn't work either, i guess i need a whole new code for it to work on my version of gameshark. I already know that gameshark sucks ass, i've been looking for a codebreaker for like a month but can't find one anywhere.

Are you sure you typed in the codes exactly the way they're written? Also, make sure you typed in the Master code cause that's the one that's going to allow you to get all of these to work. Try those and let us know if it changes anything. colgate.gif

PeatearGriffin

Yeah invoke i've tried all 3 master codes and i've typed and retyped all the codes in and it still doesn't work. Not rerally sure what the problem is cause I had the same issue with Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift. The master code for both games say there for gs v3+ so I assume thats the one I need but it doesn't work so I try the others and they don't work either. I've really had problems with the media player edition of gameshark and would tell anybody interested in buying one that they should buy an older version cause I never had a problem with my older version. Or just stay away from gameshark altogether and get an armax or codebreaker. Anybody got any more suggestions?

I think I read somewhere that the Media Player version takes a whole different Master... I don't know if that's true or not, Skiller and Edison would certainly know. If it does however, then you'd have to wait for GameShark to release a Master code on their website, well unless obviously Skiller/Edison Carter/CMP/Someone comes up with one that works. I would suggest trying to PM or E-mail one of those guys and ask them if they knew anything that could help, or you could go on Ebay or a local store and try to get a CodeBreaker. If you do get a CB, make sure it's Version 9 - you'll be very happy with it. biggrin.gif

TheRealTommyVercetti

I also have Gameshark one of the newer ones thou. it says v. 1.1 on the disc (inside the box) the cover has a picture of the old big PS2 on the bottom right corner, and on the bottom left corner it says "1st week Code Gurantee" Logo and PRE-LOADED WITH 60,000 CHEAT CODES. it says Gameshark 2 Compatible with Ps2 on the right side of the cover

I had bought the Code breaker one as well but for some reason that didn't work on my PS2 it kept on saying "Please insert PS2 Disc" and it neverl loaded at all. That is why i'm sticking with the Gameshark.. I spend over $90 on Cheat Devices and now i have them sitting here collecting dust since i can't take them back anymore.

the gameshark is the only one that worked.

...i'll post the codes i used to do the Helicopter Spawn thing (which is by the way the only codes that i got to work)

Edited by TheRealTommyVercetti
williamcampbell
i fixed the error on the CPed page .. i had the wrong command lol sorry about that all codes should work now .

Thanks!!! biggrin.gif

I'm a happy cheater now...lol

I'm inputting the codes now, but i was just wondering something about the weapon slot codes...

If I use (for example) Weapon Slot 4 Mod (Handguns) for the Colt Python, and I do the "Snuff" mission where i have to pick up a pistol from Ammunation; will I keep my Colt Python in that slot, or will it be replaced?

ps: how do you block out text, so people have to mouse over it to read? in case of spoilers

williamcampbell

Oh man, I've tryied that Weapon slot #X mod and it didn't work...I've tryied slot 6(or 7, I can't remember), Heavy weapons, to get the M60 and nothing happened... cry.gif

Oh man, I've tryied that Weapon slot #X mod and it didn't work...I've tryied slot 6(or 7, I can't remember), Heavy weapons, to get the M60 and nothing happened... cry.gif

i'm having the same issues, and with the garage codes,,, they will either not work or will lock the garage

Humm .. odd .. tell me what Garage .. u are having problems with ..

also i think the problem with the Weapon mod that i posted in the site is u need to already have a weapon .. and when u mod it using the code it will give the Gun u had the Caracteristics of that witch u modded it to .. or might change it compleatly ..

if someone has a save thats farther in to the game and can send it to me .. Vea email thanks ..

[email protected]

i need one with a few Garages open .. since i only had the one i just used the same offset that i used in the Psp ..

tell me what Garage .. u are having problems with ..

also i think the problem with the Weapon mod that i posted in the site is u need to already have a weapon .. and when u mod it using the code it will give the Gun u had the Caracteristics of that witch u modded it to .. or might change it compleatly ..

i need one with a few Garages open .. since i only had the one i just used the same offset that i used in the Psp ..

well, right now i am just trying for portland garage 1, haven't gotten any further this time around

at first i thought that it was me using portland garage 1 & 2, which would possibly lock the garage; but using only one garage cheat only unlocked it, without a spawn... i think i was trying for the Cheetah (i was using the modifiers for the vehicle spawn button cheat, is that correct?)

as for weapon slots, i'll fill em and try to mod them

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ok, i used the codes to replace the melee, handgun, shotgun, smg, and assault rifle slots filled by map spawns and guns picked up from cops etc...

with these codes

master for CB 9.2 90380278 0c0e0046

cped activator D0408e40 00100000

203607CC 08028000

200A0000 3c010040

200A0004 34218e40

200A0008 8c280000

200A000C 3c02447a

200A0010 34420000

200A0014 3c032000

200A0018 34630000

200A001C 24040000

200A0020 240500E2

200A0024 2406000F

200A0028 24070006

200A0100 03e00008

Weapon Slot 2 Mod (Melee)

200A0070 240A000A katana

200A0074 A10A05b0

Weapon Slot 4 Mod (Handguns)

200A0080 240C0012 Colt Python

200A0084 A10C05e8

Weapon Slot 5 Mod (Shotguns)

200A0088 240D0015 Spaz 12 Shotgun

200A008C A10D0604

Weapon Slot 6 Mod (Uzi)

200A0090 240E0019 MP5

200A0094 A10E0620

Weapon Slot 7 Mod (Assault Rifles)

200A0098 240F0023 M60 (100 - 100 Ammo)

200A009C A10F063c

each of these slots currently have a weapon in them

well, after loading the game with these codes active (i double checked that they were input correctly as i put them up in this edit) the various splashes and the copyright/disclaimer the game went to the loading screen...

the loading bar filled to about 95% and stopped... i went for a smoke, nuked and ate a hot pocked and came back to find the loading screen where i left it

--------------------------------------------

i'm gonna try it again with just the colt python code

Edited by DarchChylde

ok, i tried with just the handgun slot mod, and the game loade, but when i rolled to the handgun, there was an empty avatar in that slot... when i tried to use ot, the game froze

on a better note, i tried [portland garage 1 with a vehecle in the savegame this time, and when i opened my garage again i had a yakuza stinger... so it worked, replacing the car i already had in there, and now i have an unlimed supply of stingers

great work on the database man... you helped alot

williamcampbell
Humm .. odd .. tell me what Garage .. u are having problems with ..

if someone has a save thats farther in to the game and can send it to me .. Vea email thanks ..

[email protected]

Actually, there's already a weapon in that slot..But nothing happened.. notify.gif

well, right now i am just trying for portland garage 1, haven't gotten any further this time around

at first i thought that it was me using portland garage 1 & 2, which would possibly lock the garage; but using only one garage cheat only unlocked it, without a spawn... i think i was trying for the Cheetah (i was using the modifiers for the vehicle spawn button cheat, is that correct?)

as for weapon slots, i'll fill em and try to mod them

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ok, i used the codes to replace the melee, handgun, shotgun, smg, and assault rifle slots filled by map spawns and guns picked up from cops etc...

with these codes

well, after loading the game with these codes active (i double checked that they were input correctly as i put them up in this edit) the various splashes and the copyright/disclaimer the game went to the loading screen...

the loading bar filled to about 95% and stopped... i went for a smoke, nuked and ate a hot pocked and came back to find the loading screen where i left it

--------------------------------------------

i'm gonna try it again with just the colt python code

Humm seems the Weapon mod is suffering from the same damn thing the Inf ammo code was in this section .. it seems that it has to be loaded only at 1 point then deactivateed .. argh pain in the ass ..

the weapons section was like this also for the INf ammo thats why i have not put up the Inf ammo for the Cped secxtion .. looks like its just Weapon mods using the button cheats .. sad.gif

I must ask this, because it really pissed me off yesterday. Why is it that...when I spawn a Pcj600 that it spawns a bike half way through the ground with hardly any tires on it?...the tires practilly are gone. They're so small I can't see them. Isn't that a bit messed up?....I spawned a mavrick with no problem evan though it was a waste of time. The goddamn helecopter can't fly worth sh*t. It doesn't evan go as high as the vice city one. Which I guess is a good thing?...I noticed there were some top of building I couldn't land on...they weren't solid!..heh...hell they didn't evan have a top to them. You can just see the nothing on the bottom of them in the middle of the buildings look. lol...Anyway kind of messed up if I do say so my self.

I think I got a working super punch code, if someone could try it I'd appreciate it. smile.gif

200A00B0 24110001200A00B4 A1110BB3

I also love how most of the offsets I already found for the game are in use, yet I have no credit in the ".: [Codes By] :." area.

sure it's a different version of the game but the offsets are exactly the same.

I should get some credit somewhere for finding most of them. confused.gif

Edited by vettefan88

i have not even credited every one yet .. i said that already ..

i posted the Creds to the ppl that have hacked the Codes into the PS2 as of right now .. its harder to look threw for codes on something like CheatSynce since .. so many ppl post Junk on there its not even funny ..

Psp Hackers will get Credited .. since yes psp was hacked first and u will most likly see the codes with the same offsets .. since Cped offsets will be the same most likly .. ..

PM me for more info .. all talk with u threw there ..

i posted the Creds to the ppl that have hacked the Codes into the PS2 as of right now .. its harder to look threw for codes on something like CheatSynce since .. so many ppl post Junk on there its not even funny ..

Psp Hackers will get Credited .. since yes psp was hacked first and u will most likly see the codes with the same offsets .. since Cped offsets will be the same most likly .. ..

It's ok smile.gif

can you tell me if that super punch cheat would work?

Would you like me to go through and find the most useful PSP cheats for cped?

they can all probably be done real quick, to fill up that page. biggrin.gif

Edited by vettefan88

It's ok smile.gif

can you tell me if that super punch cheat would work?

Would you like me to go through and find the most useful PSP cheats for cped?

they can all probably be done real quick, to fill up that page. biggrin.gif

if ur Willing to do that .. then Sure ..

one thing u have to remember .. is that some of the codes will lock up on the PS2 because of the way they get loaded ..

i tryed the Super Punch befor .. and it did not work for me sad.gif

right now i think i found the Pcar .. but this is a pain in the ass .. things did move alot more then i would have liked ..

These should work for garage proofings:

portland car1

006619C0 000000??

portland car 2

006619EC 000000??

staunton car 1

00661A70 000000??

staunton car 2

00661A9C 000000??

staunton car 3

00661AC8 000000??

SSV car 1

00661B20 000000??

SSV car 2

00661B4C 000000??

SSV car 3

00661B78 000000??

BP=bullet proof

FP=fire proof

EP=explosion proof

DP=Damage proof

F1=BP

F2=FP

F3=BP+FP

F4=EP

F5=EP+BP

F6=EP+FP

F7=BP+FP+EP

F8=DP

F9=DP+BP

FA=DP+FP

FB=DP+BP+FP

FC=DP+EP

FD=DP+BP+EP

FE=DP+FP+EP

FF=DP+BP+FP+EP

i can't do screenies, but i used vettefan88's Car Proofing codes along with Skiller's Garage codes and got a everything-proof Yakuza Stinger

i went and tried the Callahan Point Unique Jump over the train tracks...

well i landed on the tracks with the train coming... tried to drive off, but not fast enough... after the train went over it, with no damage... next thing i know i have a stinger bisected by a train track

i can't do screenies, but i used vettefan88's Car Proofing codes along with Skiller's Garage codes and got a everything-proof Yakuza Stinger

i went and tried the Callahan Point Unique Jump over the train tracks...

well i landed on the tracks with the train coming... tried to drive off, but not fast enough... after the train went over it, with no damage... next thing i know i have a stinger bisected by a train track

so the proofings work, that's great to hear. biggrin.gif

Hey guys, good to see you've been making some progress. I got busy with other stuff lately so I haven't had time to work on the PS2 version like I wanted to. I wish they came out with it on the original release date when I had plenty of time. I don't know when I'm going to get time to do the converter. Seeing as Skiller needed code to be able to find the player object, the player object moves around and the converter will not be able to do pplayer and pcar stuff, at least in the first iteration.

This topic has turned into more than the original post so I switched the topic to PS2 Cheat Development.

Here's my Never Fall Off Your Bike cheat. This is going to come in handy with rocket boost.

Never Fall Off Your Bike (NTSC)

20155D18 24020000

201577C8 24020000

201C5934 24020000

Here's what each line does, if you're interested:

20155D18 // impact

201577C8 // fell in water

201C5934 // backwards, stoppie

Its up to edison if he want to release the coding for the Construction mod .. or if he want to write it up in op code .. so that the ps2 cheat divices will be able to use it .. it also depends on how big the code is .. most divices dont go oer 200 lines .. so if its under that were fine to port it ..

In theory Construction Mode could be possible, but it would have to be written the longhand way like Waterbottle's Road Island or with Demon's tool. It would be way longer than anyone would want to enter and like you say, it would quickly hit 200 lines with just a few walls. Not really worth the trouble. When I do the converter, it may be able to convert longhand style stuff like Road Island or things created with Demon's tool.

i was thinking about it again .. if all it was was a sub to call in the programing to do the Consrtuction mode .. all we would have to do is set up our own aria for it to place its coding ior we can figger a way to make it Read a Construction file right off the Memcard .. lol . a little more advanced ..

Example of how Coding could work ..

the main sub that called the Building blocks would be what u put into the CB then what ever u build using the Sub code .. would be Stored in Random Free mem

i can Easly find out where Big chuncks of Free mem is in the game ..

kinda like the 000A0000 to 000C0000 section are main free ..

shoudl be intresting .

Here's the gravity stuff. Reverse Gravity While Pressing L1 has lots of uses:

1) On foot you can use it like power jump if you jump and then press L1. Pump L1 about half on half off to maintain your height.

2) It works well for flying a motorcycle.

3) In a heli you can use it to push yourself above the hight limit.

4) Of course, it's fun to watch the peds flying away. If you hold L1 you can make cars fly away when you touch them.

5) You can use it to haul your Dodo to altitude so you can glide back down. The Dodo seems easier to glide this time. It doesn't go out of control at the slightest touch like the PSP version and GTA3. When I do Rocket Boost, that'll power it.

Power Jump is just Reverse Gravity While Pressing Square.

In San Andreas, Double Gravity was able to pull police helicopters down to the ground. Someone should check if that works in LCS.

Low Gravity (1/2)

102BCF60 00003B80

Low Gravity (1/4)

102BCF60 00003B00

Reverse Gravity While Pressing L1

102BCF60 00003C00

D060B8C2 0000FBFF

102BCF60 0000BC00

Power Jump

102BCF60 00003C00

D060B8C2 00007FFF

102BCF60 0000BC00