Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,718 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

MarinesRFriendly

Will there be a GTA game on the Nintendo DS?

MarinesRFriendly

Wouldn't it be awesome using the touch screen? It would be probably be used for a map or mini games. More vehicles and more 3D would be cool too. But still, could you please answer if any of this is true? Thanks. (if you do) (lol) biggrin.gif

Mclenz
Wouldn't it be awesome using the touch screen? It would be probably be used for a map or mini games. More vehicles and more 3D would be cool too. But still, could you please answer if any of this is true? Thanks. (if you do) (lol) biggrin.gif

The Sequel to Advance is GTAIII, it set up the game. But yeah putting GTAIII on DS or PSP would make rockstar more money than they could handle.

.Victom

Wouldn't it be awesome using the touch screen? It would be probably be used for a map or mini games. More vehicles and more 3D would be cool too. But still, could you please answer if any of this is true? Thanks. (if you do)  (lol) biggrin.gif

The Sequel to Advance is GTAIII, it set up the game. But yeah putting GTAIII on DS or PSP would make rockstar more money than they could handle.

GTA3 is on PSP, Liberty City Stories. Unless you mean original PS2 GTA 3.

Mclenz
Wouldn't it be awesome using the touch screen? It would be probably be used for a map or mini games. More vehicles and more 3D would be cool too. But still, could you please answer if any of this is true? Thanks. (if you do)  (lol) biggrin.gif

GTA3 is on PSP, Liberty City Stories. Unless you mean original PS2 GTA 3.

Liberty City is already on the PSP but GTA3 isn't, the storyline was great and it was probably the most popular GTA, followed by San Andreas.

VforV

If they can do it with Need for Speed Most Wanted, then why they can't do it with GTA III? They just have to do like they have done with GTA2 for GBC.

krayzed896

That would be pretty awsome, but sadly in my opinion if GTA did come out on DS, it won't be like the PSP version, it would be like Advance. But here are a few things I would like to see if it came out on DS.

-WIFI/LAN 4player free roam, deathmatch

-with 4player mode able to all get in a car(4 seater), and if equiped with an uzi there screen is brought down to touch screen and they can touch whatever and thats where they shoot at while in the car (people who arn't driving)

-3D driving (Need for Speed perspective)

-Mark things on you map on the touchscreen

-customize what your character looks like

-make you own symbol and it shows up on your garage

-different clothes to choose from wearing (like LCS, and one shirt has your symbol on it)

-Able to use touchscreen for driving(so you can make easy or real sharp turns)

I dunno you can add to the list if ya want it's just what I would like to see. Good Topic And to my knowledge it doesn't seem any GTA is coming to DS.

BTW I'm a DS owner 4 lyfe. biggrin.gif

Edited by krayzed896

Smallo

Able to use touchscreen for driving(so you can make easy or real sharp turns

yeh touch screen like 007's car in Tomorrow Never Dies That'll be cool

epoxi

To be honest, my sister has a DS...and it's rubbish, there's no way R* will make a DS GTA. It would be too hard to limit the game to ridiculously low specs:

• The 8KB cache
  • 0.125 GB cartrisge (PSP UMD discs have 1.8GB capacity...14x as much)
  • 64x fewer colours than the PSP (less processing needed, but rubbish game experience)
  • A petty digital control (I don't care whatever anyone says about touchscreens: I have a SonyEricsson P800 and P900 with better games than the DS, but 'touchscreening' is irritating on games and should be left to PDAs)
  • 8x less RAM than the PSP (4MB vs. PSP's 32MB [plus 4MBDRAM])
  • Over 5x slower WiFi than PSP: throwing multiplayer gaming out the window
  • Two screens = wasted processing power
According to Gmaespot GTA:LCS was supposed to be "one-dimensional" and didn't quite "squeeze everything that makes the GTA series so special" onto its UMD disc.

This was on the technological miracle of gaming, so think how poor it would be on the fag-end of the handheld gaming market that is the DS...

Plus, it's not a sensible investment for R*: there are probably ten or twenty times more GTA entheusiasts with a PSP than a DS...meaning the company could in fact lose money by making such a game.

Edited by epoxi

Coolyfett
To be honest, my sister has a DS...and it's rubbish, there's no way R* will make a DS GTA. It would be too hard to limit the game to ridiculously low specs:
  • The 8KB cache
  • 0.125 GB cartrisge (PSP UMD discs have 1.8GB capacity...14x as much)
  • 64x fewer colours than the PSP (less processing needed, but rubbish game experience)
  • A petty digital control (I don't care whatever anyone says about touchscreens: I have a SonyEricsson P800 and P900 with better games than the DS, but 'touchscreening' is irritating on games and should be left to PDAs)
  • 8x less RAM than the PSP (4MB vs. PSP's 32MB [plus 4MBDRAM])
  • Over 5x slower WiFi than PSP: throwing multiplayer gaming out the window
  • Two screens = wasted processing power
According to Gmaespot GTA:LCS was supposed to be "one-dimensional" and didn't quite "squeeze everything that makes the GTA series so special" onto its UMD disc.

This was on the technological miracle of gaming, so think how poor it would be on the fag-end of the handheld gaming market that is the DS...

Plus, it's not a sensible investment for R*: there are probably ten or twenty times more GTA entheusiasts with a PSP than a DS...meaning the company could in fact lose money by making such a game.

I love those guys that can predict the future.

"there's no way R* will make a DS GTA".

greebo-man

The 8KB cache

0.125 GB cartrisge (PSP UMD discs have 1.8GB capacity...14x as much)

64x fewer colours than the PSP (less processing needed, but rubbish game experience)

A petty digital control (I don't care whatever anyone says about touchscreens: I have a SonyEricsson P800 and P900 with better games than the DS, but 'touchscreening' is irritating on games and should be left to PDAs)

8x less RAM than the PSP (4MB vs. PSP's 32MB [plus 4MBDRAM])

Over 5x slower WiFi than PSP: throwing multiplayer gaming out the window

Two screens = wasted processing power

Is this what you do?

Rake through these age-old topics to try and infer stupidity upon our fellow forumers?

If so, I like it. Keep it up. cool.gif

Mince

The 8KB cache

0.125 GB cartrisge (PSP UMD discs have 1.8GB capacity...14x as much)

64x fewer colours than the PSP (less processing needed, but rubbish game experience)

A petty digital control (I don't care whatever anyone says about touchscreens: I have a SonyEricsson P800 and P900 with better games than the DS, but 'touchscreening' is irritating on games and should be left to PDAs)

8x less RAM than the PSP (4MB vs. PSP's 32MB [plus 4MBDRAM])

Over 5x slower WiFi than PSP: throwing multiplayer gaming out the window

Two screens = wasted processing power

Is this what you do?

Rake through these age-old topics to try and infer stupidity upon our fellow forumers?

If so, I like it. Keep it up. cool.gif

I believe this is not the first time either.

Anyway, what about a GTA game on the Wii? Can I predict the future? biggrin.gif

Flesh-n-Bone

Or a GTA on Atari, perhaps?

Also what's with the topic bumping and the whole Chinatown Wars obsession this guys got?

Mince

Also what's with the topic bumping and the whole Chinatown Wars obsession this guys got?

Well, according to the mods, HandiThug is just another account for Coolyfett.

That would explain the obsession over CW, but not how he seems to actually LIKE VCS and LCS...

And isn't the Atari OLD?

Anyway, we are just spamming here, so...

Abel.

Well, according to the mods, HandiThug is just another account for Coolyfett.

That would explain the obsession over CW, but not how he seems to actually LIKE VCS and LCS...

And isn't the Atari OLD?

Anyway, we are just spamming here, so...

It doesn't matter, this place is empty and nearly mod free, nevertheless, I shall report and request lock.

Flesh-n-Bone
What's the point? The topic was inactive for nearly 20 days before you replied there.

Abel.
What's the point? The topic was inactive for nearly 20 days before you replied there.

Woops, sorry about that.

1yoyo105

gta chinatown wars is said to come out exclusively for the ds... tounge2.gif

darius940304
gta chinatown wars is said to come out exclusively for the ds... tounge2.gif

yep GTA Chinatown Wars is exclusiv for DS....biggrin.gif

Ruben-LWD

omega bump

Wonderbro

This is 1 year old topic!!!!!!!!!!

ChooseAGoodOne

Bump again, lol