Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheDude5000

Creating Markers & Assigning Interiors

TheDude5000

I'm finishing a certain mod which I've been working on for months, and this is the final part of the equation:

Making my new interiors accesible.

I created 4 interiors, and I'd like to be able to enter them by going to the 3 stadiums in the game. I wanna spawn markers outside these stadiums The 4th interior is for the Convention Center in LS, near Verona Beach. The one with the blue exterior.

I placed the interiors in the actual game map, but hid them inside a certain huge map object. This is because my pc seems to have problems with SA interiors, and will reboot when I enter certain areas in the interior universe. Namely the ones at high elevation. I used Place Manager, and successfully transported inside these interiors, so I know that they function correctly when they are inside this huge map object. I just dont want them in the interior universe.

I know I'd have to edit some .ide/.ipl files, but I'm a bit rusty at that. So how would I go about spawning markers at these 4 areas? And is it possible for a marker to teleport the player to an area thats on the game map and not in the interior universe?

Edited by TheDude5000

pdescobar
I know I'd have to edit some .ide/.ipl files, but I'm a bit rusty at that. So how would I go about spawning markers at these 4 areas? And is it possible for a marker to teleport the player to an area thats on the game map and not in the interior universe?

Take a look at the ENEX entry in the pinned IPL docs. For specific examples, the ground and roof markers for the "Tallest Building in LS" would probably be most useful (SKYLAN2 in LAn2.ipl); also see the Pier69 ground and roof markers (P69_ENT in SF3.ipl) and maybe some others. Both the ones I mentioned keep you within the standard exterior world so basing yours off that would probably work well, although you may have to experiment with the marker flags.

TheDude5000

Didn't quite work, but thanks.

I spawned the marker, but when I enter it, I'm teleported into the night club in Downtown LS. Inside the club, there's a marker near the door. This marker led me to my interior, but I wanna remove the nightclub from the whole thing.

Here's the line I used in LAe2.ipl:

2817.83, -1852.76, 12.70, 0, 3, 3, 8, *****.**, *****.**, ***.**, 90, 0, 66, "SKYLAN2", 0, 2, 0, 24

I simply copied one of the SKYLAN2 lines from LAn.ipl, and inserted the stadium coords and the coords for the interior(which I'd like to keep secret, for obvious reasons).

Should I change the name of the interior? What about the other values? One of the .ide's?

Oh, and on a side note, I successfully created an audio event/zone for the interior, so my coords are just fine.

Fireman
Didn't quite work, but thanks.

I spawned the marker, but when I enter it, I'm teleported into the night club in Downtown LS. Inside the club, there's a marker near the door. This marker led me to my interior, but I wanna remove the nightclub from the whole thing.

Here's the line I used in LAe2.ipl:

2817.83, -1852.76, 12.70, 0, 3, 3, 8, *****.**, *****.**, ***.**, 90, 0, 66, "SKYLAN2", 0, 2, 0, 24

I simply copied one of the SKYLAN2 lines from LAn.ipl, and inserted the stadium coords and the coords for the interior(which I'd like to keep secret, for obvious reasons).

Should I change the name of the interior? What about the other values? One of the .ide's?

Oh, and on a side note, I successfully created an audio event/zone for the interior, so my coords are just fine.

A lot of people seem to have this problem I don't know why but you could try some things:

1. YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE NAME with a custom name like "MYINTERNETWORKSAGAIN''

If it still doesn't work you mgiht ant to try another code here one I use:

1524.7, -1471.03, 9, 0, 3, 3, 8, 1336.941, 325.8594, 19.87125, 60, 0, 98, "ASS1", 0, 2, 0, 24

That one works fo' sho'! anuj_cop.gif Them new emoticons?!?!? :S

Anyway if it still doesn't work pm me.

TheDude5000

That's not the problem. In fact, the coords don't matter either. They just decide where the marker is spawned, and where you will spawn when you enter the marker in the interior that the first marker teleports you to.

I've edited every value, and I still get this damn night club. SA doesn't recognize my interior. I even tried duplicating the line two times like SKYLAN2, and editing the coords a bit. Didn't work either. I just got transported to another interior I didn't want to be in, one of the unused diners.

Fireman
That's not the problem. In fact, the coords don't matter either. They just decide where the marker is spawned, and where you will spawn when you enter the marker in the interior that the first marker teleports you to.

I've edited every value, and I still get this damn night club. SA doesn't recognize my interior. I even tried duplicating the line two times like SKYLAN2, and editing the coords a bit. Didn't work either. I just got transported to another interior I didn't want to be in, one of the unused diners.

How about your gta.dat is the IPL under the interiors# ?

If it is it should be good if it's not put it there.

Did you try out my line?

TheDude5000

That code is missing coords, and I think has an extra value. I tried anyway, didn't work.

I added my interior to countrys.ide/.ipl

18633, tspc, tspc, 299, 0

18633, tspc, 0, -2414.5, -1586.04, 254.63, 0, 0, 0, 1, -1

It shows up fine in-game, and like I said, I even added an audio event.

I wanted to create markers at the 3 stadiums and the convention center, two of those are in LS.

LAe2.ide/.ipl

2780.906, -1812.801, 11.84375, 0, 3, 3, 8, 2680.900, -1320.67, 15.7285, -46, 0, 70, "TSPC", 0, 2, 0, 24

This interior is actually not in the interior universe. Like escobar said, SKYLAN2 uses enex

to teleport the player, even though it's not using an interior. That's what I want, since my interior model is hidden away on the actual map, not in the interior universe.

Here's the entries for SKYLAN2

1571.24, -1336.67, 15.7288, 0, 3, 3, 8, 1577.24, -1330.67, 15.7288, -46, 0, 70, "SKYLAN2", 0, 2, 0, 24

1548.64, -1364.02, 325.289, 0, 3, 3, 8, 1548.14, -1366.42, 325.289, 90, 0, 66, "SKYLAN2", 0, 2, 0, 24

So how exactly do I get SA to recognize my interior model? New .ide/.ipls? I don't see any other SKYLAN2 lines in the interor map files, or any of the LA files. I checked out your Sprunk Warehouse, so you would know about adding custom interiors to the game...

Fireman

You want 4 markers to go to the same place? If that's true it's going to be a little bit harder I'll try to help though.

YES making a new IPL is way better then putting your line in another IPL. I think you knwo how to make a new IPL if you don't I'll tell you.

Maybe if you try it like this it works:

1571.24, -1336.67, 15.7288, 0, 2, 2, 8, 1577.24, -1330.67, 15.7288, -46, 0, 4, "UGHUGH", 0, 2, 0, 24

It probably won't work if you others don't work either.

Btw what do you think is wrong with this line:

24.7, -1471, 9, 0, 3, 3, 8, 1336.941, 325.8594, 19.87125, 60, 0, 98, "ASS1", 0, 2, 0, 24

TheDude5000

Yeah, I know how to make .ipls. I created 4 interiors, which I hid in the SA map. I want 4 new markers across SA.

I wanna start out creating a marker at the LS stadium that teleports the player to the 1st interior. Just so I can get the hang of exterior-to-exterior transporting, then I'll do the others myself.

LS Stadium-1st interior

LS Conference Center-2nd interior

SF Stadium-3rd interior

LV Stadium-4th interior

I just dont know to get SA to recognize my interior. The markers I've created have transported me to the club in LS, one of the unused diners, even a Donut Shop.

The coords dont seem to matter, they just tell SA where to create the first marker, and where the marker in the interior will transport you. But how does SA know what interior to teleport me to? That's my problem.

Fireman
Yeah, I know how to make .ipls. I created 4 interiors, which I hid in the SA map. I want 4 new markers across SA.

I wanna start out creating a marker at the LS stadium that teleports the player to the 1st interior. Just so I can get the hang of exterior-to-exterior transporting, then I'll do the others myself.

LS Stadium-1st interior

LS Conference Center-2nd interior

SF Stadium-3rd interior

LV Stadium-4th interior

I just dont know to get SA to recognize my interior. The markers I've created have transported me to the club in LS, one of the unused diners, even a Donut Shop.

The coords dont seem to matter, they just tell SA where to create the first marker, and where the marker in the interior will transport you. But how does SA know what interior to teleport me to? That's my problem.

It knows that it has to teleport to a certain interior by the name that's in the enex line:

1571.24, -1336.67, 15.7288, 0, 2, 2, 8, 1577.24, -1330.67, 15.7288, -46, 0, 4, "UGHUGH", 0, 2, 0, 24

If that UGHUGH is the name of a interior like MDDOGS then it teleports to mad dog's crib.

Do you keep loading a game when you test your marker or do you start a new game?

TheDude5000

I just reload my game. TSPC is the name of the model, but naming it "TSPC" didn't help. That's my problem.

Checked out your mod again, and it appears that you didn't add your own interior.

You just modified one of the unused interiors and added some objects, then added markers that teleport you there. I'm actually adding new models to the game, new .dff/.txd/.col files. That's what the problem is, the game doesn't recognize these new interiors, so changing the name doesn't really matter. I might even have to edit the script...

Edited by TheDude5000

Fireman
I'm actually adding new models to the game, new .dff/.txd/.col files. That's what the problem is, the game doesn't recognize these new interiors, so changing the name doesn't really matter. I might even have to edit the script...

Why wouldn't it recognize a marker that teleports from one to another place in the same heaven. So you say that with this new interiors you can't make teleporting markers anymore? (my brother typed this)HIDDEN INTERIORS ROX DA BOMB YO DAWG HOMES~!(my brother typed this)

Then make the marker before you install the interior?

It makes no sense that making markers doesn't work with a new interior.

Checked out your mod again, and it appears that you didn't add your own interior.

You just modified one of the unused interiors and added some objects, then added markers that teleport you there.

And my mod works for you? If it does change the exit coordinates to your exit coordinates and change the heaven number into 0.(in the IPL I made, don't put it in another IPL)

And start a new game already, I got teleported to other interiors to because I loaded a game, with my hidden interior map. You might want to look in the hidden interior map topic, it's in the map mod showroom.

TheDude5000

Ok, that didn't help either.

I used the SKYLAN2 line, edited the coords, and tried 3 different variations on this line.

First, I used the name "SKYLAN2". Obviously this would teleport me to the LS Skyscraper, but I forgot to change the name.

2780.906, -1812.801, 11.84375, 0, 3, 3, 8, 1476.38, -2497.58, 15.00, -46, 0, 70, "SKYLAN2", 0, 2, 0, 24

Then, I tried "TSPC".

2780.906, -1812.801, 11.84375, 0, 3, 3, 8, 1476.38, -2497.58, 15.00, -46, 0, 70, "TSPC", 0, 2, 0, 24

The marker did not appear ingame.

After this, I tried "DUDESP"

2780.906, -1812.801, 11.84375, 0, 3, 3, 8, 1476.38, -2497.58, 15.00, -46, 0, 70, "DUDESP", 0, 2, 0, 24

Started a new game all 3 times I tested this. Didn't work. Of course.

Still no marker appearing.

Fireman

Ok, that didn't help either.

I used the SKYLAN2 line, edited the coords, and tried 3 different variations on this line.

First, I used the name "SKYLAN2". Obviously this would teleport me to the LS Skyscraper, but I forgot to change the name.

2780.906, -1812.801, 11.84375, 0, 3, 3, 8, 1476.38, -2497.58, 15.00, -46, 0, 70, "SKYLAN2", 0, 2, 0, 24

Then, I tried "TSPC".

2780.906, -1812.801, 11.84375, 0, 3, 3, 8, 1476.38, -2497.58, 15.00, -46, 0, 70, "TSPC", 0, 2, 0, 24

The marker did not appear ingame.

After this, I tried "DUDESP"

2780.906, -1812.801, 11.84375, 0, 3, 3, 8, 1476.38, -2497.58, 15.00, -46, 0, 70, "DUDESP", 0, 2, 0, 24

Started a new game all 3 times I tested this. Didn't work. Of course.

Still no marker appearing.

But did it teleport you somewhere (i guess not)?

If I had damn SA installed I could've made a new one for you. Here's my best try though:

1571.24, -1336.67, 15.7288, 0, 3, 3, 8, 1577.24, -1330.67, 15.7288, -46, 0, 4, "TSPC", 0, 2, 0, 24

The only thing I changed is the type of marker: 4. This might work but I'm not sure your lines seem fine to me. Did you make a new IPL yet to put it in?

And my mod works for you? If it does change the exit coordinates to your exit coordinates and change the heaven number into 0.(in the IPL I made, don't put it in another IPL)

TheDude5000

Ugh. None of this works, I'm done with this crap. Not only that, but all of the markers/interiors in my game f*cked up. Simply because I added a new line to one of the .ipl files. It's not worth it, I'm taking time off this mod, and going back to work on my new SA movie.

Topic can be locked now.

pdescobar

OK, after reading through the entire topic for Fireman's hidden interior map mod (as an aside, I'd like to see that mod; is there a working download link for the newest version?) and doing some experimenting on my own, I have some directions for you to follow as a fresh start. This example creates a pair of markers for the LS stadium: an "exterior" marker near the SE entrance (close to the tag) and an "interior" marker at the center of the roof. I'm no expert and I'm sure there are probably some steps which could be cut out, but the following worked great for me in testing.

1) Remove any additional ENEX entries you made to LAe2.ipl or any other standard IPLs during previous testing.

2) Create a new IPL file in the root level of the maps directory. For the sake of this example, I'll call it PD_int.ipl. Fill it with the following:

# PD_int.iplinstendcullendpathendgrgeendenex2737.75, -1760.4, 43.2, 0.00, 2, 2, 8, 2737.75, -1755, 43.2, 0, 0, 96, "LS_STAD", 0, 2, 0, 242784, -1821.5, 9.5, 0.00, 2, 2, 8, 2786, -1825.5, 9.1, -135.0, 0, 100, "LS_STAD", 0, 2, 0, 24endpickendcarsendjumpendtcycendauzoendmultend

3. Now edit gta.dat and add a line for your new IPL at the end of the #interiors section. The relevant part of the file, with the addition highlighted, would look like this:

IPL DATA\MAPS\interior\stadint.IPL

IPL DATA\MAPS\interior\savehous.IPL

IPL DATA\MAPS\PD_int.IPL

# level design

IPL DATA\MAPS\leveldes\levelmap.IPL

4. Save your changes, launch SA, start a new game. This is important because experimentation has shown that added markers don't always work properly when loading old saves and to be absolutely sure of the test at this point, a new game is necessary.

5. Jump on the bike and head to the SE corner of the LS stadium (near the tag). You should see a marker in front of the steps.

6. Drive or walk into the marker, and it should teleport you on top of the stadium (as close as I could get to simulating your mod since the inside of the stadium isn't normally solid). Turn around and there should be a marker up here too.

7. Drive or walk into it, and you should be returned to behind the first marker.

If that worked for you, you can then modify the IPL data appropriately, covered below. If that did not work for you, reply with what went wrong.

Here is the IPL data used in the example with the most interesting bits highlighted. Things that are in the standard white text (I hope you're using the default skin wink.gif) are data which you probably don't want to change for now although some of them (like the radii of the markers) may need some tweaking later.

enex

2737.75, -1760.4, 43.2, 0.00, 2, 2, 8, 2737.75, -1755, 43.2, 0, 0, 96, "LS_STAD", 0, 2, 0, 24

2784, -1821.5, 9.5, 0.00, 2, 2, 8, 2786, -1825.5, 9.1, -135.0, 0, 100, "LS_STAD", 0, 2, 0, 24

end

The first line refers to the "interior" marker. In my example, it's the marker on the roof, in your case it would be the marker "inside" the stadium.

1. The data in this color are the x,y,z co-ordinates of the interior marker itself. Note that the z value may be a unit lower than you would normally use with something such as a teleport trainer.

2. The data in this color are the x,y,z co-ordinates of where you want CJ to appear when he arrives in the interior followed by the angle of rotation in degrees (0=N, 90=W, 180=S, -90=E). It is not the place the interior marker would teleport you, but instead where the exterior marker should take you. While this seems backwards, it makes sense when you consider that multiple exterior markers can link to the same interior marker.

3. This is the type of marker, which is a decimal sum of flags. I really have no idea what a lot of the flags mean; the 96 is a "standard" zero plus 32 to allow CJ to access the marker in a car plus 64 to allow CJ to access the marker in a bike. For on-foot-only access, use 0.

4. Your ID string. Just to be safe, keep it 8 chars or less and use something unique that is not used by any other marker. The same ID will be used for the exterior marker.

The second line refers to the "exterior" marker. In both my example and your mod, it's the marker where CJ supposedly "enters" the stadium.

1. The data in this color are the x,y,z co-ordinates of the exterior marker itself. Note that the z value may be a unit lower than you would normally use with something such as a teleport trainer.

2. The data in this color are the x,y,z co-ordinates of where you want CJ to appear when he leaves the interior and returns to the outside world followed by the angle of rotation in degrees (0=N, 90=W, 180=S, -90=E). It is not the place the exterior marker would teleport you, but instead where the interior marker should take you.

3. This is the type of marker, which is a decimal sum of flags. I really have no idea what a lot of the flags mean; the 100 is a "standard" 4 plus 32 to allow CJ to access the marker in a car plus 64 to allow CJ to access the marker in a bike. For on-foot-only access, use 4.

4. Your ID string. Same thing used for the ID of the interior line.

At this point, you should modify the colored data to fit your needs and then retest in another new game.

If that works, then add a pair of markers for each of your other 3 interiors, following the same guidelines. Remember that each pair of markers should have its own unique ID string. Once all four marker pairs work properly, you can do some tweaking like experiments with the marker flags or changes to the size of the marker trigger zone, etc.

Fireman

Blabla...

First of all: Wow did you actually read through all 20 pages?

And second: this is a nice tutorial tounge.gif

This is the type of marker, which is a decimal sum of flags. I really have no idea what a lot of the flags mean; the 96 is a "standard" zero plus 32 to allow CJ to access the marker in a car plus 64 to allow CJ to access the marker in a bike. For on-foot-only access, use 0.

Do those with a car and bike work? I thought only the numbers 66 and 70 (for bikes) and 98(for cars) worked. I think pretty much every number is a standard marker.

You should post this as a tutorial somewhere, you can explain things very good pd wink.gif

EDIT: Here's part 1 of my hidden interior map:

http://rapidshare.de/files/22166133/Gamehall.ipl.html

and part 2:

http://rapidshare.de/files/22166168/dert2.ipl.html

PS. Now let's hope he actually reads this confused.gif

Edited by Fireman

pdescobar

Blabla...

First of all: Wow did you actually read through all 20 pages?

And second: this is a nice tutorial tounge.gif

I sure did read the whole thing; although I did skim past some stuff later in the topic that didn't relate to markers. I had been interested in Interiors recently and that topic is one of the best "history lessons" in what has been tried before with markers and what did and didn't work. Reading that combined with the IPL doc topic gives one a nice jumping off point.

And thanks wink.gif

This is the type of marker, which is a decimal sum of flags. I really have no idea what a lot of the flags mean; the 96 is a "standard" zero plus 32 to allow CJ to access the marker in a car plus 64 to allow CJ to access the marker in a bike. For on-foot-only access, use 0.

Do those with a car and bike work? I thought only the numbers 66 and 70 (for bikes) and 98(for cars) worked. I think pretty much every number is a standard marker.

They are definitely flags; the real giveaway is all the burglary markers which are 4096 and above. Both the markers in my example (96 and 100) transported the BMX, a couple motorcycles, and a couple different cars; I could get a screenshot of me driving on the roof of the stadium if you really want. wink.gif For further evidence, the mod shop markers (which may or may not be used) all are 43 (which would have the 32 set for cars) and there's a diner exterior marker in LV with flag value 326 (which has the 64 set); I actually did drive into it with a PCJ on a date and it took us to the interior on the bike although since it loads a cutscene, my bike disappeared. tounge2.gif

If I can ever figure out what any of the rest of them do, I may write something up for the IPL docs, but there are only 3 flags I'm at all sure of. Anyhow, this is what I know about them (or think I know. wink.gif) I haven't really done a whole lot of testing with different values, though.

ENEX Marker FlagsBit Value Description or use in unmodified game--- ----- -------------------------------------00      1 ?? Only used for interior markers01      2 ?? Used mostly for interior markers; also Big Ear & LS Skyscraper02      4 ?? Used with almost all exterior markers that link to interiors03      8 ?? Used with unlockable non-mission interior markers04     16 -- Never used in standard game05     32 XX Marker transports cars06     64 XX Marker transports bikes/motorcycles07    128 -- Never used in standard game08    256 ?? Only used 3 times: Ganton Bar Ext, Vegas Club Ext, a Diner Int09    512 -- Never used in standard game10   1024 ?? Only used in some Burglary House Exterior markers11   2048 -- Never used in standard game12   4096 XX Marker only accessible on Burglar mission13   8192 -- Never used in standard game14  16384 -- Never used in standard game15  32768 -- Never used in standard game

You should post this as a tutorial somewhere, you can explain things very good pd  wink.gif

EDIT: Here's part 1 of my hidden interior map:

http://rapidshare.de/files/22166133/Gamehall.ipl.html

and part 2:

http://rapidshare.de/files/22166168/dert2.ipl.html

PS. Now let's hope he actually reads this confused.gif

I may turn this into a tutorial later on, after I know more about it. It would also help to know if Dude is able to use this to get his mod working, because a tutorial isn't much help if it doesn't work for other people...

Oh, and thanks for uploading your interior mod for me. smile.gif

TheDude5000

Thanks alot guys. Nevermind my scournful remarks earlier, I was clearly in a bad mood. I wasn't browsing the forums alot, even though I still had this opened in Firefox, when my PC idled.

Anyways, your code worked. I will suit it to my interior now, I just wanted to post this first.

After a few lock ups, and data folder replacements, I got it to work.

Have some cookies guys. cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

Edited by TheDude5000

Fireman

ENEX Marker FlagsBit Value Description or use in unmodified game--- ----- -------------------------------------00      1 ?? Only used for interior markers01      2 ?? Used mostly for interior markers; also Big Ear & LS Skyscraper02      4 ?? Used with almost all exterior markers that link to interiors03      8 ?? Used with unlockable non-mission interior markers04     16 -- Never used in standard game05     32 XX Marker transports cars06     64 XX Marker transports bikes/motorcycles07    128 -- Never used in standard game08    256 ?? Only used 3 times: Ganton Bar Ext, Vegas Club Ext, a Diner Int09    512 -- Never used in standard game10   1024 ?? Only used in some Burglary House Exterior markers11   2048 -- Never used in standard game12   4096 XX Marker only accessible on Burglar mission13   8192 -- Never used in standard game14  16384 -- Never used in standard game15  32768 -- Never used in standard game

Stupid bit stuff.....

And how about the other flags, there a lot's of differents code are they the same as those?

The 4 probably stands for a ''open up after doing something''-interior. And since almost no interior is open at the beginning they all have 4.

With this stuff I'm thinking about making some new burglary houses SOME REALLY rich ones.

QUESTION:

01 2 ?? Used mostly for interior markers; also Big Ear & LS Skyscraper

My skycraper marker doesn't have 2 as a marker type.

PS. Did you put this in IPL documentation yet? Else I'll steal all YOUR credit. devil.gif

Edited by Fireman

pdescobar

@Dude: Glad to see that worked for you; good luck with the mod

@Fireman: Since you posted the list of flags to the IPL docs thread, I'll answer your questions there wink.gif

J3LM3R

Nice work tounge.gif

I've been experimenting with it (for my Alcatraz mod)

I tried to teleport with ENEX from one side of the SF airstrip to the otherside. It didn't work at first (got spawned in another int) but when I changed stuff it worked. All the interiors are ok and work normal. tounge.gif

dozingoff.gif there is only one thing - the yellow markers don't show up however when I go to the coords of the markers it teleports me to the right spot.

So the ENEX works but the marker doesn't confused.gif

Do you know what I've done wrong?

my code:

# IPL generated by J3LM3R file ENEX.IPLinstendcullendpathendgrgeendenex-1155.10, 336.88, 14.28, 0, 2, 2, 8, -1642.17, -149.41, 14.15, 135, 0, 0, "UGHUGH", 0, 2, 0, 24-1637.90, -145.76, 14.15, 0, 2, 2, 8, -1156.70, 334.68, 14.26, 135, 0, 4, "UGHUGH", 0, 2, 0, 24endpickendjumpendtcycendauzoendmultendend

line in gta.DAT placed under interiors.

Help please! (because it's essential to my mod)

J3LM3R

Nuclear

Hey, I've been working on an interior recently and I was just wondering if anybody has been successful in creating some of those pushable doors in a custom interior [assuming they're not spawned thru main.scm]. Thanks.

J3LM3R

@ nuclear

I believe that all doors that hold 'INT' in thier name (gen_INT_door) can be pushable.

Just try a few doors -> place them somewhere and see if they open as you walk against it. You can place the doors in Map Editor. (MEd)

If you want them to be pushed by CJ while "ENEX'ing" you'll have to change the rotation of the markers or the entering rotation. -> see earlier this topic.

By doing this; you make CJ walk to the door and if you've placed the marker close to the door, CJ will walk trough.

just try and see what works the best for you. tounge.gif

@ everybody

Why does the yellow marker and other objects only appear when a new game is started?

my ENEX codes do teleports me but don't show the yellow marker unless I start a new game.

Can this be modified in the savedgame (like Vice City)? so you don't have to start a new game.

J3LM3R

rah.gif

Edited by J3LM3R

pdescobar

@ everybody

Why does the yellow marker and other objects only appear when a new game is started?

my ENEX codes do teleports me but don't show the yellow marker unless I start a new game.

Can this be modified in the savedgame (like Vice City)? so you don't have to start a new game.

The most likely reason that some marker changes require a new game is because of information cached in the save file. For example, this is the case with parked car generators in the mission script or text ipl files. Unfortunately, unless the knowledge of the save format has increased since CyQ's post last year, the exact format and location of the marker info within the save file is unknown. You would have to do quite a bit of experimenting to figure out what to change and have to make those changes with a hex editor or write a small patch program.

J3LM3R

The most likely reason that some marker changes require a new game is because of information cached in the save file. For example, this is the case with parked car generators in the mission script or text ipl files. Unfortunately, unless the knowledge of the save format has increased since CyQ's post last year, the exact format and location of the marker info within the save file is unknown. You would have to do quite a bit of experimenting to figure out what to change and have to make those changes with a hex editor or write a small patch program.

I'll leave that to people that have more expierience with HEX editing tounge.gif , since I don't know much about it. confused.gif

thanks icon14.gificon14.gif ,

J3LM3R

TheDude5000

Good to see this topic on top of the first page.

Maybe it deserves a pin? Lol, just kidding.

Anyways, I'm going to complete that mod I was working on involving the exterior-to-exterior markers soon, so you know, keep your eyes peeled.