3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

asimov

x-men III

Goodfella.

The guy he fought in the woods was loosley based off of a character called Spike or Spyke, the guy who's arms keep gtowing back was based on no character in particular and was just added for comedy relief. Atleast as far as I'm aware.

Lockdogg

I thought it was a good movie, but could have been better. I think it is atleast on par with the first, but not superior than X2. The Dark Pheonix saga should NOT have been a subplot, Jean should have been the bulk of the story with the 'cure theme' being secondary.

Also, for those of you who appreciate good music, I strongly recommend purchasing the soundtrack. While as a whole the soundtrack is just 'good', the two tracks, "Dark Phoenix's Tragedy" and "Phoenix Rises" are AMAZING. If you've seen the movie, it put's right back into the scene. It really bodes well for the unstoppable goddess that Phoenix Force really is.

Skins

I saw it yesterday. It wasn't an awesome movie, but it kept me entertained for the whole movie, so I wasn't dissapointed.

And every scene Angel was in, he had a really gay vibe the whole time.

Wolfwood

Question: If the guy in the woods who had a little role was Spyke, who was the guy who had a bigger role, who also had spikes come out of him, but more like a porcupine.

That made me wonder. A lot.

Nightcrawler was not there. That was a shock. At least Juggernaut got a bit of time, not enough though. I laughed at the whole "I'm the Juggernaut bitch" line as I saw that video a few weeks ago online somewhere, of those black men dubbing an X-Men episode. I was a bit shocked with Scott and Xaiver though, it was like 'Wooh, hang on', but guess it was like the ultimate statement for Pheonix, you know?.

All in all, a top notch film, and so glad I saw it, you know? I think all 3 have been fantastic!

Goodfella.
Question: If the guy in the woods who had a little role was Spyke, who was the guy who had a bigger role, who also had spikes come out of him, but more like a porcupine.

He was based off of a character named Quill, but there was a mix up in the credits and they called him Kid Omega, who is a total different character. smile.gif

Loman

Things I didn't Like:

We didn't hear anything from Mystique after she was cured.

Not being told who half of the characters were. (I figured most of them out though)

Not very many good guys, I mean the first two had cameo after cameo, but this one was 90% bad guys

Most characters had different powers than in the comics

Too many characters that were seemingly forgotten about from the first two movies

Things I did like:

Seeing mystique naked in her human form tounge.gif

Knowing that everyone that died in this movie has a good sporting chance to come back (they've all been killed before in the comics, some of them multiple times)

All 5 original X-Men were on the team (Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, and Angel) even if not at the same time

Predictions for the future:

There will be an X4, with sentinels, because Bolivar Trask was in X3, he created the sentinels in the comics. Apocalypse might be in it too. I'm theorizing that Cyclops isn't dead, but in the future, where he'll meet Cable, who is coming back to the present to stop Apocalypse.

Also, there is a novelization of the film that differs from the movie in places Rogue doesn't cure herself, and at the end Moira McTaggart offers an antidote to the cure to Magneto, but he refuses it

Edited by Loman

Informant X

Apocalypse will be in the last film no doubt cuz he is still to this day the most deadliest of the X-men enemies. Mr. Sinister will easily fall into that storyline as well.

TSFella

@ Loman: As far as your first dislike goes, we do hear from Mystique. Remember when she narc'd out all her ex-partners in crime? I mean, I don't know if you personally want to count that but we do see something out of her.

I saw this movie a couple weeks ago. I felt it was a bit rushed and dramatic but I enjoyed it. It's not as great as the first two, though.

Wolfwood

He was based off of a character named Quill, but there was a mix up in the credits and they called him Kid Omega, who is a total different character. smile.gif

Haha awesome, you well know your stuff.

Is he only in the comics?

Forty

Spyke was a ridiculous and stupid character, and I have no idea why they chose for him to be one of the featured mutants. There are so many other cooler minor characters they could have spotlighted than his dumb ass. All he did was flare out like a f*cking blowfish and spout little quips.

The guy in the woods, Kid Omega, also I didn't care for. I wish they would have put the real Omega Red in there. That would have been fantastic. I guess they can't put everyone in the movies though.

Rogue losing her powers was another part I disliked. She never got to fight Miss Marvel or do really anything cool at all. That was disappointing. Also, I wanted more from the Iceman/Pyro fight. They have been feuding for two films and their big showdown lasts all of 15 seconds.

I have heard much speculation that the series is over with. There might possibly be a Wolverine movie, but nobody really wants to make another X-Men film. Don't get your hopes up or spend too much time debating what will be in it, as there most likely will be nothing to see.