Can't change resolution

kergaz

Hello to everybody!

This is my first post in this forum.

I have just installed a new graphic card, the Sapphire X800GTO (AGP Version). I re-installed the GTA San Andreas. The problem is that I can't change nor the resolution (it is stuck on 800x600x32) neither the anti-aliasing (it is stuck to "no") into the advanced display options. I have also checked these option into the ATI Catalyst centre and there are set in "application preference".

Does anyone have an idea of what can I do?

Thanks in advance!

crazyanurag

welcome to the forums...

to change resolution, you have to scroll through the ones available till you're at the one you want...then hit 'Enter' to change it...if the Anti-Aliasing option is greyed out, then it's probably because your card doesn't support that feature...

You'll Never Walk Alone

welcome to the forums...

to change resolution, you have to scroll through the ones available till you're at the one you want...then hit 'Enter' to change it...if the Anti-Aliasing option is greyed out, then it's probably because your card doesn't support that feature...

You'll Never Walk Alone

Thank you for your reply.

The problem is that the resolution is stuck on 800x600x32 and I can't scroll through other possible resolutions! Moreover, the anti-aliasing option is not greyed out, but also stuck to "no" without being able to change it.

That's why I think that this a very strange problem....

Ridgestalker

I'm having the same exact problem, both with the game unpatched and patched to 1.1

Neither AA nor the resolution can be changed. PC specs in my sig.

Oh and all my drivers are the latest, as well as I am running XP Pro SP2

Delete the SET file and change compatibility mode of gta-sa.exe to Windows 98 (by right-click -> Properties. Compatibility tab, check the box and change to Windows 98/ME).

GTA3Freak-2001

You are changing it before you start or load a saved game? The game won't allow resolution changes when a game is loaded so that would be your problem if it won't let you change it.

That's one of a problem!! Try to put the mouse cursor in align to the screen resolution then adjust using the middle mouse button (if you do not have, i have no idea!! confused.gif ) Same technique to Anti-aliasing. colgate.gif Edited by pizzaguy

Ridgestalker

*humps pizzaguys leg* inlove.gif

Thanks bro smile.gif That worked...just scroll it with the mouse button then click it biggrin.gif